Funny/Strange News Stories

Whoever denied it, supplied it?
Yeah but he who supplied the rhyme committed the crime.

I can only imagine the chants of "brrrrrrp!" and packs of Pampers thrown at this man the next time he steps up to the oche.

Ah-ha-ha-ha :lol:
What were those critics smoking?..

XtShkZhexgE.jpg

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/childrens-show-is-propaganda-for-putin-say-critics-j9wxcvslm
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6400667/Is-friendly-Russian-Bear-YouTube-Putin-stooge.html

The lecturer, Priit Hobemagi, said that the series was a 'beautifully presented' part of a campaign that is dangerous for Estonian national security.
Anthony Glees, an intelligence expert from The University of Buckingham told The Times: 'Masha is feisty, even rather nasty, but also plucky.
'She punches above her weight. It's not far-fetched to see her as Putinesque.'

So that's the UK, Estonia and Lithuania all smoking the same thing?

Russia's state media have refuted the claims from the likes of Estonia and Lithuania.
They have also branded the concerns in the Baltic states as 'pathological' Russophobia.

Well that's me convinced, thanks for clearing that up Russian state media!

So that's the UK, Estonia and Lithuania all smoking the same thing?

Well that's me convinced, thanks for clearing that up Russian state media!
If a children’s cartoon show threatens your national security, there clearly something wrong with the latter...

True, children have never been the target of propaganda
Propaganda? Ah-ha-ha-ha :lol:

Sure, Masha is Russian but doesn’t kill, poison or hack anyone, which is opposite to what the Western propaganda media tells about the Russians. So, it’s apparently Kremlin propaganda targeting British children. :D Am I right?

Propaganda?
That seems to be what the experts are accusing it of being, in the links you provided. Though I could only read the Daily Mail's article due to The Time's being paywall blocked.
So, it’s apparently Kremlin propaganda targeting British children. :D Am I right?
Again, that seems to be what the experts are suggesting...

Sure, Masha is Russian but doesn’t kill, poison or hack anyone, which is opposite to what the Western propaganda media tells about the Russians.

hmm...

If a children’s cartoon show threatens your national security, there clearly something wrong with the latter...

Your knowledge of history, particularly the Second World War, is always very good. I'm sure you're aware that propaganda has often been created for children as well as for adults. It's not an impossible thing.

That seems to be what the experts are accusing it of being, in the links you provided. Though I could only read the Daily Mail's article due to The Time's being paywall blocked.

Again, that seems to be what the experts are suggesting...

hmm...
So you simply believe these experts without turning your own head on, even if they say such ridiculous things?

Feisty, nasty, plucky, punches above her weight? Clearly Putinesque! :lol:

If Masha and the Bear is Kremlin propaganda, I’m afraid to think what is Tom and Jerry...

Your knowledge of history, particularly the Second World War, is always very good. I'm sure you're aware that propaganda has often been created for children as well as for adults. It's not an impossible thing.
But where’d they see propaganda here? What does this show propagate?

Perhaps it shouldn’t be in this thread, because paranoia (seeing propaganda in literally anything made in Russia) isn’t funny, it’s a mental disorder that should be treated, not laughed at...

So you simply believe these experts without turning your own head on, even if they say such ridiculous things?

So I'd be better off believing in the Russian state, than independent experts?

Edit: You ask me to 'turn my own head', which I'm guessing is a take on 'thinking for yourself' ? If this is the case, you've jumped to believe the Russian State over three (?) other nations worth of experts on this matter.

Last edited:
So I'd be better off believing in the Russian state, than independent experts?

Edit: You ask me to 'turn my own head', which I'm guessing is a take on 'thinking for yourself' ? If this is the case, you've jumped to believe the Russian State over three (?) other nations worth of experts on this matter.
What the hell does the ‘Russian state’ have to do here?
I know it myself that 2 + 2 = 4, without any ‘Russian media’, but some totally unbiased independent experts are telling it’s 5.

Your thinking seems like if the ‘Russian state’ denied that the Earth is flat you would believe it is...

As for the Baltic states... Well, their fears of Russia have become their national sports, so there’s no wonder that cartoons endanger their national security. ;)

What the hell does the ‘Russian state’ have to do here?
I know it myself that 2 + 2 = 4, without any ‘Russian media’, but some totally unbiased independent experts are telling it’s 5.

The Russian State where the only ones quoted as dismissing the comments from these various experts. Comments you echo.

You are not an expert in this field (clearly) and also haven’t undertaken your own research (or if you have not shared it here), so how could you come to any meaningful conclusion?

Did he skid straight out of the test centre into a gravel trap?

What strikes me as particularly odd is the fact that the bereaved parents didn't actually see it, but the person who was 'utterly horrified' by it took a picture of it and then made it public, thereby ensuring that the bereaved parents ended up seeing it after all :ouch:
I guess she really really wanted to make sure they were eligible for the refund. :nervous:

Last edited:
Back