Gran Turismo 7 Bug Reports

That's reminded me of a bug I had last week in a league race where from the race start (timestamped) onwards I had no engine sound, only transmission noise I guess. It fixed itself after the first pit stop but then it'd just cut in and out at various points

I've had this happen before this update both in single player and sport mode.

After playing around with the sound levels, it seemed that if there was a louder car around me (seems like the BRZ for you) and weather/road noise it would substantially reduce my engine noise to lower than the weather and other car(s) to be either very very quiet or the same as what you have experienced in your video.

After reducing other sound effects slightly everything was fine and this hasn't happened again to me since.

...Did anyone else have a fail in the 7pm Manufacture race...?!?

Was in qualifying, was on the 2nd lap being 1st flying lap around the 24 hour Nürburgring layout (which sucks for this event), then an "unexpected error has occurred" message popped up, and that was it - booted to the Sport screen.

Something similar happened with the last Nations Cup 7pm race, qualifying wouldn't star, so I watched 5 minutes of track scenery before bailing.

Last edited:
1697502043975.png

Impreza GD
Tachometer reflection to the sky.

Integra DC2

FIT Hybrid

Cayman GT4

Here's one that I assume isn't a bug, but is a WTF:

Raced a few Nations Cup races yesterday, slipstream was 'custom', but I couldn't pass the identical car in front (was on their tail, glued) and they just pulled away in 2 of those races.
I was in a rented car, but would it have made a difference if theirs was owned with a tuned gearbox ratio?
This cost me 2 wins I believe, finished 2nd with Nissan RCP92's behind same cars.

So what gives there???
Answers on a postcard kids!!!
😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

Here's one that I assume isn't a bug, but is a WTF:

Raced a few Nations Cup races yesterday, slipstream was 'custom', but I couldn't pass the identical car in front (was on their tail, glued) and they just pulled away in 2 of those races.
I was in a rented car, but would it have made a difference if theirs was owned with a tuned gearbox ratio?
This cost me 2 wins I believe, finished 2nd with Nissan RCP92's behind same cars.

So what gives there???
Answers on a postcard kids!!!
😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫
The race had some tuning options available which included downforce, so I'd assume they had a pretty low downforce setup

The race had some tuning options available which included downforce, so I'd assume they had a pretty low downforce setup

And that I get to a point, but technically there was no wind resistance for me as it was the lead car literally in front of me - but I couldn't keep up despite being centimetres behind it, until it started pulling away?!?
I even caught up through corners with some bold driving, but every time we were going onto the 2 back straight parts after the right turn, and the mid placed chicane, it became impossible, like i was lacking 15mph top end...

If I saved some video, I'll put it up, it's somewhat baffling.

😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

And that I get to a point, but technically there was no wind resistance for me as it was the lead car literally in front of me - but I couldn't keep up despite being centimetres behind it, until it started pulling away?!?
I even caught up through corners with some bold driving, but every time we were going onto the 2 back straight parts after the right turn, and the mid placed chicane, it became impossible, like i was lacking 15mph top end...

If I saved some video, I'll put it up, it's somewhat baffling.

😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫
All of that is explained by the other car running lower downforce, including why you were quicker in the corners (because more downforce).

Being in the slip stream of a car in front doesn't eliminate all wind resistance, it just reduces it. Your bigger downforce settings were limiting your top end. It's as simple as that

Headlights (half of them) randomly coming on during the Sardegna 800pp race. Not sure if it’s been reported or not, but strange. Just noticed it today.

9F292E1B-4FDC-4BD4-8371-6EDC4174DC0B.jpeg

All of that is explained by the other car running lower downforce, including why you were quicker in the corners (because more downforce).

Being in the slip stream of a car in front doesn't eliminate all wind resistance, it just reduces it. Your bigger downforce settings were limiting your top end. It's as simple as that

I didn't mean I was catching them outright through corners, it was a case of riding curbs quite harshly rather than smoothly round tracking around them, gaining maybe a second and a bit through the whole of the last complex.
...But if you're that close to an identical car, and it just goes away from you...
😬😬😬

If that's the best answer we have, I'll have to check the details every time if that's the standard set up.

Thanks for your input.

Last edited:
With these larger replays for the longer races in GT1 League in the Championship races, I've been having trouble clearing enough space to save them. When I think I've deleted enough older replays and try to save a replay from one of my championship races, but don't have enough space, the game of course tells me there's not enough space. When I check how much space I have though, the space I DID clear is now gone! I think the game is still saving these replays, since there's not room for the complete replay, it's storing them somewhere inaccessible where I can't delete them, and they're just permanently removing the amount of space I have for storing replays/photos/liveries, etc. I've probably lost over 1GB of space that I can't get back unless I delete and reinstall the game.

TL;DR
If you don't have enough space to save a full replay, you permanently lose additional space for saving things.

Last edited:
In split screen races, the second player seems to be affected by rubber banding.

