FRL~INDYCAR~ Plux Runs Out Of Fuel.... After He Takes The Chequers At The Motegi 300!Finished 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,968 comments

What Madrid Layout to use for Round #1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We didn't jump start once, we just have the benefit of knowing exactly when the leader will go, so not a jump start :)
Yea and have 4 cars cleared before the car that was in front of you begins to go... That caused some of the restart crap tbh

Excellent racecraft

Yea and have 4 cars cleared before the car that was in front of you begins to go... That caused some of the restart crap tbh

Excellent racecraft

I'm fairly certain our restarts didn't cause any trouble, but I'd love to see any example if you can find one.

What caused most of the trouble with restarts on Sunday was people simply not keeping up with the person infront, which lead to half the field accelerating to catch up just before the start.

I'm fairly certain our restarts didn't cause any trouble, but I'd love to see any example if you can find one.

What caused most of the trouble with restarts on Sunday was people simply not keeping up with the person infront, which lead to half the field accelerating to catch up just before the start.
It's quite simple:

On the restart, your Skype would count down the restart and then all of you would start accelerating. When you would inevitably be starting quicker than the car in front of you, you'd pull out to pass. The car that you're passing (who may not be right on the bumper of the car 2 in front of Spurgy/RPH) would then go because Spurgy/RPH is passing them meaning the race is green. At the same time, the car behind Spurgy/RPH would accelerate as well going on Spurgy/RPH as that's what you do if you can't see the leader or don't have a Skype call telling you when to go. The car directly in front of Spurgy/RPH would then have to check up because the car in front of it hasn't gone yet and an outside move isn't possible with Spurgy/RPH still alongside. Meanwhile, the car accelerating behind Spurgy/RPH would then have to really jam on the brakes to keep from slamming the group checking up in front of that car (as well as the rest of the field) making the restarts seem like someone is brake testing the whole field when really Spurgy/RPH was blowing by 1/3 of the field before T1 and causing a log jam in the process.

Thanks again Furi for fixing this

It's quite simple:

On the restart, your Skype would count down the restart and then all of you would start accelerating. When you would inevitably be starting quicker than the car in front of you, you'd pull out to pass. The car that you're passing (who may not be right on the bumper of the car 2 in front of Spurgy/RPH) would then go because Spurgy/RPH is passing them meaning the race is green. At the same time, the car behind Spurgy/RPH would accelerate as well going on Spurgy/RPH as that's what you do if you can't see the leader or don't have a Skype call telling you when to go. The car directly in front of Spurgy/RPH would then have to check up because the car in front of it hasn't gone yet and an outside move isn't possible with Spurgy/RPH still alongside. Meanwhile, the car accelerating behind Spurgy/RPH would then have to really jam on the brakes to keep from slamming the group checking up in front of that car (as well as the rest of the field) making the restarts seem like someone is brake testing the whole field when really Spurgy/RPH was blowing by 1/3 of the field before T1 and causing a log jam in the process.

Nonsense, that's not what happens at all, the only thing that's true is the people behind get a slightly better start IF the cars infront couldn't see the leader, but even that's marginal.

What actually happens is the cars behind go around those infront with a slightly worse start because Spurgy/RPH have driven past already and are half way up the field. And even if we're not for some unknown reason, there's 5/6 lanes to go in, not just 2.

However, when people keep accelerating/braking because they can't keep up, then you get all sorts of trouble, mostly from the people at the back thinking the race has started when it's actually just someone mid-field who can't stay at a constant speed without ramming the back end of @Furinkazen. ;)

Nonsense, that's not what happens at all, the only thing that's true is the people behind get a slightly better start IF the cars infront couldn't see the leader, but even that's marginal.

What actually happens is the cars behind go around those infront with a slightly worse start because Spurgy/RPH have driven past already and are half way up the field. And even if we're not for some unknown reason, there's 5/6 lanes to go in, not just 2.

However, when people keep accelerating/braking because they can't keep up, then you get all sorts of trouble, mostly from the people at the back thinking the race has started when it's actually just someone mid-field who can't stay at a constant speed without ramming the back end of @Furinkazen. ;)
I was passed more than once by you or RPH after restarting multiple cars ahead of you/RPH before turn 1 on restarts where there was a log jam...

