Gran Turismo 4 / PSP Courses found in Gran Turismo 5

• Thread starter elston87
  • 315 comments
Love

Amazing work once again by GTP Skunkworks :drool: You guys never cease to amaze me with what you can find buried in GT discs 👍 I have a theory that all GT assets sit in one HDD in PD headquarters, and every few years when it's time to release a new game they just copy paste everything to the disc. That's why we keep finding all these "remnant" tracks, codes and logos in every iteration of the game :lol: Can't wait until GT6 and GT Sport are cracked to see what else is hidden.

Funnily enough, some people complain that some tracks in GT5 are not up to standard (Cote d Azur, Trial Mt, etc), but then they see this thread and they want all these legacy tracks anyway, no matter if they are PSP quality :lol: Personally I don't care about graphics so I'll welcome any track, even those with PS1 graphics :P

Speaking of PS1, any sign of the following?
- SSR11 (GT1/3)
- Grindelwald
- Red Rock Valley
- Rome (GT2/3 layout)
- Rome Night
- Motorsports Land (GT2)
- Tahiti Road
- Tahiti Dirt Route 3
- Green Forest Roadway
- Smokey Mt South

And the following from GT4:
- Fuji 80s/90s
- Las Vegas Drag Strip

I think that covers all the mainline tracks in the series (not including weirdos like the license test pieces or hidden tracks). I remember there was a HUGE thread, maybe in the GT5 forums, detailing every single piece of road that has ever been in the series (including all the wierdos/hidden stuff), but search is failing me atm. If someone remembers and/or can dig out that thread it would be amazing :D

EDIT: FOUND IT !!!!!

Newcomers to the series, educate yourself with this behemoth of a thread: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt5s-missing-tracks-circuits-moving-on-to-gt6.201774/

Thanks to @The Vanishing Boy

I am totally on board with you.... All of the past GT tracks (GT2 GT4 GT5 and GT6) are Awesome... I don't see why PD would not release them all again...

Other than resources, why wouldn't they ?

I dream of the day I can drive again on these classic tracks in all HD glory with the newest car....

Heck, I would be satisfied driving on Standard tracks with the E30 M3....

Indeed it was. I could have taken a much longer path to do so, but adding those "vehicles" as tickets saved a lot of time.
Well I’m glad it was useful for you! :) I mainly created it because I was tired of all the other guides not being the “real deal” and I felt it was time we finally had one. I’m really glad people are taking notice of it, I have wondered if it was more or less time consuming than the others and it’s nice to know it’s less and not more.

I have some info on the car regarding the cars performance that hasn’t been documented yet I need to share with you on Discord sometime. (it borrows parts from another car)

The Gran Turismo XXXXXXX has darker headlights by the way. ;)
Small Trivia for youu guys.
I moved all the unused tracks files into a folder, and check them. 2.12 GB.
not 300mb..not 500... 2.12GB
View attachment 836558
Have you tried replacing existing courses with these yet?
gt5/gt sport obsession with wide rally tracks.
I don’t know, that Eiger Norwand rally track is pretty narrow in some places.
A lot of people have asked about this a few pages back, but posted on Page 2, it is against the AUP of GTPlanet to share any information on how to do this yourself.
If I was you, I’d edit the OP to let everyone know you cannot post how to do it here. I’d also add that it cannot be done on an OFW PS3 so maybe people won’t ask as much.

so i wanted to clarify some things... (just reset my old password i hadn't used in years...)
hello from the GT Discords... (Plural) there is a link to a guide posted in the comments to some of the lap videos uploaded days ago...
allot of us are using RPCS3 + Cheat Engine, since it's just easier... but the method does work on real HW... shared the address with them to help etc...
i got the impression that's the most i can say here... despite KLITLIKA (aka Me) being the first to Post Pikes Peak Screenshots on the discord etc... it is thanks to Jonny (The Italian) that his GT PSP Track Swap Method got tried out on GT5 for a laugh... my face though when i actually got something :P
anyway for now most of us are toying around on v1.13 since beyond that not many of the tracks actually load + also the mem addresses changed etc...

the big thing that isn't being mentioned much here... RAIN + SNOW anywhere... that's right you want SNOW in TAHITI MAZE... no problem...
it's pretty fun to take Suzuka's Rain, Chamonix Mini's SNOW or Toscana's Lighting etc...
(we tried making it Night elsewhere then normal and no luck so far... only Headlights turn on :P)

also we've been doing this in ARCADE MODE - Single Race / Time Trial / Drift (sector & Full Circuit) + even 2P works well...
the lowest FPS is when you start a race though with 16 cars... / First corner... Rain/Snow aren't too bad for FPS imo...

