Gran Turismo 6 Save Data Exposed... Open To Hackers / Modders?

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 470 comments
Yeah but this one is packed with cars and availible to download. I've built a couple for a friend or 2, as I'm sure many have, but I looked through all the cars on that save, no X1 hyper cars all decent hybrids although its got too many RWD drift car conversions for my taste.

And this is why its impact will be severely limited relative to a public tool for OFW, say. I don't want to use other people's custom rides, I want to make my own. :)

And this is why its impact will be severely limited relative to a public tool for OFW, say. I don't want to use other people's custom rides, I want to make my own. :)

I hear yah, I have CFW to build my own, but a save for OFW might give the OFW guys something to mess with while waiting on a save editor. I dont like dtifting (because I cant maybe) but many do, It seems like no matter your taste there will be a car in it for you.

Do you think I can post the YouTube video?

I hear yah, I have CFW to build my own, but a save for OFW might give the OFW guys something to mess with while waiting on a save editor. I dont like dtifting (because I cant maybe) but many do, It seems like no matter your taste there will be a car in it for you.
Does it have an R35, or Z34 etc. with the X2014 Fan car sound? That'd be my taste given how I've spent today trying to do it in OFW... :dopey:

Does it have an R35, or Z34 etc. with the X2014 Fan car sound? That'd be my taste given how I've spent today trying to do it in OFW... :dopey:

Its got an old school Z car that sounds like it has either the F3 or 97T sound. And a GTR R35 AMS Alpha-12 that's got either the 97T or R10 sound and 1500hp just like the real car

Its got an old school Z car that sounds like it has either the F3 or 97T sound. And a GTR R35 AMS Alpha-12 that's got either the 97T or R10 sound and 1500hp just like the real car
The Z has the Junior / Ralt sound for whatever reason (should have tried the X2014 Standard, or the X2011 for more dirt), and the GTR is the 97T (should have used the X2014 Fan). Looks interesting, actually. :P

I can understand that, and agree that stuff is a bit tricky to catch with certainty.

From the sound of it, you had a few buddies with cars built to a type of spec, how did grip mods exactly mess that up? Just asking, I wouldn't expect a group of buddies racing to have cheater issues unless one of your buddies is a cheat. If its an open lobby, its a tough call. SRF ABS Active Steering all seem to do the same thing, and when I went online and set up races if assist were restricted nobody entered the room. That's what got me off online. Too many talk about no assist drivers etc, but nobody entered no assist rooms, and whenever I would find a good room, I always found drivers with SRF, ABS active steering etc. I refuse to "do what the leaders at the top of the board are doing" if they are winning with assist. So online has not been all that interesting to me.
you should join my rooms i just allow abs1 ;)

People act like they are racing to free their parents from an ISIS beheading. It's just a game. Some people are just not happy unless they have something to be outraged about.
ahha this is way more important than my family getting tortured from ISIS.

Please don't bring it up in this forum section. Please.
Random and unnecessary comparison.

I agree. 👍 It's depressing enough hearing about it in the news, I certainly don't need to be reminded about that crap here. 👎 I come to these forums for enjoyment and as a sort of escape from every day realities, not to be reminded about world problems. :grumpy:

I don't think so. Modding keeps pc GAMES going and not SIM's.
For example in case of GTA its fine(btw iam talking about car mods and stuff like that, not the multiplayer hacks and other stuff...)
In Case of SIM's ? No not really. A SIM "will be going" if the community is good.
For example i was in F1 CH 99-02 from the beginning and it had a few great mods but the community was not so strong, i still played it for years because we were driving with friends in a league but the other online lobbies were empty most of the time.

Another example: rFactor, If iam not wrong, rFactor is a Racing game with the most mods. I think there is a mod for everything in rFactor even a Horse mod :D iam not joking.
But whats going on with rFactor now ? i looked up the servers last week and all were empty , only 2 of them were with players and that were closed lobbies with password.

rFactor 2 ? Its a good game and it has good mods too but its dead, maybe "dead" is a bit to harsh but most of the rFactor drivers are actually driving Assetto Corsa or even Game Stock Car (which is a game based on rFactor).

