Gran Turismo 7 Bug Reports

jpl
Ferrari 458 09 tuned, wet and rh tires. Lower to PP limit and you'll always win by 1 minute or so with 1 or 2 pits depending on weather and the clock (depending on your lead you might be able to do a slow 6th lap but normally a 7th required pushing the overall time to around 31mins). Just let the car age, never needs oil change or engine rebuild
I tried this but can't fathom how you can win by such a margin in that car. It can only do 2 full laps with the amount of fuel it can carry, and that's using 6/Lean fuel map. That means a 3 stop strategy against the AI doing 1... not sure how you can possibly win with that.

-

The Race Photo bug that I thought was now resolved sadly is not resolved. It's not happened for a while, but the game freezes (PS4 Slim) when completing the 'rendering' step and the game has to be closed.

I know the bug is worse for race settings that include more cars and/or effects, and this shot was taken with dappled light on the car i.e. as it passed under trees at Le Sarthe.

Last edited:
Not sure how rampant this bug is, but over the weekend I noticed in lobbies that certain drivers (about 50%) had tire&fuel wear on during practice while others did not.

The lobby settings were set to no wear, but the same guys always had wear during practice while in race the wear was gone. This happened over several races and the solution was to leave and rejoin.

Rollcage is not visible from chase cam or in replays on my S13 K’s, but it is visible in cockpit cam and in menus.

Brake Zone areas need to be re-calibrated, they are coming up short in a lot of different tracks. Mostly noticeable in current Daily C, if you were to brake at the beginning edge of the red zone at turn one you will be sliding off in the kitty litter every time

What a weird bug was this...

Circuit de la Sarthe, World Touring Car 700 with Nissan GTR' 17.
Last lap (7th), I am in P1 just before the first chicane, and the cars in P2-3-4 enter the Pits. The rest of the cars keep racing.
I continue my race and when I almost finish the Indianapolis straight, I realize (looking at the course map) that some cars are almost still, and the others move very slowly. Watching the replay, I saw what was going on.
Cars in P2,3,4 were indeed in the Pits, they had been transparent and no one of the crew was moving. The rest of the cars were moving with 75 km/h, till the end of the race.
This was very weird...

Had a few times the "no motor sound" issue, but it's the first time it happened to me in an online race (race B on dragon trail). Makes the race indredibly harder, and I missed a few gear changes... :/

What a weird bug was this...

Circuit de la Sarthe, World Touring Car 700 with Nissan GTR' 17.
Last lap (7th), I am in P1 just before the first chicane, and the cars in P2-3-4 enter the Pits. The rest of the cars keep racing.
I continue my race and when I almost finish the Indianapolis straight, I realize (looking at the course map) that some cars are almost still, and the others move very slowly. Watching the replay, I saw what was going on.
Cars in P2,3,4 were indeed in the Pits, they had been transparent and no one of the crew was moving. The rest of the cars were moving with 75 km/h, till the end of the race.
This was very weird...
Strange indeed. It would be interesting to note when the clock hit 30 mins relative to when P2,3,4 entered pits and when the rest started to go slow... wonder if it might have something to do with the chequered flag coming out for cars behind you or in the pits.

it was updated
Only the first line is new compared to the last time it was updated

Just had my first bug picked my GR10 to do the Sardegna race and when the race started the gr10 had no engine sound all other sounds were ok.

Last edited:
Bought Ballast from race store.
Ballast Showed up for medium set up but didn't for hard.
Swapping between setups did nothing
Issue fixed itself when reentering race.

2 days ago I uninstalled and re-installed GT7 (PS4) and I'm still getting stuck sometimes in a black screen before the main menu. There's a rotating GT logo and a saving message blinking at the bottom of the screen. I can even wait 10 min+.... it doesn't go to the main menu.
Why??
Pressing the PS button and going in settings to disable and re-enable the internet connection doesn't change anything. GT logo still rotates on the black screen. So it's not related to PD's online-only requirement.
All I can do is quit GT7.

Am I the only one having this issue? It's been at least 2 months now.
I've had this problem before but it seemed to rectify itself, however it has now returned.

Twice in the last week the game has failed to start. When it comes to bugs, that's a pretty big one... at least the game does usually start on a second attempt, though...

(I'm also on PS4 but haven't done any re-installs or anything)

Last edited:
Does anybody have missing engine noises? It happens to me with several cars, most recent being the Shelby GT350, brand new, no tuning, during races I can only hear the tire squeal but no engine.

Its completely random, no specific track or car. Some days i get it, some i dont.

