Gran Turismo 7 Physics

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shingo_civic
  • 6,995 comments
  • 840,533 views

Do you want more detailed and realistic physics on the next GT


  • Total voters
    203
  • Poll closed .
I'm not good at setups so I had question that is seriously close to something you're mentioning.. I always have brake balance on rear for 3 or 4 and turn in while braking.. I tried 4 cars lately on Tokyo WTC 600 race.. AR Giulia '20, Ferrari F40, Ferrari 458 and Toyota MR2 (swapped).. Thing is I can't figure out how to fix understeer under braking and 1st corner of Tokyo is perfect example of that.. 458 under braking turns in beautifuly (trail braking, stock car), F40 drives nice but can turn only after releasing brakes so massive understeer under braking, MR2 does the sam as F40 and than Giulia just turns in beautifuly (same as 458).. Which part of suspension I have to tune to fix this (BB and ABS was same on all 4 cars)
Without knowing the tires used and the values for your cars' Natural Frequency, Ride Height and Anti-roll bars, maybe try reducing the front toe angle (if the front toe angle is toe out).

If that doesn't work/apply, try to experiment with the Differential, mainly the Braking Sensitivity. Start with lower values, and then test the cars until you find the diff settings you are comfortable with.

And if that still doesn't work, you may have to tweak your Anti-roll bars, Natural Frequency, and perhaps change other settings...
 
Last edited:
I'm not good at setups so I had question that is seriously close to something you're mentioning.. I always have brake balance on rear for 3 or 4 and turn in while braking.. I tried 4 cars lately on Tokyo WTC 600 race.. AR Giulia '20, Ferrari F40, Ferrari 458 and Toyota MR2 (swapped).. Thing is I can't figure out how to fix understeer under braking and 1st corner of Tokyo is perfect example of that.. 458 under braking turns in beautifuly (trail braking, stock car), F40 drives nice but can turn only after releasing brakes so massive understeer under braking, MR2 does the sam as F40 and than Giulia just turns in beautifuly (same as 458).. Which part of suspension I have to tune to fix this (BB and ABS was same on all 4 cars)
Usually, you have to set the car at a higher value. Closer to the stock spring/shocks settings.

Use ChatGPT to tune your car. You have to describe your feeling as close as you can. It helps a lot !

Take a picture of your tuning menu, tell chatgpt if you have wide rims, if you can tune the aero...

It will help a lot
 
I'm not good at setups so I had question that is seriously close to something you're mentioning.. I always have brake balance on rear for 3 or 4 and turn in while braking.. I tried 4 cars lately on Tokyo WTC 600 race.. AR Giulia '20, Ferrari F40, Ferrari 458 and Toyota MR2 (swapped).. Thing is I can't figure out how to fix understeer under braking and 1st corner of Tokyo is perfect example of that.. 458 under braking turns in beautifuly (trail braking, stock car), F40 drives nice but can turn only after releasing brakes so massive understeer under braking, MR2 does the sam as F40 and than Giulia just turns in beautifuly (same as 458).. Which part of suspension I have to tune to fix this (BB and ABS was same on all 4 cars)
Switch to ABS weak and/or brake earlier.

I'm really confused by these statements that the cars have more grip, but people are understeering, which would indicate less grip 🤔
We all know the physics is a nightmare for gr3 cars (glued to the ground, understeer no matter what...).
https://www.dailysportscar.com/2026/09/26/team-motopark-score-monza-500-pole.html

Monza Pole for the GT Open event today was 1:44.452 with the Merc Evo. So, you're saying with tire wear turned on, you can beat that time? Because if the cars are "glued to the ground" you should be able to destroy that lap time. Especially because the game's track limits are much more forgiving than the real world.

Remember, tire wear must be ON. I'll give it a try and see what I can do.
 
Switch to ABS weak and/or brake earlier.

I'm really confused by these statements that the cars have more grip, but people are understeering, which would indicate less grip 🤔

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2026/09/26/team-motopark-score-monza-500-pole.html

Monza Pole for the GT Open event today was 1:44.452 with the Merc Evo. So, you're saying with tire wear turned on, you can beat that time? Because if the cars are "glued to the ground" you should be able to destroy that lap time. Especially because the game's track limits are much more forgiving than the real world.

