Gamescom Video and Pictures thread

• Thread starter King1982
  • 169 comments
Nice! I never noticed that before. It's a little strange how parts of the HUD disappear and reappear throughout a race.

I know right? That's a really cool feature to add in the game, giving it that sense of action you're in while racing. I like racing games when they have that. :)đź‘Ť

I am sad I will not be playing this game until my birthday (Feb 6) Most likely. I shall treat myself after I get my car ready to an Xb1 and Forza 5.

Dat hood...

reflectionkvs7l.gif

reflection2gesvu.gif

Those reflections.... :dopey:

Notice how much more suspension feedback you're getting this time. Dan wasn't kidding about the improved suspension geometry! đź‘Ť

I am sad I will not be playing this game until my birthday (Feb 6) Most likely. I shall treat myself after I get my car ready to an Xb1 and Forza 5.

With any luck, you may get to enjoy a slight price drop by then. Me.. I probably won't until after a year or so. Launch console's going to be rather expensive for me.

Well, my girlfriend couldn't get a whole lot yesterday, but there is one video so far, with more to come (of both FM5 and GT6). She isn't driving, as she realized it'd be too hard to do that and film:

At least we find out what heading off-track does... :P

Matte paint, chrome, gloss, and carbon fiber vinyl.

George-Takei-oh-my.jpg

Also, check out the brakes. You can see the vents as well as a difference in the surface with the fronts and backs.

Why exactly did i preorder the ps4 instead of the xb1? This decision is such a tough one. :banghead:

I cancelled my ps4 order yesterday and got the ONE instead.
Problem with waiting when it comes to FORZA games is that if you're not there from day 1, you miss out on a lot. Be it community events, bonuses, things like that.

Forza 5 hands on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL67azKC5v0&feature=player_detailpage

not sure who this guy is but an interesting video

Im sure everyone will have that same feeling he is talking about once they grab that controller. Ugh i really am psyched to see a next gen Forza in action, but I just can't see myself shelling out that kind of cash all at once, not to mention if I had to shell out even more for a new wheel. I'm hoping a friend of mine will splurge on an XBOne, I'll buy the game for him if he wants lol.

Day One Ford Focus

l7SGMhp.jpg

All the incredible livery editors in the community and that's the design they came up with for the "Day 1" focus. That cant be anymore than 1-2 minutes worth of work for that design. :dunce:
Also that must be a garage pic. There is NO way that's an autovista pic. I am still quite convinced autovista will be stock cars only.

All the incredible livery editors in the community and that's the design they came up with for the "Day 1" focus. That cant be anymore than 1-2 minutes worth of work for that design. :dunce:
Also that must be a garage pic. There is NO way that's an autovista pic. I am still quite convinced autovista will be stock cars only.

Forzavista, not Autovista. And that is Forzavista since it is no longer a separate section like it is in FM4.

Forzavista, not Autovista. And that is Forzavista since it is no longer a separate section like it is in FM4.
Then that pic seriously looks terrible. Looks way worse than the Forza 4 autovista/garage. :crazy:
I knew there would be some sort of catch to every car being in "autovista".

how exactly does it look terrible?
Seriously? To start with the wheels, brake disks, and tires don't look right at all. Almost cell shaded looking. The rest of the car seems to have a cartoonish look to it. It just does not look right at all especially compared to F4 autovista pics. This pic of the focus is just terrible. The other F5 pics look amazing but this one is very bad. I have seen garage pics in F4 that look better than this. The autovista pics in F4 are beyond incredible.

As I said, there is some sort of "catch" to having all cars in autovista. This is the first sign of that "catch".

Seriously? To start with the wheels, brake disks, and tires don't look right at all. Almost cell shaded looking. The rest of the car seems to have a cartoonish look to it. It just does not look right at all especially compared to F4 autovista pics. This pic of the focus is just terrible. The other F5 pics look amazing but this one is very bad. I have seen garage pics in F4 that look better than this. The autovista pics in F4 are beyond incredible.

