Forza Motorsport 6 February Community Bounty

Thought today was going to be the day, but only got down to a 1:38.380. Had a few laps after that with split times that would have given me a 1:38.1xx. Just need to get the last 4 turns a little more consistent.

Thought today was going to be the day, but only got down to a 1:38.380. Had a few laps after that with split times that would have given me a 1:38.1xx. Just need to get the last 4 turns a little more consistent.

Are you using a controller? I'm getting faster but high 1:42, I'm making sure every corner was clean in my mind. Yet according to the game it must not be. I'm hardly going off or cutting corners...

I'm absolutely certain I'm not going off the track, I could swear some laps were clean. Are you allowed to rewind or does this ruin the lap?

Its just weird that I get a faster times and beat my rival on a very clean lap and I still don't get the time or the rival beaten...

Are you using a controller? I'm getting faster but high 1:42, I'm making sure every corner was clean in my mind. Yet according to the game it must not be. I'm hardly going off or cutting corners...

I'm absolutely certain I'm not going off the track, I could swear some laps were clean. Are you allowed to rewind or does this ruin the lap?

Its just weird that I get a faster times and beat my rival on a very clean lap and I still don't get the time or the rival beaten...

Rewind dirties a lap. But what's probably more relevant to your situation: any off-track dirtying in the final sector of a lap will dirty the following one. However, rewinding in the final sector won't do that.

That's the main reason I keep Rewind on for hot lapping: if I accidentally have an off on the last corner of a turn, I don't want to waste the entire next lap because it's dirty. Always make sure your final sector is free of any offs.

Rewind dirties a lap. But what's probably more relevant to your situation: any off-track dirtying in the final sector of a lap will dirty the following one. However, rewinding in the final sector won't do that.

That's the main reason I keep Rewind on for hot lapping: if I accidentally have an off on the last corner of a turn, I don't want to waste the entire next lap because it's dirty. Always make sure your final sector is free of any offs.

Its the rewind then. No wonder! Now to try do whole lap without rewind! Screw that - doing it another day to angry to try again.

image.jpeg

I almost threw it all away on the final turn when I was on a stormer of a lap, left the braking a little late and missed the apex by a lot and ended up drag racing down the home straight and I think the choice to stay low instead of going to the outside made the vital difference. :bowdown:

I feel sorry for the people that won't get a guaranteed Aston from this, I really do.

I'm just glad it's finally over for me. :)

If my copy of FM6 was the disc version then it might of been thrown about after another failed attempt. And while some say there is still plenty of time to beat him I say one thing. That will not happen since my reaction times are not the same anymore.

Last edited:
God I hate having to use "manual with clutch" with buttons but apparently it's the fastest way... and in an automatic car to boot! It's literally just "hit two buttons instead of one to go faster". Why not three or four? The more buttons you hit the faster you go! I hate that I have to adapt to this completely unrealistic power shifting "technique" just for one game if I want to be competitive.

Almost had it today. Left .2 in the very last turn and only needed .1 to beat it. Just stuck at 1:38.3 at the moment. I'll definitely give it one last try tomorrow before the event is up.

At this point I honestly couldn't even care less about the Aston. I just can't accept being this close to the time and not beating it!

Well looks like I'm not getting the Aston. I'm just too bored to keep trying at this point and it's a waste of time. I don't get how Triton is so slow on some corners yet so fast on others. I'm ahead of him on the first four corners but after that he just blazes by on those right-handers. Also I can't really tell what I'm doing wrong, in my eyes I'm doing the same thing he does but somehow he's magically faster. Maybe it's just this stupid car and tune combo that's rubbing me the wrong way.

Did anyone else just get gifted the V8 Vantage when they logged on? :confused: I just got on right now and saw it had been gifted to me.

Evidence screenshot:
25112022239_e98ed1c472_c.jpg

I got one as well. Why are you so surprised?
He probably didn't beat Tritons time, that may be why he's surprised.

I didn't beat Triton's time, yet I was gifted the car when I logged on today.

Back