Remember, tire wear must be ON. I'll give it a try and see what I can do.
There is more than that to set a laptime. It requires skills, otherwise we would all be close to the aliens. 😅 you also have to know the BOP they used, level of gas, their setup... but you could put me behind a F1 wheel... I would NEVER be able to drive it like it should be driven haha !

I think people who tried and took analyzed the data, found that the cars are now slower than it used to be. You can now brake much later than before... They nerfed some cars, updated the BOP etc. That seem to be facts.

And now, it is really hard to lose the rear. I was not able to play on TCS 0 before the update. Now I am always on TCS 0. No matter the car I am driving... and all cars understeer a lot, in this case it is about the tune PD applied to the cars for the 1.71. They do not understeer because of a lack of grip.

Once you play, you get used to it. No problem with that. But I just find it less realistic. A RWD car should not behave like a FWD. Each type of car should have its own "type of handling" in my opinion.
 
There is more than that to set a laptime. It requires skills, otherwise we would all be close to the aliens. 😅
NO!!!???!!! Really? Thanks, I had no idea how that worked. 😒

I'll repeat what you obviously misunderstood, if there were enormous amount so grip and if the game were truly "Arcade" like as is repeatedly proclaimed in thread, the grip level and ease of driving woudl allow a regular person to EXCEED real life quite easily.
you also have to know the BOP they used, level of gas, their setup
You can Google the BoP for any of the events. It's often posted.
... but you could put me behind a F1 wheel... I would NEVER be able to drive it like it should be driven haha !
But if this game were an "arcade" racer with so excessive amounts of grip, which again, is repeatedly stated in this thread, you absolutely could.
I think people who tried and took analyzed the data, found that the cars are now slower than it used to be. You can now brake much later than before... They nerfed some cars, updated the BOP etc. That seem to be facts.
No, that's the point. These are not "facts" they are feelings.

The easy one is the "cars are now slower" statement. The performance points changed on many of the cars, but players never changed anything. I never increased my car's weight, or reduced it's power, so where's the evidence that the new physics creates more grip? Adding more grip while changing nothing else should make me faster, not slower. Just as people are proclaiming more grip with understeer.

"Nerfing" a car means slowing it down somehow, so how was that achieved when none of the critical specification changed?

Who "can brake much later than before"? I can't. I often have to brake sooner.

Think through the logic here. If people are saying they can brake later, but they're also complaining about oversteer, then they've started their braking too late. None of this makes any logical sense if these were facts.
And now, it is really hard to lose the rear. I was not able to play on TCS 0 before the update. Now I am always on TCS 0. No matter the car I am driving... and all cars understeer a lot, in this case it is about the tune PD applied to the cars for the 1.71. They do not understeer because of a lack of grip.
Ok, so YOU are new to having TCS off and you have interpreted this as the overall grip increasing. I (and many) have never played with TCS. I'll bet you aren't being aggressive enough or using enough of the track.
Once you play, you get used to it. No problem with that. But I just find it less realistic. A RWD car should not behave like a FWD. Each type of car should have its own "type of handling" in my opinion.
What in gods name are you even talking about here? What RWD car is behaving like a FWD car?
 
Last edited:
What RWD car is behaving like a FWD car?
I can name one: the Ferrari 250 GTO. The (stock) car has quite a lot of power understeer for a classic car, and is too stable. Though I don't recall how it felt to drive before 1.71.

But that's the thing. I personally don't think the problem is with the new physics, for the most part. The new setups are what's mostly wrong after 1.71. Adjusting the suspension and/or diff settings can make the 250 GTO (and other classic cars) much more lively and more "realistic"*. And the same applies to every other car: you can "fix" them with setup changes.

The horrid BoP we've had for so long, which makes GT3/Gr.3 cars feel like driving GT4s, certainly doesn't help Sport Mode players either... :lol:


*Realistic for GT7 standards. Most classic cars are still too stable, unless the rear tires are harder than the fronts.
 
Back