@Touring Mars
Ive had it happen once on PS5, or something similar. Game didnt load, i pretty much just closed the application and it worked fine.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this has been reported before, but ever since update 1.26, I have been experiencing freezes/stutters while playing GT7 in a PS4.
I first noticed it when playing in Sport mode, as it was what I mostly played until recently, the game would freeze for about 1.5 to 2 seconds, and then would resume, with me having fallen behind 1.5 to 2 seconds. This became very frustrating in the recent competitions where I would lose more than a minute in accumulated freezes.
So I quit Sport mode for now, but I also started experiencing it in campaign mode (forgot the actual name of the mode), sure it freezes, but since it is against AI and offline, I don't fall behind in the race, so I just have to have patience.
I brought this up on reddit wondering if others had experienced this, and what I learned is that it's not occurring with any PS5 owner, but solely with PS4s, even the PS4 pros. About 7 other people mentioned experiencing this occasional freeze, even in Multiplayer mode. PS5 owners did mention enjoying the positions they gained from seeing people suddenly disappear and reappear behind them in a race.
So I tried to troubleshoot it, thinking it might be because I have an HDD and the game might be reading too slow. I then ordered a 2TB SSD, fresh install of the PS4 firmware, fresh install of GT7 and still experience the same problem. Since I originally experienced it while playing online, I changed my PS4 from 2.4Ghz Wifi to Lan 1Gbps connection with my router. Still the same problem.
I see this freezing occur more often when I go over the finish line and my lap times are updated, but the freezing can occur anywhere in the track, in any track, even when you are just trying to do time attack with no other cars in the track.
I tried to find a way to contact Polyphony Digital to report the bug but, no way to contact them, japanese companies are really obtuse with their customer service. I did reach out to a Playstation customer service representative and reported the bug to them in hopes they might be able to pass it along to Polyphony Digital and it not end in a pile of papers in the garbage bin.

But for now, it seems GT7 in the PS4 for many is just broken if you wish to compete online.

the game would freeze for about 1.5 to 2 seconds, and then would resume, with me having fallen behind 1.5 to 2 seconds.

what I learned is that it's not occurring with any PS5 owner, but solely with PS4s, even the PS4 pros.
I must be a fortunate one, I have a PS4 slim, and the only issues I see with lag/freeze is in multiplayer lobby when there is a mix of PS4 & PS5 players. In the daily races the consoles are separated and you will have only PS4 players grouped together and PS5 players in their own areas thus eliminating the lag problem in the point races.

Application Error / Progression Blocker
 - In certain Race Events, the application crashes on the Rewards and Rating screen, preventing any further progression.
😕

It reports the game crashes in the reward screen which I have not experienced however both the new Nurburgring and Mount Panorama races do not save your best result, show the trophy in the circle, etc. after you finish as if you never did them.

Also the new Nurburgring payout is likely an error.

Last edited:
Can confirm after a couple of Daily C races that the freeze/lag issue that appeared after the last update is still happening. In 15 race laps, I froze 5 times. :(

*edit - PS4

Last edited:
It reports the game crashes in the reward screen which I have not experienced however both the new Nurburgring and Mount Panorama races do not save your best result, show the trophy in the circle, etc. after you finish as if you never did them.

Also the new Nurburgring payout is likely an error.

I have it for monza and mount panorama. Did it several times with diffrent cars but it still says none 🤔
Monza and Bathurst are the ones bugged for me. Weird, maybe it's the order that you do the races in? I did the Nordschleife race first. On PS4 Pro if that's relevant.

I still don't know how they could introduce completely unrelated bugs with every patch. And this is a pretty straightforward simple update (cars, scapes, extra menu). Meanwhile the ticket RNG is still **** (2 new engine tickets and you guessed it...dupes).

My expectations of PD are getting lower every month but they still manage to mess up even the most basic things somehow.

Last edited:
That brings me back to the interview with Kaz and how he mention it is easyer to do QA on konsols. Seems not easy enough 🤣
I doubt more and more there is a QA crew behind it 🫣

Last edited:
That brings me back to the interview with Kaz and how he mention it is easyer to do QA on konsols. Seems not easy enough 🤣
I doubt more and more there is a QA crew behind it 🫣
Plot twist, we are all the QA crew and we paid for the luxury of being it.

Monza and Bathurst are the ones bugged for me. Weird, maybe it's the order that you do the races in? I did the Nordschleife race first.
You might be onto something. I did Monza/Bathurst/Nordschleife & the last two aren't registering as being done at all.

EDIT: On a Ps4 Pro.

Last edited:
Back