Gran Turismo 4 / PSP Courses found in Gran Turismo 5

• Thread starter elston87
  • 315 comments
Cool, but this just makes me want to pop in GT1 and 2 to completely replay those games, rather than messing around in GT5. PS1 games play and save on PS3, after all.

haven't been on here in years just to comment and say, well done guys for the discovery!!! :gtpflag: Although I really stopped playing GT due to many reasons (have yet to buy a PS4 still) but nonetheless nice to see discoveries likw this. I can only imagine if GT ended up becoming a community project and will one day allow anyone to develop our own mods and tracks or even finish up whatever mods/tracks they haven't... :lol: (but let's be honest, Sony will never let that happen)

so i wanted to clarify some things... (just reset my old password i hadn't used in years...)
hello from the GT Discords... (Plural) there is a link to a guide posted in the comments to some of the lap videos uploaded days ago...
allot of us are using RPCS3 + Cheat Engine, since it's just easier... but the method does work on real HW... shared the address with them to help etc...
i got the impression that's the most i can say here... despite KLITLIKA (aka Me) being the first to Post Pikes Peak Screenshots on the discord etc... it is thanks to Jonny (The Italian) that his GT PSP Track Swap Method got tried out on GT5 for a laugh... my face though when i actually got something :P
anyway for now most of us are toying around on v1.13 since beyond that not many of the tracks actually load + also the mem addresses changed etc...

the big thing that isn't being mentioned much here... RAIN + SNOW anywhere... that's right you want SNOW in TAHITI MAZE... no problem...
it's pretty fun to take Suzuka's Rain, Chamonix Mini's SNOW or Toscana's Lighting etc...
(we tried making it Night elsewhere then normal and no luck so far... only Headlights turn on :P)

also we've been doing this in ARCADE MODE - Single Race / Time Trial / Drift (sector & Full Circuit) + even 2P works well...
the lowest FPS is when you start a race though with 16 cars... / First corner... Rain/Snow aren't too bad for FPS imo...

(Footage taken with i5 9400F System running 3.9Ghz all cores...)

few examples there... considering many of us are using RPCS3 it was also nice to figure out that using a rally track as a "donor" can limit CAR # in Races to 4 ... anywhere... thus for eg... if 16 cars racing = too much for your CPU... try 4... can't use Karts if you have a rally track as donor... but the other way around is nice, thus any car on any track is now easy too...

small example of TAHITI MAZE + KART + DRIFT MODE (sector based, but full course mode works too)

Jonny said the Sectors match the PSP version it's likely based on/ported from.... also there are "Shadow People" in Tahiti...
2019-07-18-02-32-47-FPS-59-96-Vulkan-0-0-6-8367-Gran-Turismo-5-BCES00569.jpg

tpc9v3L

I don't have a PS4 yet. GT Sport would have been the seller for me, but from what I've read it's not what I'm after in a GT game. I'm just not into gaming like I once was, so I'm certainly not interested in getting into online gaming. Waiting for GT7 and hoping for a solid offline experience.
as someone who's looked at the PS4 Files a little... it IS GT7 :P at least to them...
personally i think after 40 updates... it's a bitchy move not to add another Rally Track still...

Great find guys, & very interesting stuff.

👍

Amazingly amazing:eek:
My question is, how is it possible to look into game files since the game is in a console and not in a pc?
And... Would it be possible to find out crazy stuff for GTS?

Amazingly amazing:eek:
My question is, how is it possible to look into game files since the game is in a console and not in a pc?
And... Would it be possible to find out crazy stuff for GTS?

It's not an hard thing to do. In case of GT5 we had the chance to extract the game VOL file, so we could check every file inside it. To make something appear in game, we need instead to find the correct address. Other games such as Gran Turismo PSP are impossible to extract, still I managed to find many many MANY scrapped content such as GT5P Daytona, Eiger and London logos, unused pictures for missing tracks like Las Vegas etc. Just dig into game code, that's it. It's not easy, but not hard.

upload_2019-7-18_13-12-27.png

We managed to load all those content in GT5 thanks to my GTPSP digging, because both games are identical.

P.S. That's my PSP 2004 :3 and that one is Daytona Logo :P

Amazing work once again by GTP Skunkworks :drool: You guys never cease to amaze me with what you can find buried in GT discs 👍 I have a theory that all GT assets sit in one HDD in PD headquarters, and every few years when it's time to release a new game they just copy paste everything to the disc. That's why we keep finding all these "remnant" tracks, codes and logos in every iteration of the game :lol: Can't wait until GT6 and GT Sport are cracked to see what else is hidden.

