Gran Turismo 6 Online End of Service

• Thread starter regnar
  • 345 comments
And meanwhile Project Gotham Racing 4 is still live

Is all 360 still online lol

Are people still playing PGR 4 online ??
If so then I'm on it, I never got the opportunity as got it late after Bizzaire, RIP, got sold to Activision and no one was playing it at the time..

Found these today, cheers.

6NXqP5AvFOIeupy4S_0.jpg

As2vlMnDzNkKq1PUx_0.jpg

Z64isvDhWtF43sSfD4_0.jpg

gt5__fireworks_at__special_stage_route_7_by_hernandez2-d5ssebz.jpg

mugen_motul_honda_civic_si_race_car__front__by_ozzy1194-d507qah.jpg

Am I missing something because like I’m online right know and it hasn’t ended it should’ve ended 20 minutes ago right?

This seems way too early to be shutting off the servers. I have never owned GT6 but I do own GT Sport and the thought that the game may be shelfware in 4 short years is a bit of a worry.
Ya I agree like theirs like games from the late 90s that had online servers and their probably still on like wtf is gran turismos issue like wtf

Last edited by a moderator:
Well either way it hasn't shut down yet here, so I'm guessing it'll shut down AM time your end, as unless mistaken, it's meant to shut down at 12PM over here, unless I've got it mixed up.

Someone has decided to pull the plug on one of the most successful online racing games ever produced. We virtual racing enthusiasts who enjoyed the online camaraderie of GT6 do not seem to have any recourse whatsoever. Just bite the bullet and buy into the new franchise, we are told. In the name of those who have not bought into GT Sport for all sorts of reasons, I stand with the thousands who are left stranded here. We shall continue to exist and we shall remember how we were treated.

Fonzarelli91 here? What a final cruise replay session.. that damn Special Stage the huge oval one I can't believe that rev battle that was had all the exhaust fires but camera was gone if just behind that stupid line ={

Well either way it hasn't shut down yet here, so I'm guessing it'll shut down AM time your end, as unless mistaken, it's meant to shut down at 12PM over here, unless I've got it mixed up.
Ok I’m sry

Someone has decided to pull the plug on one of the most successful online racing games ever produced. We virtual racing enthusiasts who enjoyed the online camaraderie of GT6 do not seem to have any recourse whatsoever. Just bite the bullet and buy into the new franchise, we are told. In the name of those who have not bought into GT Sport for all sorts of reasons, I stand with the thousands who are left stranded here. We shall continue to exist and we shall remember how we were treated.
I totally agree I believe we were treated poorly they should keep online services going on gt6 at least the open lobby part because that’s literally the only think everyone cares about

Last edited by a moderator:
This seems appropriate:

Mid-Field Raceway.jpg

:(

Also, apparently this was still in my post draft. Apologies for the necro-response:

It's the reason I've jumped ship, afaik you can still play forza 6 online, not sure about 4 or 5. PCars is still online, grid 2 & autosport are still online, not sure about shift2.

As far as I know, every Forza title outside of the first one still works for online racing, though in FM2/FM3's cases, some other community features are dead.

As far as I know, every Forza title outside of the first one still works for online racing, though in FM2/FM3's cases, some other community features are dead.

This makes me regret ever getting sucked into the GT franchise, now I'm wishing the mate who first introduced me to sim racing had an Xbox instead of a Playstation.

:(

I'm on one of the last servers, the SSR7 lobby hosted by HeelRaceDriver97... have no idea if it's eventually gonna disconnect us

So far every Gran Turismo game since GT5 has used dedicated servers for everything online-related. That means they need to be shut off at some point. GT6 was shut off much sooner, but it had the unfortunate circumstance of being launched on a console that was already on the way out.

Not sure about the Forza series exactly, but I’m pretty sure their games use Peer to Peer for the online racing, and then they use dedicated servers for everything else that’s been shut down on the side. Peer to Peer has the benefit of always working as long as XBL or PSN is still up, but it’s known to have some pretty awful lag and connectivity. At least it still works.

The final few second of me being in the servers, i was AFK and away from Home. The final race i ever done was a one lap dirty race with an Orange Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 (The Wagon Galant). I managed to stay almost one more hour on the lobby until i got disconnected.

upload_2018-3-28_19-59-20.png

upload_2018-3-28_20-1-31.png

Rest in Peace, Gran Turismo 6 Servers. I would love to thank @Ameer67 and @nascarfan1400 for all the fun i had back in 2015. Thank you all.

I'm still in a room. Started a 200 lap race at about half 2 (British summer time) which is 1330utc. It's on pause, auto driving around London at 13mph, lap 53/200 race time is 4hrs50.32 laps are taking it 5mins 34.2. I keep going to check on it now an again it's in the other room.

Back