Gran Turismo 7 Custom Race thread

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 2,020 comments
I try to figure that one out but. :(

See if you can spot what the difference is.

713.27PP
View attachment 1228892View attachment 1228893

713.66PP
View attachment 1228894View attachment 1228896

I'm at a lost.

How about tires/width and bodykit? I know the different splitters/spoilers can have a 10+/- impact to PP.

Also, regarding liveries…while most are available, I was pleasantly surprised to find the livery maker easy to wield, if only a bit tedious. The real heroes are the folks uploading all the decals - I have made three or four (IMSA) liveries where I was able to pull up a picture of the car on my phone and haven’t yet run into missing decals/sponsors/etc. when going at it. Good luck!

Rounding error? Or margin of error?
Possible but it was the wheel rims on the 713.27pp there at wide and when I changed it to standard size it changed to 713.66pp.:D
How about tires/width and bodykit? I know the different splitters/spoilers can have a 10+/- impact to PP.

Also, regarding liveries…while most are available, I was pleasantly surprised to find the livery maker easy to wield, if only a bit tedious. The real heroes are the folks uploading all the decals - I have made three or four (IMSA) liveries where I was able to pull up a picture of the car on my phone and haven’t yet run into missing decals/sponsors/etc. when going at it. Good luck!
Thank you your reply made me look at the tires wheel size and that was the problem. :)

All the same now.:D
Gran Turismo® 7_20230207080157.jpg

Last edited:
So here it is, the first race report for my GT7 World Endurance Championship, Round 1 at Daytona!

The randomizer gave me that starting grid:
Dayt_01.jpg
(Unfortunately, no Switzerlang flag for Rebellion)

From the start to lap 21 (early problems):
Dayt_02.jpeg

First laps gave me Daytona 730pp flashbacks, AI is damn good here and it took me some time to find my pace.
Dayt_03.jpg

On lap 16, I was hit in the back by a Toyota trying to lapping me. :rolleyes: I was only losing 1s per lap, so I decided to stay on track:
Dayt_04.jpg

But at lap 20, I slammed into the wall at the apex of turn 1 and had no other choice than to pit... I will never try again to put my car close the tire wall here. Never!! Heard me? :scared:
Dayt_05.jpg
Dayt_06.jpg
I'm back on track at P18, with a #91 Porsche chasing me, and the #51 Ferrari as a rabbit. That's for sure gonna be a long race..

From lap 29 to 55 (back in the race):
Dayt_07.jpeg

The battle is on with The #51 AF Corse Ferrari as the top 3 LMP1 is going through. I finally manage to overtake it at the end of lap 29 for P15 (7th in class)! :mad: LMP1 leaders start collecting issues, and a Lola-Toyota Rebellion shows its nose on the provisional podium.
Dayt_08.jpg

As the Sun sets and AIs has to do their pit stops, I slowly recover positions:
Dayt_09.jpg

Until lap 48, and me being 16 seconds behind the leading GT car after it pited. The break is done. Without any problem, this Pink Pig Porsche #92 gonna win..
Dayt_10.jpg

Lap 55 and it is time for me to refuel the car.
Dayt_11.jpg

Back on track on the GT podium! Things looks good and I can pretend to a top 2 finish!
And as you can see, things happened in LMP1...
Dayt_12.jpg

From lap 56 to checkered flag (drama!):
Dayt_13.jpeg

This is lap 56, I can see in front of me the #93 Viper in P2, when I am suddenly harpooned by the #12 Rebellion at International Horseshoe! Despite I gave him all the place he needed to go through.. Damn! That's harsh!
Dayt_14.jpg

Second pit stop in a row. I come out P6 in GT, Aston Martin #95 is on my back and I'm probably out of contention for the podium.. Whatever, I will take everything that is given to me.
Dayt_15.jpg

So.. Well... Remember that tire wall at turn 1? My old tires started to produce oversteering in some parts of the track, LMP1 leader was pressuring me and:
Dayt_16.jpeg

BUMP! :banghead:
Dayt_17.jpg

Back on track again, P18 overall, last position into the points. 6 minutes to go and the #51 Ferrari (you again?!) in front of me is too far from me so that I could attack and overtake it. I have a fair margin over the #69 Ford GT, so I just have to bring back the car and take that point.
Notice that #5 Toyota LMP1, diving into an Audi for P2:
Dayt_18.jpg

Last lap of the race, 64 in total (how ironic!), and as you can see the #68 Ford had to stop again! Leaving me P17 (9th in class). Meanwhile Toyota attemps Toyota things, without success hopefully for them...
Dayt_19.jpg

Race results:
#6 Toyota took the first victory overall, while the #92 Porsche had a wonderful race and won it, hands down!
Dayt_21.jpg

The winning Toyota, lapping the winning Porsche:
Dayt_20.jpeg

Rankings after race 1 at Daytona:
LMP1 and GT crews ranking are obviously the same as the finish order.

