Gran Turismo 4 / PSP Courses found in Gran Turismo 5

• Thread starter elston87
  • 315 comments
mainly the CPU makes a big diff... i5 9400F (running 3.9Ghz 24/7) has 6 cores.. still not enough for 12-16 AI but 4-8 doesn't seem as bad..
6/8 cores 9th gen struggle allot less with gt5 RPCS3... then any of the 4 core intels (regardless of ht or not)...
also i'm keeping the Res Scaling quite low... since i was monitoring gpu usage and gt5 seems to be at 125% - 150% for eg... GTX 970 here...
I've got an r5 2600 and an rx 590 I would say we've got pretty equal performance. My GPU may be better cuz its newer.

Could we get a very brief guide to where to get started switching out tracks? Or a hint, if its against GTPlanet rules?
all i can suggest here is to watch all the videos ;)

Meanwhile...
2019-07-20 02_22_25-FPS_ 24.84 _ Vulkan _ 0.0.6-fb06fc76-usbd _ Gran Turismo 5 [BCES00569].jpg

Few pics of the Unused Track Creator Templates being swapped for those used in Special Events..
2019-07-20 04_14_36-FPS_ 46.15 _ Vulkan _ 0.0.6-fb06fc76-usbd _ Gran Turismo 5 [BCES00569].jpg

2019-07-20 04_14_41-FPS_ 45.42 _ Vulkan _ 0.0.6-fb06fc76-usbd _ Gran Turismo 5 [BCES00569].jpg

2019-07-20 04_15_22-FPS_ 41.31 _ Vulkan _ 0.0.6-fb06fc76-usbd _ Gran Turismo 5 [BCES00569].jpg

Last edited:
so we have to wait for someone to do a YouTube tutorial or look for a discord server? because I see that no one will write here how to do it and, is possible to do this on the original ps3? (Sorry for my bad English)
Prob not here due to it t
What settings can I use for rpcs3 to get gran turismo running smoothly? I have my backup from my original copy coincidentally waiting for something like this to come out.

It’s full speed then it stops intermittently

I have an r5 2600 16gb of ballistix ram and an RX 590 8gb gpu. I did change the gpu to Vulcan which runs way better than open gl
Don't think you should be asking that here

I'm not sure if I'm more impressed by the state of PS3 emulation or by the fact people are still sniffing around in and finding things in the files of "obsolete" games.
In any case, I applaud all of it!
Makes me want to dust off the jailbroken PS3 I have and try my hand at "modding" again...

By all means... JOIN US :)
2019-07-20 22_44_42-FPS_ 31.60 _ Vulkan _ 0.0.6-fb06fc76-usbd _ Gran Turismo 5 [BCES00569].jpg

CORRECTION: (WHOOPS MY BAD, SORRY XENN)
Xenn WAS THE ONE WHO DISCOVERED THIS AND HELPED
TheAdmiester... who MADE A RECORDING... OF

Camera Switching (to Unused cams) In GT HD... we're hoping to do the same for 5p/5/6... #soon

think i MIGHT know a way to do >30 FPS on 2player GT6 (Split-Screen)... but will need to wait a while for RPCS3 stability / perf...
2019-07-21 00_32_02-FPS_ 39.89 _ Vulkan _ 0.0.6-fb06fc76-usbd _ Gran Turismo 5 [BCES00569].jpg

also have an idea to fix this issue...
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/f1-cars-gt5.246760/

Last edited:
There are some files we can get and datamine from, while others we can't because they are encrypted. We have been able to look at textures but extract tracks for example, or cars. We've gotten some sounds before as well. So far it's more about exploration than actual ripping. RPCS3 is also not yet running well enough for the guys going through the games to do much more than this. It is unstable and crashes often and the lack of savestates means anytime it crashes they need to go through the whole boot sequence over and over and over. Quite a pain if you ask me lol

So yeah, porting is far from our minds for now.

There are some files we can get and datamine from, while others we can't because they are encrypted. We have been able to look at textures but extract tracks for example, or cars. We've gotten some sounds before as well. So far it's more about exploration than actual ripping. RPCS3 is also not yet running well enough for the guys going through the games to do much more than this. It is unstable and crashes often and the lack of savestates means anytime it crashes they need to go through the whole boot sequence over and over and over. Quite a pain if you ask me lol

So yeah, porting is far from our minds for now.
Oh i see thanks

That GTHD video reminds me, are there any signs of the old Eiger track or the premium Subaru Impreza Rally Car in GT5 files?