(Footage taken with i5 9400F System running 3.9Ghz all cores...)

few examples there... considering many of us are using RPCS3 it was also nice to figure out that using a rally track as a "donor" can limit CAR # in Races to 4 ... anywhere... thus for eg... if 16 cars racing = too much for your CPU... try 4... can't use Karts if you have a rally track as donor... but the other way around is nice, thus any car on any track is now easy too...

How are you getting rpcs3 to work that smoothly?

gfs_53690_2_41_mid.jpg

(edit - image from web, NOT any newly found files, by the way...)

Not seen it mentioned as of yet, but has anyone been able to get Citta di Aria to work, or is it one of the ones that sadly crash ?

It's my favourite GT track of all time, it'd be super interesting to see footage of it in GT5, if possible :gtpflag:

gfs_53690_2_41_mid.jpg

(edit - image from web, NOT any newly found files, by the way...)

Not seen it mentioned as of yet, but has anyone been able to get Citta di Aria to work, or is it one of the ones that sadly crash ?

It's my favourite GT track of all time, it'd be super interesting to see footage of it in GT5, if possible :gtpflag:

It works in every way except visually - the collisions are there, the spectators are there, the elevation and driving line work fine, and even the AI can drive on it just fine, but it's invisible:
unknown.png

It works in every way except visually - the collisions are there, the spectators are there, the elevation and driving line work fine, and even the AI can drive on it just fine, but it's invisible:

Haha, that's kinda crazy :D
Thank You for posting up the information ! :cheers:

so just figured out that swaps can be made to work with something like the KART 101 Special Event...
this should add allot more fun to GT MODE...
was able to swap track maker templates to the unused one and then tried snow...
as shown here.. https://tcrf.net/Gran_Turismo_5/Courses#Unused_Course_Maker_Themes

Template 11 + the 1st kart event's config gives very diff results with just the change in template...
BEFORE PIC
2019-07-19-05-44-50-FPS-21-50-Vulkan-0-0-6-8367-Gran-Turismo-5-BCES00569.jpg

Template 004 - Unused...
2019-07-19-05-36-47-FPS-29-25-Vulkan-0-0-6-8367-Gran-Turismo-5-BCES00569.jpg

2019-07-19-05-36-57-FPS-21-96-Vulkan-0-0-6-8367-Gran-Turismo-5-BCES00569.jpg

compared to Template 008 which is in the game... but you can't normally use KARTS obv...
2019-07-19-06-03-03-FPS-26-89-Vulkan-0-0-6-8367-Gran-Turismo-5-BCES00569.jpg

That brings me to something, could we manipulate the secret menu to load these tracks? EncounterGTR told me once you could alter the save to add cars the secret menu didn’t originally have, maybe tracks can be done the same way?

That brings me to something, could we manipulate the secret menu to load these tracks?

Probably not - they don't exist in the specdb as actual courses, they're just leftover files on disc. The current method for loading them simply sets an existing track in the specdb to use those files instead of its own.

Probably not - they don't exist in the specdb as actual courses, they're just leftover files on disc. The current method for loading them simply sets an existing track in the specdb to use those files instead of its own.
Oh, nice to see you here! I think it’s at least worth a try though, but then again, y’all know more than I do.

I was thinking earlier, maybe if you could identify the file structure of GT5’s tracks and some of the previous games, maybe they could be ported over to GT5? It’s a long shot, but it’s worth considering!

GT5 runs smoothly if you have no AI present. Over around 4-6, depending on your CPU, and it'll slow to a crawl.
Okay, I have ventured into gt mode but not arcade mode. I'm gonna give it a try again cuz it locked up after the first license test

Sweet Jesus :eek: you guys are legends :cheers: :gtpflag: keep up the good work 👍 . Could you find so hidden/secret cars or is this a track only topic?.
Only the wedding cars and Aston Volante so far. There’s a blank thumbnail for a seemingly scrapped premium R92CP - standard cars have a “_std” suffix in their thumbnails, and the R92CP has two thumbnails, one with and one without a suffix. An old GT5 thread here on GTP about hidden and unused car tickets seems to confirm the same. No trace of the actual car exists though.

Only the wedding cars and Aston Volante so far. There’s a blank thumbnail for a seemingly scrapped premium R92CP - standard cars have a “_std” suffix in their thumbnails, and the R92CP has two thumbnails, one with and one without a suffix. An old GT5 thread here on GTP about hidden and unused car tickets seems to confirm the same. No trace of the actual car exists though.
Intresting Thank you.

How are you getting rpcs3 to work that smoothly?
mainly the CPU makes a big diff... i5 9400F (running 3.9Ghz 24/7) has 6 cores.. still not enough for 12-16 AI but 4-8 doesn't seem as bad..
6/8 cores 9th gen struggle allot less with gt5 RPCS3... then any of the 4 core intels (regardless of ht or not)...
also i'm keeping the Res Scaling quite low... since i was monitoring gpu usage and gt5 seems to be at 125% - 150% for eg... GTX 970 here...

Back