Gran Turismo 7 Custom Race thread

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 2,132 comments
Hey, all, if it’s okay, would anyone mind giving some feedback on some events for my custom career? I plan to post it once it’s done, and there are some elements which may be kind of overwhelming or too in-depth for some who want a more laid back experience.

I’ve got GT3 and GT4 championships, following the GT World Challenge, SRO GT4 and British GT regulations, and there are multiple races per weekend.

As I have it, you would be playing as yourself in the first race, and your second driver in the second race.

Qualifying 1 determines the grid for Race 1. Q2 sets the grid for Race 2.

Driver 1 competes in Q1 and Race 1, Driver 2 competes in Q2 and Race 2.

Qualifying times are based around the best time I can set, they are preset and come with the career, the player only has to set their best time and compare with other drivers for their position. If there is a better way to do this, please let me know!

I was wondering if I should add a version which is one race and one qualifying session per event? I’m sure some want the real format, but others may just want to race in a less complex format.

I’ll be creating spreadsheets to help with keeping track of points and such for each championship, I want to streamline the manual elements as much as possible, and I want to give everyone the chance to play how they want (of course none of this can be enforced, it’s sort of a house rules situation, but if one wants to follow the regulations in my career, I want there to be options for everyone’s play style).

Hey, all, if it’s okay, would anyone mind giving some feedback on some events for my custom career? I plan to post it once it’s done, and there are some elements which may be kind of overwhelming or too in-depth for some who want a more laid back experience.

I’ve got GT3 and GT4 championships, following the GT World Challenge, SRO GT4 and British GT regulations, and there are multiple races per weekend.

As I have it, you would be playing as yourself in the first race, and your second driver in the second race.

Qualifying 1 determines the grid for Race 1. Q2 sets the grid for Race 2.

Driver 1 competes in Q1 and Race 1, Driver 2 competes in Q2 and Race 2.

Qualifying times are based around the best time I can set, they are preset and come with the career, the player only has to set their best time and compare with other drivers for their position. If there is a better way to do this, please let me know!

I was wondering if I should add a version which is one race and one qualifying session per event? I’m sure some want the real format, but others may just want to race in a less complex format.

I’ll be creating spreadsheets to help with keeping track of points and such for each championship, I want to streamline the manual elements as much as possible, and I want to give everyone the chance to play how they want (of course none of this can be enforced, it’s sort of a house rules situation, but if one wants to follow the regulations in my career, I want there to be options for everyone’s play style).

How do I explore the finer details? I feel like I saw a post of yours once upon a time but couldn’t find the career laid out with a quick glance at your ‘messages.’ Can you be more specific about the sort of feedback you’re interested in?

For one, thanks for investing in this initiative. It sounds super cool and like the type of thing I would want to try. I will add a vote in favor of the simpler format, as I am not even really familiar with the “real thing,” personally.

Re: feedback, you mention “events.” Perhaps I am thinking about this the wrong way, but I imagine many of us yearn for the classic “career mode” events of old GTs. I would think your custom career could have familiar events (to GT vets) with better competition than what comes out of the box. Given what you have written, though, it sort of seems like you might just be looking for ideas on tracks to replicate the real life championships you listed, with which I am not familiar. Were it the case, I’d happily do some research on whatever tracks you told me to look into and provide my thoughts.

For qualifying, I want to make sure I’m following your “compare with other drivers” bit. Is that to say, you have the results saved from when you ran your best time and we will compete with your AI from that run? It sounds like a good way to do it, but I phrase it that way to call attention to what might make it NOT a good way, inasmuch as your AI having received a speed boost an inferior driver won’t be able to compete with. If that appears to be problematic as you get testing, maybe there’s a smaller version of the main event you can run to handle qualifying, or base it around prior-event or cumulative performance after the first event of the season. Probably more creative ways, too.

How do I explore the finer details? I feel like I saw a post of yours once upon a time but couldn’t find the career laid out with a quick glance at your ‘messages.’ Can you be more specific about the sort of feedback you’re interested in?

For one, thanks for investing in this initiative. It sounds super cool and like the type of thing I would want to try. I will add a vote in favor of the simpler format, as I am not even really familiar with the “real thing,” personally.

