Gran Turismo 4 / PSP Courses found in Gran Turismo 5

• Thread starter elston87
  • 315 comments
Last update for Today. 12 working hidden tracks left. Unfortunately the other hidden tracks do not work as you can see here: https://tcrf.net/Gran_Turismo_5/Courses/Course_Database

I will ask friendly the tcrf people if they can embed the videos on the page so they can be easier to find

Hey man! Cool videos! I was wondering if you could do comparisons between circuits that have updated versions in the game? (Like Trial Mountain, Laguna Seca, High Speed Ring, etc.)

Wait, PD was still labeling Swiss Alps as Smokey Mountain South in their track data?! I figured they would've updated that by the time they were working on GT5.

Last Update!
Finally I uploaded all hidden tracks. Unfortunately, I can not show more because, as mentioned earlier, the other tracks crashes after the loading screen. It was a lot of fun to drive the hidden tracks with the GT5 Engine. I've played Gran Turismo 5 for more than 1000 or maybe 2000 hours and it's exciting to discover new things. I hope PD will add some tracks like El Capitan or New York for the next Gran Turismo. I miss the tracks very much and especially now where I drove it in GT5. It was a pleasure to share my discovery with you.

Shout out to @j0nny0093 who has found the method how to load the tracks and
the all the people in Discord! Maybe GT6 also hides some pearls that will be discovered in the near future. :)

c076 pikespeak_ps2 (Pikes Peak)

grandvalley east_ps2 (Grand Valley East Section)

c109 mini_ps2 (Autumn Ring Mini)

c112 r_midfield_ps2 (Midfield Raceway)

c113 yosemite_dirt_mini_ps2 (Cathedral Rocks Trail III)

c114 r_yosemite_dirt_mini_ps2 (Cathedral Rocks Trail III)
https://youtu.be/DqymemZfJRo

Last edited:
Is there any reason on why some of the gameplay are in 2 player mode?

Fuji Speedway 90 will work only with 2 player mode. If you try to open the track in other modes, the track will appear but it will crash as soon as the screen fade to black.

Pikes Peak has only 2 position on the starting grid. If you try do to Time Trial, or Single Race, you will spawn out of bounds and it would be impossible for you to move. Using the 2 player mode, you'll be placed on the starting line.

You know, after watching this video, it made me think of this for some reason. :lol:
tumblr_mi2t6irnBO1qkhvfwo1_400.gif

Maybe it's just me, but that Zonda looks about as out of place on that track as the guy does in that gif. :lol:

Last edited:
Here few pics I shot yesterday. As you can see, the skidmarks are glitched, they will came out on photo mode in "partial color" mode.

photo0027.jpg
photo0009.jpg
photo0011.jpg
photo0013.jpg
photo0023.jpg

Also it seems that 1.01 reacts differently regarding those circuits. For example, attempting to load tracks that doesn't work like hongkong or rome, will make the game into infinite loading instead of crashing. So there's still other things to test, even testing them on vanilla 1.00 release.

He also did some kind of file/specdb edit to port over the Top Gear track from GT5, none of us know how it was done right now and his custom tools aren’t public.

...maybe TopGear track was initally part of GT6, but before release cut out...

He also did some kind of file/specdb edit to port over the Top Gear track from GT5, none of us know how it was done right now and his custom tools aren’t public.
That brings me to one thing. Could these hidden tracks be ported over to GT6 and if so, what would the result be compared to GT5? More importantly, could those unplayable tracks work when ported over? (I doubt it, but it’s worth a try)

Back