Forza Motorsport 6 February Community Bounty

@SlipZtrEm, I think TCS might be robbing you of that extra umph powering out of the turns. As for the Lap, I think its turn 7 that looks to be the problem. On that turn I go wider, and press the brakes with a babies grip, and let engine-braking do the rest of the work. I tend to fly in so hard that I'm riding the outside line after the turn. I'll tell you now though, it's either you nail that turn, or you don't. There doesn't really seem to be an inbetween.

While I can realistically string together a high 1:38 with @Im_Lukas' set-up and hours of patience, the urge to pump out dozens of laps just to reach a personal goal simply isn't there. Otherwise I'll leave it at 1:39.650 or whatever it is I managed last week.

I hope there are others ways to get the Aston, but I won't be too upset if not. I think I've driven that Ferrari approxamitely 3 times since I've gotten it. 👍

Wait and see if you'll be one of the lucky 100 time-setters to get their names plucked out of a hat soon, as I've resigned myself to doing.

Last edited:
Well my (hideous) Rolls has decided to stick to cruises from here on in :P
It was fun while it lasted.

I personally think that they gave RBW Triton WAAAAY too much time to set a good lap. His deadline should've been when he was in the 1:39s. He went overboard with this one, and I hope he doesn't get selected as the Bounty again, because this is blatantly unfair to about 85% of the fanbase. It's bad enough that you pick one of the worst cars to do the event with, but also pick a track that demands precision and concentration?! Why? I don't care if the V8 Vantage can be earned by other means in the future. I know I'm not alone in thinking this. Check the official thread on the Forza forums, and there's many people singing the same tune. Maybe I'm coming off as a bit of a crybaby, but I know there's people in this thread that'll share the wounds with me.

I'm fine with making it challenging, sure. And even when I was ahead of him for a short time, I sympathized with those that couldn't catch him, as it was already one of the hardest Bounty times the series has seen. But allowing Triton to go back each and every day to shave more off is only locking more players out of the Aston each time. People aren't going to be spurred to keep trying: they're more likely to just give up (and it certainly reads that way on the official boards).

The apparent reasoning of wanting to challenge the folks that always reside at the top of the boards is ass-backwards too. It's not going to challenge them any more than usual, it's just going to alienate those that don't occupy the top 1%.

I really enjoy the challenge they're giving here, but I think they've approached these bounty events all wrong in the way that they've set Triton as the first bounty. I believe they've stated at some point that Triton is one of if not the fastest that T10 employ.

If we just use this event as an example (I know they don't run the same event, but to indicate difficulty easier) and say we have 4 bounties who are capable of these times: (1:38, 1:40, 1:42, 1:44) would it not be more beneficial for the players and T10 in the form of player happiness to run them from the 1:44 descending, so the biggest challenge will be faced last? That way you end up with people who may have put hundreds of laps in to beat just the 1:44, then next month they see they have to beat a 1:42 which seems far more obtainable than jumping down to a 1:38, with each month they improve as drivers and by the end of the journey they may think actually they can beat that 1:38.

The top 1% are probably going to beat the bounty no matter what order they're run, but I feel running it as the way above lays out would reward those who put the time in to improving and on average will see more unicorns being rewarded, more than running Triton straight away and then running a bunch of comparatively easy bounties does at least.

Sorry for rambling on, maybe someone can understand what I mean here :lol:.

Your exactly right @Im_Lukas. They should of picked an easier challenge for the first time. It's not like they had a huge turnout for this one anyways. I haven't checked in a few days but what was it 26,000 or so? I doubt a lot of those even try in future events.

The way they should do it, is have whomever is posting the time do it before the event even starts. Give him 3-4 days or so to get his best time before the event starts, then that's the time to beat for the month. I guess it makes it more "exciting" if the time changes, but for those like me who would have to give it a lot to beat his 1:39.xxx time, it just kills the ambition to keep trying when you see the time to beat getting lower and lower.

Once I maxed the Rolls affinity, and was having trouble getting below 1:40, I lost a lot of interest. Especially once I read that it only took him 6 laps to get that 1:39.5 time, that I grinded for 100+ trying to catch. Hopefully since not many people will end up with the Aston, they will make it easily available some other way. 👍

@SlipZtrEm, I think TCS might be robbing you of that extra umph powering out of the turns. As for the Lap, I think its turn 7 that looks to be the problem. On that turn I go wider, and press the brakes with a babies grip, and let engine-braking do the rest of the work. I tend to fly in so hard that I'm riding the outside line after the turn. I'll tell you now though, it's either you nail that turn, or you don't. There doesn't really seem to be an inbetween.

