Gran Turismo 7 Bug Reports

That's not a bug, it's a feature. The SSS should have turbo lag, it's part of the fun!
It should still spit flames and everything like it does when BoP is turned off. All turbo noises and flames are gone when BoP is on.

I found a bug:

In Custom Races, you can no longer adjust the 'Rolling Start Interval' and it defaults to the minimum of 15m, which leads to each race starting with a nose-to-tail train of cars...
I believe it has done that since launch...they've just never acknowledged it as an issue so it's never been fixed. Any time I have tried to adjust it it keeps going to the minimum setting.

Last edited:
and there are many such errors with textures, especially on the steering wheels when the fingers pass through the steering wheel rim. e.g. when shifting gears. PD not attentive to details

Attachments

• 2022-08-28_235742.jpg
    2022-08-28_235742.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 21
There is something wrong with the tire wear on the Le Mans LP700 Race i had with my BMW M3´03/Z4 Engine almost no Tire degradation, it was around 10% after 7 Laps and now after 3 Laps it was around 50% for the Fronts and 60% at the Rears.
And the strangstest thing the i switched to the Inters after a light Rain the Track was 50/55% Wet and the Inters had almost no Tire wear in the first Lap after the Stop in Lap 2 with the Inters on a almost dry Track(15% Wet) was the Tire wear at the End of the Race around 10%
You can see from this preupdate vid that at the Le Mans 700 the tyre wear is minimal and handling is consistent.Under hard braking the car is stable,but now its all over the place like a madwomans ****!I have also notice a big increase in time penalties gaine post update,its not down to lack of Track knowledge either.

Anyone else notice that the glare slider in the photo modes doesn't seem to do anything anymore? I was trying to take a photo of a race and when I slid the glare down to -100 it didn't make any difference. Today was the first time this has happened.

Not sure if this is happening to anyone else ,but I bought the Dior De Tomaso. It does not show the blue book icon to show I’ve bought it however the MP4 does see pic .
The Dior Mangusta isn't a separate car, it's more like the regular Mangusta with a style and fixed race suit.

I noticed a bug when doing time trial today.

After you back out to the "race" menu after the time trial session, change settings, and go out on track again, the miles you accumulated from the previous session will be dropped.

The refuel/lap counter bug is alive and well it has not been fixed as previously reported I just ran F1 prototype race at Daytona and I ran out of fuel because I believe the marker was fixed, ran it again and saw the marker jump when I was in the pits when the lap counter turned over.

Last edited:
I feel there is story to tell here, please share.
Ever lapped the AI? They ignore basic racing etiquette.

The search feature for styles is bugged. If I search for “Greddy” and there isn’t one for that car, then I change the search parameters, it keeps showing no results. Even though there are plenty of liveries for that car under the new parameters.

Is it just me or has the Tyre Wear rate greatly increased since today's update?
Prior to today's update I could do the Watkins Glen WTC 800 on 1 set of Hard tyres...today they were around 75% worn after just 5 laps!
I would guess that what they have done with - Adjusted the simulation for tyre heat generation and wear ratio - has almost doubled the tyre wear ratio.

I think it's increased, but its effect is not as great. In other words, you don't drive on ice until the bars are pretty much fully red.

Last edited:
Probably not an issue with the game itself but on my end, I installed an internal SSD on my base PS4 Slim and after installing DBFZ and GTA 5 + all of its updates, seeing everything working nicely and much faster than before, I'm now running into problems installing GT7.

Namely, how hilariously long its taking to install the game, in my screen its saying there is 15 hours left(and this number is increasing), I only got 15gb installed so far...out of 42gb left.

I already disconnected the external HDD I have and disconnected the internet connection too

I don't know what else is going on, my SSD has over 700gb of free space left so there is more than enough for this game + the updates(which will come later after this game is installed).

why is This taking too damn long? Overheating? My PS4 has been pretty quiet though.

I'm open to suggestions, GTA 5 works incredibly well on my SSD and took less than a minute to install and the updates took about two hours, I want to play GT7 with the same SSD and see if there are improvements.

Maybe I should just stop installing by now to let my SSD rest a little...Is this even a thing?

Last edited:
Probably not an issue with the game itself but on my end, I installed an internal SSD on my base PS4 Slim and after installing DBFZ and GTA 5 + all of its updates, seeing everything working nicely and much faster than before, I'm now running into problems installing GT7.

Namely, how hilariously long its taking to install the game, in my screen its saying there is 15 hours left(and this number is increasing), I only got 15gb installed so far...out of 42gb left.

I already disconnected the external HDD I have and disconnected the internet connection too

I don't know what else is going on, my SSD has over 700gb of free space left so there is more than enough for this game + the updates(which will come later after this game is installed).

why is This taking too damn long? Overheating? My PS4 has been pretty quiet though.

