Gamescom Video and Pictures thread

• Thread starter King1982
  • 169 comments
Fixed that for you mate. Damn first off now i'm even more hype! :drool:
So those controllers are going to go hand in hand with this game. No need for a wheel imo when you get the feedback you get from the 360 controllers even. Sometthing Gt never good get quite right or as immersive as Forza has been since Fm2.

So in short the game is superimmersive and the simulation, framerate and graphics are unmatched. Love the dig at GT at the end though. :lol:

I'm officially hyped.

Seriously? To start with the wheels, brake disks, and tires don't look right at all. Almost cell shaded looking. The rest of the car seems to have a cartoonish look to it. It just does not look right at all especially compared to F4 autovista pics. This pic of the focus is just terrible. The other F5 pics look amazing but this one is very bad. I have seen garage pics in F4 that look better than this. The autovista pics in F4 are beyond incredible.

As I said, there is some sort of "catch" to having all cars in autovista. This is the first sign of that "catch".

Sounds more like you're trolling mate. Would you please be welcome to elleborate with us wtf is wrong with it? because it sounds like you're really making stuff up to suit some agenda. This trend seems ever more present on most Fm5 videos on Youtube in the comment section. Sounding like buthurt Gran Turismo fanboys mad they're getting left behind and missing the real action.

So in order for YOU to enlighten us with your findings tell me whats wrong.

l7SGMhp.jpg

2013-Ford-Focus-ST-side-profile-view.jpg

Focus-ST-side.jpg

I cancelled my ps4 order yesterday and got the ONE instead.
Problem with waiting when it comes to FORZA games is that if you're not there from day 1, you miss out on a lot. Be it community events, bonuses, things like that.

Good looking out mate.

Last edited:
Sounds more like you're trolling mate. Would you please be welcome to elleborate with us wtf is wrong with it? because it sounds like you're really making stuff up to suit some agenda.

So in order for YOU to enlighten us with your findings tell me whats wrong.
I already explained to you what was wrong with the focus pic. In fact you actually highlighted my description of what was wrong in your previous reply. :lol:

As for calling me a troll. That's just a weak attempt at an insult that isn't even worth a response. If you are happy with the results of that Focus then I am happy for you.

None of what you complained about is really wrong, it's just the picture settings most likely.

What game has perfect renditions of what you pointed out btw

Sounding like buthurt Gran Turismo fanboys mad they're getting left behind and missing the real action.

You were warned just yesterday to knock it off, so consider this a final one; if you want to resort to name-calling and continuing your abusive attitude towards anybody who doesn't share your opinion, you'll be finding your membership here cut short.

I already explained to you what was wrong with the focus pic. In fact you actually highlighted my description of what was wrong in your previous reply. :lol:

I can sort of see where you're coming from on the rims, but the rest of the car looks great. The side seemed odd until I realized that everything between the "Xbox One" and "Microsoft Studios" logo was actually matte black.

I can sort of see where you're coming from on the rims, but the rest of the car looks great. The side seemed odd until I realized that everything between the "Xbox One" and "Microsoft Studios" logo was actually matte black.

Per Dan (read take this with a grain of salt), they didn't want matte paints in any previous motorsports game because of how phony it made the car look.

This is going to be a very good game, but it will share something with every other game out there, it will not be perfect. I have it on preorder, have not put my order in for GT6 yet, probably will just to get the extra stuff. I like being able to paint every car, GT6 may not allow that again. The take away in all this is that it is great to have choices.

Per Dan (read take this with a grain of salt), they didn't want matte paints in any previous motorsports game because of how phony it made the car look.

To be fair, it probably made the cars look phony because of T10's inability to create a realistic lighting solution for their games. That's why the GranTurismo S, the M5 and Aventador looked so gross with the option. The HDR either made the facets of the car completely disappear in low-light (à la TGTT Overcast) or totally blew it out on the radioactively sunny (read: all of the other) tracks.

Horizon was the first to include the option on all cars (although it's debatable whether it was executed well due to the still-rampant color-banding) because it uses a different lighting engine to FM4.

As an aside, I don't think we'll ever get white wheels or the ability to truly impart color to a wheel without the original color bleeding through.

CAMAROBOY69 is not a fanboy or troll.

@CAMAROBOY69, what happend to your month long departure?
Thank you. That's correct I am not a fanboy or troll for any game or system.

What do you mean month long departure? The only thread I decided to avoid was the GTA5 thread because as we all know, spoilers are ALWAYS released for big games about a month before they come out. So I am sure some GTA5 spoilers have been leaked by now. So once they released the mp video, I left that thread. I will return to that thread once the game is released and I have played through the campaign.

Or are you talking about the week I was gone for Vegas? Which I cant discuss because what happens in Vegas stays in vegas. :lol:

So I lurked around a bit at the back and forth debate on the Focus, and will say that I agree with CAMAROBOY69 that the wheels are strangely modeled. While the Focus does have unique rims to start with, the Forza 5 wheels appear to be comprised of a much heavier material than it does in real life.

