Gran Turismo 7 Physics

Do you want more detailed and realistic physics on the next GT

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've only got about 20 hours in the game as only just managed to get hold of a PS5, but my thoughts on the physics so far is that they feel pretty decent, there are some oddities, but within the limitations of using the controller (have used the wheel on PC and previous GTs up to the PS4) it feels pretty good.

The snap oversteer is mostly manageable with the controller (I have the sensitivity pretty high though) but it doesn't 'feel' particularly right. I haven't driven hundreds of the cars, but it does at least seem worse on older cars (it is literally comical on my C3 Corvette and 70s BMW 3.0CS). I have found that tuning the car for understeer does at least lessen the effect, or raise the threshold at which it snaps, so that's something. Is it feasible that effectively the outside rear is at full compression, hitting the bump stop, and as such you get a huge increase in effective rear spring rate, which will make the back lose grip perhaps?

I may do some testing to see if stiffening the rear or raising the rear ride height changes the threshold where it snaps.

It's enjoyable enough though that I'm weighing up whether to get a DD wheel to put on my racing seat etc. so it's doing enough right for me that I'm enjoying it a lot.

So my initial impressions on 1.13 were a influenced by my friends prior to trying it, as well as only driving GR.3 cars was not enough to give an impression of the changes as a whole

I think the physics are better but... I have no idea what the car is doing, I am correcting oversteer here very last minute almost like the roll centre of the car is beneath the surface so it feels mega planted and when you lose the rear you don't "feel" it until the roll centre is above the ground level, Pre 1.13 I was "drifting" this car round, or rather having to be more precise and delicate with the throttle,

Did the Le Mans CE and now have Gold, only got Oversteer in 2nd gear mashing the throttle, but easy to catch, otherwise it seemed to want to understeer if not on throttle in the turns while being able to go flat out through Porsche Curves with no hassle at all just seemed weird... Don't think the real car did this.

The Nissan 370z License test at the middle part of Tsukuba was now planted, didn't need to counter steer at all.

Think GT7 update is better for driving, realism and racing over launch physics but think it needs work still.

I've done some non-tomahawk with a contoller the other day. Seems the understeer problem is mostly with Gr3 cars (haven't tried Gr4 yet). Road cars are still snappy but the threshold for snap is higher than it was pre-update.

Maybe the added mechanical grip or driver assist combined with existing aero grip from race cars is what made them understeer so much. I still prefer a linear, predictable loss of grip in road cars but I can live with them where thye're at now. Gr3 cars need to be as lively as they were pre-update with just a little bit more rear grip.

I'm the wrong person to be doing this, so I lost my marble for a second. But on comfort mediums I only managed a 1:12.996 after turning assists off. Doing that made my laps less consistent, and I only beat my assist time by less than a tenth of a second. I also spent a lot of effort to keep from losing it, so those who say "assists slow you down" and "you can't lose these cars," you one percenters are a funny breed. Not for the rest of us plebes.

I was also reminded that I don't like comfort tires, and I don't like Tsukuba, though it is a nice enough track. It's just so constrained for me. And my RL car wreck has hamstrung me quite a bit. I hate to hear tire squeals except in well tuned / race cars, and I hate how most sports cars feel on their "firm" suspensions. Many feel about as floundery as the Crown Victoria I wrecked in. This is the first Gran Turismo in which the cars scared me, though a lot of that has to do with the 1.07 update physics / tire model, as well as those darn penalties.

I had a much better time switching to sports mediums, with a 1:06.943. I'm resigned to the fact that I'll never be superfast.

I don't know how more accurate or worse this build is, but it is nice to be more in control of the car. And it gives me hope that the team can massage something in the future that should please most of us. Some people can't be happy with a bar of gold.

Whew! I just went out with this setup and managed a 1:10.684 best with the bone stock RZ on CM, although averages hovered in the high 1:10s to low 1:11s. I think you're putting out a great time with this specific setup! I've still got some time left coming out of the turn 4 hairpin and right through turn 5 keeping on the throttle into the turn 8 hairpin. It's pretty hard to balance this pig on throttle sometimes, and there's a fine balance blasting into 8 giving it as much throttle as it can take.

Still super fun though.

For those saying "this is GT Sport now".... no. Flat out no. Fire up Sport, play the same setup back to back, then get back to us how far off they still are. Sport is still a million times more planted, uncommunicative, and wooden than 7 is. And guess what guys?! GT3 cars on warm slicks grip like hell! The new model is simply closer to reality than the old one full stop, and it's really funny to see all these comical armchair positions with wild comparisons and opinions. I'm so sure that the M6 GT3 trying to light its rears up on RH slicks through most its gears was SO realistic.

