Gran Turismo 7 Custom Race thread

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 2,131 comments
So I noticed setting up my latest custom race that gr3 cars hp is all over the place some have 500hp some have 590hp and some like that viper have 610. :scared:

Using that chip thing to reduce hp I reduce each car down to around 520 to make it fair.

Not only am I working on an IMSA WeatherTech grid, I'm also putting together a Michelin Pilot one (cause why not!). Using the Gr 4 cars, I'm having GS at 700pp and TCR at 630pp. Problem is that there are hardly any TCR liveries out there, so gonna have to get creative...
Really is a shame about TCR,
. Such a good series. PD tried to replicate it with the Daily Races in GT Sport, but those cars are in the waste basket. The lilltle Gr.4 Swift is cool, but that’s not enough. Even the two modern Civic Type Rs aren’t enough - well, in Super Taikyu, maybe, as that series only run two Civic Type Rs in that class.

Anyway, once again, it’s popular in Europe and doing real good here, in Australia. I dig the USA series and there have been more manufacturers added(MG, Cupra, Toyota) and updated cars(Audi, Hyundai, Honda). Still a shame about the Mazda3. I guess, from here on, it’ll be up to the GT Community to make our own fun.

Ran a quick test session with my GTD Pro cars around Daytona and they are surprisingly evenly matched. I'll upload the clip later today.

Last edited:
Ran a quick test session with my GTD Pro cars around Daytona and they are surprisingly evenly matched. I'll upload the clip later today.

Yeah, it’s a weird one. I ran my Super Touring cars there and I can’t catch the leader. Plus, AI catch and pass me. Run my ‘90s touring cars and I blow right by a bunch of them.
Since the America's lobbies are poo-pooing on me, I've taken the GTWS into my OWN hands!

You gotta do whatcha gotta do.

This might be a dumb question. Do I need to buy rain tires for the cars in my garage that will only be used by the AI in custom races? In other words, will rain tires automatically go on these cars when they pit in a custom race in the rain? Or do I need to buy tires for them for them to use rain tires?

This might be a dumb question. Do I need to buy rain tires for the cars in my garage that will only be used by the AI in custom races? In other words, will rain tires automatically go on these cars when they pit in a custom race in the rain? Or do I need to buy tires for them for them to use rain tires?
One of the previous updates fixed this, so the cars will automatically have rain tires applied the next time they go the pit meaning you do not have to purchase them, but beware that racecars will apply Racing softs once they exit out the pits so if you do not have those on the car you are driving you may want to purchase those as the cars will be faster than you if you do not have those applied if in the same class.

I'm not sure about roadcars but it's like that for the racecars.

I would assume the streetcars would automatically have rain tires applied if starting the race in the rain though I am not 100% sure on that.

Ok, finally got a full grid for my WeatherTech Championship! 4 DPi (Mazda and SRT), 2 LMP2 (Nissan and Toyota), 6 GTD Pro (BMW, Chevy and Ford) and 8 GTD (Porsche, Lambo, Honda, AMG, 2 Audi, Aston and Lexus). Not everything is setup yet, need to tune the GTD's to 630 using @praiano63 tunes.

I'll work on the Michelin grid later, maybe after Rolex 24...

Ok, finally got a full grid for my WeatherTech Championship! 4 DPi (Mazda and SRT), 2 LMP2 (Nissan and Toyota), 6 GTD Pro (BMW, Chevy and Ford) and 8 GTD (Porsche, Lambo, Honda, AMG, 2 Audi, Aston and Lexus). Not everything is setup yet, need to tune the GTD's to 630 using @praiano63 tunes.

I'll work on the Michelin grid later, maybe after Rolex 24...
I like that use of the LM55. Was the Hyundai VGT not DPi enough? Or too much LMP1?

Never thought of using the Hyundai. Maybe if I decide to do a Le Mans event, I'll use it.

Last edited:
I’ve started using the “Random” app for a wheel spin to pick random combinations of custom race classes that I have already set up and tracks. Some of the combinations I’ve gotten:

575FE86B-82C6-4A8E-8B11-D375A69BB2EE.jpeg

Aero Trans Am at Northern Isle (Trans Am cars with aero & superchargers)

92845E9E-5F8B-4D50-A5EF-6603208876A7.jpeg

Super Formula 2018 at Tokyo
723B3138-4077-4269-8491-A774F63DD6A2.jpeg

Group A at Nurb GP
15948C49-DDCA-4912-BA2D-24C0439A10D4.jpeg

Super GT 2016 at Kyoto (GT500/GT300 multi-class)
B14FA9D3-6D05-472F-B3C0-C8FE04BA25C6.jpeg

GT4 at Tsukuba (Gr4 & street cars tuned similarly)
766BAA21-B942-41F7-ACDE-AC0048E12ED6.jpeg

Gr3 BoP with random opponents at Barcelona National

I’m also still setting up a late 80s-early 90s endurance race that runs a Group C class and a GT class with the Corvette, NSX, F40, Countach, 300ZX, Merak, and 911 tuned to 710 pp and about 500 hp. It still needs balanced a bit, but I think it might end up really cool.
251D71F5-B3D3-4211-AC34-A54BE6346E61.jpeg

7EE7A75F-3683-4BD3-995B-D84A4427BE13.jpeg

Last edited:
Picked up an ‘89 ZR1, tuned it up to the max. A rocket. I dumped it into my Trans Am grid at Road Atlanta. I was worried it would be too fast for the old clunkers, so I de-tuned it to 700pp, (70 on the ECU and 70 on the power restrictor). Race starts and the field left me standing. And I couldn’t catch them. Made me laugh. Those old cars are pretty competitive when tuned up.