And wow it's an honour to have the great @TRL LIGHTNING like my post :D Maybe when you get to the next world tour you can show Kaz this thread and how much love the old tracks are still getting. Hint hint nudge nudge we want them all back in the next game ;)

That GTHD video reminds me, are there any signs of the old Eiger track or the premium Subaru Impreza Rally Car in GT5 files?

And wow it's an honour to have the great @TRL LIGHTNING like my post :D Maybe when you get to the next world tour you can show Kaz this thread and how much love the old tracks are still getting. Hint hint nudge nudge we want them all back in the next game ;)

If i won't forget it i definitely want to show this to him. I already shared the GTPlanet article on Facebook which Mr. Yamauchi liked so he should be aware of it :gtpflag:

Last edited:
FIA GT Classic Tracks World Championship when ? :D

I will regularly upload hotlaps of these Hidden Tracks on youtube.

Does anyone have a suggestion what I should upload next? :D

btw, I have a Jailbroken PS3. I try to load the tracks on real Hardware and I will record that with my elgato. (I'm currently playing with emulator)

Nice work, I like how you set up your video ( hot lap + replay )
I would like to see a circle60_ps2 drifting video ( since it's a rounded shape circuit ) , using drift session on full lap or just do time trial and simply drift on all of it :D

The fact that the big man himself acknowledges this is amazing. I think he knows what people want and that's for more of the original circuits to return!
The tracks in Sport are ok, but what I'd give to play the old tracks again. They were really picturesque and had so much great variety. As great as GT5 & 6 were on the PS3, I still had my old PS2 set up on a small portable TV in a spare bedroom, and would regularly go back and play GT4 all of the time just because I loved those tracks so much. Please Mr. Yamauchi, either bring the old tracks back in either Sport or a future installment of GT and/or give us a mobile game with these great original tracks.

New videos! Sorry for the spam :bowdown: More videos coming, I want to record all hidden tracks ;)

c010 - montecarlo_ps2 (Cote D'Azur)

c011 - motegi_ps2 (Twin Ring Motegi)

c012 - newyork_ps2 (New York)

c013 - nurburgring_ps2 (Nurburgring Nordschleife) Nice and clean lap ;)

c014 - nursnow_ps2 (Chamonix)

Prob not here due to it t

Don't think you should be asking that here
I didn’t know you were a mod...

That’s what this thread is about. Using emulation to get the hidden tracks working. Therefore considering the content of this thread, it’s a valid question.

To add, my question was already answered by someone on this thread. So stop gatekeeping.

I didn’t know you were a mod...

That’s what this thread is about. Using emulation to get the hidden tracks working. Therefore considering the content of this thread, it’s a valid question.

To add, my question was already answered by someone on this thread. So stop gatekeeping.
The AUP prohibits actual explanation on how to access these leaked circuits, which involves data mining and hacking the game, which isn't exactly a legal thing to do and:

• You will not use the forums for the purposes of sharing or distributing viruses, licenses, registration information, software keys, pirated commercial multimedia files, “cracks”, or other information designed to do harm to or allow unlawful access to any computer software or systems.

Mods and admins has explained and even removes some post here regarding such.

If you want to I'll send you Discord Link via PM.

The AUP prohibits actual explanation on how to access these leaked circuits, which involves data mining and hacking the game, which isn't exactly a legal thing to do and:

Mods and admins has explained and even removes some post here regarding such.

If you want to I'll send you Discord Link via PM.

Sure I'll take that, I have the app. Thanks.

Last update for Today. 12 working hidden tracks left. Unfortunately the other hidden tracks do not work as you can see here: https://tcrf.net/Gran_Turismo_5/Courses/Course_Database

I will ask friendly the tcrf people if they can embed the videos on the page so they can be easier to find

c035 smtsouth_ps2 (Swiss Alps)

c036 smtnorth_ps2 (Smokey Mountain)

c037 assisi_ps2 (Citta di Aria)

c039 trialmt_ps2 (Trial Mountain)

c041 20r60r_ps2 (Beginner Course)

Latest Posts

Back