The Community keeps the SIm going.

Another example: I started with Assetto Corsa 3-4 weeks ago.
The game itself is quite good, but the community , OMG just horrible.
In these 3-4 weeks i already know EVERY good driver in Assetto Corsa's Multiplayer. Less than 10 who are actually playing it. We know each other and if we are online we have great races, but whats up with the other drivers ?
Crashing, driving unrespectful, rules ? what are rules ? coming out of the pit and staying in front of the guy who is actually on a fast lap - dont care.... stuff like that.
So lets immagine Assetto Corsa with 1000 mods, would i play it ? The car itself doesnt matter if you dont have people which you can race with.

The best example: Gran Turismo 5. I played GT 5 nearly every day and i can remmember the first day where i saw a modded car. It was quite fun and the guy who was driving the modded car was quite nice and he sent me one too...
First 1-2 days were fun but then ? I already had a bad feeling because i knew it will destroy the core of this game . RACING. And after that i wasnt really playing GT 5 anymore, i joined a few server just to look if there are new 4329074529045724756235ß6 PS cars and after a week i stoped playing it. I had such great races with Gt 5, bumper to bumper every lap every corner without hiting the car in front of you , just epic races . And all of that was dead.

People who were messing around in GT 5 ( these guys who are crashing all the time) they loved these mods, and the real Sim races left GT and played if offline or played something else...

Thats how i think in case of moding and Sim Racing.
But you are absolutly right if it comes to games like GTA ; )

ps: I am not only talking about the 345235245 HP cars, stuff like : taking a Stock Clio and increasing the Grip level a bit so that your Clio is stock but you have an advantage over your oppenents in online races... It just destroyed everything.

I completely agree, it's the immaturity and trolls that will make or break a game and it's following, not necessarily hacking/modding itself.

I have an excellent video that explains exactly how the community can ruin a game like that...

...But I think it may break the AUP.

Even worse some will steal the tool change a tab name or some dumb ish and release it as a modified, new version or some BS.

I do remember things like that in the good old days.. Names have been involved back then, that still like to claim to have done things since december 2013.
Personally, I won't believe anything about that until I've seen a proper proof. Like, "Code/Program [instead of PIC], or it didn't happen"..
Until that happens, I guess the majority of OFW users is quite save about being disturbed online.

And on a sidenote, PD didn't contact me about savegame security. Not that I would have expected them to do so (like answer any questions in the "Kazunori Yamauchi Q&A" or post some LEGIT stuff in the PIT STOP blog about what the community REALLY wants to know..).

However, my offer for them is still valid :)

PS:

Thank you guys (in this thread) for your support and words on my previous postings in this thread. I highly appreciate that 👍

I know its not in the rules to give links, but if someone can point me in the direction of getting a tool to modify cars, pm me. I miss being able to change wheels on some race cars.

I know its not in the rules to give links, but if someone can point me in the direction of getting a tool to modify cars, pm me. I miss being able to change wheels on some race cars.

It can't be done unless you have a PS3 with CFW. If that's not an issue for you, then Google "NGU", you'll find the help you need there.

I think the reason of some people hacking the game: I think that the hackers want the engine swaps to be legal... They want PD to put engine swaps feature and to put the ability to paint all cars with colours of their preference.

To PD, to the readers of this forum, or to anybody who thinks modders are ruining peoples online gaming...

Trust me when I say this, if the GT series had engine and tranny swaps with the supporting parts to go with them since GT1 was released. Allowed any car to be painted any color and be able to remove the livery and decals from any car. T Gave us the ability to use any wheel set from any other car on any car. With the ability to have a visual ride height setting outside of what settings affect handling. And had a option to save and use gear ratio specs from other cars and apply them to the adjustable trannys that you buy in the tuning parts section. There would be no reason to hack or save mod and we wouldn't be having this convo right now.