As I said, there is some sort of "catch" to having all cars in autovista. This is the first sign of that "catch".

Yes, Seriously. As I was just wondering why you think the photo is horrible. Considering that profile shots are never appealing in almost any case, I would say that the angle and the direction of the lighting is not helping in this case at all. Either way, Thanks for answering the question.

^ No problem. The wheels are the main problem that made the focus look terrible. They just look so bad. The angle of the pic maybe is not be helping much either. Dan said they were maxing out the power of the X1 yet they have no weather or day night cycle. We should not be seeing crappy Focus pics like this from F5 at all. It will be nice to have chrome liveries and true color liveries for sure.

Its always been a pain in the Forza series to get true color on the liveries. Usually they have a very limited amount of colors. Where the car colors were anything you could imagine like pearl, metallic, and much more. Looks like they have improved that for F5.

Errr... fellas?

Let's not get too judgmental until the final product arrives, with a review or two.
This is the 5th Forza game and the 5th time we have been through this process. What you see right now is EXACTLY what you will see in the full game. Especially since the release is just only a couple months away.
Plus this is the exact same process with any other game. What you see a couple months prior to release, is what you see in the full game.

I am still thinking somehow there will be a transition between "Autovista" and garage. There must be some sort of transition for this process. That's the only way to explain how we are seeing some incredible pics from F5 and then some pics that are not very good from F5 like the Focus above.

Similar to what we see in the previous forza games when we pause the game for a screenshot. Or when in F4 autovista. It loads better graphics for the screenshots. I am guessing there is a similar process for the "autovista" pics in F5.

CamaroBoy, I honestly don't have very high hopes for this game. Why?

Well, let's see.... despite what they say that the game has been in development for so and so years, in reality, it has been in development for a mere 2 years. In order to understand the new hardware, and optimize the Forza engine for it, I say it needs well over 3 years or more development time. Testing and bench-marking is very time consuming and requires additional resources. Unfortunately, devs are in it mostly for the money, and end up churning out a brilliant product in the process. In T10's case it was both. But then again, Microsoft has it's own set of demands, which require a product every 2 years.

I may take my chances with FM5. I rather they get some aspects almost close to perfection, before moving on to other juicy stuff, like weather, night driving, and perhaps, rally driving.

In business for the money, novel idea. how many people are in business to give **** away? Red cross, Purple Heart, FEMA.

In order to understand the new hardware, and optimize the Forza engine for it, I say it needs well over 3 years or more development time

wut?
Without knowing how many people have been working on the project, how did you come to that conclusion?

CamaroBoy, I honestly don't have very high hopes for this game. Why?

Well, let's see.... despite what they say that the game has been in development for so and so years, in reality, it has been in development for a mere 2 years. In order to understand the new hardware, and optimize the Forza engine for it, I say it needs well over 3 years or more development time. Testing and bench-marking is very time consuming and requires additional resources. Unfortunately, devs are in it mostly for the money, and end up churning out a brilliant product in the process. In T10's case it was both. But then again, Microsoft has it's own set of demands, which require a product every 2 years.

I may take my chances with FM5. I rather they get some aspects almost close to perfection, before moving on to other juicy stuff, like weather, night driving, and perhaps, rally driving.
I don't have high hopes either. This was the only game that would have convinced me to get the X1 at launch. I started seeing screenshots and got so excited. THEN the bombshell. No weather no night day. Instantly that was the deciding factor that it would be the first Forza game I don't support at launch. In fact Forza 4 was my last purchase. I didn't even purchase horizon because it didn't have weather. At least that had day night cycle. I will echo myself, there is NO excuse for Forza 5 not to have weather and day night. No excuse.

I have been trying to be optimistic about F5 but the more I see, the worse it is getting. Next year 2014 I might consider getting the X1 but at this point I just have no interest in F5. Such a shame since I have been a Forza fan since the 1st demo was released on the original xbox. I guess we will see what happens.

There are plenty of reasons where there is neither a day/night cycle nor weather. Your opinion doesn't change any of that.

Back