Funnily enough, some people complain that some tracks in GT5 are not up to standard (Cote d Azur, Trial Mt, etc), but then they see this thread and they want all these legacy tracks anyway, no matter if they are PSP quality :lol: Personally I don't care about graphics so I'll welcome any track, even those with PS1 graphics :P

Speaking of PS1, any sign of the following?
- SSR11 (GT1/3)
- Grindelwald
- Red Rock Valley
- Rome (GT2/3 layout)
- Rome Night
- Motorsports Land (GT2)
- Tahiti Road
- Tahiti Dirt Route 3
- Green Forest Roadway
- Smokey Mt South

And the following from GT4:
- Fuji 80s/90s
- Las Vegas Drag Strip

I think that covers all the mainline tracks in the series (not including weirdos like the license test pieces or hidden tracks). I remember there was a HUGE thread, maybe in the GT5 forums, detailing every single piece of road that has ever been in the series (including all the wierdos/hidden stuff), but search is failing me atm. If someone remembers and/or can dig out that thread it would be amazing :D

EDIT: FOUND IT !!!!!

Newcomers to the series, educate yourself with this behemoth of a thread: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt5s-missing-tracks-circuits-moving-on-to-gt6.201774/

Thanks to @The Vanishing Boy

Last edited:
Amazing work once again by GTP Skunkworks :drool: You guys never cease to amaze me with what you can find buried in GT discs 👍 I have a theory that all GT assets sit in one HDD in PD headquarters, and every few years when it's time to release a new game they just copy paste everything to the disc. That's why we keep finding all these "remnant" tracks, codes and logos in every iteration of the game :lol: Can't wait until GT6 and GT Sport are cracked to see what else is hidden.

Funnily enough, some people complain that some tracks in GT5 are not up to standard (Cote d Azur, Trial Mt, etc), but then they see this thread and they want all these legacy tracks anyway, no matter if they are PSP quality :lol: Personally I don't care about graphics so I'll welcome any track, even those with PS1 graphics :P

Speaking of PS1, any sign of the following?
- SSR11 (GT1/3) - SSR11 is in game files but it's only few KB, basically there's no model or collision at all.
- Grindelwald
- Red Rock Valley
- Rome (GT2/3 layout) - Rome is in the game files, it has textures and models but the track wont load.
- Rome Night
- Motorsports Land (GT2)
- Tahiti Road
- Tahiti Dirt Route 3 - Track was goin to be in the game , however due to a misunderstanding, they put circle60_ps2 instead.
- Green Forest Roadway
- Smokey Mt South - Smokey Mt South become Swiss Alps, filename is smtsouth_ps2-

And the following from GT4:
- Fuji 80s/90s - Fuji 90 is in GT5, it works only in 2player tho.
- Las Vegas Drag Strip

I think that covers all the mainline tracks in the series (not including weirdos like the license test pieces or hidden tracks). I remember there was a HUGE thread, maybe in the GT5 forums, detailing every single piece of road that has ever been in the series (including all the wierdos/hidden stuff), but search is failing me atm. If someone remembers and/or can dig out that thread it would be amazing :D

Put Answers in the quote ;)
Speaking about circle60 misunderstading, here my explanation from few pages back.

Circle60 is the name of a GT3 license track ( its actual name in GT3 is L_circle60_dry1 ) : it's a circular shaped circuit.
In Gran Turismo PSP, alongside other unused tracks, there's circle60_ps2: this time however the track is Tahiti Dirt Route 3 and not the circular track.

upload_2019-7-15_10-12-38-png.835961

As you can see, its name in GT PSP's memory's cXXX area is "(Temp)circle60_ps2" , meaning that the name was going to change at some point.
When they worked on GT5 and bring all this content from past GT's, they surely readed the filename and just pick that circuit from GT3. That's why we got this in GT5. Simply a misunderstanding.

Absolutely great thread! Well done.
Shame i got rid of all my PS3 stuff.
Would love to have had a go on some of these tracks. Grand Canyon looks awesome. I only started Gran Turismo on the PS3, so many of them I've never experienced.
If only they could develop some of them for GT Sport (or whatever comes next on the PS5)

Maybe a whole new thread on what you've come across in GTS/7?
oh, well i have an older ps4 on 5.05 that has v1.13 of GT Sport with a save... if saves become (or are and i missed the news) decrypt-able... then enabling the Debug Menu seems like the thing to do... it did seem to be v1.10 users that accidentally got that... but mainly i meant i've seen GT7 as the name used internally...
update... to be 100% precise... "GT7SP"
found for eg folder names inside the .VOL files for GT SPORT... you know the huge encrypted archives... with all the good stuff inside...

Polyphony probably keeps the code from the old games if GT7 is a "back to the roots" game i could definetly see some of these tracks coming back.

GT4 rally tracks are so much better than all the ones in the other games,they dont suffer from gt5/gt sport obsession with wide rally tracks.
Citta Di Aria and Fuji is tight as hell.

so we have to wait for someone to do a YouTube tutorial or look for a discord server? because I see that no one will write here how to do it and, is possible to do this on the original ps3? (Sorry for my bad English)

What settings can I use for rpcs3 to get gran turismo running smoothly? I have my backup from my original copy coincidentally waiting for something like this to come out.

It’s full speed then it stops intermittently

I have an r5 2600 16gb of ballistix ram and an RX 590 8gb gpu. I did change the gpu to Vulcan which runs way better than open gl

Back