Gran Turismo 7 Custom Race thread

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 2,140 comments
Dude, I need more info on this grid ^^!

Looks like it was a blast! I too am finding that this track is great for AI races!

Dude, I need more info on this grid ^^!

Looks like it was a blast! I too am finding that this track is great for AI races!

There you go! CSLs are at 630pp. The Roadster Camaros has fully power reduced and almost full ballasted (180kg or so). The 512BB is also severely power reduced but no ballast. The Panteras and GTO are between 610 - 620pp. The remainder of the grid are less than 615pp.

Last edited:
Finally finished buying my full grid of Samba Bus Type 2 and the Jeep. :) The fiat 500 f 68 is next I just love this low power super slow odd balls cars there so cute and having a full grid with all the wonderful community livery is awesome.

Question what's the limit to the garage? I'm at 346 cars and fear I may run out of space.
Gran Turismo® 7_20230221092956.jpgGran Turismo® 7_20230221092946.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20230221093011.jpg

Last edited:
I’m convinced the AI has some kind of improvement. This is Boost Weak, but normally, there’d be a few hiccups by the AI. A few moments of brake checking or weird slowdown. During my recent races after this current update, I’ve had no problems as such. The race below, though Suzuka isn’t the easiest place to pass, had all of us finishing within five seconds. Start to finish.

I’d really like to know if PD have been improving the programming pace.

I’m convinced the AI has some kind of improvement. This is Boost Weak, but normally, there’d be a few hiccups by the AI. A few moments of brake checking or weird slowdown. During my recent races after this current update, I’ve had no problems as such. The race below, though Suzuka isn’t the easiest place to pass, had all of us finishing within five seconds. Start to finish.

Are all cars equally tuned in that race?

Are all cars equally tuned in that race?
Four Camaros: one at 644.60, two 643.86, one 643.25.
Eight 911s: two at 643.04, six 642.60(I’m using one of those)
Three GT-R: 622.36
Two Fugu Z: 608.82

I start from dead last in many of my races before the update. Now, I’m starting mid pack and not making it to the front. From 15 minutes to thrifty minutes. I did five laps at St Croix and got left in the dust. I quit a few times to restart and see what I could do different and same results. AI use all the aids. So, they’ll always get a good launch from start and out of hard throttle corner exits.

Did a race at Daytona Road Course. It has some spots where AI are iffy. They’ll not be fast on the bankings so I’d catch up. Again, with certain cars. I did a mock BTCC race with the Gr.4 AWD sedans and they were all quick on the banking. So, I couldn’t make up time from the rear of the grid.

As for these cars at all the tracks I’m trialling, I’m the one holding up the AI. Once they get by me, they’re gone through to the finish.
Like above, Suzuka should be a bit more technical, allowing me to capitalise on AI maybe being slow out of some corners, or hesitant when I’m behind, etc. I’m going as hard as I can, trying to minimise oversteer and out raking myself and anticipating any brake checks by the AI(which they haven’t been doing after this update).

Lastly, the Bathurst test. They still lightly tap the brakes at Sulman, which is fine. They keep momentum up. What’s happened now is, the programming has gotten worse at the dipper. The cars are literally crawling through there. Super slow. Slower than before the update.

Can confirm the AI has improved

Today I’ve made a start on a Porsche Cup series.
I’ve bought 14 ‘09 997s so far and given them all wide body’s and cup liveries before running out of money.

They are all around 600pp at the moment and in my first test race I only finished 10th after starting last in a 10 lap race at Red Bull Ring.

Need to grind some more before I can get a full grid all with my own bop.

Can confirm the AI has improved

Today I’ve made a start on a Porsche Cup series.
I’ve bought 14 ‘09 997s so far and given them all wide body’s and cup liveries before running out of money.

They are all around 600pp at the moment and in my first test race I only finished 10th after starting last in a 10 lap race at Red Bull Ring.

Need to grind some more before I can get a full grid all with my own bop.
Well, you scare me tbh... :lol:

Can confirm that AI pace had been improved. Just tried Watkins Glen, with my radical s3 grid with all cars ranging 600 to 605 pp, 30 min race. Standing start from 20, at first lap went to 12. And then for every position really had to work until reached 8 and had accident. Finished the race 15.

Last edited:

1965 grid is coming together! Just need to start buying to get rid of duplicates now. All the major competitive names are in my grid now 😁. I wish I could share this custom grid with you guys. It's so much fun. This car alone has revitalized this game for me.

The AI start in the order that the real drivers finished in the championship in during the 65' season. There were some others in between, but back then it seemed that drivers hopped in and hopped out depending on the event. I picked the driver pairing based off the two who completed the most races.

I'm also thinking of adding 1 or 2 of the South African Formula league cars that competed in the first event that year too.

Last edited:
First update in a while. This is from last month, but it went well enough that I thought it worthy to share. I've been building up my Super GT grid, and finally finished off the 2016 GT500 cars, liveries and all. Seeing as Okayama isn't in the game, I chose Kyoto Yamagiwa as the first round of the series. 300km, 61 laps, Tyre and Fuel wear set to 2x, Boost weak and weather progression set to 2x Random. I was driving as Ryo Hirakawa in the #37 KeePer TOM's RC F.

It was a great race. Despite getting spun in the second lap battling for P8, I still managed to have a tight race. Pit strategy almost got me, because by the penultimate lap my tyres were shot and my fuel was blinking. Still managed to pull it across in P1, mind you with a .2s gap and a 3.7s penalty. Final result was 2nd.
Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa_.jpeg
Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa__1.jpeg
Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa__2.jpeg
Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa__3.jpeg

The AI in GT500 cars really shine on this circuit. Pace was acceptable at the time. Now that I'm reading that the AI might be improved, I'll need to give it another go.

Last edited:

There you go! CSLs are at 630pp. The Roadster Camaros has fully power reduced and almost full ballasted (180kg or so). The 512BB is also severely power reduced but no ballast. The Panteras and GTO are between 610 - 620pp. The remainder of the grid are less than 615pp.

love the Honda 272 race - how did you get a full field of different liveries - lobby race - event - or you bought them all ??? or am i missing out on something

Last edited:

1965 grid is coming together! Just need to start buying to get rid of duplicates now. All the major competitive names are in my grid now 😁. I wish I could share this custom grid with you guys. It's so much fun. This car alone has revitalized this game for me.

The AI start in the order that the real drivers finished in the championship in during the 65' season. There were some others in between, but back then it seemed that drivers hopped in and hopped out depending on the event. I picked the driver pairing based off the two who completed the most races.

I'm also thinking of adding 1 or 2 of the South African Formula league cars that competed in the first event that year too.

that looks awesome fella

When do you think we can use Sophy in Custom Races?
Never, honestly. She needs to be trained for every car, tyre and track combination, she doesn't just work as a "plug and play" AI.

For her to be usable in custom races (without limitations) she'd need to be trained for every aspect of tuning, any slight change in performance, every car, every tyre, every track, every weather condition, every wind variable - and so on. A physical impossibility of course.

Realistically she'll be locked to missions/specific events and the only time we'll get to use her like a normal AI will be in another game entirely, when there's a chance she's been gutted and whatever AI GT8 uses has had some behaviour tweaks based on what they learnt from her.

love the Honda 272 race - how did you get a full field of different liveries - lobby race - event - or you bought them all ??? or am i missing out on something
I have bought 11 so far! Just doubled up the cars with names. The only non-duplicates on the the grid are the number 11 and 12 real Honda's in red and white

Last edited:
Back