Gran Turismo 6 Online End of Service

• Thread starter regnar
  • 345 comments
So what does one need to go Asetto Corso? An XBOX CONTROLLER, gamer PC with i5 CPU and a Steam account? The XBox version no good?
You can use any controller on PC.

Also an i5 is pretty good CPU chip. I recommend you choose a Ryzen though and a 1050 Ti.

It is very unfortunate that online for Gran Turismo 6 has came to a close. I was really hoping online would have still being available for those like myself who are not interested in Gran Turismo Sport & prefer the old format of previous GT games.

Now until a Gran Turismo 7 successor comes along I now call this my departure from the current Gran Turismo since it is nothing like the ones of old. I am a veteran who has being playing the Gran Turismo series since 1999.

Instead Forza Horizon 3 is my current car collecting world & will fill the void until Gran Turismo 7 or similar equivalent comes along.

For now I also go back to my early days & play Gran Turismo 2 since it still has substance today with its unique car list, great engine & exhaust sounds which I happily listen to for hours on end.

GTSport 'still' not appealing to me, GT6 and GT4 have been providing enough entertainment on consoles and AC and Raceroom on PC.
Thanks for the reminder for GT2, I can smell a disk for £0.50 next time I'm in town
👍

Yep. Gran Turismo 4 is another great old title to go back to. I got that game to 100.0% completion years ago.

I believe you will enjoy GT2.

It is very unfortunate that online for Gran Turismo 6 has came to a close. I was really hoping online would have still being available for those like myself who are not interested in Gran Turismo Sport & prefer the old format of previous GT games.

Now until a Gran Turismo 7 successor comes along I now call this my departure from the current Gran Turismo since it is nothing like the ones of old. I am a veteran who has being playing the Gran Turismo series since 1999.

Instead Forza Horizon 3 is my current car collecting world & will fill the void until Gran Turismo 7 or similar equivalent comes along.

For now I also go back to my early days & play Gran Turismo 2 since it still has substance today with its unique car list, great engine & exhaust sounds which I happily listen to for hours on end.
I agree I have only started playing gran Turismo games since gt4 but it was the only thing that I did not even joking so I’ll play gt4 gt5 and I can’t play gt6 because it makes me to sad because it was the only game I had online services for and I loved it

Move on for god sakes. There are way better games out now on better consoles.
That’s an opinion the only thing that’s not an opinion but a fact is that on new consoles the graphics would be better which the graphics are not all about the game so the graphics don’t mean anything and the fact that newer consoles will be faster

Hi everyone. I've been away for some time. After dealing with some difficult things I thought it would be nice to fire up my PS3 and GT6 for the first time in months, but I discovered the servers had been shut down. I went ahead and played for a bit, but there are a lot of reminders in the interface of what was promised and forgotten, and it would have been nice to update the program so it doesn't look for the connection. Ah well, at least there's more to do offline with GT6 than with GT5.

As of now I don't really have plans to buy a PS4 of GT Sport. I thought I would, but I don't play games all that much these days, and I don't know how long I'd have to play GTS before the servers shut down. I generally prefer offline, anyway, often not even with the AI, but a few laps trying to improve my time every now and then to help wash away the daily braindust.

Hi everyone. I've been away for some time. After dealing with some difficult things I thought it would be nice to fire up my PS3 and GT6 for the first time in months, but I discovered the servers had been shut down. I went ahead and played for a bit, but there are a lot of reminders in the interface of what was promised and forgotten, and it would have been nice to update the program so it doesn't look for the connection. Ah well, at least there's more to do offline with GT6 than with GT5.

