Forza Horizon 5 Rally Adventure Expansion

Well, Stellantis won't license their cars so it isn't always about money.
Exacttly, this is not just about they have more, its more about the lack of interest of the automakers to license their cars to Forza

This why i said that instead of pressure Playground Games, we should pressure Stelanties and their companies that are not in the game like Fiat, Lancia and Opel, its due their lack of interest that they arent in the game

Also pressure Toyota to end (or at least not renew) the exclusive deal with Sony and make the new cars be on the Forza games

Most notable Stellantis rally cars already been in Forza, its not the case.
I respect your opinion about the expansion, but please just think a little bit before posting nonsense. You probably forgot, nothing wrong with it, but they showed the Stratos in early FH5 gameplay (about new sounds if I'm not wrong). In addition there was an Accolade for using the Delta in the beginning that was later removed. And of course we all remember what happened with Mitsubishi when FH4 came. So everything is pointing to some other issues. We will never know what is going on so we can only speculate, but still please.... just don't.

I respect your opinion about the expansion, but please just think a little bit before posting nonsense. You probably forgot, nothing wrong with it, but they showed the Stratos in early FH5 gameplay (about new sounds if I'm not wrong). In addition there was an Accolade for using the Delta in the beginning that was later removed. And of course we all remember what happened with Mitsubishi when FH4 came. So everything is pointing to some other issues. We will never know what is going on so we can only speculate, but still please.... just don't.
You don't get my point. Cars in paid DLC almost always been new-to-Forza. Almost all notable rally cars under Stellantis brands already been in previous Forza games. This means that problem with Stellantis doesn't affect car list of DLC. Its irrelevant argument.

Most notable Stellantis rally cars already been in Forza, its not the case.
Licenses arent forever, there is a reason old Forzas left the store, contracts end after some time
THe problem is with Sterlantis Europe, not the USA one (besides newer US models are also missing on the game)

But are far as initial impressions go it's not comparing favourably to being dropped from an airplane onto the side of a volcano or zooming upside down through a tropical paradise in Hot Wheels cars. And like it or not, that's the bar Playground set for themselves.
The one where I can't even hear my gear changes in a vehicle with 8 or 9 gears..
As an answer to those who want FH5 to be more like WRC Rally... My reply is simple: I absolutely love that I can take any car in the game through a rally-like experience. FH5 is taking the basis of rally and giving us the ability to use a huge array of alternate cars that would never ever be seen in a normal rally game.

So instead of FH5 being more like WRC, we have FH5 distilling a bit of WRC but letting us deviate far far away from the traditional WRC driving experience. Which is a new thing. And therefore interesting.

If I want to race a big saloon, an SUV or even something more insane through these rally tracks, I can. Sure, the bumps absolutely destroy the balance of a big SUV, but that's half the fun. I definitely couldn't do that in DiRT Rally.
Yeah while I'm not a huge fan of the series I've found fun with the rally stuff in the last two games and this one is the best so far even before the DLC, Which I haven't touched yet. I played the game at launch but it was through GP, so I picked it up in the sale this week and I'm collecting all the rally cars first, doing it like the history of rally.

Last edited:
The more I play this expansion the more clear it is just how different the routes are from any previous Horizon game, especially the dirt and sand ones. They might not be quite as narrow as a proper rally game (since all of them have to be playable in group race format against AI and humans) but they are still a big difference in terms of width, undulation, cambers and generally require much more effort on the car control.

Sure, the general scenery is very much "Mexico" in appearance, but this map really does feel fresh and interesting. I can see a lot of replayability here.

The more I play this expansion the more clear it is just how different the routes are from any previous Horizon game, especially the dirt and sand ones. They might not be quite as narrow as a proper rally game (since all of them have to be playable in group race format against AI and humans) but they are still a big difference in terms of width, undulation, cambers and generally require much more effort on the car control.
Hopefully it's a prototype for the kinds of roads we can expect to see in Forza Horizon 6.

Stretching a supercar's legs is fun, but the main map is almost all that, and it's nice to have something where braking and turning are meaningful for more than a handful of layouts.

This why i said that instead of pressure Playground Games, we should pressure Stelanties and their companies that are not in the game like Fiat, Lancia and Opel, its due their lack of interest that they arent in the game
If they don't want to be in a game, public pressure isn't going to change that.