LMP1 team championship standings:
1 - Toyota Gazoo Racing - 43 pts
2 - Porsche Team - 21 pts
3 - Rebellion Racing - 20 pts
4 - Audi Sport Team Joest - 14 pts

GTLM team championship standings:
1 - Porsche GT Team - 35 pts
2 - SRT Motorsports - 33 pts
3 - Aston Martin Racing - 20 pts
4 - Corvette Racing GM - 8 pts
5 - AF Corse - 4 pts
6 - Ford Chip Ganassi USA - 1 pt

That was a great and spicy race! Full of suspense! I can't wait to launch the next one at Road Atlanta, which I'm sure, will be a traffic nightmare! :gtpflag:

And my BoP tonight for the member that asked for it. Already a lot of pics here. :sly:

Incredible. What was your AI settings? Did you used BOP and Boost weak or not?
AI is on Professional both in main menu and custom race menu (I don't know if these two interacts). I used my own BoP, and boost was indeed on weak.

For those who were interested:

About liveries, here are the creators:
  • Toyota TS030 : ItsRippr
  • Ferrari : CAVERITO_BR
  • Porsche : Andy_EVO432
  • Ford : kumakuma0314 (or kumakumao314, not sure for the "o" or "0")
  • Dodge : TPC_ABarber95
  • Aston : Tob-Racer (see also: belfour / TPC_ABarber95, for other years or real art cars)
  • Chevrolet : GREENARCHER8502 (see also: superpilot61 for Larbre's Chevy art car)

Now for the:
bop.jpg

LMP1:
LMP1_Audi.jpg

LMP1_Porsche.jpg

LMP1_Toyota.jpg

LMP1_Reb_Toy.jpg

LMGTE:
GT_Aston.jpg

GT_Chevy.jpg

GT_Ferrari.jpg

GT_Ford.jpg

GT_Porsche.jpg

GT_Viper.jpg

I created this BOP only for Le Mans and AI cars. It would have been much better if I had to do it for humans as I have done in the past for GT5/6. AI doing its "things", this is really difficult to tell if I'm close or far to something good.

All cars have ballast and power restrictor installed. I didn't bought a single set of tyres for any of these cars, to prevent AI doing stupid things with it. AI has access to W/I tyres whatsoever.

The LMP1 BoP was built around the Audi which is the slowest car. I started with low aero config so they don't mess up too much with GT cars in the straight lines. The Toyota TS030 (aka Lola B12/60 Rebellion Racing '12) is slower on purpose. Here to be able to profit from the issues of the factory teams.

I built the LMGTE BoP starting from 1300kgs (because heavy Corvette), about 500Hp, and max aero. Then I've been tinkering around with this.

If it can help saving time. ;)

AI is on Professional both in main menu and custom race menu (I don't know if these two interacts). I used my own BoP, and boost was indeed on weak.

For those who were interested:

About liveries, here are the creators:
  • Toyota TS030 : ItsRippr
  • Ferrari : CAVERITO_BR
  • Porsche : Andy_EVO432
  • Ford : kumakuma0314 (or kumakumao314, not sure for the "o" or "0")
  • Dodge : TPC_ABarber95
  • Aston : Tob-Racer (see also: belfour / TPC_ABarber95, for other years or real art cars)
  • Chevrolet : GREENARCHER8502 (see also: superpilot61 for Larbre's Chevy art car)

Now for the:
View attachment 1228993

LMP1:

LMGTE:

I created this BOP only for Le Mans and AI cars. It would have been much better if I had to do it for humans as I have done in the past for GT5/6. AI doing its "things", this is really difficult to tell if I'm close or far to something good.

All cars have ballast and power restrictor installed. I didn't bought a single set of tyres for any of these cars, to prevent AI doing stupid things with it. AI has access to W/I tyres whatsoever.

The LMP1 BoP was built around the Audi which is the slowest car. I started with low aero config so they don't mess up too much with GT cars in the straight lines. The Toyota TS030 (aka Lola B12/60 Rebellion Racing '12) is slower on purpose. Here to be able to profit from the issues of the factory teams.

I built the LMGTE BoP starting from 1300kgs (because heavy Corvette), about 500Hp, and max aero. Then I've been tinkering around with this.

If it can help saving time. ;)
oohh, yes you truly did, thanks. Atleast, some kind of fun in this game

Hello all! Here is the race report of GT7 WEC's round 2 at Road Atlanta!