Re: feedback, you mention “events.” Perhaps I am thinking about this the wrong way, but I imagine many of us yearn for the classic “career mode” events of old GTs. I would think your custom career could have familiar events (to GT vets) with better competition than what comes out of the box. Given what you have written, though, it sort of seems like you might just be looking for ideas on tracks to replicate the real life championships you listed, with which I am not familiar. Were it the case, I’d happily do some research on whatever tracks you told me to look into and provide my thoughts.

For qualifying, I want to make sure I’m following your “compare with other drivers” bit. Is that to say, you have the results saved from when you ran your best time and we will compete with your AI from that run? It sounds like a good way to do it, but I phrase it that way to call attention to what might make it NOT a good way, inasmuch as your AI having received a speed boost an inferior driver won’t be able to compete with. If that appears to be problematic as you get testing, maybe there’s a smaller version of the main event you can run to handle qualifying, or base it around prior-event or cumulative performance after the first event of the season. Probably more creative ways, too.
Here is the post where I go into the events within the career: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gran-turismo-7-custom-race-thread.404820/post-13927479

Happy to 😊 The reason I started working on it is because of the lack of events in the game. There are more now, but for veterans who have finished most or all of what the game has to offer, it doesn’t feel like a big increase, because there have only been 2 or 3 events per update.

There are a host of classic GT style events to play, I wanted to try a motorsport ladder career but also have classic events as many enjoy them, me included.

I have some events straight from older games, with many original ones that aim to give purpose to cars that go unused or don’t have a reason to be driven in the game’s events, as well as through one-make/manufacturer events.

For feedback, it was as you mentioned, what kind of qualifying format you’d prefer for events/rounds within a championship that have two races.

In real life, for GT World Challenge, there are two qualifiers, one for each race. Driver 1 competes in the first qualifying session and race, driver 2 competes in the second qualifying session and race.

I believe it is broadly the same across the SRO endurance championships.

It does sound more complex than it is in practice, as you would be acting as your first and second drivers. If you think of it as two qualifying sessions and two races, then it seems more straightforward.

I will add a condensed format, thank you for the feedback!

———

Regarding qualifying times, the plan is that AI times will be “built-in” to the career, around a time I have set. I’m an average driver so if someone needs to, they can take a second or more off the pole time.

For example, let’s say I set a 1:30 on Sardegna. I will take that as a baseline time and set the AI’s qualifying times to be around that, ranging from a second faster, to a second or two slower.

The user then simply compares their best time trial lap with the list of qualifying times to find their starting position.

The downside is that everyone has the same qualifying times to beat, but I don’t know if there’s an easy way to distribute lots of different AI times for each person’s career.

Last edited:
Appreciate the context. I’ll dive into the details in a bit, may add more thoughts later. Makes sense on the double-header weekends…though perhaps the argument for a single-header would be to immerse oneself in the perspective of a single driver, who qualifies and competes once. RIP B-Spec, would be perfect for race two to shake up the teams’ points if P1 wins every race.

For qualifying, a few things to consider:
  • community-source it. I would think getting folks in here to log lap time for a bit could give you a good representative base for what times constitute which position in the grid, or alternatively what ‘career set’ of times to sign oneself up for based on how fast that person is relative to your 1:30 on Sardegna. For example, if I can only drive a 1:40, I could exist in your ‘base’ dataset as an “easy difficulty” one can sign up for instead of whatever comes with your 1:30. Downside is that you need each ‘difficulty’ setter to record times for every event in your career.
  • lean into the “Sardegna benchmark.” Record everything as a %age delta from this 1:30 you set. If I can only do that track in 1:40, I won’t have to necessarily qualify dead last throughout the career, rather I can make the target times for subsequent events dynamic based on how I fared with the benchmark track/car. You lapped event 2 in 1:45? I would add 16.67% to my 1:40 and try to beat 1:57. It’s imperfect, but representative, and something your spreadsheets can likely handle. This could start simple, as described, and thicken to include category- or series-specific benchmark ‘tests’ so as not to broad brush across classic cars and Gr1s, etc.