In the first lap, the speed of both players is comparable, but in the continuing laps, the second player's performance gets much worse. This behaviour is extremely similar to what happens with the AI in quick races, so my assumption is that the game applies rubber banding to player 2.

Last edited:
I have found some bug in the new 911 992 GT3 RS. When you install a fully customizable suspension, the engine sound and rev idle in dashboard starts to, let’s say jump/vibrate/stutter mostly in the first part of the rev range, especially when the throttle is halfway open. The same exact situation is with a 991 GT3 RS ’16, also with fully customizable suspension. I haven’t found this bug in other cars. Do any of you guys have a similar problem?

Is there a list of the known issue bug with events which crash after the result screen when loading the reward screen, or is it random. In the new menu book (900 LP Cup) on Nürburgring GP Circuit it happend to me. I´m on PS4 Slim.
Thank you, CoyoteX.

Last edited:
At license test M-S-2 (Barcelona Rallycross - Porsche 911 Turbo (930) '81) the ghost starts recording right at the beginning which isn't the start of the test. The test start after the first corner so it's difficult to compare the attempts.

Last edited:
This might have been fixed in 1.40. Before then there were no headlights at night on the Spa 1 hour race. If your car has headlights you can see at night, but you can no longer see what everyone else's lights illuminate.
It's most noticeable in the F1500, which carries only a rear fog lamp and no lights on the dashboard.
Also, the PSVR2 screens black out in certain events. In some cases they black out according to head movement, in others they just black out period no matter what you do. The track fades out, a green grid shows up, and the race displays stay up. I have scoured the settings for an adjustment and found none that works. One can set the play area limit, exceeding this causes all GT7 stuff to black out and be replaced by a white grid, sometimes with red circles.
The worst cars for the fade to green grid are the SF23's followed by the SF19's. The RA272, F1500, and MP 4/4 are unaffected despite simulated use of a HANS device. The 1994 McLaren F1 is bad about it, too. I suspect fade to green/black is meant to happen when the driver's head hits a virtual object like the roll cage or the SF19's halo. For real, I can look over the side of the F1500 or the RA272 and watch the road go by. (I hate the MP 4/4. It's a good car but the in my face display and handling quirks are a deal breaker). Also in VR, the center halo post is clear on the SF19 and 23, not sure how they'd pull that off in real life.
Fade to white grid occurs almost exclusively when I'm in the showroom or garage staring out the top of a car with no roof.
Also, the 911 RSR has no visible anti roll bars in the VR garage. I expect more cars are like this.
Also the game still hang in online race loading sometimes.
I can deal with the fade to white and some things missing in the non action sequences, like invisible wine in the GT cafe and invisible suspension parts on a Porsche. The fade to green needs to go. That's why you have a rumble motor in the headset, to tell you, "hey, moron, you just bashed your head on something." It kills the SF19 and SF23. I drove the SF19 quite a bit on a flat screen, in VR it's undrivable. I've never driven a full lap in the SF23 at all because it's ever harder to see out of. That d**n noose is gonna strangle me.
The fade to green and race loading hangups are deal breakers. I play a bit less online and will not be using the PSVR2 with any Super Formula car. I'm considering returning the PSVR2 due to this, this would be my second return. The first headset had the eyepiece adjustment jammed, which destroyed the lenses when they contacted the hardest spectacle glass in existence.

New bug in the world circuits menu. Because of where they placed Lake Louise, you can no longer access Colorado Springs. You simply cannot scroll to it.

New bug in the world circuits menu. Because of where they placed Lake Louise, you can no longer access Colorado Springs. You simply cannot scroll to it.
I see what you mean in that you can't use the d-pad to get to it, but you just need to use the left stick to move the cursor to Colorado Springs. You definitely can still access it.

If you were following a red, mostly white, and blue 787B, that may have been me and that's the exact setup I used. I nerfed as much downforce as I could and lowered the damper settings so the car would sit even lower at 300+ kph. Though the course is fairly rough, I didn't mess with the anti roll bars much, if at all.
Literally, though, the car had the least amount of downforce it could and the faster I went, the lower it sat, reducing drag just a tad more.
That thing is definitely fast. I could pull away from anything at will on the Mulsanne.

New Quick Race (non-sophy) in the rain option at Suzuka, with the new Tesla, rams you into the back end of the car in front at the start of the race.

Last edited:
Headlights (half of them) randomly coming on during the Sardegna 800pp race. Not sure if it’s been reported or not, but strange. Just noticed it today.

View attachment 1297302
Maybe try removing your eye patch?

