Furious 8 - April 14, 2017Movies 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 187 comments
It's the need to shoehorn cars into everything that kills it. Almost every single villain could be unstoppable by buying a boat.
maxresdefault.jpg

You were saying?

That is too easy. Drop cars out of a plane onto the boat using GPS guided parachutes. Of course...
The boat is the Disco Volante from Thunderball - the front half can detach and convert into a hydrofoil. Time it right and the villain escapes before the GPS-guided parachutes can change course. Then fire a battery of NOS-seeking missiles back at the heroes.

The F&F gang can probably drive their cars into space and pull another heist, this time against Aliens on Jupiter before chasing down a massive Space Cruiser from Uranus where Tyrese will make some more of his "lovely" witty remarks :rolleyes:.

Sorry but I'd still find it more believable than destroying the ground by a stomp, ripping off a casket by flexing and parachuting cars off perfectly without any proper training.

The boat is the Disco Volante from Thunderball - the front half can detach and convert into a hydrofoil. Time it right and the villain escapes before the GPS-guided parachutes can change course. Then fire a battery of NOS-seeking missiles back at the heroes.

"What is that round object folding up from the boot? Are there wings twice the width of the car sliding out from under the door?"

Yeah. Tej done made microlights. convenient.

But what about the missiles? Well, th-ERROR MISSING PLOT CONTINUATION

"What is that round object folding up from the boot? Are there wings twice the width of the car sliding out from under the door?"

Yeah. Tej done made microlights. convenient.
Fire the adhesive chaff - a cloud of superfine adhesive particles that gum up any moving parts they come into contact with.

Fire the adhesive chaff - a cloud of superfine adhesive particles that gum up any moving parts they come into contact with.

I feel we are onto a real winner here, will contact Vin now and tell him we're onboard.

I don't want to ruin Furious 9 for everyone, but just to say -

"Ejecto flying batpods, cuz!"

Cue the chance to make fun of ourselves with a "that **** stuck?" line.

I don't know if I can watch this. After that ending in FF7, I felt like that was the true ending to the FF franchise.

I can see now that Universal is just milking the franchise after Tokyo Drift/FF4.

Also as the series progresses on, the more the car selection of the FF franchise changes. From ricer cars to supercars/modern cars with weapons/raid spec similar to The Crew. And also not to mention more explosions.

I don't know if I can watch this. After that ending in FF7, I felt like that was the true ending to the FF franchise.

I can see now that Universal is just milking the franchise after Tokyo Drift/FF4.

Also as the series progresses on, the more the car selection of the FF franchise changes. From ricer cars to supercars/modern cars with weapons/raid spec similar to The Crew. And also not to mention more explosions.
Yeah, no loose ends. A fitting way to end it imo before it gets more ridiculous.

She has Cipher as a name, and wore a Metallica T. I don't know, i thought she's gonna be this classy villain but i guess she's a bit of street person?

QuickMemo+_2016-05-21-14-21-21.png
Feels kinda weird seeing cars like these and the Impreza in F8 when Paul Walker is not in the movie anymore.

Last edited:
So, I guess we'll see tandem twin drifting. The drivers better not have pale skin and white dreadlocks.

Will Charlize be driving a MkI Mini or a double-decker Cadillac?

i always thought the twin cars are spare stunt cars.
It's not uncommon for film production to use multiple identical cars for filming. Production of Spectre used ten Aston Martin DB10s (and a similar number of Jaguar C-X75s) for the chase through Rome. There's a scene where Bond and Hinx drive down a flight of stairs; the film crew used a pair of cars with bespoke suspension and reinforced undercarriage just for that sequence.

It's not uncommon for film production to use multiple identical cars for filming. Production of Spectre used ten Aston Martin DB10s (and a similar number of Jaguar C-X75s) for the chase through Rome. There's a scene where Bond and Hinx drive down a flight of stairs; the film crew used a pair of cars with bespoke suspension and reinforced undercarriage just for that sequence.
That's what i mean.

Poor BRZ/86, yay for AMG GT, Corvette Stingray C2 and Plymouth Roadrunner.

fastphoto_1463684139163_2387177_ver10.jpg

I can't help but think of Paul whenever i see that BRZ/86. It's blue too, his usual car color.
AMG GT probably Shaw's, the huge truck is Hobbs, and the Stingray probably Roman's or Letty's.

Last edited:
Same, but I have seen it happen a lot on GTPlanet... And I'm no closer to knowing why it only affects certain images.

Back