Also, on the Aston Martin in the previous page (can't upload images on work computer), the right rear wheel is partially see through, and I found this quite strange as well.

wut?
Without knowing how many people have been working on the project, how did you come to that conclusion?

Mate, irrespective of how many people are on board every Forza project, or how long they've been at it generating and brainstorming ideas and such... the actual development and implementation takes two years. The point I had focused on mainly, is the time they get to *complete and finalize* their product which is *every two years* according to the deadlines given by Microsoft. Had they been given more time AFTER gathering all the necessary bits and essentials, they can definitely have a product that's really polished, and doesn't feel unfinished at times. The two year mark BTW, you can get a fix on this at the official forums too. Furthermore, if you're really curious, you can also email the T10 guys directly.

I don't have high hopes either. This was the only game that would have convinced me to get the X1 at launch. I started seeing screenshots and got so excited. THEN the bombshell. No weather no night day. Instantly that was the deciding factor that it would be the first Forza game I don't support at launch. In fact Forza 4 was my last purchase. I didn't even purchase horizon because it didn't have weather. At least that had day night cycle. I will echo myself, there is NO excuse for Forza 5 not to have weather and day night. No excuse.

I have been trying to be optimistic about F5 but the more I see, the worse it is getting. Next year 2014 I might consider getting the X1 but at this point I just have no interest in F5. Such a shame since I have been a Forza fan since the 1st demo was released on the original xbox. I guess we will see what happens.

Hey, I can understand why the decision to sack weather comes from. It would mean doing heavy testing and remodeling the suspension and mainly tyre physics. Maybe in the 6th or 7th one, they'll do it all in one go: weather effects, wet tracks, snow, dirt etc. Now the night racing aspect, there are games out there that have been doing a brilliant job since the GOOD OL' PS2 and Xbox days. T10 should really consider optimizing their code or hiring new engineers to get the game running smoothly while night driving. Either that, or they could always *ahem, outsource* that function!

As for calling me a troll. That's just a weak attempt at an insult that isn't even worth a response. If you are happy with the results of that Focus then I am happy for you.

Well, I took a closer look at the F5 and real life pic. There are a few aspects that seem to be off. I think the way T10 models cars in 3D and particularly the lighting engine is what needs a boost. However, I think it's progressing along nicely. Nothing game breaking at all.

To be fair, it probably made the cars look phony because of T10's inability to create a realistic lighting solution for their games. That's why the GranTurismo S, the M5 and Aventador looked so gross with the option. The HDR either made the facets of the car completely disappear in low-light (à la TGTT Overcast) or totally blew it out on the radioactively sunny (read: all of the other) tracks.

Horizon was the first to include the option on all cars (although it's debatable whether it was executed well due to the still-rampant color-banding) because it uses a different lighting engine to FM4.

As an aside, I don't think we'll ever get white wheels or the ability to truly impart color to a wheel without the original color bleeding through.

That's just it. It's the lighting model that either needs a dramatic improvement, or needs a complete overhaul. I can understand the decision T10 has made to make the cars look fantasy-like and CGI. But in terms of photo-realism GT has had a clear edge. I remember back to the days of GT3 and 4, the photo-realism and lighting/reflections were second to none. Only overshadowed by mediocre track detail, the cars themselves looked very tasteful and true to life. Forza on the other hand, has always looked CGI. And while they are adding car detail and polygon count at a healthy pace, the lighting really does need to confirm more to life like aspects.

So I lurked around a bit at the back and forth debate on the Focus, and will say that I agree with CAMAROBOY69 that the wheels are strangely modeled. While the Focus does have unique rims to start with, the Forza 5 wheels appear to be comprised of a much heavier material than it does in real life.

Also, on the Aston Martin in the previous page (can't upload images on work computer), the right rear wheel is partially see through, and I found this quite strange as well.

Haven't taken a close look at the AM, but yeah, the Focus' rims do look a wee bit off. I noticed the real life ones look much fuller, the depth can be seen in the pic. In the FM5 pics, the rims don't look as 3D or full as the real one. Also the lug nuts and disc brakes are a bit off for sure.

Last edited:

only thing i see wrong is that the Focus wheels have a more aggressive look than the real things.

on the Aston, the only thing that looks "see through" is between the spokes where it should be. not seeing a flaw. Both things i don't think i'd lose sleep over.

Thank you. That's correct I am not a fanboy or troll for any game or system.

What do you mean month long departure? The only thread I decided to avoid was the GTA5 thread because as we all know, spoilers are ALWAYS released for big games about a month before they come out. So I am sure some GTA5 spoilers have been leaked by now. So once they released the mp video, I left that thread. I will return to that thread once the game is released and I have played through the campaign.

Or are you talking about the week I was gone for Vegas? Which I cant discuss because what happens in Vegas stays in vegas. :lol:

:lol: Thats true about Vegas.

I thought you said in a Forza thread that you're out for a month, probably was the GTA thread then.

So wich one will you guys give a spin first when you get FM5?

James Hunt Mclaren M23
press_f1_1976_james_hunt_mclaren_m23_fordmotorcompany_3.jpg

Niki Lauda's Ferrari 312-2
LaudaNiki19760731Ferrari312T2.jpg

Back