This is what the starting grid looked like:
Atl_01.jpg

From the start to lap 23 (drunk tortoise):
Atl_02.jpeg

After a good start and few positions gained, I quickly realized how lost and slow I was on this track..
Atl_03.jpeg

I get back to were I started - P17 - just trying to protect as I could. But the car in front of me was already far far away.
In front, out of nowhere, Audi are pushing hard.
Atl_04.jpg

#71 AF Corse Ferrari finally got me, but #95 Aston having problems, I stayed P17 (9th in LMGTE). My pace was nowhere near competitive, but as a Toyota was lapping me at lap 14, I saw my back was broken. :grumpy: I can't figure out when it happened, but I won't stop that soon.
Atl_05.jpg

Lap 23, the car felt more intuitive to drive, gaps staying pretty much the same. As.. Am I already lapping a Ford?
Atl_06.jpg

From lap 24 to 65 (chaotic chasing):
Atl_07.jpeg

Having finally found my rhythm, I start to climb back on the #71 Ferrari for P15 (7th in class). :D But being too agressive, I often misjudge the loss of downforce following it. I lose the car many times, then go chasing again. Clearly need to focus on that one.
Atl_08.jpg

I slowly fall behind the #71 Ferrari because of my mistakes, but it has to stop on lap 38. Behind me, cars seem to be collecting problems and the gap opens.
Atl_09.jpg

Lap 44, I do too many "stuff" but keep my 15th place. Time to pit and repair the damages done earlier.
Atl_10.jpg

Not without destroying the rest of the car when entering the pitlane...
Atl_11.jpg

I'm back on track at P18, but the car feels much more pleasant to drive now. Prepare yourself Aston!
Atl_12.jpg

Yet another Ford? :irked: What the hell...
Atl_13.jpg

Eventually I came back on the #97 Aston Martin which seemed to be following a Ferrari in distress. :confused:
Atl_14.jpg

But, thanks to me and my inconsistencies, the pass will come later on:
Atl_15.jpg

The overtake is done 5 laps later in the backstraight. The #71 Ferrari and the #91 Porsche are not far away in front. If I keep up, I can take on them before the end of the race, and even target better if other GTs have issues. P8 in class, potentially P6 or upper.
In LMP1, Toyotas shows themselves less and less often on the podium, Audi splits the Porsche.
Atl_16.jpg

Lap 66 (stuff):
Atl_17.jpeg

Atl_18.jpg

Atl_19.jpg

Holy crap! Once again in the last quarter of the race! :banghead:
Blue flags.. I can see it in my mirrors now, the GT leader... The "Pink Pig" Porsche #92! Damn!

Lap 67 to checkered flag (Staying focused for a point):
Atl_20.jpeg

So here it is, the #92 Porsche, trying to lapping me, and me trying to stay in front. Off course, my pace has evaporated, and the #95 Aston Martin is hungry for my place:
Atl_21.jpg

I manage to keep the pack behind me, which makes me think that without my mistakes I could have achieved a much better result.
But at lap 73, the #97 Aston Martin who overtook me as the #8 Audi dived into me - jumped into the pitlane! Hurray! :dopey:
Atl_22.jpg

Lap 81 and still in front of the pack, i looked into the mirror to find that the #92 Porsche wasn't leading anymore. The yellow sister car IS the new leader! :gtpflag:
Atl_23.jpg

I let him through and held off both Aston Martin until lap 85, the last of this race. Crossing the line with the winning #63 Corvette!
Atl_24.jpg

Race results:
In LMP1, the #1 Porsche take the first win in class for Porsche. The Toyotas who did 1-2 at Daytona finish out off the podium places. The #63 Corvette wins the race in LMGTE, followed by the #91 Porsche and the #53 SRT Dodge Viper. I'm once again far away, but hope for better results on more favorable tracks.

Atl_26.jpg

Team Corvette Racing GM crossing the line together, not in the same lap though:
Atl_25.jpeg

Standings after race 2 at Road Atlanta:
LMP1 Crew standings:
1 - #1 Porsche (2) - 40 pts
2 - #6 Toyota (6) - 31 pts
3 - #5 Toyota (4) - 30 pts
4 - #2 Porsche - 24 pts
5 - #7 Audi - 19 pts
6 - #8 Audi - 18 pts
7 - #12 Lola-Toyota - 18 pts
8 - #13 Lola-Toyota - 16 pts

LMGTE Crew standings:
1 - #92 Porsche (6) - 37 pts
2 - #63 Chevrolet - 31 pts
3 - #53 SRT Dodge (2) - 30 pts
4 - #91 Porsche - 28 pts
5 - #93 SRT Dodge (4) - 26 pts
6 - #97 Aston Martin - 14 pts
7 - #71 Ferrari - 10 pts
8 - #51 Ferrari - 10 pts
9 - #95 Aston Martin - 9 pts
10 - #64 Chevrolet - 8 pts
11 - #68 Ford - 1 pt
12 - #69 Ford - 0 pt