If these things were already in game these so called bothersome hackers would barely exist. The only people left modding and hacking would people doing unrealistic HP mods and people who's sole purpose is to cheat the seasonal's and time trails. And we all would be working together to stop those people instead of arguing over is it right to mod.

The way to do it is have the engine/tranny swaps effect pp. Only allow them to be done to cars that have simular drive trains. For example FR cars can only use FR engine and tranny swaps for obvious reasons I don't think I should have to explain why. And the list of these possible project cars that can have these swaps, and mods have to be bought as "project cars" from the junkyard dealer as bare shells. And add Project car to the Premium and Standard car classes.

That way if these all were in game already the people who don't want project cars in there lobbies or deal with the same car they have not being as good as the project car version, and felt it unfair. Could just hit a option to not allow project cars along with the rest of the lobby settings.

And personally after me playing GT series games for pretty much 17 years now. It has always amazed me why PD never thought of this and included that in any of the GT series games?????

If you wanted these features in the game, and you knew you wouldn't have it, then why did you buy it to begin with?

If you wanted these features in the game, and you knew you wouldn't have it, then why did you buy it to begin with?

I am not here to argue about it as its obvious why people do what they do. Same reason you replied to my post knowing it wouldn't change my mind or others minds because I want to. Same reason people who don't like modding and hacking buy games knowing darn well its going to happen at some point. Because I like to play the game when I don't have time to hit my local track. It may not be perfect IMO but its close enough and with be alot better with a few more options for adjustment real cars would have. I personally like the GT series because of how realistic it is but unfortunately for some die hard car guys like myself some realistic things cars about didn't make it to the game. End of the day the facts are facts like it or not people do it and are interested in doing it because it brings options you should already have not already there. And its obviously in the realm of possiblity of the programming, the data and values are there. Its just not a way to change those values without a editor or CFW. The problem obviously is other than Kaz there aren't many real car enthusiast in PD who made the game. Which is very obvious if you look at how many cars there are in the game that are unsessesary duplicates, have wrong desciptions, and the sound bites associated with some cars.

Who ever can take what I replied in my previous post or this one as facts and accept them and work together to see if they can get fixed by the time gt7 drops. Or you can dismiss it but end of the day if people want hackers and modding to stop on GT series game. They will work together to fix and add these options or expect the cpu savy people to do it. And either way somebody isn't going to be happy and is going to complain.

And on that note that's enough internet for me today

A lot of people pre-ordered and didn't want to cancel.

They only announced that the features were actually going to be future update 1 or 2 weeks before release IIRC.

Not everybody browses the PD site so they wouldn't of even known until they had the game in their PS3.

A lot of people pre-ordered and didn't want to cancel.

They only announced that the features were actually going to be future update 1 or 2 weeks before release IIRC.

Not everybody browses the PD site so they wouldn't of even known until they had the game in their PS3.
Then they also wouldn't have known about the features, because the same people that reported "these features will be in GT6" will have followed up with "these features might not be in for launch" months before release, followed up with "these features will be added in a future update, and these won't be in at all" not long after that. Check the news page on this site, for example.

Also, if you (proverbial) don't live in the USA, the features weren't on the back of the box, so...

I tend to check up on a game before ordering, and I don't generally pre-order (and then subsequently forget about it...) - it's what some people might like to pass off as "common sense", if such a thing existed.

At the end of the day, it's your money, so you should look after it! Obviously retailers are going to want to take your pre-order and use it as leverage for something or other in lieu of actual cash (because they shouldn't take money until the game actually releases), but if you can't be bothered to cancel it when a game isn't turning out how you like, why should anyone else get the blame? Or should PD have gone 'round to everyone's house and delivered a bulletin? :P

Back