Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 16,903 comments
Can confirm on MS Store/Xbox App
upload_2021-6-14_19-16-6.png

I will not be buying this game because of some trivial thing that has no real effect on me.
Nothing says “secure masculinity” like becoming a snowflake because someone told you their pronouns.

Please let there be single cab trucks.
I say this every time a new truck is introduced IRL. And I keep getting disappointed. I’m looking at you, Jeep Gladiator, Ford Maverick, Hyundai Santa Cruz.

Just watched AR12's newest video in search of some new info, and while he's not my favorite YouTuber, he usually has some insider information that can be useful. He claims he's asked the developers some questions, and here's what he says that's new info:

-Player houses return, VIP pass grants you one free house as it did in FH4
-Developers told him "over 500" cars, which is a more solid number than we've received.
-Raising/lowering convertible roofs in freeplay IS confirmed, was already confirmed in PG's livestream this morning
-Raising/lowering windows and turn signals are unconfirmed as of yet
-He mentions the widebody on the C8 is made by Streethunter (a new company to Forza), which also makes a (very nice in my opinion) widebody for the A90 Supra. Nick says in the video that the company was asked by PG to send over their designs for a Mazda RX7 and the A90 Supra, so the A90 Supra may make it into the game.
-He also says that the Lancer Evo X's body kit is made by Streetfighter LA, another new company to Forza. He says they also make body kits for M3s and "a bunch of Camaros."
-Brake calipers are paintable, also confirmed by PG today in their livestream.
-He mentions that FH5 could borrow some features from the upcoming Forza Motosport reboot (he uses performance exhausts changing engine sound as an example).
-Character clothing is now purchasable with credits (I don't know if this has already been confirmed or not, I feel like it has been mentioned already).
-It is unknown if character clothing has been removed from wheelspins.

I wouldn't consider these 100% confirmed until we see them or hear more, but they're obviously pretty plausible and I'm sure they hold truth to them.

Just watched AR12's newest video in search of some new info, and while he's not my favorite YouTuber, he usually has some insider information that can be useful. He claims he's asked the developers some questions, and here's what he says that's new info:
AR12, the shouty Canadian who says “Mazda” funny. I’m not his biggest fan either. I’ve watched a few of his videos, but I’m just as likely to nope out after a few minutes as I am to finish the video. However I’ll admit he’s a good source of inside information. Of the things you pointed out, I like the idea of making clothing purchasable via in-game credits. I never did like putting them in the wheel spin or locking them behind incredibly difficult goals.

Last edited:
That's the most upfront they've been with the car list, ever, I think. It's going to be between 500-600, still, but that's a nice number.

And it'll only grow. Granted, I'd probably cut it down to about 450 and go on from there, but its still a nice number.

VXR
Wow, reading the info provided by AR12, it sounds like they're really trying to tie up lots of loose ends and half-finished ideas this time around.

This one is going to be great, I'm sure.

That's exactly how I'm beginning to feel. The same with EventLab, better online features, and all the other improvements that have been mentioned up to this point, FH5 may finally feel at least close to being more complete in terms of fleshed-out and fully thought through features.

AR12, the shouty Canadian who says “Mazda” funny. I’m not his biggest fan either. I’ve watched a few of his videos, but I’m just as likely to nope out after a few minutes asi am to finish the video. However I’ll admit he’s a good source of inside information. Of the things you pointed out, I like the idea of making clothing purchasable via in-game credits. I never did like putting them in the wheel spin or locking them behind incredibly difficult goals.

I agree about both things said here haha. I never really watch him unless it's around E3 because I don't really enjoy his commentary style (that's more of my personal preference than a reflection of his character). He does always have some good info though when it comes to upcoming Forza games. As for the clothing thing, I agree that it's much better to have them purchasable. It just makes sense.

That's the most upfront they've been with the car list, ever, I think. It's going to be between 500-600, still, but that's a nice number.

That was the main thing (besides the clothing tidbit) that I thought was interesting. PG mentioned in their livestream this morning that they aren't in a position to discuss the car list since it isn't finalized, but at least "over 500" is more concrete than "hundreds." I almost worry they're having licensing struggles (especially since we haven't seen anything from Toyota yet), but the fact that Nick/AR12 heard something about that Streethunter body kit for the Supra gives me some hope. I'm not going to jump that hurdle until it becomes one, haha.