-

I noticed a weird thing in Race photos - if you drop to below 1/60s, it gives you some text (which I didn't read), but then it while the image is rendering, there's some random car noises start happening until the rendering is finished. Fortunately it does appear that the freezing issue in Race photos isn't happening any more though.

edit: Spoke too soon - race photomode still crashing the PS4 :ouch:

Last edited:
Also, the PSVR2 screens black out in certain events. In some cases they black out according to head movement, in others they just black out period no matter what you do. The track fades out, a green grid shows up, and the race displays stay up. I have scoured the settings for an adjustment and found none that works. One can set the play area limit, exceeding this causes all GT7 stuff to black out and be replaced by a white grid, sometimes with red circles.
The worst cars for the fade to green grid are the SF23's followed by the SF19's. The RA272, F1500, and MP 4/4 are unaffected despite simulated use of a HANS device. The 1994 McLaren F1 is bad about it, too.
The green wireframe is the model space boundary for the car in the game - its not a PSVR2 setting, but relates to your head’s virtual position in 3d space inside the car. The update may have changed it for some cars, but you can adapt to it a bit by using the seating position hack - postion you head more forward to move back or higher to move lower or the reverse, then hold the option key. I’ve seen this on a number of tight cockpits, like the SF23, especially on banking where you might lean into the turn.

The white grid is PSVR related, so your seating postion relative to play area set would likely be the issue. I have a rig so that doesn’t affect me, but if you’re just using a chair, position change might be the issue, as moving outside the play area will trigger that, especially if its a temporary play area.

EDIT: I experienced this several times recently when I had my TV on (which I rarely do) while in VR but TV tracking not enabled (didn’t try it with turned on) in a car normaly not an issue. Turned the TV off and problem gone. Can’t say if this a distance issue (3-4 ft) or TV type (LG OLED in my case) but it definitely made the VR go green and/or white grid a few times

Last edited:
-Credit payout bug from custom race-

I just completed a race, got the payout/reward screen and saw my credit tally go up.
When I returned to the world map the credits didn’t apply.
I relaunched the game and it still isn’t showing what it should.

The thing to perhaps note is I completed a race before hand, then hit retry.
The retried race credits haven’t applied but the first race payout did.

Edit: Looks like the dealership could have updated during the session, potentially a server issue?

Last edited:
Oh dear.

Liveries aren't applying decals, they're all invisible, painting car works but that's your lot there.
Bur now I also have a mix & match of music grind Jaguar GR3, which was purple, and is now green bar the purple front bumper...
Thumbnails are still missing for livery applied cars, progression bug still exists - which is noted in the issue notes.

But, my valuation of cars area tells me there's now no cars to sell?!?
Is anyone else having that issue?

How is it that something gets added, and things get screwed up???

If you were following a red, mostly white, and blue 787B, that may have been me and that's the exact setup I used. I nerfed as much downforce as I could and lowered the damper settings so the car would sit even lower at 300+ kph. Though the course is fairly rough, I didn't mess with the anti roll bars much, if at all.
Literally, though, the car had the least amount of downforce it could and the faster I went, the lower it sat, reducing drag just a tad more.
That thing is definitely fast. I could pull away from anything at will on the Mulsanne.

I raced in the Nissan R92CP against the Nissan R92CP, and a standard Mazda 787B, in both cases I couldn't pass them despite matching them through 170-180 mph, on the first back straight section and being sat right behind them.
So the win became impossible!
2 second place finishes was decent from 3 races. Quite pleased with that.
...We won't talk about race 1 - 919 Hybrid will be a great choice I thought...!
❌️❌️❌️
Went from 12th to 6th, but was hammered on top speed and barely made 170mph.
But downforce is noted for next time.

EDIT:

Decals seem to work again, haven't tried the used dealer sale section, nor the Jag.
But surely the Sport Cup Competitions need their scoring addressed...

EDIT 2:

So it seems that the valuation now works and appears as it should, the Jaguar is now fine.
...No idea, no clue, random happenings...
I'll leave the images for the sake of 'what it looked like at the time'.

Attachments

• 18b9a5feae622-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18b9a5feae622-screenshotUrl.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 18b9a60008590-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18b9a60008590-screenshotUrl.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 18b9742c38372-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18b9742c38372-screenshotUrl.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 18b7f58f7ed36-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18b7f58f7ed36-screenshotUrl.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Not really a bug more a missplaced option in the tuning shop. It is possible to install carbon Propeller shaft to the new GT3 RS!?!

Hey gang, not sure if this is a new bug, old bug? Or just me......
The Ford GT350R from the dealership, with the wide-body fitted, I tried to add some fat BBS 3-piece modular rims to it, but the "front" rims have a deeper offset than the rear?? Looks dodgy as. :boggled:
Has anyone else noticed this please.

Edit:
Thanks for the responses fellas. I've taken a quick screenshot to explain.
Gran Turismo™ 7_20231106075255 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Hey gang, not sure if this is a new bug, old bug? Or just me......
The Ford GT350R from the dealership, with the wide-body fitted, I tried to add some fat BBS 3-piece modular rims to it, but the "front" rims have a deeper offset than the rear?? Looks dodgy as. :boggled:
Has anyone else noticed this please.
Do you have a screenshot of this, it may be easier to explain with it

Back