Gran Turismo 7 April 2026 Update: Renault Twingo, Porsche 964 Turbo S, Yangwang U9, Power Pack Changes, Reverse 'Ring Circuit Experience

  • Thread starter Thread starter mastretta_mx
  • 630 comments
  • 111,821 views
Is it pretty much confirmed that this isn't a Ruf? Would be a shame tbh...We already have 3 911s from the 1990s. The 1992 964 Carrera RS and then two almost identical 993s with the only slight difference being weight.
 
Last edited:
Going a bit offtopic here but I've noticed a growing group of Gran Turismo fans who only cares about modern GT3 cars and nothing else. No other race cars (especially the classic ones), no road cars, just Gr.3 cars and (maybe Gr.4s?).

Even during GT Sport days, i felt like people still cared about having a variety of cars. What happened? Did the esport focus make a shift in playerbase interests? I know the developers are somewhat neglecting adding modern race cars into GT7 but I don't see anyone complaining about not adding Le Man Hypercars or stockcars for example. It's only just GT3s they talk about.

Anyways, i like that they added the Twingo into the game. I also hope that's a RUF rather than just a "regular" Porsche. As for that fast EV car, i don't realy have interests in modern super/hyper cars even from legacy brands, let alone an EV from a newer brand. That said, at least it's better than yet another crossover like the other updates.
 
Going a bit offtopic here but I've noticed a growing group of Gran Turismo fans who only cares about modern GT3 cars and nothing else. No other race cars (especially the classic ones), no road cars, just Gr.3 cars and (maybe Gr.4s?).

Even during GT Sport days, i felt like people still cared about having a variety of cars. What happened? Did the esport focus make a shift in playerbase interests? I know the developers are somewhat neglecting adding modern race cars into GT7 but I don't see anyone complaining about not adding Le Man Hypercars or stockcars for example. It's only just GT3s they talk about.

Anyways, i like that they added the Twingo into the game. I also hope that's a RUF rather than just a "regular" Porsche. As for that fast EV car, i don't realy have interests in modern super/hyper cars even from legacy brands, let alone an EV from a newer brand. That said, at least it's better than yet another crossover like the other updates.
I've also noticed that and it's very annoying, tbh. Gran Turismo has always been about variety and moaning incessantly about lack of modern GT3 and GT4 just seems strange. Why not just play Rennsport or PMR? Granted, they don't have Ferrari and they don't have the complete field but it's close enough.
I, for one, am really pleased and impressed that PD have managed to add the Yangwang U9 Xtreme so quickly to GT and have expanded their manufacturer repertoire. I'm not a massive fan of EVs but it's inclusion can be seen to be very legitimate since it does hold the top speed record and the EV record on the Nurburgring.
 
I´m most excited about the Twingo, since it was my first car 😁 Curious to see what kind of engine swaps and modifications we will get for it. The Porsche will be a fun thing to play around with in any configuration.
As for the X9: well I´ll test its high speed on XXSR and that will be it for that car. I´ll just buy it to keep a 100% garage score🙄
The first thing I thought about a hypothetical swap for the Twingo is an attempt of referencing Rauh Racing's rejected N24 entry. This means a 2-liter NA I4, so that might not happen until, say, the Clio Williams or Clio R.S. '11 (from GT6) is added.
 
Last edited:
Going a bit offtopic here but I've noticed a growing group of Gran Turismo fans who only cares about modern GT3 cars and nothing else. No other race cars (especially the classic ones), no road cars, just Gr.3 cars and (maybe Gr.4s?).

Even during GT Sport days, i felt like people still cared about having a variety of cars. What happened? Did the esport focus make a shift in playerbase interests? I know the developers are somewhat neglecting adding modern race cars into GT7 but I don't see anyone complaining about not adding Le Man Hypercars or stockcars for example. It's only just GT3s they talk about.

