Forza Motorsport 6 February Community Bounty

Nooooooo, it's FM4's Rivals all over again! :lol:

Yeah, I might be able to push it to a low 1:39, but I severely doubt my chances of any 1:38's. I'll have to revisit it again after he sets his new time, I imagine.
You'd be capable of mid/high 38's for sure.

Also, since today is the day RBW Trition is updating his time (if I recall correctly), I decided to give it another go. Down to a 1:38.823, it's amazing what a fresh mind can do.

Not going to do too many laps and get frustrated, so that'll do for now. From what I've looked at on other rival events, Triton tends to be between 500th and 1500th on the leaderboards, so if you can get in the top 1000 you should get the chocolates. :)

Got down to a 1:41.6 last weekend after reading some advice here. Still haven't got a hope in hell of getting that Aston.

I'm waiting to see how much tritons time jumps up before wasting more time, I'm still at 1:40:633, but having trouble getting into it anymore. I won't even be upset if I don't get it, It may be worth never driving that "car" again. Lol :lol:

Has his time been updated yet? I would prefer to not have to give this another go :lol:
I think it's after midnight tonight he said he would post a new time, and then almost daily he would be trying from what I gathered.

Last edited:
Yeah, forget it. Tried again, and I cannot get any quicker than 1:41.311. I don't know how the heck you guys are getting 1:38s, but keep doing what you're doing. I really hate the RR Wraith for the moment. After doing 30+laps, nearly half of them invalidated, I couldn't manage any faster.

It's clear that these challenges were more suited for wheel users. Either that or I'm just crap. Probably the latter. I give up. I really wanted that V8 Vantage too. :(

It's events like this that REALLY make me miss January's Ferrari 312P giveaway. That was so much easier.

Yeah, forget it. Tried again, and I cannot get any quicker than 1:41.311. I don't know how the heck you guys are getting 1:38s, but keep doing what you're doing. I really hate the RR Wraith for the moment. After doing 30+laps, nearly half of them invalidated, I couldn't manage any faster.

It's clear that these challenges were more suited for wheel users. Either that or I'm just crap. Probably the latter. I give up. I really wanted that V8 Vantage too. :(

It's events like this that REALLY make me miss January's Ferrari 312P giveaway. That was so much easier.

Wouldn't say they're aimed at wheel users. I've managed a 1:37.7xx and i use a controller, as do most of the people in the top 100. Triton is also using a controller as well.

Any tips you guys can offer?

These are mostly just general tips but all will apply to this time trial as well, also I'm not familiar with your experience with Forza games so sorry if any of these are too basic.

1. If you're still on automatic I highly recommend switching to manual or even better manual w/ clutch, last I checked there weren't any automatic transmission users beating the current time and not too many (although there were some) manual users, and there's probably a 0.5 - 1 second advantage between each transmission setting on this track.

2. Make sure you're using an appropriate tune, as far as I'm aware power upgrades aren't too useful here at Brands Hatch, so look for a tune with stock power output, or anything near the top of the leaderboards should do. When experimenting with builds in the first few days my power build was 2+ seconds per lap slower than my early grip build.

3. Don't rely on the braking line, it's best to learn when to brake by other references, the braking line will have you far too slow coming in to corners where you either don't use all of your handling potential, or you don't use the whole track. Only game I've used it is NFS Shift 2 I think for getting the "perfect" turns and it messed up my braking points for a good while after I took it back off. If you're constantly driving different cars on different tracks it might not be a bad decision but if you're running the same car/track you can keep it off.

4. Don't brake as late as possible to make the turn though, braking slightly earlier and most importantly in a straight line, it gets you slowed down quicker and puts you on a better position to maintain your line, you may lose a tenth or two braking too early and having to coast a few metres but that's better than the second or more you'll lose braking too late and having to stick it around the outside of the corner. If you look at professional racing drivers it's not too often you see them braking and turning at the same time, it's just not as fast.

5. Be able to spot where you're going wrong, or where you're losing time. It's no good if you're just driving laps but not paying attention to what makes for a faster lap, you should always be thinking along the lines of "too slow here", "was braking too late there" etc. and then try something different next time, if you keep practicing the same bad line, it's still going to be a bad line. I tend to switch my rivals up a bit and sometimes I'll race someone a tenth or two quicker, other times I race my own ghost to see what I'm doing better now and get an idea of what my target time should be.

