Gran Turismo 6 Save Data Exposed... Open To Hackers / Modders?

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 470 comments
There's really no point in getting upset over it. We all knew it was going to happen anyways. I'm personally excited to bring back some of my old GT5 favorites. For those trying to keep things competitive online, make sure you place good restrictions on your rooms. Hopefully PD figured out a way to get rid of negative PP.

Did you seriously think that GT6 would be such a big difference to GT5?

Only PD though should decide what gets into their game, not you and not some hacker.

Yes, I agree that MP is where people can and will get upset about this. For every person out there who modifies their cars for offline use, there will be five or six antisocials who do the 40,000HP trick because they think it's 'cool'. That is the problem with hacking gamefiles and modding - gaining an unfair advantage, so it is a problem after all.

As a 15 year follower and supporter of the series, I have all the right to request what I want in the game, even though to this point I really don't care anymore. I'll just sit here and watch all the drama break lose. Somewhere along the line things will change, weather is for the good or the worse.

Oh, and try to use the multi-quote to avoid double-posting.

Ok, thanks for the tip. So, basically the only thing we won't know is if they've increased downfofce beyond what we can? 97T for example. Can only do 2000 on the rear. Could they crank it higher?
Since aero isn't part of the PP calculation, yes it's most likely that one could increase the aero to any level and you won't be able to tell. In GT5 of course you could add downforce to any car through hybriding, but it increased same as any other car, so you had to add weight and/or decrease HP to compensate so it provided no real advantage on the track. Without aero being a part of GT6 PP calc, it remains to be seen how this will affect open lobbies or TT's for that matter.

I'm just curious, but was it ever confirmed that the save hacking in GT5 actually delayed anything? It would seem that even if it does move a couple employees around, the modelers/artists and and most of the various kinds of programmers would still be doing their jobs involved with new content...

If it's anything like GT5, I'd only find popping wheelstands at 270 mph with the Daihatsu Midget enjoyable for so long before it becomes boring.

Other then that, keeping myself sharp for the road/track is more important than 1,000 mph down Autumn Ring Mini.

I'm just curious, but was it ever confirmed that the save hacking in GT5 actually delayed anything? It would seem that even if it does move a couple employees around, the modelers/artists and and most of the various kinds of programmers would still be doing their jobs involved with new content...
No, it's just hysteria. There's no logical reason to delay content or updates because a tiny minority of players hybrid their cars. I used to regularly race online in GT5 through the height of the hybriding era and never once encountered any kind of wacky hybrid. I think you usually find them in the free run lobbies that have no restrictions and rarely find them in circuit racing rooms with well defined parameters.

...Oh, and try to use the multi-quote to avoid double-posting.
Funny that, as I was multi-quoting at the time...

Also, the other post had happened after I replied - and double-posting is only considered such when a reasonable amount of time has not elapsed, or no other posts have since been made, by other people...there was a two minute gap.

On topic though, fifteen years gives you zero rights to expect anything. Surely, as has been discussed ad nauseum around these forums, the only right you can truly be said to have regarding content, is the right to not buy if it no longer suits your taste.

It is PD's game, their choices. I believe that they do listen to what people ask for - but as also been frequently said, you ain't going to please everyone, so like it or lump it.

Last edited:
Well... Look at GT5 how it was before.
  • Did we have problems with the hackers?
  • Were they that important?
  • Did we get content and features?
Gran Turismo is going to be even more delayed than it was. Unless they close the online lobbies and do the same than the Seasonal Events, set other kind of restrictions that hurts tuners so much, borrowed cars only, there would be no more hackers because no matter what car you have, it will allways be the one that PD chooses.

Meanwhile, Kaz is drying his head for the bucket challenge.

Last edited:
Well, just to state my position after my last post on the subject:

I'm not against the good part, the "tools" that can be discovered, such as the secret menu, that contain features that should be available to us.

I'm against the bad part of it. The billion hp cars, the utter disgrace over the online races with hacked cars, etc, etc.

Many of you may remember this:
Whether it’s been 1000mph Red Bull X2010s and Civics or “realistic” modified cars, the proliferation of cars modified beyond the normal parameters of the game has been meteoric. It made sufficient dents in the Seasonal Event Time Trials that Polyphony altered the events so that they were single vehicle events only and the car was provided rather than coming from the player’s own garage.

Yes this will maybe delay things a bit. Happened with other games and sometimes devs admitted that they will need to fix the exploits first.

Most likely it doesn't mean months or even weeks of extra time but only PD could tell us that. I'd imagine a 1.12 instead of releasing on let's say Monday will release on Friday - this sort of delay.

That is IF PD can fix it. If it's something that can't be fixed at root level but only blocked at game level - aka limiting seasonals to only provided cars etc. then nothing will be delayed at all.

There is one thing in that save file - mileage for all tracks. Why we can't have this (and others already in the game) stat displayed in game ?

Wait! Don't answer. It's - "reasons" ;)

Even the guys over at NGU are considering NOT releasing a OFW version of any garage/save/hybrid editors because they don't want kids with 99999hp civics in the game.

If this is going to be anything like CFW modding, engine swaps won't work. It's only sound swaps in GT6, not full engine swaps. Engines are tied to the body codes. If the creater of the save editor is smart they won't include the hp multiplier like the current CFW tool. Of course, that's not stopping people from figuring out how to decrypt the save them self and finding the offset.

And like ACGreen said, most people on NGU are against an OFW tool (including me), so don't get the idea that people there are trying to push the decrypting of saves.

Modding GT6= Good

Hacking GT6= Bad

Some of you don't make that distinction.

Errr....

Hacking is a prerequisite for modding.... you cannot do the latter without first doing the former.

^This.

To force access to the data is hacking. Modding is achieved by hacking the data for GT6. Difference from a PC sim modding where you are more often than not provided with the code / data to begin with or you create your own from scratch.

Back