Anyways, i like that they added the Twingo into the game. I also hope that's a RUF rather than just a "regular" Porsche. As for that fast EV car, i don't realy have interests in modern super/hyper cars even from legacy brands, let alone an EV from a newer brand. That said, at least it's better than yet another crossover like the other updates.
Sports initial marketing poised itself as a game flubbing off old fans in favour of an eSports focused competitive racer. They quickly backtracked but I think it has done quite a lot of lasting damage to the community where older members were turned away and didn't bother coming back, replaced with people only interested in Sport Mode wondering why the game is neglecting the mode that their interest was originally based around.

Not sure what they can do about it beyond rip Sport Mode out of GT8 entirely and have a simpler and more casual orientated online system like the PS3 games.
 
It sort of does, the PSSR 2 option in the PS5 system menu will automatically make GT7 use that new model instead of PSSR 1, but it's not a native patch. It's quite good as is, I think really the only things that it needs is some cleanup for things like ray traced reflections (beyond the usual speckle they have, the system-level PSSR 2 struggles with them in GT7).
And I'd probably point the blame for RT issues at PD's RT denoiser rather than PSS2. You can see this really obviously in GT Auto on wheels, especially anything chrome or similar. We're seeing the same "boiling" or "fizzing" without PSSR on.
 
Kangoo
Avantime
205 GTI
Citroen BX
Captur
2008
Twingo

You could run an entirely French Sunday Cup just from 2025-26 update cars now. Definitely an area of the car roster that has been filled out a lot recently (and unexpectedly!).
 
I hope the Shanghai GP Circuit is in this update?
Who cares, I’m tired of GT7 because the cars are bad and no new tracks.
Quite some character development in half a day.

All of GT7's cars are bad? All 562 of them? We also got two new tracks in December, and given the general rate of two per year you'll likely be waiting a while for the next.
 
All of GT7's cars are bad? All 562 of them?
I think/hope that he was only talking about the cars in the update 😅
 
Sports initial marketing poised itself as a game flubbing off old fans in favour of an eSports focused competitive racer. They quickly backtracked but I think it has done quite a lot of lasting damage to the community where older members were turned away and didn't bother coming back, replaced with people only interested in Sport Mode wondering why the game is neglecting the mode that their interest was originally based around.

Not sure what they can do about it beyond rip Sport Mode out of GT8 entirely and have a simpler and more casual orientated online system like the PS3 games.
I would also add:

-Covid Pandemic brought a lot o attention to sims, specially those with GT3 cars
-New gens just care about road hypercars with + 1,000 hp and doing under 2 secs 0-100/0-60, any car under those number is "boring and slow".
-The "simracer" Max Verstappen effect.

And I agree in those terms PD is in a position that anything they change/add to the games is going to bring heat to them
 
I just realized - this is the first time a car coming to GT will top the Tomahawk X’s power output, and somehow this time it’s a real car. :eek:
 
And I'd probably point the blame for RT issues at PD's RT denoiser rather than PSS2. You can see this really obviously in GT Auto on wheels, especially anything chrome or similar. We're seeing the same "boiling" or "fizzing" without PSSR on.
It’s definitely got issues but with PSSR 2 (and maybe PSSR 1) there’s speckles on the reflection that almost look like aliasing, which you don’t get with PSSR off. For sure though their RT is noisy, hopefully a PSSR 2 patch or GT8 could fix this.
 
Last edited:
It's also happened very quickly. When GT Sport was released and they started the VGT programme, I'm sure many people (myself included) were thinking the hp numbers were nothing more than fantasy. At best, something in the distant future.
Then 7 years later we get the Yangwang U9 Xtreme.
 
I stand corrected. I'm guessing though that not many made the cut in GT6?
Quite the opposite, a majority of sport's VGTs were from 6

But in terms of the upcoming cars, to swerve back on topic a little.... yeah the U9 is insanity...here's hoping it's brakes work
 
Last edited:
VGTs began in GT6, not sport
Although not a VGT, the first fictional concept car created by the third party (not Polyphony) specifically for inclusion in Gran Turismo was in GT4, with the Nike One.

