Gran Turismo 2 on PSP?

• Thread starter Patrik
  • 76 comments
GT1 and 2 are awesome on the psp, I use CFW 5.00 M33-6, Ripped from my own library, It was tricky using my existing save from 2004 with my Hybrids though, It's working now!

^^ I have 5.00 m33-4 still, and run both (converted from my own collection, also) which are very good for when you want an in-depth game but not as challenging as some - they are great for when you are out and about too.
I love the ability to play such games on the PSP, and even though I can convert the games myself, I would still pay for the official PSN releases of such titles (like Driver, which I purchased) and I'd happily pay £10 to around £15 for GT2 alone (Only if it is a 'Multi-disc' file - I have this for GT2, I used a program to make both discs into a single 'eboot.php' which is a lot more conveniant).

GT1 and 2 are awesome on the psp, I use CFW 5.00 M33-6, Ripped from my own library, It was tricky using my existing save from 2004 with my Hybrids though, It's working now!

How did you get it to work on that firmware
ive tried and failed at ripping the CD with various programs like Poweriso but i cant get the agme to boot on my PSP

How did you get it to work on that firmware
ive tried and failed at ripping the CD with various programs like Poweriso but i cant get the agme to boot on my PSP

Use Alcohol120% to rip the game as a PlayStation format ISO, then convert the file to an 'EBOOT.PHP'.

HOW TO GET BOTH DISCS AMERICAN VERSION TO WORK!

This is not a question, but a guide.

• First you need Custom Firmware, read guides and try it yourself or just look for a store that chips xboxes and stuff to help you.
  • Then you need Popsloader. Which is VERY EASY to install. This version is for 5.00 M33-6 (Go to System Settings / System Information to check what version you have). Then install the files from this EXE file to any folder and copy the "seplugins" folder to your PSP ROOT and overwrite all.
  • Then activate your Popsloader by turning the PSP completely off (hold the powerbutton a few seconds) and start it again with R button held down. You will come to R33 Recovert Menu. Select Plugins and click popsloader.prx until it says Enabled.
  • To Use the popsloader hold R while starting the game and you will get a list of different versions. Select 3.71 for Gran Turismo 2.
    I'd also like to add that you don't need to hold R every time you start the game. Once you've chosen which POPSloader to run the game with, it will remember that for good.
  • Switch beteween the disks by pressing Home and then Reset (you will be prompted to choose disc).

If you don't have a good eboot for both discs I can recommend the one released by CHESKA

Last edited:
I've found the 3.71 POPSloader to be more stable than any other.

I'd also like to add that you don't need to hold R every time you start the game. Once you've chosen which POPSloader to run the game with, it will remember that for good.

I've found the 3.71 POPSloader to be more stable than any other.

Have you had any problems with 4.01? I read on the compability list. It said
Tested on 3.71 M33-2

On 3.90 M33, it seems to work until you begin to race (Excluding license drives) where it freezes.

Tested on 4.01 M33-2 work flawlessly now :-D

PS. I quoted you in my previous post... :)

I didn't mean firmware, I meant POPSloader driver. Hell, I use the 3.71 POPSloader driver with 5.50GEN-a. 3.71 is generally the most highly recommended as it seems to be compatible with nearly every game.

But that doesn't mean you're incorrect of course! 4.01 is likely 100% compatible as well. I had problems with freezing after race exits with 3.52.

Something to know is that if you use 3.72 and before you can have full size icons for your PSX games (unless they managed to fix that problem), whereas ones post-3.72 need 80x80 icons.

I didn't mean firmware, I meant POPSloader driver. Hell, I use the 3.71 POPSloader driver with 5.50GEN-a. 3.71 is generally the most highly recommended as it seems to be compatible with nearly every game.

But that doesn't mean you're incorrect of course! 4.01 is likely 100% compatible as well. I had problems with freezing after race exits with 3.52.

I played for about an hour on 4.01 and it froze. So 3.71 is the way to go! Yeah but the popsloader is a "dump" of the PSX-settings for that version. So it's basically the same.

Got it working pretty much without problems. It freezes once every while but its not really an issue
I am using 5.00 M33-6, I then put the POPS for 4.01 on it and it is working
Are we allowed to post links to websites that helped me on here to help other people (I doubt it myself)?
I'm loving playing GT2 and other games like Colin McRally 1. Its fantastic and brings back a lot of memories
👍

i use the built in driver for pops for gt2 and it works perfect. i built my own eboot using my sim disc of gt2 ntsc us, and files from popsdb. then i used a program called icetea to make the eboot. ive even used dex drive saves from the internet using cwcheat to get hybridcars,hidden cars etc. btw im using 5.50 gen b firmware currently

Hi wert
do you think 5.50 Gen B would be better than 5.00 M33-6?
Would it be worth upgrading? I could still play the ISOs of my own games yeah?
thanks
Allyn

Back