Liking that second one more than the first as it doesn’t have the “time commitment” drawback. I’ll hit ‘send’ there :)

I have started a TCR championship.
The rules are simple:
Specs Gr4
Tuned commercial cars only
Sedans or 5-door coupes only
Cars from '00 onwards

The first race has been exciting in the ring. 4 laps with expert difficulty and weak boost. I was driving an Atenza, slightly slower in the corner but fast on the straights and with great fuel efficiency.
Well, in the first lap the p1 was 16 seconds ahead of me. In the end I'd come in second thanks to my fuel efficiency, if I hadn't been behind the 10th.
He has won a dogde charger, 2 seconds ahead of me and 7 seconds ahead of the BMW M4. Might have to nerf the charger.
The AI is very fast on this track with tuned cars and with a matched performance on the track verified by me.

f773ace30d630772a87015c686567e6d_photo.webp

59a085d1a0bb3650a7a78da69af90115_photo.webp

532694660260fd22bcc655028003dc67_photo.webp

a10bbdc8c3f819a45015e75b8d2bc655_photo.webp

cf05ea5de4356690bb80dea99919f949_photo.webp

6301effb91d3a4eba3eebaab4af870d4_photo.webp

b6b2d76383b33e06ad82b3c8daacbd34_photo.webp

5d9ce70e962d13f875ca20626c88ec26_photo.webp
The AI always indicate and pull over to let me by on this track. How can I stop this?

Last edited:
The AI are programmed to signal at this track. However, using boost, they’ll get on the gas just when youre alongside and just about to overtake. Also, AI will prolong pulling over, when at corner entry.

The AI are programmed to signal at this track. However, using boost, they’ll get on the gas just when youre alongside and just about to overtake. Also, AI will prolong pulling over, when at corner entry
So not able to race against AI on the best track in the game. Why they would programme this in baffles me.

I have started a TCR championship.
The rules are simple:
Specs Gr4
Tuned commercial cars only
Sedans or 5-door coupes only
Cars from '00 onwards

The first race has been exciting in the ring. 4 laps with expert difficulty and weak boost. I was driving an Atenza, slightly slower in the corner but fast on the straights and with great fuel efficiency.
Well, in the first lap the p1 was 16 seconds ahead of me. In the end I'd come in second thanks to my fuel efficiency, if I hadn't been behind the 10th.
He has won a dogde charger, 2 seconds ahead of me and 7 seconds ahead of the BMW M4. Might have to nerf the charger.
The AI is very fast on this track with tuned cars and with a matched performance on the track verified by me.

f773ace30d630772a87015c686567e6d_photo.webp

59a085d1a0bb3650a7a78da69af90115_photo.webp

532694660260fd22bcc655028003dc67_photo.webp

a10bbdc8c3f819a45015e75b8d2bc655_photo.webp

cf05ea5de4356690bb80dea99919f949_photo.webp

6301effb91d3a4eba3eebaab4af870d4_photo.webp

b6b2d76383b33e06ad82b3c8daacbd34_photo.webp

5d9ce70e962d13f875ca20626c88ec26_photo.webp
Nice line-up and images. How do you find the replays perform when you have selected loads of cars with customer liveries/tunes? Do you tune the cars before selecting them from your garage?

I find that whenever I create a race with a load of my tuned garage cars with customer liveries, the frame rate drops dramatically if there are more than 3 cars on screen. It's really annoying that my PS5 seems to struggle with this, even when optimising frame rate. Add weather into the equation and it's like watching a Ray Harryhausen movie.

I do love the fact they've allowed this element of freedom into the game though - nice touch.

Ok will give it a try. Cheers
Didn't test this either. But this AI behaviour on nordshleife is 100% intended not a Bug, because the Nordshleife (without NurbGP) is used mainly as touris track/track day track it have even tourist layout option with ticket entries. This AI is just behaving like traffic this is actually pretty cool to be honest, but it would be better to have this AI behavior as option not forced. (this "kind" AI behaviour would be great on Tokyo Express :D )

Last edited:
Hi! Here is the race report of GT7 WEC's round 3 at São Paulo / Interlagos!
I could have done it earlier, but I would have missed few cars into the Legendary Car dealership. You know the story.....
So I had to postpone fun in order to grind for money.

This is what the starting grid looked like:
Int_01.jpg

From the start to lap 17 (So here is the pace!):
Int_02.jpeg

After a good start and an overtake on the #51 AF Corse Ferrari, I was able by the end of the first lap to challenge the #93 SRT Viper for P14, taken at turn 1.
Int_03.jpg

As I was chasing the #71 Ferrari, the Aston Martin squadron slowly closed on me. Anyway, I took that P13 (5th in class). :D
Int_04.jpg

While the Ferrari stayed hanged to my spoiler, I was able to close on a battle for the last podium place (for P11 overall). Featuring my yellow sister :dopey: and miss Pink Pig #92. :scared:
Int_05.jpg

