Gran Turismo 7 Bug Reports

After re-installing the game, all my replays are gone. What a joke.
Everything that's not sent to PDs servers gets wiped.
I once re-installed GT5 or 6 and all my stuff was gone, I wasn't too happy either :scared:

On the other hand, from the known issues:
There have been cases wherein the App hangs [...]. Deleting and re-installing 'Gran Turismo 7' might fix those issues. Please note that any Replays, Scapes Photos, and Race Photos that have not been shared in 'Showcase' will be lost after uninstalling the game. (Only Replays up to 200MB in size can be shared.)

Last edited:
This just happened to me with the WTC800 at Watkins Glen. I just closed down the game and restarted. I did not try the race again.
The same thing happened to me after 15 laps on Saradonga(?), 800 PP race. Waites 10 minutes and then "forced close", I think I sent an efror report. Did not start the game to see if I gog the money.

This feels like something they should hotfix immediately when found, and publish a 1.23.2 or something.

Don’t know if its a fluke but twice today after doing the 30 min Le Mans race I mashed the X button after finishing the race and it’s not hung.

Last edited:
It appears that as well as decoupling PP from the suspension and diff settings (as declared in the changelog)... the telemetry statistics for max G, understeer/oversteer stability etc also now don't change when adjusting suspension.

This is frustrating as it was pretty much the whole purpose of the statistics, which I found a welcome upgrade in GT7. Please fix this PD!

They can't even update the game without messing up multiple other things. 😒 I am 100% convinced no one actually plays Gran Turismo 7 at Polyphony Digital or maybe it's just one person who is tasked with that job and they are afraid to hurt the feelings of their associates or be fired for being too negative. They need to get their 💩 together because the game has so much potential. Maybe GT7 is like the state GT5 would have been released in if it didn't get so many delays. 🤔

On the other hand, from the known issues:
For some reason that's been taken off the known issues now and the bug from this update has been added

Known Issues [UPDATED: 30 September]​

The following is a list of known issues for Gran Turismo 7.

Application Error/Progression Blocker
 - In certain Race Events, the application crashes on the Rewards and Rating screen, preventing any further progression.

It's all race events, not certain ones. I am crashing after each race...

For some reason that's been taken off the known issues now and the bug from this update has been added
Meanwhile in a lobby race today I appeared as completely invisible to someone. I was just a flying nametag :lol:

After the most recent patch I was only able to complete the Silvia races. Now after that every race crashes or freezes at the credits and milage earned screen. This is beyond frustrating, I love playing GT7, but I'm not going to close out and restart the game after every single d*** race. I really hope there will be a hot patch this week to fix this issue!!! >:^(

Update, now same issues as everyone else it seems, WTC 800 at Watkins Glen black screen but restart game and got my roulette ticket and points. Also my Lexus RC F Gt500 '16 PP changed from 800 from previous tune changed to 817.89, what's up with that? Did they reconfigure something to change that also in the update? See we got a new race at Trial Mountain too.

Last edited:
[PS4 Slim] I can do only the "small" races like the 5 lap Truck Race at Daytona. 30 min Le Mans or the new 800pp Tokyo race end with the same error after freezing between result and reward screen. I'm curious if PD waits tilll the next regular update or if they fix it earlier. So they can sell their microtransactions. Crashing after each longer race isn't the best treatment for the console.

After every race I do, I mash the X button as soon as the race finishes and the game doesn’t crash don’t know if it’s a fluke or not anyone else care to try this.

Seeing all these issues with crashing, the glitch I found seems like small potatoes. Good lord this game is a mess.

Toyota Aqua's ECU limiter is completely broken.
20221001_185303.jpg
20221001_185312.jpg
20221001_185319.jpg

Last edited:
This is realy getting annoying, after each grind race have to reboot GT7 on PS4, I think I'll leavr it off until they patched it, you still get paid, but with those loading times on the PS4....naaah 🤣

Hello everyone,
As we all know the ce-700181 error message occured when trying to join lobbies (this was around the first couple of weeks when the game released). Me and my friend could play for the last couple of days with no problems whatsoever for hours. Now all of a sudden since yesterday when we try to open a lobby ourselve and join eachother the ce-700181 error message occurs again. So i figured to post it here as the bug again (or still is) in the game. After several things tried out but nothing working maybe we have some luck and someone maybe has a solution for this problem.. since joining rando lobbies is a pain in the a.. due to admin rights not transferring.

Thanks in advance!

Game froze in the pre-race screen, Sport mode Race B. No error nothing, just everything on screen frozen for a good 5-10 minutes. I had to close GT7.

