Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 16,908 comments
Probably the main reason is that it's most likely not just a copy and paste job to put cars from previous games into FH5. It's almost certainly less work than modelling something new, but they also don't have infinite resources to migrate over 700+ cars while building each new game.
It depends, really. They certainly have put work into older models over time, to give them proper interiors and more details in general. But then we still have cars with the same inaccuracies they've had since FM1, and interiors that are about as detailed as they were in FM3.

They don't remodel old cars very much, and with no new features or generational leaps in the car models, it very much is a copy/paste. Taking a car that was introduced in FH4 and putting it in FH5 takes very little effort on the modeling side of things (updating them to make the brake calipers paintable is all I can really think of). The biggest task would be audio, which needs a rework in just about every car that is added to FH5 now that they've moved to a new system. But then they also reuse audio from other cars, so who really knows what it takes?

It depends, really. They certainly have put work into older models over time, to give them proper interiors and more details in general. But then we still have cars with the same inaccuracies they've had since FM1, and interiors that are about as detailed as they were in FM3.

They don't remodel old cars very much, and with no new features or generational leaps in the car models, it very much is a copy/paste. Taking a car that was introduced in FH4 and putting it in FH5 takes very little effort on the modeling side of things (updating them to make the brake calipers paintable is all I can really think of). The biggest task would be audio, which needs a rework in just about every car that is added to FH5 now that they've moved to a new system. But then they also reuse audio from other cars, so who really knows what it takes?
There's also several upgrades in FH5 that aren't in FH4 - slick race tyres (and other compounds), new transmissions, new rims etc. The physics as well for some vehicles may need tweaking with FH5's changes in that area. All of which add some time to the porting process, how much time I have no idea as well. I'd imagine the live service team working on the monthly updates is significantly smaller than the full team that makes the full games and expansions - so it could also be a resource thing. Though tbf, a lot of these older models are probably already in FH5's dev build - and are pretty much ready to go, and that porting work was done a while ago.

I think the more important factor is cost. It's not like they're charging actual $$$ for any of the seasonal rewards. Sure it might not take a lot of time, but we don't know how much it costs to license these extra vehicles, even if they've been in FH4. I'm sure it's not free. I know a lot of people will retort to that and say "Well they're owned by MS, one of the biggest companies in the world. They can afford anything". Well that certainly helps but it's not MS paying for the licensing, it's a dedicated Forza licensing team that work with T10 and PG, big difference. They still have budgetary requirements to adhere too. I doubt that every month they can splurge on licensing 10-15+ vehicles. And at the end of the day, the studio still has to be profitable YOY, no matter how much money daddy MS has in the bank.

All I know is, compared to all the other Arcadish AAA racers, Forza gets more content per month than any other game. Even arguably more than GT7 as well. Not to say that content is "perfect" or not worth criticism, but you can't deny the Forza games to get a lot of content post launch (recycled or not).

Last edited:
Looking forward to the 2023 Nissan Z hopefully we will get some more 2022 and 2023 car models before the 2024 seventh generation Ford Mustang shows up.

The odd thing is they add a lot of bugs to the older content that were not in the previous pieces.

Especially in FH5 we see problems with many car body kits.
For example, some cars with rally kits, like the Subaru WRX (blobeye), leave shadows for the rally kit on the non-rally kit body kit.
On the 57 Bel Air, the rear fender antenna is no longer an accessory for the side skirts, but for some reason it is now an accessory for the hood.
This proves (in a bad way) that their work is not just copy and paste, but why would a body kit with no new parts added add so many bugs?

The odd thing is they add a lot of bugs to the older content that were not in the previous pieces.

Especially in FH5 we see problems with many car body kits.
For example, some cars with rally kits, like the Subaru WRX (blobeye), leave shadows for the rally kit on the non-rally kit body kit.
On the 57 Bel Air, the rear fender antenna is no longer an accessory for the side skirts, but for some reason it is now an accessory for the hood.
This proves (in a bad way) that their work is not just copy and paste, but why would a body kit with no new parts added add so many bugs?
I think the shadows has to do with the in game lighting? I believe they mentioned fh5 has updated lighting during pre launch.

They also lacked quality assurance imo.

I think the shadows has to do with the in game lighting? I believe they mentioned fh5 has updated lighting during pre launch.

They also lacked quality assurance imo.
Perhaps not.
This is because these shadows are not dynamic like other shadows. They are small gradient shadow textures that remain for those parts where the correct parts were, like the light pods, and perhaps for some reason the textures for the rally kit were used for the other body kits.

What about the lack of shift animation on the last gen supra? And, paddle shift animation on ALL applicable vehicles?

