Gran Turismo 7 Custom Race thread

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 1,057 comments
United States
United States
I try to figure that one out but. :(

See if you can spot what the difference is.

713.27PP
View attachment 1228892 View attachment 1228893

713.66PP
View attachment 1228894 View attachment 1228896

I'm at a lost.

How about tires/width and bodykit? I know the different splitters/spoilers can have a 10+/- impact to PP.

Also, regarding liveries…while most are available, I was pleasantly surprised to find the livery maker easy to wield, if only a bit tedious. The real heroes are the folks uploading all the decals - I have made three or four (IMSA) liveries where I was able to pull up a picture of the car on my phone and haven’t yet run into missing decals/sponsors/etc. when going at it. Good luck!

United States
Home
Rounding error? Or margin of error?
Possible but it was the wheel rims on the 713.27pp there at wide and when I changed it to standard size it changed to 713.66pp.:D
How about tires/width and bodykit? I know the different splitters/spoilers can have a 10+/- impact to PP.

Also, regarding liveries…while most are available, I was pleasantly surprised to find the livery maker easy to wield, if only a bit tedious. The real heroes are the folks uploading all the decals - I have made three or four (IMSA) liveries where I was able to pull up a picture of the car on my phone and haven’t yet run into missing decals/sponsors/etc. when going at it. Good luck!
Thank you your reply made me look at the tires wheel size and that was the problem. :)

All the same now.:D
Gran Turismo® 7_20230207080157.jpg

Last edited:
France
France
So here it is, the first race report for my GT7 World Endurance Championship, Round 1 at Daytona!

The randomizer gave me that starting grid:
Dayt_01.jpg
(Unfortunately, no Switzerlang flag for Rebellion)

From the start to lap 21 (early problems):
Dayt_02.jpeg

First laps gave me Daytona 730pp flashbacks, AI is damn good here and it took me some time to find my pace.
Dayt_03.jpg

On lap 16, I was hit in the back by a Toyota trying to lapping me. :rolleyes: I was only losing 1s per lap, so I decided to stay on track:
Dayt_04.jpg

But at lap 20, I slammed into the wall at the apex of turn 1 and had no other choice than to pit... I will never try again to put my car close the tire wall here. Never!! Heard me? :scared:
Dayt_05.jpg
Dayt_06.jpg
I'm back on track at P18, with a #91 Porsche chasing me, and the #51 Ferrari as a rabbit. That's for sure gonna be a long race..

From lap 29 to 55 (back in the race):
Dayt_07.jpeg

The battle is on with The #51 AF Corse Ferrari as the top 3 LMP1 is going through. I finally manage to overtake it at the end of lap 29 for P15 (7th in class)! :mad: LMP1 leaders start collecting issues, and a Lola-Toyota Rebellion shows its nose on the provisional podium.
Dayt_08.jpg

As the Sun sets and AIs has to do their pit stops, I slowly recover positions:
Dayt_09.jpg

Until lap 48, and me being 16 seconds behind the leading GT car after it pited. The break is done. Without any problem, this Pink Pig Porsche #92 gonna win..
Dayt_10.jpg

Lap 55 and it is time for me to refuel the car.
Dayt_11.jpg

Back on track on the GT podium! Things looks good and I can pretend to a top 2 finish!
And as you can see, things happened in LMP1...
Dayt_12.jpg

From lap 56 to checkered flag (drama!):
Dayt_13.jpeg

This is lap 56, I can see in front of me the #93 Viper in P2, when I am suddenly harpooned by the #12 Rebellion at International Horseshoe! Despite I gave him all the place he needed to go through.. Damn! That's harsh!
Dayt_14.jpg

Second pit stop in a row. I come out P6 in GT, Aston Martin #95 is on my back and I'm probably out of contention for the podium.. Whatever, I will take everything that is given to me.
Dayt_15.jpg

So.. Well... Remember that tire wall at turn 1? My old tires started to produce oversteering in some parts of the track, LMP1 leader was pressuring me and:
Dayt_16.jpeg

BUMP! :banghead:
Dayt_17.jpg

Back on track again, P18 overall, last position into the points. 6 minutes to go and the #51 Ferrari (you again?!) in front of me is too far from me so that I could attack and overtake it. I have a fair margin over the #69 Ford GT, so I just have to bring back the car and take that point.
Notice that #5 Toyota LMP1, diving into an Audi for P2:
Dayt_18.jpg

Last lap of the race, 64 in total (how ironic!), and as you can see the #68 Ford had to stop again! Leaving me P17 (9th in class). Meanwhile Toyota attemps Toyota things, without success hopefully for them...
Dayt_19.jpg

Race results:
#6 Toyota took the first victory overall, while the #92 Porsche had a wonderful race and won it, hands down!
Dayt_21.jpg

The winning Toyota, lapping the winning Porsche:
Dayt_20.jpeg

Rankings after race 1 at Daytona:
LMP1 and GT crews ranking are obviously the same as the finish order.

LMP1 team championship standings:
1 - Toyota Gazoo Racing - 43 pts
2 - Porsche Team - 21 pts
3 - Rebellion Racing - 20 pts
4 - Audi Sport Team Joest - 14 pts

GTLM team championship standings:
1 - Porsche GT Team - 35 pts
2 - SRT Motorsports - 33 pts
3 - Aston Martin Racing - 20 pts
4 - Corvette Racing GM - 8 pts
5 - AF Corse - 4 pts
6 - Ford Chip Ganassi USA - 1 pt

That was a great and spicy race! Full of suspense! I can't wait to launch the next one at Road Atlanta, which I'm sure, will be a traffic nightmare! :gtpflag:

And my BoP tonight for the member that asked for it. Already a lot of pics here. :sly:

France
France
Incredible. What was your AI settings? Did you used BOP and Boost weak or not?
AI is on Professional both in main menu and custom race menu (I don't know if these two interacts). I used my own BoP, and boost was indeed on weak.

For those who were interested:

About liveries, here are the creators:
  • Toyota TS030 : ItsRippr
  • Ferrari : CAVERITO_BR
  • Porsche : Andy_EVO432
  • Ford : kumakuma0314 (or kumakumao314, not sure for the "o" or "0")
  • Dodge : TPC_ABarber95
  • Aston : Tob-Racer (see also: belfour / TPC_ABarber95, for other years or real art cars)
  • Chevrolet : GREENARCHER8502 (see also: superpilot61 for Larbre's Chevy art car)

Now for the:
bop.jpg

LMP1:
LMP1_Audi.jpg

LMP1_Porsche.jpg

LMP1_Toyota.jpg

LMP1_Reb_Toy.jpg

LMGTE:
GT_Aston.jpg

GT_Chevy.jpg

GT_Ferrari.jpg

GT_Ford.jpg

GT_Porsche.jpg

GT_Viper.jpg

I created this BOP only for Le Mans and AI cars. It would have been much better if I had to do it for humans as I have done in the past for GT5/6. AI doing its "things", this is really difficult to tell if I'm close or far to something good.

All cars have ballast and power restrictor installed. I didn't bought a single set of tyres for any of these cars, to prevent AI doing stupid things with it. AI has access to W/I tyres whatsoever.

The LMP1 BoP was built around the Audi which is the slowest car. I started with low aero config so they don't mess up too much with GT cars in the straight lines. The Toyota TS030 (aka Lola B12/60 Rebellion Racing '12) is slower on purpose. Here to be able to profit from the issues of the factory teams.

I built the LMGTE BoP starting from 1300kgs (because heavy Corvette), about 500Hp, and max aero. Then I've been tinkering around with this.

If it can help saving time. ;)