The influx of armchair experts babbling about TCS (who cares) and what who thinks of what is getting pretty comical. Count me into one of the minority that's happy with the changes, and looks forward to more.

I just read your post and thought I’ll give it a try.
I always prefer driving Road Cars to Race Cars.
They taught me everything about Car Balance and Chassis Dynamics.

Under the old Physics, these Dynamics were much finer and more dynamic.

Nevertheless, I tried your Set up for the Combo.
The new Physics Model still feels as good as before.
Maybe, I’d say now even better.
It’s more controllable now.
Yet, the new Model still punishes you if you mash the Throttle.
Ah, by the way I did 5 or 6 laps and managed a 1.10‘4 I think 1.10 flat should be achievable with more seat time.
Road Cars with proper tires are definitely still my Cup of Tea in GT7, no matter if Comfort or Sport, these tires are just so much more entertaining to drive.
Guys when I tell you I appreciate you I really mean it! I’m sorry I’m bring this old topic of mine back, but I meant to say thank you and I never did. So thanks a lot.. my next question to you is what would you say your time is compared to the top drivers? I’m usually 2 seconds, no more than three behind the top drivers?

I ask because I’ve seen the Supra average around 1:07 around Tsukuba with the BM guys… with Comfort Softs I can do mid/high1:08.. low 1:09… I figured the best could do around 1:06/:107… I feel the comfort soft put the car around it counterpart time… but in my opinion they just feel really sticky for a 90’s Bridgestone Potenzas Re020 the mediums just feel like the more realistic option.

This is not for general gameplay for GT7, I am just asking for my personal league to get feedback thanks!

Guys when I tell you I appreciate you I really mean it! I’m sorry I’m bring this old topic of mine back, but I meant to say thank you and I never did. So thanks a lot.. my next question to you is what would you say your time is compared to the top drivers? I’m usually 2 seconds, no more than three behind the top drivers?

I ask because I’ve seen the Supra average around 1:07 around Tsukuba with the BM guys… with Comfort Softs I can do mid/high1:08.. low 1:09… I figured the best could do around 1:06/:107… I feel the comfort soft put the car around it counterpart time… but in my opinion they just feel really sticky for a 90’s Bridgestone Potenzas Re020 the mediums just feel like the more realistic option.

This is not for general gameplay for GT7, I am just asking for my personal league to get feedback thanks!
I will try that and report back.
For Clarification, you mean the '97Supra Rz, completely stock Factory Settings on Comfort Softs, right?!
Your first question is very relative, so I can’t give you a specific answer.
My Goal is to be within 2Seconds off Number 1 on the Leaderboard.
Most of the time it hovers between
1-2 Seconds.
But I must admit I‘m no Time Trial Type of Guy.
As soon as I feel comfortable with my Car than I mostly stop trying for more.
Usually my average best lap is set within 2-3Laps.
If I then tryhard, I can mostly shave off a tenth here and there.
But my natural Pace is represented with my Basic Approach as it’s the more relaxed way to drive.
I don’t enjoy driving on the Edge.
I rather play it safe and relaxed.

I will try that and report back.
For Clarification, you mean the '97Supra Rz, completely stock Factory Settings on Comfort Softs, right?!
Your first question is very relative, so I can’t give you a specific answer.
My Goal is to be within 2Seconds off Number 1 on the Leaderboard.
Most of the time it hovers between
1-2 Seconds.
But I must admit I‘m no Time Trial Type of Guy.
As soon as I feel comfortable with my Car than I mostly stop trying for more.
Usually my average best lap is set within 2-3Laps.
If I then tryhard, I can mostly shave off a tenth here and there.
But my natural Pace is represented with my Basic Approach as it’s the more relaxed way to drive.
I don’t enjoy driving on the Edge.
I rather play it safe and relaxed.
Yup comfort Softs.. we were around the same time with mediums.. so I’m guessing you should be able to hit 1:09 easy with best of 1:08. Also just on your opinion on how the car felt on the mediums vs the softs..

Edit I actually like the Supra on comfort softs felt natural and I could still spin.. I ran a 1:08.8… I also forgot to add 81 kg for my weight… So I am pleased with the Supra Coming stock with CS for street use… they will be definitely knocked down to Comfort mediums for actual track day if one was to use it.

Last edited:
Yup comfort Softs.. we were around the same time with mediums.. so I’m guessing you should be able to hit 2:09 easy with best of 2:08. Also just on your opinion on how the car felt on the mediums vs the softs..