Last edited:
I wonder if this is true....

Attachments

• adsvwedvvds.PNG
    adsvwedvvds.PNG
    15.8 KB · Views: 11
I went on the Hot Wheels map to get enough points to get the Woody, and after that my FPS started to drop massively, even after going back to Mexico. We're talking 30-50 FPS and struggling to get over 65 FPS. And then right when I was testing my Woody on a drift zone, the game froze for a good 10 seconds, with bits of sounds coming in, and it crashed. I don't remember the last time I saw a game crash this hard.

For real, I'm certain the game was running better on my old 1070ti than it does right now on my 3080 🤔

Has anyone else noticed a sudden influx of Super 7 cards with totally unobtainable targets lately? I always do the Super 7 cards each week and this week had one with a Supra that required 197 mph at the festival in something like 35 seconds. The car just didn't accelerate anywhere near quick enough to make it possible. Last week at the same location had a stock VW camper van with a target of over 150 mph.

I'm no computer whizzkid, but there must be a way to weed out these cards made by cheaters. I'm just thankful we can burn cards that are impossible to do.

Last edited:
Has anyone else noticed a sudden influx of Super 7 cards with totally unobtainable targets lately? I always do the Super 7 cards each week and this week had one with a Supra that required 197 mph at the festival in something like 35 seconds. The car just didn't accelerate anywhere near quick enough to make it possible. Last week at the same location had a stock VW camper van with a target of over 150 mph.

I'm no computer whizzkid, but there must be a way to weed out these cards made by cheaters. I'm just thankful we can burn cards that are impossible to do.
https://forums.forza.net/t/super7-is-broken/574611/11
Apparently it is not a cheat, but they "added" a new bug when they fixed the Super7 exploit.
It appears that even in challenges that use upgraded cars, the cars are forced back to stock and as a result many challenges are now unattainable.

Correction: perhaps this bug is not related to the Super7 exploit, but rather to the Donut Media update.

Last edited:
Am I imagining it or does the Wagon drift to the left with race suspension installed?
Me too! Thank goodness for that, I thought it was my controller losing calibration...

I went on the Hot Wheels map to get enough points to get the Woody, and after that my FPS started to drop massively, even after going back to Mexico. We're talking 30-50 FPS and struggling to get over 65 FPS. And then right when I was testing my Woody on a drift zone, the game froze for a good 10 seconds, with bits of sounds coming in, and it crashed. I don't remember the last time I saw a game crash this hard.

For real, I'm certain the game was running better on my old 1070ti than it does right now on my 3080 🤔
I'm having serious issues with stuttering if the cable comes out of the top of my controller - fine up until that moment, but when the controller disconnects it starts stuttering and speeding up/slowing down. I've tried disabling vibration, but it's not that. The only thing that's new is connecting it to a 4K TV after moving house (my normal monitor is in the garage door the moment).

https://forums.forza.net/t/super7-is-broken/574611/11
Apparently it is not a cheat, but they "added" a new bug when they fixed the Super7 exploit.
It appears that even in challenges that use upgraded cars, the cars are forced back to stock and as a result many challenges are now unattainable.

Correction: perhaps this bug is not related to the Super7 exploit, but rather to the Donut Media update.
Cheers bud for the explanation, appreciate it. 👍

Is anyone else experiencing not being able to access the Auction House? In the last few days it's constantly said "Forza Horizon 5 server is down. Please try again later" Yet the seasonal events seem to be working fine....

Looking over some other FH4 cut models that would fit in 5 down, found one that could work

Aeroroadster fit's perfectly (representing the 2018 Morgan Aero GT) - bit of a weird choice but then again after last month, you never know what PG are going to bring back from FH4 and when.

Other possible manufacturers/models for 5 Down.

Brands

1. Peugeot
  2. Jeep
  3. Renault
  4. Lexus
  5. Ferrari
  6. Bentley
  7. Genesis
  8. Mercury
  9. Venturi

Models

1. Megane
  2. Legacy
  3. Celica
  4. Beetle

It could also not be manufacturer or model related - just like Ray Tracing/Rocket Bunny earlier in the crossword.
I've analyzed your clues for 5 Down and here's what I discovered:

Every make you mentioned except for Renault does not have any applicable cars.

Renault may give a close call, with a Renault RS _ _ _, although no such Renault R.S. model has 3 letters after the R.S.

Aeroroadster perfectly fits 5 down too, although I'm leaning more on the 2018 Morgan Aero GT, last featured in FH4's car pass.

Last edited:
After the last update loading times of events are very slow... (4-5 minutes).
Has anyone experienced something like that?
(PC)

Last edited:
Back