Two laps later, I was able to take advantage of AI's poor handling of the blue flags to overtake them both on the last corner. Meanwhile the #95 Aston Martin overtook the #71 Ferrari. First time into the top 3 since Daytona.
Int_06.jpg

Faster lap after faster lap, I took the better over the #91 Rothmans Porsche for P2 in class. At the exact same place. Next step: #53 SRT Dodge Viper! Pretty happy of my pace for now... :cheers:
Int_07.jpg

...as the #6 Toyota observes an early pit stop:
Int_08.jpg

From lap 18 to lap 43 (And so here are the LMP1..):
Int_09.jpeg

Lap 18, I could then see the LMGTE leading Viper when... :banghead:
Int_10.jpg
Int_11.jpg

What a drama! Back on track at P18, in front of the #93 SRT Viper and behind the #91 Porsche that was unable to avoid me when the #5 Toyota dived into me, and had to repair damages too. But.. buuut... My car has not been repaired... :odd:
Looks like we have a Rebellion on the podium for now.
Int_12.jpg

So, after a lap to check how was my car's pace, I had no choice but to stop again. Last, 20 seconds behind the penultimate.
Int_13.jpg

Lap 30. They are still things to do in that race, my pace looks good, so we'll see what comes next:
Int_14.jpg
:banghead:

Heeeeellll!!!! Booty is bleeding again..
But this is not the best timing for a pit stop, I have to stay on track with a broken car or I will have to pit twice and lose even more. By the way, thank you Audi. Sure it was a good idea not to stop! :banghead:
Int_15.jpg

Lap 40. I'm trying to concentrate but it became difficult as the sun ingame was setting, so does the real one lighnening my screen. My hands are painfull, as the car is. Still last of the race, 5s behind the P19 car who did a pit stop.
Int_16.jpg

Lap 43, it's time to repair all that mess and refuel the whole thing. :yuck: In the meantime at the top of the field, Porsche are back at P1 and 2, and never lost that first place. It looks like the Viper are not enjoying Brazil.
Without any surprise, back on track still last and 50 seconds behind the #93 SRT Viper. Awful! But no more pit stop from there.
Int_17.jpg
Int_18.jpg

From lap 44 to checkered flag (let's drive then):
Int_19.jpeg

Lap 47. Very last and out of the points, there is nothing to lose anymore. All I can do is pushing and cross my fingers. :grumpy:
Happy to recover a good handling car, and to unlap myself from that #91 Porsche and in the next laps from the #68 Chip Ganassi Ford (above). :sly:
About 40 minutes to go, and it looks like Porsche is having problem in front, starting by the #1.
Int_20.jpg

Clear racing and no futher action until lap 59. The #93 SRT Viper had to stop a lap earlier, leaving to me its P19. Still, the #53 Viper and the last point to take are more than 40 seconds ahead!!
Into LMP1 class, this is now the #2 Porsche encoutering issues. The unholy #5 Toyota takes the lead. :lol:
Int_21.jpg

Next lap (60), the #69 Chip Ganassi Ford observes a regular pit stop, letting the #53 Viper going through but not long enough for me to overtake it. 15 seconds behind P18.
Int_22.jpg

Lap 63, the #69 Ford has to stop again (weird things from the AI I guess, judging by its fuel level)! But this is it! My point! :dopey:
Int_23.jpg

Lap 66, a lot of stuff is going on in front of me.
Int_24.jpg

Lap 71 and I'm getting tired, but that one is for me. :boggled: My only run-off in that race.
Int_25.jpg

And finally, here is the last lap!
Int_26.jpg

Race results:
We have a first victory for the #5 Toyota, and the first of all for Ferrari with the #71 AF Corse. Me remembering being ahead of that very car at the beginning of the race... A first podium for Aston Martin too!

Int_27.jpg

Standings after race 3 at Interlagos:

LMP1 Crew standings:
1 - #1 Porsche (8) - 58 pts
2 - #5 Toyota (4) - 55 pts
3 - #6 Toyota (6) - 39 pts
4 - #2 Porsche (4) - 39 pts
5 - #8 Audi - 30 pts
6 - #13 Lola-Toyota - 26 pts
7 - #7 Audi (2) - 25 pts
8 - #12 Lola-Toyota - 22 pts