LMP1 team championship standings:
1 - Porsche Team - 64 pts
2 - Toyota Gazoo Racing - 61 pts
3 - Audi Sport Team Joest - 37 pts
4 - Rebellion Racing - 34 pts

GTLM team championship standings:
1 - Porsche GT Team - 65 pts
2 - SRT Motorsports - 56 pts
3 - Corvette Racing GM - 37 pts
4 - Aston Martin Racing - 23 pts
5 - AF Corse - 20 pts
6 - Ford Chip Ganassi USA - 1 pt

(actual success ballast in kg)*

Traffic on that one wasn't a joke, as I expected. Being lapped into the esses was torrific! But the most dangerous place was without any doubt the braking point just before the end of the pitlane, turn 1.

The third race will be hosted at Interlagos! :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Question do cars from your garage that the ai uses that dont have IM or wets tires automatically get IM or wets if you start a custom race in wet conditions?

Last edited:
This makes me sad, all cars stock with my dino having the lowest hp at 191hp and on cm tires.
Gran Turismo® 7_20230212024027.jpg

I shouldn't have to turn on a rubber banding effect to keep a f50 in front of a 191hp dino. :(

Last edited:
His makes me sad, all cars stock with my dino having the lowest hp at 191hp and on cm tires.
View attachment 1230096

I shouldn't have to turn on a rubber banding effect to keep a f50 in front of a 191hp dino. :(
what boost setting are you using? Definately you shoud try Boost on "weak" and AI on Pro definately.
Because this can't be working this normally. I am using my LMP1 and GT3 grids and LMP1 cars are way way way faster than GT3. So with this Ferrari grid something was setup wrong.

what boost setting are you using? Definately you shoud try Boost on "weak" and AI on Pro definately.
Because this can't be working this normally. I am using my LMP1 and GT3 grids and LMP1 cars are way way way faster than GT3. So with this Ferrari grid something was setup wrong.
Yes I know about the boost setting stuff but that was not the point of my post. My post was about I shouldn't have to turn on what's basically a rubber banding effect to make faster cars stay in front of slower cars.

In general I'm not a fan of rubber banding in racing games.

I still choose random weather slots. I just make sure I have available RS for the car I’m using.

Just ran an hour (simulated 12) on a track with rain…a lot of “?” randomized weather slots. Not a drop of rain all day! Surprised me…curious if you’ve learned any ‘rules’ as you’ve likely played with it much more than I have. Maybe I just got (un)lucky? Small sample size over here, but could understand if there was logic built in to prevent my race from toggling wet/dry every 5min. Thanks

Question: If I bought RM tires on a Gr 3 that had RH by default, would the AI use the default or switch them between stints?

Just ran an hour (simulated 12) on a track with rain…a lot of “?” randomized weather slots. Not a drop of rain all day! Surprised me…curious if you’ve learned any ‘rules’ as you’ve likely played with it much more than I have. Maybe I just got (un)lucky? Small sample size over here, but could understand if there was logic built in to prevent my race from toggling wet/dry every 5min. Thanks
Yeah, that's the random part of it. Depends which track as well. I've seen more rain at Dragon Trail Gardens, than other tracks. Sometimes, my races have started with wet conditions at DTG, Fuji and Nurb GP.
Question: If I bought RM tires on a Gr 3 that had RH by default, would the AI use the default or switch them between stints?
AI will use the RH as default. Haven't tested RM on Gr.3 car during dry pit stops.

Ok. I'm getting ready to do my first GT-only race in my IMSA Championship, so just wanted to check before I do it. Don't want to have a GT with an advantage in the full grid.

Hi all, just wrapped up a long day running and photographing my second round of my custom IMSA ‘23 season. Posted the series across three albums, to tell the story of my race. It was a nail-biter!

I toughened up and went for 2hrs, inspired by suomi, despite only running 90min at Daytona. Forgive my test round! Maybe I’ll post those photos soon…hope you enjoy (and hope these links are visible)!

The good (L1-23):
The bad (L24-61):
The ugly (L62-74):

#######
SPOILER
#######
Proud of one of my best ever drives until the rain came with 20min remaining (and soft tires for final 4laps), I narrowly escaped with a win (GTD/Pro) after the Gt gods smiled upon me with one lap to go.

Can share my BoP soon if that’s interesting. Immense thanks to all the livery creators out there! Snuck a couple of my own in, too ;)

Attachments

• 81024633-2328-4473-9B78-B9A02CC502AF.jpeg
    81024633-2328-4473-9B78-B9A02CC502AF.jpeg
    145.5 KB · Views: 18

Latest Posts

Back