FRL ~ WSC XI - FERRARI TRIUMPH IN THE CLOSEST LE MANS FINISH EVER!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 153 comments
That was fantastic racing. Thanks to Yeratel and Audiman for some great wheel to wheel action.

Vive WSC

Results and standings.
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

N24 grid will be based upon the following:
> GT-registered Drivers first in points order.
> P-registered Drivers folowing in their points order.

RACEDAY!

1 slot available. Room be open earlier than normal. Targeting race start from 7:30pm-7:40pm GMT (around time we get P class Q started normally)
unknown.png

@Downhill Dino

@Furi Stop tagging me it makes me feel bad. :lol: If excuses still fly, I legitimately thought it was Saturday and slept in. Hopefully internet (looking into that) will allow me to race next weekend!

After falling down as far as 11th, I’ll take a 3rd I guess. Took about .2 laps too little fuel so I needed to run mix 2 for two laps in the last stint and crossed the line with 1%. :lol:

^Could be worse, I had 0.0 laps remaining when I passed under the bridge at the end of the back straight. :scared:

So decided to focus more on WSC and so here's the first race report in a while.

RACE REPORT & CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS - NURBURGRING!

A 15 car grid - the largest of the season so far - formed at the Nordschleife for the first ever all-GT race in the WSC and featured several new faces - two Jaguar E-Types appeared from JamesWilson & FatWitcher, and @swiftsmith made his first start of the season in his Chevrolet GT points leader @RACECAR would be on pole. Moleman also returned in a private Toyota 2000GT.
20200513200039.jpg

The Mustang was slow away giving @AudiMan2011 the initial jump but RACECAR would quickly strike back. @gokartman78 & the guest-starring NART Dino pair of @raceorama123432 @LancerEvo7 would scythe through the pack on the GP loop.
20200513200057.jpg

The two factory Shelby Mustang's of Furi & @Panoz tripped over one another at the start, leaving both cars well out of contention. The Fatwitcher Jaguar was also damaged heavily and subsequently dropped many minutes.
20200513200048.jpg

Down at Aremberg on the first lap @DK clipped the Corvette of @GTRacer22 sending the latter around into a wild spin and triggering a heated recovery drive.
20200513200107.jpg

The field spreads out into groups around the Nordschleife.
20200513200118.jpg

Karussell and Lancer makes a move for the lead in the Dino, with the sister car leading to a 43 Armada out front.
20200513200136.jpg

Whilst the 365 GTB had the weakest tyres in the field and lost out massively due to this, the straight line speed of the car was evident, here shown by @Yeratel84 fighting Furi.
20200513200149.jpg

Pivotal moment Lap #2 as Lancer has a mechanical failiure and drops out the lead of the race, handing it to the sister car.
20200513203700.jpg

GT points leader RACECAR sporting a special livery has a late scare after putting on incorrect tyres at his pit stop - another stop a lap later fixes it and also means he avoids disqualification!
20200513203650.jpg

Lap #9 and the second debuting Jaguar of JamesWilson spins off for good after spending a lot of time in the pits for repairs.
20200513203718.jpg

The imposing Camaro sports battle scars later on.
20200513203709.jpg

Rob eventually wins the race from Gokartman!
20200513200216.jpg

Next up - the Prototypes rejoin the field for the Spa round of the championship on sunday - 75 points still up for grabs!
unknown.png

unknown.png

Raceday for what is always one of the more dramatic events of the season, Spa GT Q is off from 7:15pm BST.

Quiet race for me, wasn't far off leaders pace wise but eearly damage dropped me a lot of time and also onto a two stopper. Excellent class wins from @LancerEvo7 & @gokartman78 in P and GT, and now we move onto Le Mans week! Entry list will be revealed at 5pm BST.

Took me several laps to find pace, should have practiced more. This meant I had to push hard at the end of my first stint and pit early. Then had to save fuel for the majority of my second stint. Was in fuel map 3/4 for about 12 laps so I could save 4 laps of fuel, which I did. Once I saw Panoz I could turn the wick up and catch him. I guess he was saving fuel too. Jon was long gone.

Back in the GT5 hybridding days, it was possible to change the color on the 330. I asked Furi if I could paint my car Giallo Modena, my favorite Ferrari color. Furi, being the no-fun spoilsport he is, said I would be banned from the series if I showed up in it. Now, if this were ToCA, I would've called his bluff, but I enjoy WSC so I never did. This week, I finally get to run that Giallo Modena 330.

20200518103251.jpg

20200517094743.jpg 20200517094708.jpg

Latest Posts

Back