Edit I actually like the Supra on comfort softs felt natural and I could still spin.. I ran a 1:08.8… I also forgot to add 81 kg for my weight… So I am pleased with the Supra Coming stock with CS for street use… they will be definitely knocked down to Comfort mediums for actual track day if one was to use it.
I'm thinking you mean 1:08-09, and not 2, hehe. I think if we went out in stock Fiat Abarths or something slower we might be in the 2's!

As far as lap times, I always strive to get within two seconds of the top ten leaderboards when qualifying for Sport mode races, but sometimes it takes a lot of time, watching some of their laps to find the extremes of track limits, and practice to nail braking and apex points. I'm still pretty proud of being able to do it, but I am just not as seamlessly fast as a lot of those top tier players, and I have a propensity to overdrive the cars at times because I just have more fun being loose, even if it does murder fast times!

Thanks for the kinds words, I was glad to do it!

For those looking for a similar challenge, some of us are participating in this thread: NSX-R Nurburgring Challenge where we are using the bone stock NSX-R on SH and wringing the fastest lap times out of it for fun. It's been a fun challenge for sure, even though I'm getting my butt whooped so far!

Stuff like this makes all those who say "but there isn't enough to do" basically irrelevant.

I reported a bug in the bug thread that is relevant to this topic.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gran-turismo-7-bug-reports.404869/post-13711141

With some cars (and I suspect it's all the ones that folks have been complaining about) the game does not recognize your steering input properly. I know that it's the cause of the crazy oversteer and snap over steer (because I recorded it) and I suspect it's also the issue with the understeer that some have reported.

So, in short, there's an input bug that is presenting itself as a physics issue, but pay attention to the onscreen feedback to make sure that the game is responding to what you are trying to do.

I reported a bug in the bug thread that is relevant to this topic.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gran-turismo-7-bug-reports.404869/post-13711141

With some cars (and I suspect it's all the ones that folks have been complaining about) the game does not recognize your steering input properly. I know that it's the cause of the crazy oversteer and snap over steer (because I recorded it) and I suspect it's also the issue with the understeer that some have reported.

So, in short, there's an input bug that is presenting itself as a physics issue, but pay attention to the onscreen feedback to make sure that the game is responding to what you are trying to do.
With this in mind, you need to make sure you're not lowering a car that doesn't respond well to it. For instance, the Beetle will not steer at all if you slam it, and this affects other cars too, like the R32 GTR. As you raise it you can experience the steering limit expanding until you lift it enough to allow full lock to lock.

Sucks, because I really wanted to make a super low Beetle, but it will only be lowered for pics I guess.

Yup comfort Softs.. we were around the same time with mediums.. so I’m guessing you should be able to hit 1:09 easy with best of 1:08. Also just on your opinion on how the car felt on the mediums vs the softs..

Ok then, confirmed.
I‘ll try it then as soon as I get a chance to jump in my Rig.
Currently I’m at Work, but tomorrow I should find some time between my regular Single Player and Random Car Test/Tuning Sessions and like i said I’ll let you know how I performed.
Especially the difference between the Mediums and Softs is making me curious and I will pay extra attention to the small subtle differences.
Expect some detailed Report 😅 😉

With this in mind, you need to make sure you're not lowering a car that doesn't respond well to it. For instance, the Beetle will not steer at all if you slam it, and this affects other cars too, like the R32 GTR. As you raise it you can experience the steering limit expanding until you lift it enough to allow full lock to lock.

Sucks, because I really wanted to make a super low Beetle, but it will only be lowered for pics I guess.
Yes, in the bug (the game bug, not the beetle), I made sure I reset everything to test it.

Oddly enough, with the boss 429, lowering it helped, but many of the other adjustments made it SUPER bad. A little too much toe angle or camber, and it's a mess. Same with the diff settings. one number the wrong way on any of the settings and it will stop turning, and then oversteer uncontrollably.

That's kind of what I am saying. It might be a car specific issue, or it might be a game wide issue.

Last edited:
I like the new physics for FR and MR cars but they really did Aston Martin dirty as the One 77 is the most undrivable car ever and it's not even close to being that way in real life 🤣 I know this from YouTube not that I've driven the real thing (I wish) 🤪

Really appreciate this discussion and it's so great to see the passion for realism is alive and well.

I delayed buying the game because of this thread (and the MTX drama), and finally did buy it when I read the positives about 1.13.... and then the negatives shortly after, hahaha.