I'm sure I'm not the only one

It's quite simple:

You are both right, but the skype calling with 3 / 4 going at once and everyone else backing up causes the chaos. So unintentionally you are partially responsible. Of course why half you idiots (sorry you are in this respect) can't actually maintain a gap pacing and bunching is anyones guess. You are under yellow, you roll off gas and are slowed way before pack. Give a car length or two and you;ve got no idiots rear ending you (and i;m not done, no, not even started with that yet).

It's common sense, but apparently beyond people comprehension.

You are both right, but the skype calling with 3 / 4 going at once and everyone else backing up causes the chaos. So unintentionally you are partially responsible. Of course why half you idiots (sorry you are in this respect) can't actually maintain a gap pacing and bunching is anyones guess. You are under yellow, you roll off gas and are slowed way before pack. Give a car length or two and you;ve got no idiots rear ending you (and i;m not done, no, not even started with that yet).

It's common sense, but apparently beyond people comprehension.
This goes without saying had everyone fanned out like Spurgy is suggesting, we would have been 3-4 wide 2 rows deep into T1 pretty much meaning we would be having even more cautions than the already enormous amount we had

Honestly I believe we had too much space where the leader can restart the race. The end of the pit wall to the start line at Indy take forever to get to. The 2 restarts I was leading, I took off at the end of the pit wall and pulled out a gap into T1.

We only really started on lap 25 when Furi decided to overtake me at the restart before the line, we had been fair up until that point. We naturally assumed that it was illegal to overtake before the line because every FRL series maintained that rule. Not to mention Furi is the master of dropping off the pack during pace lap just to get a huge run and overtake everyone in the past.

We only really started on lap 25 when Furi decided to overtake me at the restart before the line, we had been fair up until that point. We naturally assumed that it was illegal to overtake before the line because every FRL series maintained that rule. Not to mention Furi is the master of dropping off the pack during pace lap just to get a huge run and overtake everyone in the past.
I agree. I did it once because I saw you and Spurgy take off, and I went wide to avoid the log jam that happened behind all of us. I think I went from 10th to 6th before turn 1. From racing FRL before, I had always heard of that overtaking rule as well, but Furi said in the lobby that when it's green, it's green so that is bound to happen anyway. I'm not mad about jumping the starts, I'm a little salty about the log jams they caused which I was on the receiving end of damage from multiple times

Indy Stewarding Results:

@RedPartyhat penalised a lap for bump drafting.
@JakobNascar88 penalised 2 laps for multiple instances of contact under caution.
@gokartmanfind a way of fixing / minimizing lag please or you will be parked.

New Indy 500 results:

01 - @Spurgy 777 - 200 Laps
02 - @Niop +0.024
03 - @Furinkazen +0.051
04 - @cnd01 +0.105
05 - @gokartman78 +0.372
06 - @gtpanoz +0.436
07 - @Yeratel84 +16.148
08 - @RedPartyhat +1 Lap
09 - @DrifterJoe +1 Lap
10 - @JakobNascar88 +3 Laps
11 - @CAMikaze +4 Laps
12 - @MatheusBond +4 Laps
13 - @Siggers +26 Laps
14 - @Ninners +114 Laps
15 - @FlyingFox +119 Laps

Also who led laps?

Last edited:
Indy Stewarding Results:

@RedPartyhat penalised a lap for bump drafting.
@JakobNascar88 penalised 2 laps for multiple instances of contact under caution.
@gokartmanfind a way of fixing / minimizing lag please or you will be parked.

New Indy 500 results:

01 - @Spurgy 777 - 200 Laps
02 - @Niop +0.024
03 - @Furinkazen +0.051
04 - @cnd01 +0.105
05 - @gokartman78 +0.372
06 - @gtpanoz +0.436
07 - @Yeratel84 +16.148
08 - @RedPartyhat +1 Lap
09 - @DrifterJoe +1 Lap
10 - @JakobNascar88 +3 Laps
11 - @CAMikaze +4 Laps
12 - @MatheusBond +4 Laps
13 - @Siggers +26 Laps
14 - @Ninners +114 Laps
15 - @FlyingFox +119 Laps

Also who led laps?
I did.

Also who led laps?
Not me. :(

And at one time, I thought I was leading a group of cars when many of them pitted in front of me and I stayed out on track. Then I kept getting nudged from behind for some odd reason. It wasn't until a few moments later I was told that the lead pack was actually about half a lap ahead. And here I was hoping to demonstrate what a proper restart should be like. :guilty:

I led maybe 10-15 laps, I took the lead during the green flag pit stop and drafted with Furi until Spurgy caught up with fresher tires.

Back