I'm open to suggestions, GTA 5 works incredibly well on my SSD and took less than a minute to install and the updates took about two hours, I want to play GT7 with the same SSD and see if there are improvements.

Maybe I should just stop installing by now to let my SSD rest a little...Is this even a thing?
Alright, 30 minutes later and it's at 16gb installed and it says 16 hours left to go.

I ejected the disk and switched off my console, I'll let it rest for an hour or two and see where it picks off the next time I turn it on and out the disk back in again.

I guess, at this rate, I will have to let my console install 1gb per day until the base game is installed...And then, the updates.

Oh lord...

The two fully customisable transmissions for the Boss 429 - the Manual and Racing - are both manual, making them completely identical.

Pontiac Trans am front light bezels. Re-Paint this car and the bezels default to gold. Sick of making liveries that need gold included so the car does not look mismatched. Knit picking I know.

Minor gripe(and we know PD just love to fix those minor gripes). I wouldn’t mind if PD rectify the AI tyre glitch.

What happens is, during a pit stop, when AI are switching from a wet tyre to dry, the AI will select RS compound. That’s nice, but I haven’t purchased RS tyres for any of the cars I’ve assigned to the AI. This has been a thing for months. As well as the AI defaulting to standard tyres after haveing been fitted with a specific compound while building a car.

If PD have time to rectify lime green on a brake calliper, they could also press the button that fixes the tyre glitches.

It makes no sense to me to use a BoP and then allow tuning (which applying wide body is). You're basically moving the goal posts...
What if players want to run race tuned cars set up for specific tracks, but complete within the BOP restrictions?

What if players want to run race tuned cars set up for specific tracks, but complete within the BOP restrictions?
A BoP is not a set of restrictions, it's a fixed state of each car. Any deviation from this state would get the BoP out of whack and defeat its purpose.

If you are applying a setup to your car, it's safe to assume it will make your car faster. Otherwise why would you do it? If it makes your car faster then it will be faster than the other cars in the BoP using the default setup. Different cars have different potential to be made better by altering their setup - some cars simply have better default setups. So, by allowing setups in a BoP, you will, by definition, allow some cars to gain more performance than others, therefore rendering the BoP useless.

The two fully customisable transmissions for the Boss 429 - the Manual and Racing - are both manual, making them completely identical.
They are not identical, the racing transmissions with shift faster than the manual customizable transmission, it is noticeable...

Ok! My understanding was that BoP only sets the BHP and the weight and would allow still allow setups.

Seems like you are saying it looks everything down!

Why does the Lobby screen allow me to select Bop “on” and then tuning “unlimited/prohibited”

What it if want a lobby that allows setup adjustment of the gearbox and suspension, but not allow people to run 700bhp in a road car?

They are not identical, the racing transmissions with shift faster than the manual customizable transmission, it is noticeable...
If that was the case, the PP value would change between them. Instead, they are completely identical. What you're feeling is just placebo.

Hi,

I bought the De Tomaso in the Legendary shop. The credits are gone, the car is not in my collection. To me this is a serious bug when the in-game shop just swallows your credits.

Is this the right place to post it? Anyone else having the problem? How to contact GT7 support, which appears to be inexistent?

I tried to get support from Playstation support, but they send me after more than a week of email ping pong to Polyphony Digital without any contact details.

Summary:
1.000.000 credits gone
no cars received
no support by Playstation Support
no PD support contact found

I bought the De Tomaso in the Legendary shop. The credits are gone, the car is not in my collection.
The "Dior" Mangusta does not appear as a separate vehicle in the Car Collection screen - and it has no "blue book" icon in the Legends Cars dealer shop - however it will be in your garage.

Twice, by the looks of it, if you've spent a million credits.

How to contact GT7 support, which appears to be inexistent?
Yeah, there isn't any. PlayStation should handle all support for Gran Turismo, as the game's publisher, but outside of certain issues there's not a lot of resolution.

They have been directing people here, to GTPlanet, despite the fact we're an independent media site and not affiliated with any game developer or publisher of any kind, even for certain technical issues.

The "Dior" Mangusta does not appear as a separate vehicle in the Car Collection screen - and it has no "blue book" icon in the Legends Cars dealer shop - however it will be in your garage.
Hi Famine,

Thanks for the reply. I am not looking for the "blue marker". I am looking in my garage and it looks like this:
IMG_7762.jpeg

I am looking in my garage and it looks like this:
That's the Car Collection; it does not appear there whether you own it or not.

Nobody knows why, but it also doesn't have a blue book icon (which denotes the Car Collection page) in Legends Cars to show you own it:

1662994642378.png

Shuffle across to "Change Car" and you'll find it there, as "Mangusta (Christian Dior)":
1662994408305.png

Latest Posts

Back