Initial thoughts with limited time pre-patch in offline mode (to stop the upgrade)... I have to say I had no problems at all managing oversteer with controller with assists off. It was a lot of fun, and you really had a sense of weight transfer. Losing the car to a spin while braking in a straightish line (end of straight on Trial Mountain with the Mustang) probably isn't realistic though, but it was manageable and fun. "Undrivable" is way overstating things, or perhaps not a skilled enough driver?

So those that say they miss the fun aspect of pre-patch, yeah I agree too.

So far liking the physics feel overall in 1.13 nonetheless and one thing that stands out is that I enjoy the snappiness / grabbiness with which cars regain grip. I do think that's fairly realistic. Quite easy to tank-slapper in real life.

Last edited:
I like the new physics for FR and MR cars but they really did Aston Martin dirty as the One 77 is the most undrivable car ever and it's not even close to being that way in real life 🤣 I know this from YouTube not that I've driven the real thing (I wish) 🤪
Ya, I am suspecting that there is some kind of relationship between the car's setup and the inputs that you can give it. Some kind of buffer, maybe to add to the feeling of weight. Why ever it happens, I think the One 77 runs afoul of this routine.

Super GT turned it into a GR3 car and apparently that helps. Again, I don't know what setting affects it most.

Hey @JDMKING13
So after I woke up an hour ago, I jumped behind the Wheel to take the Supra out for a Spin around Tsukuba.
I did 5-6 laps with ABS set to default and did the same thing with ABS set to weak. I only used the soft compound.
I will test the Mediums again later as I didn’t had time to do it.

In short my best ABS Default Lap was 1:07‘137 on my 3rd lap.
With ABS set to weak my best lap was a 1:07‘148 on my 4th lap.
Under both Circumstances all of my laps were consistently hovering in the 1:07‘3range.
My Optimums were in both cases 1:06‘9xx.
If you ask me, ABS Weak felt way more immersive and precise.
The Car felt very planted.
I found it very important to late downshift on Corner 1/3/6 to help with Rotation and prevent Wheelspin and help with getting optimum Traction out of the slow HairPins.
which was way more precise with ABS on weak.

Hey @JDMKING13
So after I woke up an hour ago, I jumped behind the Wheel to take the Supra out for a Spin around Tsukuba.
I did 5-6 laps with ABS set to default and did the same thing with ABS set to weak. I only used the soft compound.
I will test the Mediums again later as I didn’t had time to do it.

In short my best ABS Default Lap was 1:07‘137 on my 3rd lap.
With ABS set to weak my best lap was a 1:07‘148 on my 4th lap.
Under both Circumstances all of my laps were consistently hovering in the 1:07‘3range.
My Optimums were in both cases 1:06‘9xx.
If you ask me, ABS Weak felt way more immersive and precise.
The Car felt very planted.
I found it very important to late downshift on Corner 1/3/6 to help with Rotation and prevent Wheelspin and help with getting optimum Traction out of the slow HairPins.
which was way more precise with ABS on weak.
Wow!!! That is amazing man and really helpful! I appreciate your help big time… Yea the best I could get is around 1:08.8… I added 81kg to the car to mimic my weight, I also use clutch with the shifter and I have to get better with heel toe.. when you don’t match rev it throws the balance of the car really off.. a lot more than what you got in GTS. I had to reorganize my tire structure for the cars, but with you guys help I finally got it in a nice spot. Again great time and that would put you right with the BM guys!

Edit: I also agree with ABS weak is the best and really give the car character when it comes to braking.. Don’t get me wrong I still allow ABS default but only on modern cars like an 458 or F8… and once you turn of of the stability control then you have to run with ABS weak… cars like Supra RZ NSX-R etc they are only ran with ABS weak.

Last edited:
Wow!!! That is amazing man and really helpful! I appreciate your help big time… Yea the best I could get is around 1:08.8… I added 81kg to the car to mimic my weight, I also use clutch with the shifter and I have to get better with heel toe.. when you don’t match rev it throws the balance of the car really off.. a lot more than what you got in GTS. I had to reorganize my tire structure for the cars, but with you guys help I finally got it in a nice spot. Again great time and that would put you right with the BM guys!

