Gran Turismo 4 / PSP Courses found in Gran Turismo 5

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 5' started by elston87, Jul 11, 2019.

1. CTznOfTime

CTznOfTime

Love

I am totally on board with you.... All of the past GT tracks (GT2 GT4 GT5 and GT6) are Awesome... I don't see why PD would not release them all again...

Other than resources, why wouldn't they ?

I dream of the day I can drive again on these classic tracks in all HD glory with the newest car....

Heck, I would be satisfied driving on Standard tracks with the E30 M3....

Alex p., LeGeNd-1 and Animedeaf like this.
  2. Sonygamer455

Sonygamer455

Well I’m glad it was useful for you! :) I mainly created it because I was tired of all the other guides not being the “real deal” and I felt it was time we finally had one. I’m really glad people are taking notice of it, I have wondered if it was more or less time consuming than the others and it’s nice to know it’s less and not more.

I have some info on the car regarding the cars performance that hasn’t been documented yet I need to share with you on Discord sometime. (it borrows parts from another car)

The Gran Turismo XXXXXXX has darker headlights by the way. ;)
    Have you tried replacing existing courses with these yet?
    I don’t know, that Eiger Norwand rally track is pretty narrow in some places.
    If I was you, I’d edit the OP to let everyone know you cannot post how to do it here. I’d also add that it cannot be done on an OFW PS3 so maybe people won’t ask as much.

3. jagenigma

jagenigma

How are you getting rpcs3 to work that smoothly?

elliot_GTIR likes this.
  4. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester

GT5 runs smoothly if you have no AI present. Over around 4-6, depending on your CPU, and it'll slow to a crawl.

elliot_GTIR likes this.
  5. j0nny0093

j0nny0093

Maybe in future it could be possible, but for now we can only do the swap trick to play them.

elliot_GTIR likes this.
  6. Sploshington

Sploshington

[​IMG]
    (edit - image from web, NOT any newly found files, by the way...)

Not seen it mentioned as of yet, but has anyone been able to get Citta di Aria to work, or is it one of the ones that sadly crash ?

It's my favourite GT track of all time, it'd be super interesting to see footage of it in GT5, if possible :gtpflag:

Alex p., jontikis, ViperV10 and 7 others like this.
  7. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester

It works in every way except visually - the collisions are there, the spectators are there, the elevation and driving line work fine, and even the AI can drive on it just fine, but it's invisible:
    [​IMG]

Apprentice, Alex p., Jordan and 22 others like this.
  8. Sploshington

Sploshington

Haha, that's kinda crazy :D
    Thank You for posting up the information ! :cheers:

9. Fatal1ty93RUS

Fatal1ty93RUS

I really wish all the classic GT tracks returned for GT7. Real life raceways are cool and all, but there was just something about Polyphony's original creations for GT1-4

10. elliot_GTIR

elliot_GTIR

so just figured out that swaps can be made to work with something like the KART 101 Special Event...
    this should add allot more fun to GT MODE...
    was able to swap track maker templates to the unused one and then tried snow...
    as shown here.. https://tcrf.net/Gran_Turismo_5/Courses#Unused_Course_Maker_Themes

Template 11 + the 1st kart event's config gives very diff results with just the change in template...
    BEFORE PIC
    [​IMG]
    Template 004 - Unused...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    compared to Template 008 which is in the game... but you can't normally use KARTS obv...
    [​IMG]

11. elliot_GTIR

elliot_GTIR

So... turns out... the method seems to work for any track anywhere in the game.... LAGUNA SECA - 90 LAPS is looking Different :p
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Debug menu has it set to just 1 type of enemy car in an attempt to get more FPS...
    [​IMG]

12. Sonygamer455

Sonygamer455

That brings me to something, could we manipulate the secret menu to load these tracks? EncounterGTR told me once you could alter the save to add cars the secret menu didn’t originally have, maybe tracks can be done the same way?

