Gran Turismo 7 Bug Reports

'83 Golf GTI, the dashboard doesn't light up at nightfall/night. It's completely dark.

Tested in Hotlap mode at Watkins Glen, Tokyo etc.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20230826174115.jpg

Last edited:
Funny fact:

Starting at 3:55 (vid from 7 months ago), you can see the dashboard's lights are working just fine for the '83 Golf GTI. They must have "broken" them with one of the updates. Hopefully they will be able to track those issues and fix them.

Funny fact:

Starting at 3:55 (vid from 7 months ago), you can see the dashboard's lights are working just fine for the '83 Golf GTI. They must have "broken" them with one of the updates. Hopefully they will be able to track those issues and fix them.

You reached under the dashboard and replaced the lights....

I've never had issue with GT7 until the last 1.37 but fix updated to address instability. Since then I have had two issues concerning stability. First was this:

Gran Turismo® 7_20230904234037.jpg

Just got an unexpected session ending during a race. It lost all results as if the race did not happen. At least my DR/SR was not dinged but it was annoying as I was in a top spot.

Then tonight, having just completed a daily race B, we had finished the race and the race results displayed. Then as I waited for the driver result to show (like this one but not this one)
Gran Turismo® 7_20230905200309.jpg

This screen never showed and then an error message popped up with words to the affect of "Something has gone wrong in Gran Turismo" and it gave me an option to upload a 1.1MB debug log to Sony (I think it was Sony and not PD but I might be wrong). I clicked yes and as soon as I did that the game was closed down and I was returned to the usual Playstation menu. I then had to restart the game.

While the game did save the race results all screen recording that was active at the time was lost even though this was not the GT7 recording but the PS5 screen recording.

Tried to report a bug of twitchy steering behaviors while steering with motion sensor steering on Dualsense.
Example here.

Got answer that it's completely normal.
Screenshot_20230906-130529.png

Doesn't look normal to me? What are you others say about, especially you who actually use motion sensor steering.

Tried to report a bug of twitchy steering behaviors while steering with motion sensor steering on Dualsense.
Example here.

Got answer that it's completely normal.
View attachment 1285554

Doesn't look normal to me? What are you others say about, especially you who actually use motion sensor steering.

Yep, I get that all the time. It doesn't seems to affect how the car handles. It also happens IRL but power steering smooths it out. The Armstrong power steering units are the worst though.

I'm not sure if this can be considered a bug as such, but it IS a strange behaviour that affects performance...

In this week's Daily Race B (I'm sure it has happened in other races too) I've noticed the rolling start to give you an unpredictable amount of delay in reaching full throttle after the countdown.

That is to say, rather than consistently have you at 100% when the bell goes, sometimes (but not always) it will take +/-0.5s for the accelerator input to reach full.

This is with DualSense and holding the throttle trigger down fully throughout the race intro. Its most obvious symptom is that the car behind really gains time on me despite ostensibly launching at the same speed.

Anyone getting WiFi Connection lost recently? All my other wireless devices are fine. Thing is, I have my PS5 Ethernet plugged into my tv which is hardwired to the net connection. Never had problems since my Initial boot up of the PS5.

On Saturday, I reset my PS5 just to check and it happened again just then. I‘ve had to close the game from the Home Screen and select “Play Game”. Not my provider, as I mentioned, everything else in my house are working.
To add, while typing this, the “Unable to proceed. An error occurred while connecting to PlayStation Network” popped up. Weird.

I'm stuck on book 18 after the update. It says i must play a race in fuji and when I'm going to the races in fuji it says that there are no races at the moment.

As excessive as the landing planes can be over Blue Moon Bay, with them being one plane per lap or two, it's even worse because the planes can freeze in the air. They unfreeze on the next lap.

Just had the game crash after buying the McLaren F1 in Legend Cars (no. 477 of 478 - waiting for the Corolla this week). It was trying to update the Collector points and would have gone past 500,000. After restarting, the car is in my garage, but Collector Points are still at 484,578.

I'm not sure if it's a bug necessarily, but considering the physics and BoP changes I am surprised the final Human Comedy mission hasn't been adjusted at all, considering with the most recent physics update has drastically increased the difficulty of the mission. The Bathurst mission got adjusted back early in the life of GT7.

Performance on Daytona Road Course is still awful and needs improvement.

Having an issue like i just wrote in the psvr2 topic. While playing, the camera start to slide behind or on the side like i am moving the head but i am not and all the time i am forced to recenter and re calibrate my position. Is it happening to someone else? Never done before. Just now after this update.

One thing I've had going on a while is GT7 no longer requires me to insert the game disc to play the PS5 version. It won't allow me to purchase and install the digital PS5 version, either.
I have all three currently available retail variants for PS5. There is, of course, only one installation of it.

PS4 - at Tokyo 600pp grind race, after a pit stop the car engine sound is muted, pausing and returning to gameplay reverts sound back to original

Last edited:
PS4 - at Tokyo 600pp grind race, after a pit stop the car engine sound is muted, pausing and returning to gameplay reverts sound back to original
The in-game music too. Unfortunately it's not only at Tokyo and it's a relative old bug.

On Tokyo I get the bug ~1 race out of 5, but on the Tsukuba 30-laps mission it's literally everytime. A few days ago I also got it on the Gr.3 High Speed event.

That's reminded me of a bug I had last week in a league race where from the race start (timestamped) onwards I had no engine sound, only transmission noise I guess. It fixed itself after the first pit stop but then it'd just cut in and out at various points

Last edited:
Back