It gets worse with every update. It's giving me Cyberpunk vibes.

The new Silvia is bugged. The only car where the manual H transmission doesn’t work. It seems like it is a sequential transmission. 👎🏼 and no, it is not my wheel.

Yesterday I experienced a bug with refueling.
I had under a lap of fuel remaining and didn't need new tires, so I selected "Don't Change" but instead of bringing up the fuel menu, it completely skipped it. My car would auto drive into my put lane, briefly park itself, then take off without letting me do anything. My pit crew probably thought I was an idiot lol
I ended up getting 4th place because I didn't have enough fuel to do another full lap of Sarthe and had to coast at 50MPH the rest of the way.

Last edited:
Has the Lago Maggiore bug been mentioned before, dunno if it's just appeared in 1.23 but anyway.......Just before the double right hander near the end of the lap (roughly where you'd get your last split time) there is a lay-by if you turn into it and stop facing the wall/barrier, put your foot on the brake and rev the car out it jumps you from there to just before the start line. If you get it right you can knock 10 secs off your laptime.
And the other bug I've noticed is in private lobbies if you have to restart a race for some reason (you had to kick someone for example), even if everyone presses red x it still says 'race in progress' and you can't do anything other than close the lobby and start a new one.

Yesterday I experienced a bug with refueling.
I had under a lap of fuel remaining and didn't need new tires, so I selected "Don't Change" but instead of bringing up the fuel menu, it completely skipped it. My car would auto drive into my put lane, briefly park itself, then take off without letting me do anything. My pit crew probably thought I was an idiot lol
I ended up getting 4th place because I didn't have enough fuel to do another full lap of Sarthe and had to coast at 50MPH the rest of the way.
Do you use X to shift? I’ve seen people commenting on here before that they inadvertently hit x to shift just at the wrong time!!

Custom race at Dragon Trail Seaside with Gr3 BoP.

After the race starts, a number of the cars on the track become transparent during gameplay. They are still physically present on the track, as they will collide with other vehicles, but they appear transparent like lap ghosts. They only look like this during gameplay; they are not ghosts during the replays. There is no apparent pattern to which vehicles look like ghosts and which appear normally.
ADBD34F3-5201-4690-9EE7-EE518003F752.jpeg
29B615F0-1542-4015-BEA2-30384A88DA8E.jpeg

To chime in with the races crashing, the endurance ones that is.

It happened to me for some reason on the WTC 700 championship race, Trial mountain.

Rebooted the game, still got the credits, and the tourney continued without a hitch afterwards.

Just done the world touring car 700 30 min race at Le Mans twice and both times after the race has finished it has hung after the results screen, however the race rewards are give after closing down the game and restarting it. I was using a controller to play today.Did uninstalling and reinstalling the game work ?
The only time this happened to me was when I had like a minute worth of penalities and after 5 minutes the results came back with my “final” position in the race whenever I finished 1st, ended up getting last place for goofing around the last lap.

My screen was black for 5 minutes and then the results came, it’s like the game was computing my added on mistakes 🤣

It appears that as well as decoupling PP from the suspension and diff settings (as declared in the changelog)... the telemetry statistics for max G, understeer/oversteer stability etc also now don't change when adjusting suspension.

This is frustrating as it was pretty much the whole purpose of the statistics, which I found a welcome upgrade in GT7. Please fix this PD!
Yes, I am finding this to be an absolute pain when trying to tune a car now...why did they have to do this.

If this is all about the Tomahawk tuning exploit, then simply stop people being able to use specific cars and give us back our tuning stats!

To chime in with the races crashing, the endurance ones that is.

It happened to me for some reason on the WTC 700 championship race, Trial mountain.

Rebooted the game, still got the credits, and the tourney continued without a hitch afterwards.
This just happened to me too...how to they manage to break these things in the first place is beyond me
It also happened after every race in the World GT Series championship...ended up taking about 2hrs to complete it...

After re-installing the game, all my replays are gone. What a joke.
Unfortunately, PD/Sony do not advise this fact very well...that uninstalling GT7 will also delete all your replays, race photos and scapes (unless they have been shared)...the pain of this game being online only.

Last edited:
And for the first time I'm sitting in the black loading screen after launching the game. It's been over 10 minutes now. Still the GT logo spinning and the blinking saving rectangle at the bottom of the screen. What should I do? Close GT7? Doesn't this causes more problems?

And for the first time I'm sitting in the black loading screen after launching the game. It's been over 10 minutes now. Still the GT logo spinning and the blinking saving rectangle at the bottom of the screen. What should I do? Close GT7? Doesn't this causes more problems?
Just close and restart the game.

Back