Castrol96 likes this.
  13. pez2k

pez2k

Probably not - they don't exist in the specdb as actual courses, they're just leftover files on disc. The current method for loading them simply sets an existing track in the specdb to use those files instead of its own.

14. Sonygamer455

Sonygamer455

Oh, nice to see you here! I think it’s at least worth a try though, but then again, y’all know more than I do.

I was thinking earlier, maybe if you could identify the file structure of GT5’s tracks and some of the previous games, maybe they could be ported over to GT5? It’s a long shot, but it’s worth considering!

15. elliot_GTIR

elliot_GTIR

[​IMG]
    172 LAPS via SUZUKA ENDURANCE swap.... already lapping them after 3 laps... so... B Spec Swaps are also fine... :)

16. CTznOfTime

CTznOfTime

Truly the City in the Sky....

Boy I miss all the old tracks'... I miss Seattle....

J24681357 and AgentBlackDog like this.
  17. elliot_GTIR

elliot_GTIR

even B-SPEC works...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. jagenigma

jagenigma

Okay, I have ventured into gt mode but not arcade mode. I'm gonna give it a try again cuz it locked up after the first license test

19. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester

Yeah, GT Mode almost always has opponents so that’ll explain most of your slowdown. Just bear in mind the crashes are fairly random because of the very very early in-dev nature of the emulator.

20. Populuxe Cowboy

Populuxe Cowboy Premium

I don't know what this is. A different version of Route X?

AgentBlackDog and Animedeaf like this.
  21. George Jakob

George Jakob

Sweet Jesus :eek: you guys are legends :cheers: :gtpflag: keep up the good work :tup: . Could you find so hidden/secret cars or is this a track only topic?.

elliot_GTIR likes this.
  22. jake2013guy

jake2013guy

Looks impressive. Would have loved to see these in GT5 and all original tracks carried over into future games. GT5 was my first so missed out on all the loved tracks.

23. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester

Only the wedding cars and Aston Volante so far. There’s a blank thumbnail for a seemingly scrapped premium R92CP - standard cars have a “_std” suffix in their thumbnails, and the R92CP has two thumbnails, one with and one without a suffix. An old GT5 thread here on GTP about hidden and unused car tickets seems to confirm the same. No trace of the actual car exists though.

24. George Jakob

George Jakob

Intresting Thank you.

ViperV10 likes this.
  25. SimTourist

SimTourist

Not gonna lie, that's pretty amazing.

26. Kazuya720

Kazuya720

Thats cool, but still... Is there a tutorial which explains how all this works? Especially on regular PS3 hardware. If this is against the board rules, I am sure someone could do a Youtube tutorial. Would be great :)

27. LegendofGT

LegendofGT

I'm...I'm going to cry.
    For a long time

silverman_GT and J24681357 like this.
  28. elliot_GTIR

elliot_GTIR

one of my fav things is Karts etc anywhere...
    [​IMG]

29. elliot_GTIR

elliot_GTIR

mainly the CPU makes a big diff... i5 9400F (running 3.9Ghz 24/7) has 6 cores.. still not enough for 12-16 AI but 4-8 doesn't seem as bad..
    6/8 cores 9th gen struggle allot less with gt5 RPCS3... then any of the 4 core intels (regardless of ht or not)...
    also i'm keeping the Res Scaling quite low... since i was monitoring gpu usage and gt5 seems to be at 125% - 150% for eg... GTX 970 here...

30. elliot_GTIR

elliot_GTIR

...Parking rentals...
    2019-07-19 19_26_26-FPS_ 42.53 _ Vulkan _ 0.0.6-fb06fc76-usbd _ Gran Turismo 5 [BCES00569].jpg
    2019-07-19 19_24_32-FPS_ 48.25 _ Vulkan _ 0.0.6-fb06fc76-usbd _ Gran Turismo 5 [BCES00569].jpg