As of now I don't really have plans to buy a PS4 of GT Sport. I thought I would, but I don't play games all that much these days, and I don't know how long I'd have to play GTS before the servers shut down. I generally prefer offline, anyway, often not even with the AI, but a few laps trying to improve my time every now and then to help wash away the daily braindust.
Ya don’t waste your money on ps4 just for gts because I promise gts isn’t fun compared to the other games in the serious

Ya don’t waste your money on ps4 just for gts because I promise gts isn’t fun compared to the other games in the serious
My PS4 is just collecting dust because I only got GTS for that console, I am still upset on why I did buy GTS in the first place.
To me GT5 is better than GTS, I still play GT5 now and then and now I am having fun playing GT6 in The Challenge Hub and the Gt6 My Home Hub Threads.

My PS4 is just collecting dust because I only got GTS for that console, I am still upset on why I did buy GTS in the first place.

I feel the same. I used to love doing the seasonals every couple of weeks & working my way through the career on the many tracks.

I hate the online focus & ranking system of GTS & the way it all feels so limited.
And the fact that if you do take part online the racing is no fun at all. They have ruined it for me.

I feel the same. I used to love doing the seasonals every couple of weeks & working my way through the career on the many tracks.

I hate the online focus & ranking system of GTS & the way it all feels so limited.
And the fact that if you do take part online the racing is no fun at all. They have ruined it for me.

That's why I'm glad I switched to XBox. With Project Cars 2 I can do proper class racing in a very realistic setting. There are bugs, but hopefully they will get fixed as more times goes on. I've got Forza 7 for my car collecting fix, and then I just started Horizon 3 which is a blast of just silly fun and amazing visuals.

That's why I'm glad I switched to XBox. With Project Cars 2 I can do proper class racing in a very realistic setting. There are bugs, but hopefully they will get fixed as more times goes on. I've got Forza 7 for my car collecting fix, and then I just started Horizon 3 which is a blast of just silly fun and amazing visuals.

Me too. Just finished FM5 which was ace, just starting FH2 which I'm enjoying for simcade fun, FM6 is next up. I've played the demo of PC2 but don't really like the handling, (pad), feels much more difficult to control for no good reason, doesn't feel enjoyable to me.
And Ive started playing Grid Autosport again as it's just arrived on backward compatibility, it's a lot of fun :)

To me GT5 is better than GTS, I still play GT5 now and then and now I am having fun playing GT6 in The Challenge Hub and the Gt6 My Home Hub Threads.
I think they should just keep open lobby up or they should’ve kept open lobby up because that’s what most people cared about

Oddly at the same month, according to gran turismo sport future updates its says that approximately 50 cars would be added ontill march 2018.https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_8407068.html. Wonder what going on?
Honestly the only good thing about gts is the fact that the graphics are better otherwise it’s worthless. They should’ve just kept open lobby open, it’s all anyone cared about. The other stuff just a money market but memories still made. I’m done with the gt series I’ll just be playing the older ones

Honestly the only good thing about gts is the fact that the graphics are better otherwise it’s worthless. They should’ve just kept open lobby open, it’s all anyone cared about. The other stuff just a money market but memories still made. I’m done with the gt series I’ll just be playing the older ones
GTS graphics are very good and that is all it is in the game, the rest of the game to me is kind of boring and that is why I went back to play GT6 and GT5.
Yesterday my PS3 had died and I was close to getting out my PS4 to play GTS, and then I said to myself, I leave it and buy another PS3 because GTS is a disappointing game. Now I am on my way to pickup a PS3 :).

GTS graphics are very good and that is all it is in the game, the rest of the game to me is kind of boring and that is why I went back to play GT6 and GT5.
Yesterday my PS3 had died and I was close to getting out my PS4 to play GTS, and then I said to myself, I leave it and buy another PS3 because GTS is a disappointing game. Now I am on my way to pickup a PS3 :).

The physics update on the tyres in GTS has really brought the game to life for me & many others. Definitely pick up your PS3 & carry on playing GT6, but also try out the new handling in GTS as well. After all, you do have both games & consoles so you have nothing to lose by trying it out.

VBR
The physics update on the tyres in GTS has really brought the game to life for me & many others. Definitely pick up your PS3 & carry on playing GT6, but also try out the new handling in GTS as well. After all, you do have both games & consoles so you have nothing to lose by trying it out.

