Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,092 comments
I need Don Thompson back and more classical music.

Mozart, Vivaldi, Wagner, Rossini, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Handel, Schubert, Verdi, Brahms...
All of them have been present in previous games.

FH5's classical music it's a major disappointment.
I realized there's no The Trials song in FH5

I almost forgot about the two new body kits. I like them. Honestly, few things are better than a hot hatch with a nice body kit.
ACCC44AF-22EA-4C04-9EB3-AFE18B822382.jpeg

62D06AB7-3FB6-49AE-9718-B3A1037540F5.jpeg

Ohhhhh, seeing the Velostar in dark green with red has given me an idea. You have inspired me Sir. I'm going for dark green carbon fibre with red once I finish work today.
Nice. I can’t wait to see it. I used the Hot Wheels dark green metal flake paint. The body kit comes with the Forza white letter tires but I switched to the Hot Wheels redline tires (same amount of grip so no loss of performance.)

I've become a big fan of Chvrches through these games and as they've had 4 songs, it'd be nice for one of them to get in (still surprised one from their latest album didn't make the cut for FH5).
Since Chvrches didn’t bless FH5 with a song from their new album, that’s why FH5 was, and to an extent still is, a buggy mess :P

Last edited:
But given how many Fords we've had in recent years, I wouldn't be surprised to see it come eventually.

I tried to watch that livestream. It was awful. I only stuck it out long enough to see the the new Mustang unveiled about halfway through then quit.

Last edited:
The Wiesmann GT MF5 was indeed in FM4! Though I never did play FM4, I think it's a beautiful machine. It would be very nice to have it back. If they do, I hope the V10 from the earlier version becomes available as an engine swap, that'd be awesome.

latest
You legend, thank you. It truly is a beautiful machine. Should I ever win the lottery I'm having one in my garage. It's a pity FM4 isn't backwards compatible, time to dig out the 360 then.

Weismann have been resurrected and a new model is due in the not to distant future so fingers crossed we get one in the game sometime.

+1 for the Wiesmann to return.

Would also love to see some of the other "Exotics" from the FM3 Exotics Car Pack return as well, especially this thing

forza-motorsport-3-20100506042546362.jpg

Or this beast!

image_forza_motorsport_3-12791-1856_0010.jpg

Getting back to the Midnight Battles feature. All of the cars available from FH3's midnight battles had some form of new customization on them (for the time)

The Mazda RX-7 and E36 has the Rocket Bunny Kits on them
The Lambo LP-670 SV had the Liberty Walk kit on it
The Buick had the open blower on it (which was all new for FH3 at the time)

So I'm hoping FH5's Midnight Battles will feature cars with perhaps some new customization on them (or Forza Editions with exclusive customization, like the Pontiac Firebird GTA etc)

After all the feature is sort of a homage to the street racing games of old (Midnight Club, Need for Speed) which had a heavy focus on car customization.

Wishful thinking probably but we'll see.

Last edited:
Are you really saying that because you don’t enjoy the classical music station, no one should have it? If you don’t like it, that’s fine, although it’s a shame you can’t appreciate it.
Sounds like somebody's never pulled over onto the side of the road in Burnout Paradise...

Last edited:
The new Mustang is a 2024 model it would be funny if it shows up before we get any 2023 models like the new Nissan Z or any more 2022 besides the Extreme E cars.

Wow, I remember it being a GREAT thing for Horizon 2 - driving along the Italian Mediterranean coast, listening to classical music while behind the wheel of my Alfa Romeo. It all came together. Life was beautiful.
Or, to use an example on the complete opposite side of the spectrum:

I have no problems with Classical music being present in racing games, but if the intent is for it to be an option while driving, then the music selected still has to be enjoyable to drive and race to. Imo, Forza Horizon 2 is the only Horizon game that succeeded at making it's classical station as a whole enjoyable during gameplay, whereas the following titles only had maybe a couple of songs that I personally enjoyed racing to at best.

The Wiesmann GT MF5 was indeed in FM4! Though I never did play FM4, I think it's a beautiful machine. It would be very nice to have it back. If they do, I hope the V10 from the earlier version becomes available as an engine swap, that'd be awesome.

FM4 actually had both the 2010 spec V10 car and the 2011 spec V8 car - I think the latter may have been DLC. The 2011 spec had an X5M twin-turbo V8 and 6-speed auto converted to RWD, which Wiesmann switched to when the V10 supply ran out. I don't know how many twin-turbo coupes were actually built as it was also when they started their slide to bankruptcy, but there's at least one roadster.

Or, to use an example on the complete opposite side of the spectrum:

This is Wagner, not Beethoven. I wonder whether Rob Da Bank was involved in the selection.

Last edited:
For my two pennies worth, I love the classic music stations. I play them a lot when driving and hooning around the maps in all the FH games. I do miss the the mighty Don Thompson though.View attachment 1194371
View attachment 1194372View attachment 1194373
Poor Tia Lola. I liked Don's "was it Shakespeare who said... no it was Wordsworth... or Milton... anyway the wife needs her groceries picking up" and "I maintain peak intensity at all times" routines.

I couldn't understand the Radio Levante DJ but his selections were the best in the series for me. I actually went out and bought a bunch of Mozart symphonies along with Brahms's second racket and Also Sprach Zarathustra after playing the game because I liked them so much.

Last edited:
Poor Tia Lola. I liked Don's "was it Shakespeare who said... no it was Wordsworth... or Milton... anyway the wife needs her groceries picking up" and "I maintain peak intensity at all times" routines.

I couldn't understand the Radio Levante DJ but his selections were the best in the series for me. I actually went out and bought a bunch of Mozart symphonies along with Brahms's second racket and Also Sprach Zarathustra after playing the game because I liked them so much.
Nothing against the lovely Tia, but The Don is a bona fide legend. I'm happy with them co-hosting.

Back