Gran Turismo 7 Bug Reports

Leave the sensitivity at 1 and increase the torque until you’re happy with the strength.
I did what you suggested, and it does feel better, but still not the same before the firmware update.

At the start of my first race this morning (3/12/23), I had zero left/right wheel input and zero feedback/resistance. All buttons and pedals worked fine, navigating from the PS Menu & into the game and up to 3, 2, 1....Start. I unplugged/plugged back in and went about the race. Played about an hour and a half with no issues outside of a potential feedback/pedal travel issue.

Also, the knocking/slapping noise when turning hard that was not present during my playtime with GT Sport (PS4 Hardware) and Day 1 GT7 (PS5 Hardware) till the latest PS5 firmware update is still there. Before, the faster and harder I turned, the tighter and tougher the wheel got, like I had to fight to hold it with no noises. Now it's not progressive, flat across the entire corner and sounds like I'm going over bumps or curbs when I'm in the center of the track.

If these are normal noises/TrueForce effects that were wrong for over a year and a half and now corrected, that's cool, but I'm unsure about that. Did Sony change/update something that now Polyphony has to match or update in-game? Is there an update for the G923 I can't find how to update? I had to update my DualSense controllers, and I read the VR2 Unit received an update (don't have one.... yet). Maybe something changed with the other peripherals like the wheels?

I don't mean to come across as annoying. I'm trying to give you or anyone as much information as I can.

Again, thanks for any input and assistance. Have a good day!

@bman1984 Hey!! , I wanted to tell you that I found out a solution at least for the horrible vibration of the steering wheel. I started to look inside the gt7 configuration, and within the control configuration there is a section for the vibration of the controls (not for the steering wheel), and I saw that it was set to the maximum (150) so I reduced it by half (75), this almost completely removed the horrible noise.

But again, like u said, the steering wheel feels blah sometimes, still doesn't centers hard during the countdown before starting a race and while you're starting the game and when you're in the menu it feels weird.
It still doesn't feel like it did before the update. And another thing, I had the opportunity to connect the wheel to my pc, to test it on assetto corsa and it feels completely fine, so the problem must be playstation or gt7.

g923 issue.jpg

Yes, so with further investigation we've determined what's going on here. Basically, there was an issue in the PS firmware that if you started the console with the wheel plugged in, when you launch a Trueforce-supported title then the wheel was not going into Trueforce mode. If you quit the title and then started it again then you would be in Trueforce mode. Alternatively, if you connected the wheel after the console was started up then it would also work fine.

In essence, what you're now seeing is that the wheel is now behaving correctly as it should with Trueforce enabled, because Sony have fixed that previous issue. As @TheOldavemen has found, this means that the vibrotactile side of Trueforce is now working. In GT the gain for this is controlled by the same Vibration slider that affects the vibration level in the controller. Reducing this is the first thing to do; even 75 is possibly too high for some people, but really it's all about personal preference. Generally speaking you want the extra information that it's providing without overwhelming the experience.

Then it's a matter of playing with the Max Torque and Sensitivity settings that you can access from the pause menu when you're in the car. Max Torque is obviously how strong the wheel feels, whereas Sensitivity sets the strength of the force curve of force feedback events. Personally, 1 is usually the best option as it tends to feel more natural but, again, it's personal preference that matters. I will say though that in Gr.1 cars, you're going to find that if you have the Sensitivity set too high then you'll tend to get a lot of centre oscillation, so do look out for that.

With regards to the brake pedal, you can calibrate that in the Steering Controller settings of GT7.

Last edited:
@TheOldavemen
Great find! I will definitely test this out next time I play. Also, thanks for confirming the wheel is not the issue by using a PC and Assetto Corsa. Makes me feel much, MUCH better knowing its's not the wheel. WHEW!

@LOGI_Rich
Thank you for the information. I always left the wheel plugged in the back of the PS5, including today before posting. Is that why I have no wheel input when I start. It happened yesterday as well as this morning. Had to unplug and plug back in.

Will I have to unplug the wheel after turning it off and plug back in AFTER turning the PS5 back on from now on to get the right effects? Do you know or think Sony will consider making it so that's not the case? I will take the advice you gave and make some adjustments now understanding what the settings do (Vibration, Torque & Sensitivity).

Thanks again for all the help and info. I feel much better knowing I'm not going bonkers. Take care!

Last edited:
You don't need to do anything with regards to plugging the wheel in - just leave it connected and it will now always work as intended.
Ok. Sorry I made an edit to my post and added....

Thank you for the information. I always left the wheel plugged in the back of the PS5, including today before posting. Is that why I have no wheel input when I start. It happened yesterday as well as this morning. Had to unplug and plug back in.

Had to register to chime in here, I had the exact same issues as @bman1984 and @TheOldavemen and this has been the only place I have seen it mentioned, including another forum and an active GT Discord I'm on. I had a hunch that the TrueForce wasn't acting as intented and this might have been correcting it and the difference was jarring after feeling hardly any input prior to the update, however the feel of the FF the others have mentioned remains.

@LOGI_Rich I just want to bring up another sample of the FF issue so it's out there. I have adjusted my settings to what was recommended (50 vibration, 10 FF Torque, 1 FF Sensitivity) and that has massively improved the vibration issue, however as the others have mentioned, something is 100% noticeably different with the FF after the PS 10.50 update. I played the night before the update and the night after, and the FF just does not feel "right" even with the settings the same as before the update, and with the recommended settings above. I guess the best way to describe it is it feels like all of the cars now feel like they have very vague or unresponsive front end feel, like they're all permanently understeer-y?

