FRL (Furi's Race Leagues): Phase #1 On PS3 2011-2015... Phase 2 Incoming...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,310 comments
  • 301,437 views
Furi, hurry up and get ToCA12 over with so ECM can beat you in 13.
 
Volvo had to use loads of lock just to get it into the corners, it was completely lightened too.

Without giving things away: @FordMKIVJ5 's notes he sent me on the Volvo:

"Best overall FWD for feel, great rotation on the brakes, but understeers badly on the power. Very fast in a straight line..."
 
Was the Honda similar?
 
Tentative specs = 47.2 in the Volvo(just copied the same specs Furi had on his via member list)
 
So the T11 Renault?

"Fine. Good handling, good speed"


hsv
Was the Honda similar?

"Maybe it just doesn't suit me, but I could not get a handle on it at all. Very fast in a straight line though (probably the fastest)"

My tests then showed it to be fastest by 1mph and I lapped Bathurst in exact same time as Mazda and Nissan.
 
I couldn't get to grips with it either. Felt really inconsistent, sloppy but too stiff.
 
hsv
I couldn't get to grips with it either. Felt really inconsistent, sloppy but too stiff.

It's harder to drive for sure. Definitely able to be on pace though.
 
Volvo was really bad in Clearways, the nose just couldn't get in and Surtees it felt really bad. The Skyline of waffle was fast through those sections.
 
Volvo was really bad in Clearways, the nose just couldn't get in and Surtees it felt really bad. The Skyline of waffle was fast through those sections.

Volvo (I was in my T12 one) seemed to have better top end than the Nissan though. Nissan looked good in turns though for sure.
 
Volvo was really bad in Clearways, the nose just couldn't get in and Surtees it felt really bad. The Skyline of waffle was fast through those sections.

That's what FC suspension is for. ;)

Volvo (I was in my T12 one) seemed to have better top end than the Nissan though. Nissan looked good in turns though for sure.

Generally speaking the RWDs are slower in a straight line due to simply handling better. :lol:
 
That's what FC suspension is for. ;)
I had been playing around with some different settings but could never get the car in for that turn. Still got some more stuff to try but won't start doing that until pre season.
 
I had been playing around with some different settings but could never get the car in for that turn. Still got some more stuff to try but won't start doing that until pre season.

Same. I whacked on most basic of tunes to get myself to 48.2. I know what I can adjust and how to get quicker though.
 
I've been up and down everywhere on the Accord settings. Knew the initial setup struggle would be like this though.
 
hsv
I've been up and down everywhere on the Accord settings. Knew the initial setup struggle would be like this though.

Wait till final specs :lol:
 
Volvo was already at it's lightest so it must be setup, unless ballast is brought into this.
 
Volvo was already at it's lightest so it must be setup, unless ballast is brought into this.
No ballast. Don't forget these cars are in general larger with a bigger wheelbase than many past vehicles.
 
No ballast. Don't forget these cars are in general larger with a bigger wheelbase than many past vehicles.
I think this sums up the styles of cars well:

stcc_2007.jpg
 
PLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUG.
 
PLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUG.

That was so bad and awful and pointless I nearly head-desked.

On topic - everything writing wise is now done. Just need final Alfa spec and I can upload.
 
Mission successful. Bye. :lol:



(seriously, though, I'm just teasing)
 
Back on topic - and my final contribution of material (think you got spoiled today):

Dimensons For OP Picture copy.jpg


Credit to @FlyingFox for the updated FRL logo.

Also @raceorama123432 , @Holdenhsvgtsr and @Roflwaffle will be a 3 strong ToCA Media Team, conducting interviews, getting photos and video footage for the season ahead. Thanks for agreeing to help lads 👍
 
Expect T12 to be up tomorrow late afternoon.
 
Why aren't you using my logo?
 
Expect T12 to be up tomorrow late afternoon.
My guess for T12 to be open on Thursday is correct then.

I used logic that T10 was open on the 24th and ToCA11 was open on the 7th I made a guess it would land on the 14th
 
Back