Gran Turismo 6 Online End of Service

• Thread starter regnar
  • 345 comments
DSC_0018.JPG

Damn, had the same idea, wanted to open a room on a old ps3 and let it stay online as long it would run....^^
But sadly i just woken up yet from my nap LOL :crazy::dopey:

Oh that sucks I am never playing another gt game even though my dad bought me a. New one I am not playing it just sayid I wonder where they got that 1.2 BILLION dollars from wait ik gt6 and I also wonder where they are able to pay people 25 grand for a championship if they win wait ik gt6
Don't punish yourself cause your mad about an outdated game on an outdated console. Jump in the GT Sport pool. The water is awesome. Its a great version of Gran Turismo.

Last edited:
Don't punish yourself cause your mad about an outdated game on an outdated console. Jump in the GT Sport pool. The water is awesome. Its a great version on Gran Turismo.

Move on for god sakes. There are way better games out now on better consoles.

Even if you guys bought a PS4Pro, the game and a lifetime PS+ subscription for me, I still wouldn't play it. GT Sport is not what I want from a GT game, thus I am done with the series. The next game would have to blow all other sims out of the water while returning to it's old roots in order to get me interested.

I get a better "Gran Turismo" experience from modified PC sims. I could turn around to both of you and say "Why don't you guys move on from old franchises and heavily limited, pay-walled consoles and step into a personally customized PC sims racing?".

GT Sport is not what I want from a GT game, thus I am done with the series. The next game would have to blow all other sims out of the water while returning to it's old roots in order to get me interested.

Right there with you. They lost me this time around. GT5 and 6 were almost the only driving/racing games I played on PS3. GTSport is easily my least favorite game of the entire series. Seriously should have bought a gaming PC instead of a PS4 last year.

It'll probably take you another hour or two, possibly 3 to finish the big race, but good luck with it, and also hope your PS3 isn't overheating at this point, I'd be worried to crap if I did that.

I hate to say it Robc4475, but you are probably no longer on the server. That can happen sometimes in rooms when alone, and even on the seasonals.

An error message has more likely appeared briefly in the top right corner and you have missed it.

When this happens, You can think you are still online, it doesn't tell you that you are offline by giving you the black screen, but instead just comes up "Error 1.5 (802514367)" or something in a message box in top right corner of screen.. And it will usually tell you to "sign in to PSN to continue" when you try to do something like watch a top ten replay or exit and rejoin the lobby.

The weird part is you will still be signed into PSN.

Hilarious

I can't play Complex String track anymore!? Whyyy

EDIT: And damn too bad We Are One song din't play here l0l ={ Oh this was my first+last cruise too so comedy

Last edited:
Even if you guys bought a PS4Pro, the game and a lifetime PS+ subscription for me, I still wouldn't play it. GT Sport is not what I want from a GT game, thus I am done with the series. The next game would have to blow all other sims out of the water while returning to it's old roots in order to get me interested.

I get a better "Gran Turismo" experience from modified PC sims. I could turn around to both of you and say "Why don't you guys move on from old franchises and heavily limited, pay-walled consoles and step into a personally customized PC sims racing?".
Yeah I'm sure you wouldn't play if was a free system game etc. What PC game are you playing that isn't an old game that's also ported to PS Xbox. Yeah I'm going to spend a $1000 on a pc to play racing games.

Yeah I'm sure you wouldn't play if was a free system game etc. What PC game are you playing that isn't an old game that's also ported to PS Xbox. Yeah I'm going to spend a $1000 on a pc to play racing games.

No, I wouldn't. I have several games that I've received but haven't touched them, nor some games I've actually paid for. When your spare time is short, it gets spent on the things you are interested in and enjoy the most.

To move over, I would need a new console, the game, several years of PS+ and a new wheel. I'd rather put all that cost into a Volta 1180Ti or whatever it's called when the next GPUs are launched this year.

As for your other question, my main place to go for sim racing is Assetto Corsa. It's "available" on console but the PC version is an entirely different game.
Age doesn't matter when it arguably has some of the best physics and feedback available to consumers to date. My car list is bigger and more variable than even GT6 and Forza 6 (and I can modify any of those cars whichever way I see fit), and my track list well exceeds 100 individual circuits which does not include different layouts or versions. You'll be surprised how many LIDAR scanned tracks are available for this game on PC if you haven't seen them before.

My favourite part is that I can set a track day, race or championship without restriction. Any car can battle at any track to any set of rules. PD are going to have to perform a miracle to make me go back to them, particularly after some of their decision making over the past few years.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm going to spend a $1000 on a pc to play racing games.
Not only is that false and you didn’t look up parts or better yet Pre-Built PCs, or second hand parts from someone. Parts do not degrade over time at all. I’ve also had no overheating issues or bricking issues like a console, plus. Every component is fixable unlike any Xbox/PS4.

I’d suggest you future proof a PC and set a budget. That’s all it takes.

I moved my room to GT Sport. The driving is not nearly as fun. In my old 425pp room with SRF and RS tires, you could just rip around corners. In my new N200 BOP room (even with RSS tires), not so much.

Oh, and the game is so buggy. How did it ever get out of beta?

There is no real purpose for street cars anymore outside of one make race's. So it's now up to the users to find or make ways to keep them relevant with the old PP system gone. While GTS is still fun it's completely different than GT6.

I will keep my PS3 hooked up so I can visit some of my old favorite cars that will never be seen in a driving game again (like the Toyota MR-S). I am tired of the hamster wheel that is the modern console gaming model. I hooked my driving sim cockpit up to a dedicated computer and I will play some racing sims from here on out. It was fun for a time but no more buying of the Gran Turismo games for me.

No, I wouldn't. I have several games that I've received but haven't touched them, nor some games I've actually paid for. When your spare time is short, it gets spent on the things you are interested in and enjoy the most.

To move over, I would need a new console, the game, several years of PS+ and a new wheel. I'd rather put all that cost into a Volta 1180Ti or whatever it's called when the next GPUs are launched this year.

As for your other question, my main place to go for sim racing is Assetto Corsa. It's "available" on console but the PC version is an entirely different game.
Age doesn't matter when it arguably has some of the best physics and feedback available to consumers to date. My car list is bigger and more variable than even GT6 and Forza 6 (and I can modify any of those cars whichever way I see fit), and my track list well exceeds 100 individual circuits which does not include different layouts or versions. You'll be surprised how many LIDAR scanned tracks are available for this game on PC if you haven't seen them before.

My favourite part is that I can set a track day, race or championship without restriction. Any car can battle at any track to any set of rules. PD are going to have to perform a miracle to make me go back to them, particularly after some of their decision making over the past few years.

So what does one need to go Asetto Corso? An XBOX CONTROLLER, gamer PC with i5 CPU and a Steam account? The XBox version no good?

Back