That was the only appearance of that car, but the GT by Citroen came in GT5 (also not a VGT). But these cars were in many ways the precursors to the VGT program.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Going a bit offtopic here but I've noticed a growing group of Gran Turismo fans who only cares about modern GT3 cars and nothing else. No other race cars (especially the classic ones), no road cars, just Gr.3 cars and (maybe Gr.4s?).

Even during GT Sport days, i felt like people still cared about having a variety of cars. What happened? Did the esport focus make a shift in playerbase interests? I know the developers are somewhat neglecting adding modern race cars into GT7 but I don't see anyone complaining about not adding Le Man Hypercars or stockcars for example. It's only just GT3s they talk about.
Really this conversation is starting up again, the gt3s (and gr4) have road car counter parts and people can connect to those more than the hypercars and lmdhs, plus our crop of gt3s need updating have since gt sport(less so now than before) and those seem to be the only cars that pd are willing to update since our only hypercar is the first version of the gr010. As for the post you see theyre probably just people getting the cars they wanted like the 296 gt3, 911 gt3 and the Elantra tcr now pivoting to the next car they like so it just seems like it's more people when it's just the same amount.

I've also noticed that and it's very annoying, tbh. Gran Turismo has always been about variety and moaning incessantly about lack of modern GT3 and GT4 just seems strange. Why not just play Rennsport or PMR? Granted, they don't have Ferrari and they don't have the complete field but it's close enough.
Because the people that want them like to play Gran Turismo and the part of the game pd pushes uses gt3s 99% of the time and correct me if I'm wrong but pmr and rennsport and even acc(unless you're on PC using templates) don't have a complex livery editor correct so that also adds individuality aspect into it so you can be you and set yourself apart from everyone else that would run irl liveries of teams they support or a rammer livery
 
You know... Only now im thinking about how the PP rating on the U9 is going to be real weird. 3000hp but the weight of a pickup truck will probably make for a PP rating that suggest a higher performance level than what it actually has.
 
You know... Only now im thinking about how the PP rating on the U9 is going to be real weird. 3000hp but the weight of a pickup truck will probably make for a PP rating that suggest a higher performance level than what it actually has.
I think it's always going to be tricky when it comes to PP ratings because how do you really judge how a particular car would perform? I'm going to take a wild guess and put it at around the 800 mark.
 
If you want the latest and greatest GT3/4 or LMP/Hyper car, GT7 isn’t the game you should be playing.

I’m still buzzing for the Twingo! Can’t wait until the update drops!
IMG_1071.webp
I had to… 😅
 
Although not a VGT, the first fictional concept car created by the third party (not Polyphony) specifically for inclusion in Gran Turismo was in GT4, with the Nike One.

That was the only appearance of that car, but the GT by Citroen came in GT5 (also not a VGT). But these cars were in many ways the precursors to the VGT program.
If my memory serves, the GT by Citroën actually debuted in GTPSP in 2009.
 
Going a bit offtopic here but I've noticed a growing group of Gran Turismo fans who only cares about modern GT3 cars and nothing else. No other race cars (especially the classic ones), no road cars, just Gr.3 cars and (maybe Gr.4s?).
I think it's just a very loud and, sometimes, extremely annoying minority of the player base.

Most people outside of this forum, reddit and some Youtuber's comment sections don't ever touch Sport mode. Check out the percentage (11.1% on PS5) of people who have earned the Sport mode debut trophy and see for yourself.
 
Last edited:
Who cares, I’m tired of GT7 because the cars are bad and no new tracks.
There are so many ways in which GT7 is stale now. When “updates” come there is hope it will make the game fresh. But a Twingo won’t do that unless you’re some kind of weirdo who picked up GT to drive economy cars. Yes the franchise was never just about sports cars only but the goal of gameplay has always been to make credits and buy faster better cars, so it’s no surprise there is ridicule when PD adds a Twingo when so many modern road cars are missing.
The community seems split in people that complain about that and others who don’t. I understand both, but let’s stop talking down on people complaining because PD could do better, they just don’t have to and that’s both a blessing and a curse for the franchise
 
Back