LMGTE Crew standings:
1 - #91 Porsche (4) - 46 pts
2 - #63 Chevrolet (6) - 43 pts
3 - #92 Porsche (6) - 39 pts
4 - #53 SRT Dodge (4) - 38 pts
5 - #71 Ferrari - 35 pts
6 - #93 SRT Dodge (4) - 26 pts
7 - #95 Aston Martin - 24 pts
8 - #97 Aston Martin - 18 pts
9 - #51 Ferrari - 16 pts
10 - #68 Ford - 11 pt
11 - #64 Chevrolet - 7 pts **
12 - #69 Ford - 0 pt

LMP1 team championship standings:
1 - Porsche Team - 97 pts
2 - Toyota Gazoo Racing - 94 pts
3 - Audi Sport Team Joest - 55 pts
4 - Rebellion Racing - 48 pts

GTLM team championship standings:
1 - Porsche GT Team - 85 pts
2 - SRT Motorsports - 64 pts
3 - AF Corse - 51 pts
4 - Corvette Racing GM - 50 pts
5 - Aston Martin Racing - 42 pts
6 - Ford Chip Ganassi USA - 11 pt

* (actual success ballast in kg)
** typo in the standings after race 2, I had 6 points, not 8.

Well, it looks like the same race over again! Thanksfully as I drive, some things happen on the track and there is no really time to be bored.

The problem being, faster LMP1 AIs tend to use me as a barrier to go faster as we (I) did in the old GT games... There is something wrong about their hitboxes. Like if there was none actually and all AI cars were dots and not rectangles. Strange...

Whatever! I hope the next race at Fuji will go better for me. It's a bit wider, so I can eventually avoid contacts!

See you! :gtpflag:

Isn’t it only on nordschleife layout only? Try it on endurance layout with part of Nurb GP
After testing, nope unfortunately it’s on all layouts.
I've still had good battles. The AI that I passed, would hound me to the finish. So, it's not like they'll drop a lap behind. It's annoying, but there's still enough racing.

I did some tests.

Gr.3
bop applied
2 laps 24H layout
20 cars , starting 20th
Damage light
Car contact penalty on
Shortcut penalty on
Real slipstream

Test 1 boost weak

Field was reasonably spread out. Made up 12 places by end of lap one.
Every position gained was because AI moved over and slowed down. Sometimes the AI seemed nice and racey and then randomly just gave up. Just when the racing was about to get good the AI just gives up sometimes straight away and sometimes after a few corners.
Start of lap 2 passed 4 cars on turn 1 after one of the AI spun.
Lead group was 6 seconds ahead as I left the gp circuit to join the Nordschleife.

About midway into lap 2 the AI cars in front slowed right down and completely ruined the race. I caught up easily. Led by 5 seconds at start of Dottigher Hohe. AI then got speed boost and pushed me to the line. Won the race but didn’t enjoy it. Felt really scripted.

Test 2 same settings but Boost set to a strong

This was just a farce to be honest.
Made up 8 places on the gp circuit of lap 1 as AI was really slow.
Led the race by the carousel with the AI in a long queue behind me. Didn’t feel challenged at all.
Won easily mostly racing on my own.

Test 3 same settings but Boost set to off.

Another extremely slow start from AI
I was in 10th by end of gp circuit on lap 1
AI gave up positions easily again sometimes indicating left and sometimes indicating right.

Field was much more spread out for this one.
Which felt more realistic. However at the start of lap 2 I was 6 seconds behind 5th place and 14 seconds off lead.
The AI then slowed right down and by the end of the gp circuit the gap to lead was 6 seconds and I was right on tail of 5th. I’d made up 8 seconds on the lead car in 1 lap of the gp circuit which ruined any sense of fun I was having in the race up to that point.

The Ford GT in 5th then indicated and slowed right down to allow me to pass. I was pretty annoyed by now as another race was ruined so I backed off purposely refusing to pass him. He just got slower and slower so I then decided I’d send him to the shadow realm as we went through Bergwerk.
I received no penalty despite purposely sending him to orbit. I then rage quit like a petulant child and switched off.

Conclusion.. AI programming is broken at the Nurburgring unfortunately.
Even with no boost the AI slow down and rubber banding is still in force.

Shame as it’s such a great track.

Last edited:
That's partly why I dislike GR.3 and GR.4 for custom racing. I don't do GR.3 at all.
For me, the BOP seems all wrong for one, depending on track as well.

I use my built cars. Group A mainly. My set ups are "PD default" . Meaning, not optimal time attack settings. So, the cars can be twitchy( wheel spin and stability) for me, but since AI use all the aids, it balances out my performance in the same car as the AI.