I have played yesterday, but on Dualshock 4, it feels the same to me, didn't tried to play with my g29, gonna try today, it really have that much of difference?

VBR
Ok I might try the new physics tomorrow and the new handling with my G29 and see if your wright and if not, I will go back to GT6 :).

Last edited:
I have played yesterday, but on Dualshock 4, it feels the same to me, didn't tried to play with my g29, gonna try today, it really have that much of difference?
Ok I might try the new physics tomorrow and the new handling with my G29 and see if your wright and if not, I will go back to GT6 :).

Personally, I find there's a massive difference; but mainly with road cars on Comfort & Sport tyres (the race cars on race tyres are slower). Most people feel that it's an improvement. Tyre Update Thread here with a poll: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-updated-tyre-model-thread-1-23.380431/

By the way, if using a G29 make sure you use the following settings; from top to bottom - 7/4/10. Not going into details as to why, you'll just have to trust me on this one!

👍

Last edited:
VBR
Personally, I find there's a massive difference; but mainly with road cars on Comfort & Sport tyres (the race cars on race tyres are slower). Most people feel that it's an improvement. Tyre Update Thread here with a poll: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-updated-tyre-model-thread-1-23.380431/

By the way, if using a G29 make sure you use the following settings; from top to bottom - 7/4/10. Not going into details as to why, you'll just have to trust me on this one!

👍
That is why I left GTS because of the physics and a few other things. I love tuning and if it was in Sport Mode, I would might still be playing GTS.
I am still hoping there will be Time Trials and a online leaderboard like we had in GT6 in GTS. GTS needs variety in Sport Mode, the Daily races are now weekly are not enough to keep me from playing a lot.

it wont be in stores because its in older console but im not 100% sure. GTS is a gran turismo game, but just its not like how gt1,gt2.gt3.gt4.gt5. and gt6 is. And those games were all in the top 10 grossing games, except for like gt5 prologe, but still. Know since the online services are over, a ton of ppl are still wanting to buy like the 20 million dollar cars. But it's going to be much harder since the daily bonus isn't their. they already took away so much they can't even leave the daily bonus? I still play the game gt6. It just makes me so sad and mad at the same time that they took down the servers, and that they didn't realize how much ppl played they game. They don't care about us. they don't even realize how much hate they are probably getting the sony and the gt creaters are getting.

it wont be in stores because its in older console but im not 100% sure. GTS is a gran turismo game, but just its not like how gt1,gt2.gt3.gt4.gt5. and gt6 is. And those games were all in the top 10 grossing games, except for like gt5 prologe, but still. Know since the online services are over, a ton of ppl are still wanting to buy like the 20 million dollar cars. But it's going to be much harder since the daily bonus isn't their. they already took away so much they can't even leave the daily bonus? I still play the game gt6. It just makes me so sad and mad at the same time that they took down the servers, and that they didn't realize how much ppl played they game. They don't care about us. they don't even realize how much hate they are probably getting the sony and the gt creaters are getting.
I still like the Gran Turismo games with the number after the name :). They should have kept the GT6 online server going until PD released the real GT7 on PS4, instead they rushed GTS which was wrong.

He’s right you know ;)

I still play GT5, but not regularly. If the seasonal events where still there, it would be so much better and easier to collect cars in the used dealership. The seasonal events where a big part of GT5 & GT6 in my opinion. They could of at least left them up as a way of making money.

I think they should have left the lobbies up, I wasn't a big fan of the lobbies but I know a lot of people.
I to liked the seasonals for the money so even if they raised the winnings in the career mode to canter balance it.

I think they should have left the lobbies up, I wasn't a big fan of the lobbies but I know a lot of people.
I to liked the seasonals for the money so even if they raised the winnings in the career mode to canter balance it.
Hey mate, I am totally finished with GTS, I am selling my PS4 to a friend tomorrow :):):):):).

Back