In that case feel free to notch the Sensitivity up. Like I said, it's all down to personal preference - just be aware that it will lead to oscillation if set too high, especially in the higher group cars.

Last edited:
In that case feel free to notch the Sensitivity up. Like I said, it's all down to personal preference - just be aware that it will lead to oscillation if set too high, especially in the higher group cars.
I will play with that. I also just had the wheel steering input cut out completely similar to @bman1984, all buttons on the wheel work, and pedals, however all steering input stopped mid-corner and only came back after unplugging and re-plugging in the wheel from the PlayStation. I have not had this issue until just now.

Editing to add: @bman1984 and @TheOldavemen I played with the Sensitivity settings and just wanted to let you both know you're not crazy, this still does not feel right. Sensitivity 1 and 2 feel the best but still not really what it was pre-update, and anything 3 and above is pretty meh feeling. For what it's worth, I contacted PlayStation support, and their response was:

"The recent update had many problems in its installation, the best thing to do is to be patient and wait until version 10.50 is resolved, or a new version is released."

So sounds like we're probably just going to have to deal with it and hope a future update resolves it.

Last edited:
@WombatVet I appreciate that you have taken the time to respond and, like @bman1984 , show your situation that is the same/similar to ours. And just like you, I will continue to insist that as you said, the FF does not feel the same after the update.
I hope that playstation does something about it since I saw that Gt7 is not the only game affected, because I also tried dirt rally 2.0 and it feels the same.
Anyway, I also thank @LOGI_Rich for paying attention to this situation and @bman1984 & @WombatVet for your contributions.

I'll continue to be aware of what happens regarding this problem because I would'nt like it to stay like this.

One of the Tachs on the 917K doesn't work when in cockpit mode. Also, there's this strange glitch where I'm a few seconds off the top 10 global leaderboard for S-10, weird.

Jerome

I will play with that. I also just had the wheel steering input cut out completely similar to @bman1984, all buttons on the wheel work, and pedals, however all steering input stopped mid-corner and only came back after unplugging and re-plugging in the wheel from the PlayStation. I have not had this issue until just now.
I updated my PS5 firmware this morning (3/14/23) and had 2 wheel input losses. First was on the start of my first race. So, I unplugged and plugged back in. Then again on a later race randomly coming out of a corner after straightening out. Did the plugging again. Had no issues after those incidents.

On the plus side, I took the advice of @LOGI_Rich and got a much better feeling. Much less knocking mid hard cornering, so I'll continue to adjust. Must be something I'll have to get use to if this is indeed the way it should have been since release, minus the wheel input losses.

If the random wheel input disconnects would disappear that would be great. I'd be willing to wait for the next GT7 update to see if there's something on their end to fix for this.

The right tach in the Gr. 4 Vantage is backwards(?) or is it supposed to do that? lol

Jerome

Thanks for this!! I had noticed when I unplugged and then plugged back in the wheel after starting the game it gave it a whole different feeling. Thank you for confirmation on what it was. I hope more people see this because it’s night and day difference and changes how the game and wheel feels entirely. Thank you again
Yes, so with further investigation we've determined what's going on here. Basically, there was an issue in the PS firmware that if you started the console with the wheel plugged in, when you launch a Trueforce-supported title then the wheel was not going into Trueforce mode. If you quit the title and then started it again then you would be in Trueforce mode. Alternatively, if you connected the wheel after the console was started up then it would also work fine.

In essence, what you're now seeing is that the wheel is now behaving correctly as it should with Trueforce enabled, because Sony have fixed that previous issue. As @TheOldavemen has found, this means that the vibrotactile side of Trueforce is now working. In GT the gain for this is controlled by the same Vibration slider that affects the vibration level in the controller. Reducing this is the first thing to do; even 75 is possibly too high for some people, but really it's all about personal preference. Generally speaking you want the extra information that it's providing without overwhelming the experience.

Then it's a matter of playing with the Max Torque and Sensitivity settings that you can access from the pause menu when you're in the car. Max Torque is obviously how strong the wheel feels, whereas Sensitivity sets the strength of the force curve of force feedback events. Personally, 1 is usually the best option as it tends to feel more natural but, again, it's personal preference that matters. I will say though that in Gr.1 cars, you're going to find that if you have the Sensitivity set too high then you'll tend to get a lot of centre oscillation, so do look out for that.

With regards to the brake pedal, you can calibrate that in the Steering Controller settings of GT7.
ged

Hi folks. Has anyone had issues with DR freezing? I won 2 races on the trot just now, along with a 2nd and 3rd prior. Zero movement on DR. Usually that would get me back into the B class while in C but I am still stuck at roughly 40% C. Wtf?

On occasion, I'll have a car that I won't be able to adjust the downforce on, after the car was fitted with the aero parts. I'll have to back to GT Auto and re-fit them. Won't have to pay again, though.

On occasion, I'll have a car that I won't be able to adjust the downforce on, after the car was fitted with the aero parts. I'll have to back to GT Auto and re-fit them. Won't have to pay again, though.

Maybe you installed wide body kit, that removes all custom parts added

I have just experienced a glitch on the newest update 1.29. I had already owned the red bull 2019 competition. Then I cleared the license all gold trophy the car they gave is the same one. Well I didn't get another it's like I got nothing for it. Anyone else having this problem? I'm not sure where else besides here to report it?

Edit sorry ver 1. 30

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back