Gran Turismo 6 Save Data Exposed... Open To Hackers / Modders?

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 470 comments
Worst thing that could happen to GT6. WIll delay new content as PD will be too busy stopping hackers.

It might, it might not. It's not like we're sure that PD was working on the game anyway, in comparison with other game developers. They are apparently always busy with something else. Now that hackers got their hands in the save file data, PD is FINALLY going to work on it. Seems fair for us.

Back in GT5's time, I would've been worried and against this. Now, I don't really give.

How can it be?

1: Illegal.
2: Hacking and modifying content - PD already behind with features and delivery, will make it worse.
3: Destroys the enjoyment for the people who still play online.
I'm not gonna do it, so it doesn't worry me. I'll let others make awesome illegal cars.

Also, I don't join public racing lobbies.

I'm suprised this has only just now been posted, it has been known on that site for at least a couple of days.

Worst thing that could happen to GT6. WIll delay new content as PD will be too busy stopping hackers.

I doubt that the people who model cars and tracks have anything to do with the game's actual programming/savedata algorithms.

I'm hoping that there's a special menu akin to the one in GT5.

One potentially major problem that didn't apply to GT5 is the differences in how PP is calculated in relation to downforce.

True, but knowing PD anything is possible. Lets hope they get this fixed before too long.
I don't think there's even an official editor yet, so I wouldn't worry.

And even if there was an official editor, I wouldn't worry.

I might download it if the special menu has something good to offer (Modificable FOV, better Arcade Mode)

I'd use it to improve my experience and not ruin other people's experiences

Totally agree, man! Maybe there is a hidden menu or something that enables tire and fuel consumption in Arcade, or even better; the ability to choose your opponents. That's what I'm hoping for.

Honestly, wasn't this game already hacked to begin with? Not sure why its suddenly a big deal with this, the flood gates were already open the moment people set about putting ridiculous 1000 hp modifications cars that shouldn't have them. Also, its a PS3. Realistically, how long were we expecting this not to happen?

brace yourselves.jpg

Honestly, wasn't this game already hacked to begin with? Not sure why its suddenly a big deal with this, the flood gates were already open the moment people set about putting ridiculous 1000 hp modifications cars that shouldn't have them. Also, its a PS3. Realistically, how long were we expecting this not to happen?

Those cars were hacked through the game's files, as far as I know, not through the save data.

With the save data it's possible to make an easy to use save editor, and everyone could use it, the hacked cars that existed in the first months could only be owned by people who knew how to modify the game's data, and now everyone could own these cars without knowing a bit of programing

So...does this mean we can't see if someone is hacking online, if they've not upped the power? Like friction mods or RS tires showing as SS tires in lobbies, or in abs0 lobbies with abs on, but not showing up, etc?

So...does this mean we can't see if someone is hacking online, if they've not upped the power? Like friction mods or RS tires showing as SS tires in lobbies, or in abs0 lobbies with abs on, but not showing up, etc?
If it works the same way as GT5, everything you do with a game save editor affects PP with one notable exception - downforce isn't part of PP in GT6. Also any parameters that would normally be visible will still be visible, you can't hide HP, weight, PP oranything else you would normally see about an opponent.

I suspect that the same thing that held true in GT5 will work in GT6 to emilinate all but a handful of hackers. Use the room parameters of HP, weight and PP and any hybrids that do sneak in will fall under the usual PP calculation done by the game - again, excepting downforce.

Back