Nice line-up and images. How do you find the replays perform when you have selected loads of cars with customer liveries/tunes? Do you tune the cars before selecting them from your garage?

I find that whenever I create a race with a load of my tuned garage cars with customer liveries, the frame rate drops dramatically if there are more than 3 cars on screen. It's really annoying that my PS5 seems to struggle with this, even when optimising frame rate. Add weather into the equation and it's like watching a Ray Harryhausen movie.

I do love the fact they've allowed this element of freedom into the game though - nice touch.
I didn't notice fps drops
The cars are tuned by me, the performance is very similar.
Thanks a lot

Alright. Bought ten FF Gr.4 cars to try a TCR test of the AI at Nurb24.

Started P20/20. Finished P7/20.
BoP Off. No damage. Flags off. Tyre 1x/Fuel 1x. Boost Weak. last place finished 34seconds behind leader. No car left behind.
Gr.4 Suzukis are tuned to 313BHP/1100kg/PP 625
All other cars are 334-335BHP/1250kg
Renaults can only drop to PP 627 with the above specs(ballast is full forward). Audi, Peugeot and VW are PP 625.

On the final lap, it’s as if my rear tyres are cold. Maybe they are. Couldn’t trust the rear grip. Hence, I’m a bit off at corners.

In-car view live.

Full replay with results at the end.

We shouldn’t have to adjust tuning to achieve our desired results, with certain cars at certain circuits. However, we can still have fun the way we all choose to play.

Last edited:
Some discussion in this thread about boost settings, but they’re still mystifying.

For most of my custom race experience I raced on none thinking this was the most challenging setting but apparently not.

Is boost essentially just a basic difficulty setting? Strong=hard, Weak=medium, None=easy?

Also, why would the payouts be highest on None and progressively get lower from weak to strong? Seems backwards.

I race mixed PP road cars and the None setting would usually result in a showdown with a single AI to the finish. Not much fun and gets repetitive.

Tried weak and the races are pretty competitive, but I cannot catch AI with a higher PP level.

🧐

Some discussion in this thread about boost settings, but they’re still mystifying.

For most of my custom race experience I raced on none thinking this was the most challenging setting but apparently not.

Is boost essentially just a basic difficulty setting? Strong=hard, Weak=medium, None=easy?

Also, why would the payouts be highest on None and progressively get lower from weak to strong? Seems backwards.

I race mixed PP road cars and the None setting would usually result in a showdown with a single AI to the finish. Not much fun and gets repetitive.

Tried weak and the races are pretty competitive, but I cannot catch AI with a higher PP level.

🧐
Boost = none is broken imo there’s still rubber banding in effect. The AI will slow down considerably to let you catch up in my experience. It’s easy to win.

Boost = Strong keeps the field tight, might be a good setting for oval racing, although I haven’t tried it yet.

Boost weak = the best setting imo. The field does get spread out and the AI will race you. Feels like this setting should have been labelled real.

That’s my take on it anyway.

Boost = none is broken imo there’s still rubber banding in effect. The AI will slow down considerably to let you catch up in my experience. It’s easy to win.

Boost = Strong keeps the field tight, might be a good setting for oval racing, although I haven’t tried it yet.

Boost weak = the best setting imo. The field does get spread out and the AI will race you. Feels like this setting should have been labelled real.

That’s my take on it anyway.
From my limited testing, Strong seems to activate later in terms of the distance behind the leader. On Boost Weak, the AI were closer to me around one lap or Watkins Glen than they were with Strong.

Thankfully, Weak removes the insane slowdown the AI will do when they’re far ahead, up to 20 seconds a lap slower if you’re a lap down. Check out this video by @Roflwaffle which goes into the AI and how they tick:

Last edited:
That video is fantastic and on point. I wish PD would take note.
Rubber banding has always created frustration is just like the scripting in FIFA. Developers think it’s a requirement to give casual players excitement. They think that serious players will simply go online. This may be true in some cases but there’s a whole load of serious gamers that grew up playing single player games.

Keep the rubber banding there as the default option so casual players don’t miss out. But give us a separate option to switch it off for those that want it.
Creating good competitive, proper off line races can help players so much when then go into Sport mode.

Boost off in custom race is completely broken. Fixing that so there is no AI speed manipulation at all in races where we choose the parameters should mean exactly that…Boost off! Come on PD give us a fix.

Last edited:
Back