• Gran Turismo 5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gran Turismo 6

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Forza Motorsport 6

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What is the fastest kei in the game? I think that I will go with Mugen Beat or with Suzuki Cappuccino.
That title goes to Cappuccino. Beat is disappointingly slow because top power is barely reaching 130 HP.

Anyway, this is going to be a tough decision. I'll inspect several vehicles and proclaim my choice soon. I'm looking forward to this round!

That title goes to Cappuccino. Beat is disappointingly slow because top power is barely reaching 130 HP.

Anyway, this is going to be a tough decision. I'll inspect several vehicles and proclaim my choice soon. I'm looking forward to this round!
Well, if Beat is slow, then I will use the Cappuccino then. If the Rover Mini Cooper and Lotus Elan were allowed, then I would use the Lotus Elise! :D

Very interesting selection. I have almost zero experience with kei cars and i've done the least laps of all GT2 circuits on Motorsports Land :)

Very interesting selection. I have almost zero experience with kei cars and i've done the least laps of all GT2 circuits on Motorsports Land :)
I don't think I've driven a single lap of Motorsports Land (unless it was used in a licence test).

Do we use racing modifications? I used to race cappuccino rm league in gt5. What a blast.
E: oh it's in the starting post. Cappuccino rm here i come

20160221_215637.jpg

This is my laptime and top speed of Mazdaspees AZ-1 A-spec. Will try with the suzuki later once i see it on the used car dealership.

It seems that the Cappuccino is not the fastest machine. I took it out for a spin yesterday and was surprised with amount of understeer it had, for some reason it had much wider turning angle than Vivio or Move. I tested all three cars under same circumstances, can't explain why is that.

Anyway, I'm going with Daihatsu Move Custom.

its tough keeping the car inbetween the white stripes, but i got it.
Car will remain a mystery for now :D
32.884 Daihatsu Move SR-XX '97 gtp secret.png

Last edited:
It seems that the Cappuccino is not the fastest machine. I took it out for a spin yesterday and was surprised with amount of understeer it had, for some reason it had much wider turning angle than Vivio or Move. I tested all three cars under same circumstances, can't explain why is that.

Anyway, I'm going with Daihatsu Move Custom.
Wild guess that Alto Works is one of the fastest, if not the fastest.

Gonna give it a go.
*cough cough*

Try it :D

Time uploaded. No grass touches, no collisions. Some compact kei bodies had better power/torque distribution when tuned hard, but I couldn't resist taking the Move Custom. :D

Now I hope its aerodynamic parts and heavier body were helpful on those sharp corners.

*cough cough*

Try it :D
It could be the fastest, although let's not forget the 1990 Coure/Mira. From my experience with kei cars in GT games, Mira always had slight edge over Alto, mostly in engine department.

But I suppose nothing is certain anymore as I found the unbeatable Cappuccino to be disappointing.

Last edited:
Do the Sirion/Storia X4 and Rally Car count as Kei cars , btw?
No, only Japanese cars that match this regulations:

Length: Max 3.4 m
Weight: Max 1.48 m
Height: Max 2 m
Displacement: Max 660 ccm
Power: Max 47 kW / 63 HP

Last edited:
Do the Sirion/Storia X4 and Rally Car count as Kei cars , btw?
No, only Japanese cars that match the specifications @Matej posted (at stock)

Edit: I'm pretty sure the X4 Sirion has 118HP at stock, so it's not eligible, but I'm not sure about the CX models.

No, only Japanese cars that match this regulations:

Subaru 360 fits those regs , right?

Negative, the Angel T01 is not a Kei car. I posted the Kei regulations above. I'm not counting the fact that they have been quoted twice since then. :)
Well, I think that a Kei Car should follow the following criteria:

The Fiat Cinquecento and 500R may not be japanese, but they follow the regulations.

I wasn't sure how strict exactly the cutting rules were, I had a close moment but kept at least 2 wheels on the kerb. That makes me think though (though I'm not saying there are any dirty racers), but just sending a screencap only shows the time but not how it was achieved...I really tried to go for a lap without going on the grass too much. I achieved 32.5 as well but that was with unintentional cutting. Could be a lot faster.

Anyway, let me know if I need to make a new lap.

The Fiat Cinquecento and 500R may not be japanese, but they follow the regulations.
The 500 Sporting features 1.1 liter engine, it is way to big to match Kei regulations. It wouldn't be able to keep up with compact Kei cars anyway, so we're not missing anything.

The classic 500 R may squeeze in, but as an Italian car it simply can't be classified as a Kei car.

Back