And if you're stuck for a general track guide for this car, @SlipZtrEm had a great guide in this thread here.

Controller settings I have no idea about, I'm still running default deadzones with sim steering and have no problems keeping control of my cars, so I'm of the belief that as long as you're comfortable controlling the car they don't really require changing and aren't beneficial to lap times.

It's clear that these challenges were more suited for wheel users. Either that or I'm just crap. Probably the latter. I give up. I really wanted that V8 Vantage too
I wouldn't say so. In fact I think the fastest members here are using a pad for the most part. It was a very hard challenge, I'll give you that though.

I'm safe, but just by .200. Hopefully he doesn't up it again.

I wouldn't say so. In fact I think the fastest members here are using a pad for the most part. It was a very hard challenge, I'll give you that though.

I'm safe, but just by .200. Hopefully he doesn't up it again.
Best of luck to you.
Had another go at it today with nothing good coming out of it. I guess I'm just not good enough. :(
On the plus side, I managed to reach level 25 with Rolls-Royce and Pontiac. Now to work on Alfa Romeo.

Best of luck to you.
Had another go at it today with nothing good coming out of it. I guess I'm just not good enough. :(
On the plus side, I managed to reach level 25 with Rolls-Royce and Pontiac. Now to work on Alfa Romeo.
It took a crap ton of trial and error. I'm not sure if I'll be able to push any farther, so if he has another go, even I may be out of luck. What worked best for me was taking wide lines

Triton is down to a 38.696 now, he has the right idea for most of the track but after looking at his replay I see some easy time he's left in turns 1 and 2, and he doesn't get a great run through the penultimate right of the course, so let's just hope he keeps making them mistakes :lol:.

Anyone remember the FM4 bounty with VoodooUomo on Mugello? He started out fairly lightly, only setting the #2 time in the world for the first day :crazy: and I believe he ended up finishing somewhere well in to the top 100. Of course I'd already given up while still a couple of seconds off his time, it was slightly discouraging when even the fastest guys were struggling. Just be glad that we don't have him setting the bounty here.

Triton is down to a 38.696 now, he has the right idea for most of the track but after looking at his replay I see some easy time he's left in turns 1 and 2, and he doesn't get a great run through the penultimate right of the course, so let's just hope he keeps making them mistakes :lol:.

Anyone remember the FM4 bounty with VoodooUomo on Mugello? He started out fairly lightly, only setting the #2 time in the world for the first day :crazy: and I believe he ended up finishing somewhere well in to the top 100. Of course I'd already given up while still a couple of seconds off his time, it was slightly discouraging when even the fastest guys were struggling. Just be glad that we don't have him setting the bounty here.
Someone was saying something about VoodooUomo in the forums, how we should be lucky it's Triton. I only know his name from the photo galleries, he takes great photos. Apparently he's super fast too lol. :lol:

This is frustrating me to no end, if only because I can't really see where I'm losing time. Or, more accurately: I can't figure out what to possibly do in the turns to cut time at this point.

I've run a dirty 1:38.1xx, but that was a fluke. I simply can't get the fourth corner right no matter what I try. I've watched videos, applied the same tunes, and hit the same braking points, yet I'm going around the corner slower and with more understeer. This car just can't be consistent for me: I'll run what I think are the same lines each lap, with wildly different results.

I'm following this as best I can:

At this point, I also think it's a bit of a dick move to have Triton continue to update his time. It's already in the top 2%, and despite them saying otherwise, there hasn't been a word about how to win the Ferrari this month, so who knows when/if the Aston will show up for the second time.

Turn 4 is evil. That turn makes me feel stupid every time. :banghead: I've parked the Rolls and have no plans to ever drive it again. Im not near as good as most you guys to begin with, it's just not worth the frustration and me spending hours on it to chase a time like that.

I hope there are others ways to get the Aston, but I won't be too upset if not. I think I've driven that Ferrari approxamitely 3 times since I've gotten it. 👍

Last edited:
Back