Gran Turismo 6 Save Data Exposed... Open To Hackers / Modders?

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 470 comments
Ok, thanks for the tip. So, basically the only thing we won't know is if they've increased downfofce beyond what we can? 97T for example. Can only do 2000 on the rear. Could they crank it higher?

So...does this mean we can't see if someone is hacking online, if they've not upped the power? Like friction mods or RS tires showing as SS tires in lobbies, or in abs0 lobbies with abs on, but not showing up, etc?

Its been the case for a while. People can use RedBull SS tires and they show as SS, or grip modifier's that won't show at all. Anybody can edit replay files too, its easy to edit assist, settings, and tires in the replay file. Chances are you've seen one and don't know it.

The difference is once a tool is made and offsets figurred out, anybody can mod cars then go online, it was restricted to CFW and a good majodity stayed offline with modded cars, now that the save is decrypted, anybody can do it. More modded cars will show up online. PD does ban quick.

I argued with the guy about it but he doesn't care, he thinks somehow OFW will stay offline, but I doubt it. He doesn't like me, I think this should of stayed encrypted at least until PD stops adding content through updates. I think its not going to tottaly trash GT6. A few updates may get delayed, a cripler patch released and save modding stuck to an older update, life goes on.

Its hard to tell if a cars been modded or a replay file edited, but there are some things you can look for.

Last edited:
Like PD, for example.

I been wanting GT to be a better game for way too long now. But GT, and the video game industry as a whole is going down the drain. And it's not because of hackers. Might as well enjoy the last years of life that it has left.

It's a mix. The story have various sides.

PD take its time to develop stuff, on its own ways and won't change much.

Hackers want to open all the game for itself, they want to make their experiences, a better one.

But in the middle, there's the people that actually enjoy the game as it is and are only waiting for the next update. Those will be royally screwed with another delay until they can sort this security issue. Modding is part of GT history, since PSX, gameshark etc, but now we're dealing with users accounts, microtransactions, etc... it all gets a lot more complicated.

Like PD, for example.

I been wanting GT to be a better game for way too long now. But GT, and the video game industry as a whole is going down the drain. And it's not because of hackers. Might as well enjoy the last years of life that it has left.
PD wants to develop Gran Turismo into a better game and I'm sure about it. That's why we are all here. But if everyone says "I want this in the game" or "I want that in the game" the things won't continue normally...

I have been into games since 1991 . "Hackers" are as old as computer games. Nothing is ruined.
Personally , if I can easily access to some "hacked" features I will use them to enjoy the game more.

Multiplayer is another issue. No serious racer here ,just enters random rooms to play.. If you play for fun then accept that maybe a stupid hacker will be in.

Regarding money and free cars.. Come on , half this community used the Mercedes VGT car glitch to earn money..When it is a "glitch" it is acceptable , but when it is "hacking" it is bad ? :)

If there is a secret menu that I can select the AI`s cars and other stuff like that I will be playing more than ever.

:) :)

WHY NOW???? :(
Sometimes I believe that most of the people don't want to see Gran Turismo any better...
Yeah, well I guess it's not that they don't want to see GT improve... it's that they don't see GT improve.

Apart from the Senna content (which was delayed but seriously who the **** expected anything else from PD?), the game is largely the same content wise since launch. I bought GT6 on December 6th, 2013 - yes you read that right, that was back when Brazil still thought they had a chance at the WC - and not much has changed. Still the same old catch the rabbit ******** "races".

Yeah, well I guess it's not that they don't want to see GT improve... it's that they don't see GT improve.

Apart from the Senna content (which was delayed but seriously who the **** expected anything else from PD?), the game is largely the same content wise since launch. I bought GT6 on December 6th, 2013 - yes you read that right, that was back when Brazil still thought they had a chance at the WC - and not much has changed. Still the same old catch the rabbit ******** "races".
You're right bro. But hacking the game to take a "revenge" from PD won't improve the condition at all :/

50.000 HP Schwimmwagen with Tank car wheels?
1409592926-1401408880550.gif

But i just hope we're not gonna get big delays :nervous:

50.000 HP Schwimmwagen with Tank car wheels?
1409592926-1401408880550.gif

But i just hope we're not gonna get big delays :nervous:
We can't have anything in this life... We can have:
1) A nice, completed Gran Turismo 6 with some awesome features, or
2) Another ruined Gran Turismo like GT5 with "broken" online, missing features due to delays, and a disappointed community of fans.
Fingers crossed for #1

Last edited:
Man...

You all defending PD is hilarious. Nothing has even happened yet and ya'll blaming hackers for delays, and that PD has so much to go through. Hell, go look at what R* has to deal with on a monthly basis, yet still put out regular-ish updates with content.

I also don't recall hackers being the reason why numerous features that we were promised in December aren't here yet.

Are there really hordes of modders that are ruining online play? Yes, there will be massively overpowered Lupos, but typically those are in the drag rooms or cruise rooms. IMHO - This will get people playing again, win for PD and fun for the avg player.

...and not much has changed. Still the same old catch the rabbit ******** "races".
Did you seriously think that GT6 would be such a big difference to GT5?

Like PD, for example.

Only PD though should decide what gets into their game, not you and not some hacker.

...Multiplayer is another issue. No serious racer here ,just enters random rooms to play.. If you play for fun then accept that maybe a stupid hacker will be in...
Yes, I agree that MP is where people can and will get upset about this. For every person out there who modifies their cars for offline use, there will be five or six antisocials who do the 40,000HP trick because they think it's 'cool'. That is the problem with hacking gamefiles and modding - gaining an unfair advantage, so it is a problem after all.

Man...

You all defending PD is hilarious. Nothing has even happened yet and ya'll blaming hackers for delays, and that PD has so much to go through. Hell, go look at what R* has to deal with on a monthly basis, yet still put out regular-ish updates with content...
Based on what happened in GT5 I think it's a fair concern...

Last edited by a moderator:
Man...

You all defending PD is hilarious. Nothing has even happened yet and ya'll blaming hackers for delays, and that PD has so much to go through. Hell, go look at what R* has to deal with on a monthly basis, yet still put out regular-ish updates with content.

I also don't recall hackers being the reason why numerous features that we were promised in December aren't here yet.
It's not easy to bring anything in time when everyone says "I want this in the game" or "I want that in the game". Also, I don't believe that people by defending PD are hilarious. And besides that, Gran Turismo needs time to get improved. We're talking about Gran Turismo, not Call of Duty or Grand Theft Auto.

Back