Unless said pressure gets to the front page of BBC, CNN etc. and starts impacting company valuations, they likely won't even pay much attention to it.

There are a number of reasons certain cars don't make it into various titles:

• The developer feels they don't fit the creative objectives of the game
  • The developer has meaningful substitutes already planned or in-game
  • The developer couldn't get the cars finished in time and they had to be cut from the game/service plan
  • The developer is working on the cars but they won't be ready/announced until a later date
  • The OEM denied the license
  • The OEM demanded too much (in terms of fees or royalty percentages)
  • The OEM has a preferential/exclusive license with another developer
  • The OEM simply hasn't signed the contract for whatever reason (happens more often than you think)
  • The OEM doesn't want cars outside of their currently available lineup to be "marketed" anymore

You can eliminate some of these bullet points already due to the fact that certain brands were in previous titles, but you can't eliminate all of them.

As much as we players see the benefits of having real car brands in games, the automotive industry is still somewhat new to all of this and in some cases averse to having their products featured in "mere toys". No amount of hashtags will change that.

Last edited:
* Cough* 30 cough years cough
Have a cup of tea, you'll feel better :)

The reality is that while games have licensed cars for that long, it's only in recent years that OEMs have started to "care" about how they're presented in games, or if they are in them at all (it's partly why vehicle damage isn't as detailed as it was in the past). There's still plenty of OEMs out there who view gaming as "beneath them", which is why you don't see certain brands in games all that much.

All it takes is a change of CEO for an OEM to go from being generally receptive of gaming to being indifferent or hostile towards it (and vice versa as those who ma have played Gran Turismo in the 90s are now climbing the corporate latter).

Ultimately, the automotive industry is bigger and more powerful than the racing game industry, so they call the shots. "We need them" more than "they need us" so to speak.

Last edited:
it's only in recent years that OEMs have started to "care" about how they're presented in games, or if they are in them at all
Ferrari "care" about representation in racing games since NFSIII, same with Honda in 2000s. Could be more. I am not saying you are wrong, just how arrogant they are. Instead of promoting its product via fastest growing entertainment industry, they burning billions in autosport which is on lifetime low.

Ferrari "care" about representation in racing games since NFSIII, same with Honda in 2000s. Could be more. I am not saying you are wrong, just how arrogant they are. Instead of promoting its product via fastest growing entertainment industry, they burning billions in autosport which is on lifetime low.
Ferrari care about their brand image more than most, not exclusive to gaming either 🙂

Last edited:
"The Narrows"
That's bugged for me; I can't complete the Apex Predators reputation task: complete The Narrows in under 3'30 in a B Class Modern Rally Car.

If I enter the race with the appropriate car, it shows ticks in both boxes right at the start and they remain on-screen; they never don't kerching away afterwards (and I've tried both Rally and Race, and in my B700 WRX and a stock B66x WRX, and I've rebooted the game and system twice).

That's bugged for me; I can't complete the Apex Predators reputation task: complete The Narrows in under 3'30 in a B Class Modern Rally Car.

If I enter the race with the appropriate car, it shows ticks in both boxes right at the start and they remain on-screen; they never don't kerching away afterwards (and I've tried both Rally and Race, and in my B700 WRX and a stock B66x WRX, and I've rebooted the game and system twice).
I used a B700 Evo and it unlocked first time for me.

I used a B700 Evo and it unlocked first time for me.
I get this:

1680466884022.png

As soon as I get into a B Class Modern Rally Car, the pinned task does that and it never goes away, completes, gives me the points or anything. It is in fact the only thing missing from my completion of the whole thing (in terms of the Team challenges; I still have a couple of Achievements and Accolades to go).

Any idea, @ManteoMax? I'm sitting at 48/49 on Apex Predators as a result :(

Edit: Lol

Last edited:
I don't mind the expansion. It's not great but it's acceptable imo.
Yeah it’s a $20 rally expansion for FH5.

They added some neat stuff and the courses are more technical than the main game. It could have added more rally cars instead of buggies, but the game already has a bunch of fun lower class rally cars or stuff I never really used until now like the Peugeot 207 s.

Last edited:
Yeah it’s a $20 rally expansion for FH5.