The ability to mod would've been a strange, but... poetic(?) type of outcome? Can't think of the correct way to describe it, but I only say it b/c of the amount of times I've seen folks clearly use Forza's models & rip them as content for other games.

Forza Horizon 5 looks incredible. I can't wait to see if it will run well on my PC. Speaking of PC, it'll have a Steam release at launch, which is great news because I want to avoid the MS Store like the plague.

About the location: Mexico. It grew on me the more I thought about it. For the most varied landscape, Mexico was an amazing choice and, after that trailer and that gameplay, I'm pretty convinced this map will be great to drive on. Just a bit disappointing on the size of map. I honestly thought it would be bigger, but if I enjoyed the previous Horizon titles, I can probably enjoy this one as well.

I'm already seeing amazing cars that I like and hearing a list of "over 500" cars is expected, leaves me very pleased that I'll have all my favorites, and then some. Oh, and operational convertibles are nice, bonus points if they can get windows and turn signals working.

I like that player houses are coming back, but here's hoping they expand on their functionality a bit.

Purchasable clothing? Yes please, thank you Playground.

Now, let's talk Events Lab. This is the feature that I'm most excited about, I want to know how powerful it is, exactly. I hope I'm finally able to create single-player time-trials, not just races.

Car customization is something I don't particularly care for, as I prefer my cars stock. Hopefully they improve the painting option on some models though.

For character customization, I like that they're expanding it, that you can choose hair style/color and voice. Don't care for pronouns, I think they're a ridiculous novelty anyway, but everything points to it being a non-consequential option and, if it brightens someone else's day, why not?

Last but not least, I heard in a Q&A that there's finally a racetrack in the map! Please let be a nice track.

I can't wait for November 9th.

To change the subject, let me introduce you to the car that displaced the fabled VW Beetle (Vocho) as the top seller in Mexico. I hope PG includes it as an awesome barn/garage find. It's a rolling death trap known as Tsuru in Mexico and as the Sentra (B13 gen) elsewhere, sold from 1997 until 2017 (!) after four full generations (B14 to B17) were sold side to side (!!!)

2015 Tsuru taxi.jpg

If that's the case, I'm totally doing that livery! :scared::D

Ah, and a totally awesome SE-R version (1993) existed, I hope we get that too!

And the car in the background is another Mexican fave, the Opel Corsa B, known here as Chevy, sold from 1994 to 2009 (!). Again, another cheapo car built and sold for too long with just bare safety features!

Last edited:
I don't know if this is really a hot take or not, but I wanted to bring it to mind anyway. This is just my opinion on the matter.

I've been hearing a lot about how several community members are disappointed with how this game looks so far because it "just looks like a FH3/4 clone." That's understandable, but I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing. Both FH3 and 4 are really strong games minus a few things when you think about it, and I think most of their issues (especially 4's) come from features that are poorly implemented, are extraneous, or are half-baked. From what we've already seen and heard about this game, I think several of these problematic features are being fixed and worked on.

Let me give some examples:
-EventLab seems like a very strong event creation tool that, if it's anything like they've promised, should combine all the good of Blueprint, Super 7, and Route Creator into one mode with several new features as well.
-Clothes are supposedly purchasable now if AR12's information is to be believed
-Engine sounds so far seem to be improved (although they're still not perfect from what we've heard)
-Good features from previous games seem to be staying so far (like Eliminator, Festival Playlist, and the like)
-New customization features (including paintable brake calipers) are being added
-The other new features shown so far seem to be substantial and beneficial to the game's longevity

That being said, it's still too early to make a good call on these features and the rest of the game until we see them in action, of course. But on the same note, it's too early to say "it looks too similar to Horizon 4 so I won't be buying it." Don't be turned off by the game just because the sub-10 minutes of combined gameplay and trailer footage seem similar to the previous games. It's Forza Horizon, so it's going to look like it. Frankly, what we've already seen and heard has exceeded my expectations. Again, that being said, I really hope that this game finally gets it right in terms of features.

Last edited:
Back