The reason I was keeping TCS on was that it was making me more consistent on the first four turns, if possibly a little slower. I've just now turned it off, and after missing you by a few hundredths, then running more dirty 38.1's, I've broken into the 37's, if only barely (1:37.973). Turns out the trick was to stop over-driving it, though I'm still behind you on the first turn. Didn't feel noticeably faster than my other laps, which shows what I think of this combo.

If Triton ends up faster than that, I'm officially out. Other than picking up .1 or so at the first turn, those were all my fastest sectors.

1:38.230 is his final time, it appears.

RBW Triton
I'm going to lock this time as my final time. I feel on a lucky lap I might be able to squeak a few more .10ths but I think this will give some that are close time to go after it.

Final Time to beat - 01:38.230

If you can't get past that time, remember 100 random cars will be given out at the end of the event.

And if you participated in guessing close to my final time, the players that guessed within the 5 closest times without being faster are:

I'm about .300 away. I'm tempted to just jump back in and give it a try. I still have plenty of time, at least.

You and I are pretty level on most races, so I think you can find the time, if you can get past the frustration of the combo!

One thing I'd recommend: turn off sim damage. The 4% transmission damage glitch seemed to be slowing down your ghost on the straights. In the middle section, I gained at least two car lengths based on that alone.

Good luck guys. I do agree with this Bounty being ridiculously difficult to beat, but for those who have the chance now, keep going! :D

You and I are pretty level on most races, so I think you can find the time, if you can get past the frustration of the combo!

One thing I'd recommend: turn off sim damage. The 4% transmission damage glitch seemed to be slowing down your ghost on the straights. In the middle section, I gained at least two car lengths based on that alone.
Yeah, our times usually stack up pretty closely, I've noticed as well. My last time wasn't my best lap, but I just couldn't be bothered to chase down the dirty lap that was faster.

I never even thought about the sim damage and the clutch damage. I didn't notice that it was slowing me down that much. I'll be sure to get that changed the next time I go on. Thanks for the tip!

1178970955833.jpg

1:38.165

50 laps later i've done it :cheers:. Thank god that is his final time. @SlipZtrEm You can bog off with your time. You have won this battle ha.

I am losing a lot of time at turn 7/8. I can't get the car where I want it.
I'm at 1:38.446 now...tend to be 2 or 3 tenths ahead (of Triton) coming into turn 7 only to end up 2 or 3 tenths behind him at the line. :banghead:

Edit: Nevermind. 1:38.108
Just had to get further in front over the first half of the lap to compensate... 👍
Only level 8 Rolls Royce affinity.

Last edited:
Well, after trying it yet again, I raise the white flag...I give up.
Tried every single trick you guys offered, and I'm still nowhere near Triton's time. Haven't even left the 1:40s. So, I'm done. I'm just not good enough. Those who beat him, congrats...
james-van-der-beek-clapping-gif-dawson-b7279382-sz624x350-animate1_zpsdf9ee7d7.gif~c200

I am losing a lot of time at turn 7/8. I can't get the car where I want it.
I'm at 1:38.446 now...tend to be 2 or 3 tenths ahead (of Triton) coming into turn 7 only to end up 2 or 3 tenths behind him at the line. :banghead:

Edit: Nevermind. 1:38.108
Just had to get further in front over the first half of the lap to compensate... 👍
Only level 8 Rolls Royce affinity.
If I give this bounty another two goes then I have one question to ask. And that is what tune did you use.

If I give this bounty another two goes then I have one question to ask. And that is what tune did you use.
I was using @Im_Lukas tune, but I just grabbed the one Triton was using (and @SlipZtrEm) which was by LMR Harmonic or something like that...

I figured if I use the same tune, then I can just drive a bunch of laps, and mirror Triton's lines one corner at a time. The tunes the same, so the car will act the same.

I found @Im_Lukas' and Harmonic's the best-suited to my driving style (worth mentioning: I think Lukas' current time was run with a non-shared tune). You'll want to avoid curbing through every turn except Westfield and Sheene's (T6 and T7), where you'll want to clip the inside curbing as aggressively as you dare.

I was using @Im_Lukas tune, but I just grabbed the one Triton was using (and @SlipZtrEm) which was by LMR Harmonic or something like that...

I figured if I use the same tune, then I can just drive a bunch of laps, and mirror Triton's lines one corner at a time. The tunes the same, so the car will act the same.
I will try and give this bounty another go on Sunday. However you might want to order me some more swear jars before I give this another go.

After 20 laps I am struggling to get back into the 1:39's to the point that I hope we don't see anymore unicorns.

Update

Right that is me done with this challenge for another week since it isn't possible for me to keep the rear end or brakes disciplined. Aside from that, I ended my latest attempt at beating his time by slamming down my controller.

Last edited:
Back