They added some neat stuff and the courses are more technical than the main game. It could have added more rally cars instead of buggies, but the game already has a bunch of fun lower class rally cars or stuff I never really used until now like the Peugeot 207 s.
How many of us actually paid that price, though?

The premium edition (or premium pack for gamepass users) gave us 2 expansions, VIP, welcome pack and car pass all for $40. That translates into considerably less than $20 per expansion in real terms.

And I agree completely about the B class cars. They work beautifully in the expansion, and it's a great reason to try out a bunch of rally or off road cars which you've never bothered with before. I took the racing Mini Countryman for the 3 Mini races achievement, with a nice B700 tune, and it was excellent fun to drive on these routes, whereas previously I never even bothered with it.

Last edited:

"they never don't kerching away" ?? 🤔
What language is that exactly? :lol:

I get this:

View attachment 1244790

As soon as I get into a B Class Modern Rally Car, the pinned task does that and it never goes away, completes, gives me the points or anything. It is in fact the only thing missing from my completion of the whole thing (in terms of the Team challenges; I still have a couple of Achievements and Accolades to go).

Any idea, @ManteoMax? I'm sitting at 48/49 on Apex Predators as a result :(

Edit: Lol
Exactly what I've got. Another one is the Azarte Sprint, it won't unlock. But apparently that's cos of the seasonal event I haven't got access to yet. Also I get alot of of frame drops in the dunes on PC. Everywhere else is fine. I have an RTX 3080 and an 11th gen I7-11700k, 16GB Ram and usually play on Extreme without ray tracing. Well before the DLC. Now, even on medium graphics without ray tracing it still drops. And yes drivers are up to date. Other than that it's been fun.

Last edited:
Exactly what I've got. Another one is the Azarte Sprint, it won't unlock. But apparently that's cos of the seasonal event I haven't got access to yet. Also I get alot of of frame drops in the dunes on PC. Everywhere else is fine. I have an RTX 3080 and an 11th gen I7-11700k, 16GB Ram and usually play on Extreme without ray tracing. Well before the DLC. Now, even on medium graphics without ray tracing it still drops. And yes drivers are up to date. Other than that it's been fun.
It seems the dunes fps drops are due to Terrain deformation setting and the latest Nvidia driver. I've seen some claim that the frame drops disappear by rolling back to the previous driver. Tuning off terrain deformation also works, while waiting for it to be patched.

Did they ever say if the rally expansion had seasons?
Yes, They did mention in the Livestream that the weather variation of each season is a bit more extreme then the base game map, but never showed it. If you have the expansion you can test out the season yourself by setting up a Blueprint race to change the season.

Having completed the main events of the expansion including Goliath, I thought it was a decent expansion overall. The map was certainly a highlight given its increased complexity and elevation changes for the offroad sections, would be nice to see that kind of environmental design carried over into the next game, as well as having rally events in the base game.

I also updated my avatar to show appreciation towards my favourite pace note in the expansion! ;)

I was going to put off doing this expansion until next month but I dipped into the Apex Predator team and ended up nearly completing it after a couple of hours or three. I'm not fond of how it forces you to unlock the other teams when your rep reaches a certain level but otherwise I'm having a blast. It sounds like only Chad Tepper on Epitaph provides running commentary on the event as I switched to Hospital briefly and Chris & Degs didn't mention it.

I think I might ration out the DLC by sticking to one team a week if it's this addictive or it'll all be gone in a week and a half. If only the weekly playlist was this much fun.

I was going to put off doing this expansion until next month but I dipped into the Apex Predator team and ended up nearly completing it after a couple of hours or three. I'm not fond of how it forces you to unlock the other teams when your rep reaches a certain level but otherwise I'm having a blast. It sounds like only Chad Tepper on Epitaph provides running commentary on the event as I switched to Hospital briefly and Chris & Degs didn't mention it.

I think I might ration out the DLC by sticking to one team a week if it's this addictive or it'll all be gone in a week and a half. If only the weekly playlist was this much fun.
It is a good DLC isn't bud. Ive only had Epitaph on since the DLC update went live so I don't know about the commentary, but i do know I bloody love the station.

Wish I had your self control. I was like a kid at Xmas and completed the lot in 3 days, although I am having fun trying out other people's events in Rally World.

Latest Posts

Back