I then retuned it to 800,(100 on the ECU and 70 on the power restrictor). Ran a 15 lapper, won by 2 seconds with some off-roading on my part. I’ll retune it and try it again. Ran out of time today.

I was running Intermediate on low boost.

185706d922e75-screenshotUrl.jpg

185706db89348-screenshotUrl.jpg

Well, the Mazdas are cracked... at least Tinknell was keeping me occupied at the end.

I'll upload the replay in parts. Most likely next weekend.

Didn't reward me with much, but still had fun.

Last edited:
Quick question -

Race = custom car race /cars all from my garage / tweeked to be as close running as will allow

question - if i add nox to a rival cars will this be used by the Ai in this game set up ?

Quick question -

Race = custom car race /cars all from my garage / tweeked to be as close running as will allow

question - if i add nox to a rival cars will this be used by the Ai in this game set up ?
I’ve not tried it, but I doubt AI would be programmed to use that part.

So with a wife, three kids and a full time job and kids sports I only get about an hour or two a week to play. Oh, and I’m oldish, so I suck but I finally got all my Porsches and liveries finished. Did a 4 lap test and it should be fun with a longer race at other tracks. I got really scrappy at the end. Ooops.

I am doing a custom championship with 88/89 touring cars(4 C4s, 4 M3s, 4 Supras, 4 Sierras and 4 Nissan Zs), with 6 races in Japan/Australia, 7 in Europe and 7 in the Americas(between 8 and 13 laps, no fuel or tire wear), starting grid is always the reverse from last race results, I use a Sierra...half way through, I wanted to set a climax with a 90 minute endurance race at the 24 hour layout at Nordschleife...(this time with fuel consumption and tire wear)

So far everything went fine(I had to detune the C4s and to tune up the Sierras and Supras a little after the first races to get an even field, while the C4s still are the top cars to beat), but the endurance race at NS was a complete failure out of two reasons:

.) while the pitting strategy from the AI was quite normal for the first 75 minutes of the race all AI cars expect the two leading C4s ran out of fuel during the final two laps(I set fuel consumption at 4, which meant 1 or 2 laps und FM 1 and 3 laps on FM 5)

.) I was completly chanceless against AI cars...while I can compete against them on any other track, on the Nordschleife they all blew me away and where away and gone after the first lap, with no chance of me catching up(laptimes between 20 and 30 second quicker. with medium strenght opponents)...and usually I know my way around the Nordschleife quite well

Any suggestions ?

PS: unfortunatly still no photos, because my PS4 still crashes while reendering when I try to make race photos...

Last edited:
I am doing a custom championship with 88/89 touring cars(4 C4s, 4 M3s, 4 Supras, 4 Sierras and 4 Nissan Zs), with 6 races in Japan/Australia, 7 in Europe and 7 in the Americas(between 8 and 13 laps, no fuel or tire wear), starting grid is always the reverse from last race results, I use a Sierra...half way through, I wanted to set a climax with a 90 minute endurance race at the 24 hour layout at Nordschleife...(this time with fuel consumption and tire wear)

So far everything went fine(I had to detune the C4s and to tune up the Sierras and Supras a little after the first races to get an even field, while the C4s still are the top cars to beat), but the endurance race at NS was a complete failure out of two reasons:

.) while the pitting strategy from the AI was quite normal for the first 75 minutes of the race all AI cars expect the two leading C4s ran out of fuel during the final two laps(I set fuel consumption at 4, which meant 1 or 2 laps und FM 1 and 3 laps on FM 5)

.) I was completly chanceless against AI cars...while I can compete against them on any other track, on the Nordschleife they all blew me away and where away and gone after the first lap, with no chance of me catching up(laptimes between 20 and 30 second quicker. with medium strenght opponents)...and usually I know my way around the Nordschleife quite well

Any suggestions ?

PS: unfortunatly still no photos, because my PS4 still crashes while reendering when I try to make race photos...
Yeah, at N24, I’ve also experienced AI leaving me in the dust, when using my Group A and JTCC cars(Professional, Boost Weak).

I don’t have the experience about running that long with fuel consumption.

As for the PS4 race photos, I believe @Touring Mars or @Terronium-12 advised the solution was to turn down resolution. Can‘t remember, been a while.
One of my favourite vehicle classes. Give us more low-end cars, PD!
Exactly. We had the Spoon Fit Racer, Micra and Polo Cup cars. I’d love to have the Opel/Vauxhall little hatchbacks to add in my Group A grid. This is the perfect GT for this stuff now.
1672864590708.jpeg

Adjusted the power in the surprisingly quick Fit(was The fifth highest PP when I tested). Dialled the power down a few clicks just then, for another run. I’ll dial the power down of all the cars north of the Abarth ‘09 and Demio, rather than power up the two slowest. All cars were at stock weight. Going to work with weight reduction and ballast for some of them.

Ran the Fiat 500 Lounge w/turbo. Without the turbo, it’s five seconds slower. Less power, more fun. ;)
1672864792041.jpeg

Back