Edit: I also agree with ABS weak is the best and really give the car character when it comes to braking.. Don’t get me wrong I still allow ABS default but only on modern cars like an 458 or F8… and once you turn of of the stability control then you have to run with ABS weak… cars like Supra RZ NSX-R etc they are only ran with ABS weak.
No problem Man, always glad if I can help, no matter what.
I think that using Clutch and Shifter is probably the Reason for achieving slower lap times compared to just using Paddle Shifters.
Would be logical for me.
But what do I know 😅
Anyway like I said, I will test the Mediums later and report back 😉
And btw, I have no idea what BM Boys are 😅
I assume they are some Racing Group.
And I’m also absolutely sure that the real Aliens would beat my time by at least 1-2 Seconds

No problem Man, always glad if I can help, no matter what.
I think that using Clutch and Shifter is probably the Reason for achieving slower lap times compared to just using Paddle Shifters.
Would be logical for me.
But what do I know 😅
Anyway like I said, I will test the Mediums later and report back 😉
And btw, I have no idea what BM Boys are 😅
I assume they are some Racing Group.
And I’m also absolutely sure that the real Aliens would beat my time by at least 1-2 Seconds
I’m sorry Best motoring lol… Yea I’m usually 2/3 seconds off of them also… I am eager to see your CM times as well… With your time on the CS I’m thinking I’m going to run with my updated tire system.. The Supra would Get CS for street/light track events and CM for track events. IF one was to own a Supra in my league the tires would be CM. I hope you don’t mind me asking you for more help down the line. 😂

@JDMKING13
Ok here‘s my update for testing the Stock Supra on Mediums.
My Best ABS Default Time is 1:09‘679.
My Best ABS Weak Time is 1:09‘841
I forgot what the optimums would have been, I think .1 quicker on both runs.
What I noticed though is that compared to the Softs it was not that easy to put the Power down as quick as with the Softs.
I had to wait a lot longer until the tires finally gripped coming out of each Hairpin Section.
Besides that, the Car handled pretty much the same.
Just the lack of Grip which of course on a track with multiple Hairpins adds up over a lap.
But definitely ABS Weak any day over ABS Default.
The way the Car rotates on its own while applying brake and naturally turns towards the apex is much more predictable.
It feels like having better or more precision.
While I was able to accelerate through and out of the Corner faster with ABS Default, I could definitely brake later, harder and more precise with ABS on weak, therefore I’d say both have their pros and cons.
But at the end of the day lap times are pretty similar.
It’s your decision either you want better grip going into the corner with ABS weak but therefore slightly less traction exiting the corner, or the other way around with ABS Default.
I think it’s a choice of Preference.
For me ABS Weak, because of its more detailed feeling :cheers:

Edit: just as a reminder, I did all the CE with ABS weak and in general I prefer ABS weak.
The Cars just feel more precise although GR 1-4 Cars on some of them I prefer ABS Default.
Gr3 MR Cars I use Default, and for FR Cars I generally use Weak.

Last edited:
I still am finding the issue with MR (Gr3 in particular) cars in very low speed corners like the Bus Stop at Spa or the final hairpin at Deep Forest where cars like the R8 Evo and 911 RSR will just lazily spin out. It seems to me to be a weight balance thing as the issue is 'treatable' by adding ballast at the front end to move the balance forwards, but it shouldn't be that these cars are basically undriveable in these kinds of corners at their base weights.

I know it's a weight balance issue from also driving the De Tomaso Mangusta. I've been working on a race setup for it but to make it somewhat driveable through some corners you again have to max out the ballast and move it forwards...

I still am finding the issue with MR (Gr3 in particular) cars in very low speed corners like the Bus Stop at Spa or the final hairpin at Deep Forest where cars like the R8 Evo and 911 RSR will just lazily spin out. It seems to me to be a weight balance thing as the issue is 'treatable' by adding ballast at the front end to move the balance forwards, but it shouldn't be that these cars are basically undriveable in these kinds of corners at their base weights.

I know it's a weight balance issue from also driving the De Tomaso Mangusta. I've been working on a race setup for it but to make it somewhat driveable through some corners you again have to max out the ballast and move it forwards...
If BoP is applied to Gr3 MR Cars I highly suggest you to use ABS weak!!!
The lazy spin which you described will be ALMOST COMPLETELY GONE.
Remember, only when BoP is applied.
If you drive the MR Gr3 Cars under their Production Values or by PP System it’s the Complete OPPOSITE.
Than you should definitely use ABS Default because of the Power being supplied to the Wheels while Braking and therefore acting like some partial Throttle Application which is crucial to keep the Gr3 MR Cars at least somewhat more stable.
They’ll still tend to snap if you don’t trailbrake efficiently with ABS weak but it’s a good training to get better in trailbraking as well. So Win/Win imo.
And of course way more fun and enjoyable imo.
At least that are my observations.
And believe me, I drive and test and tune quite a lot.
Other than that, everything you said regarding the Weight Distribution is partly correct, again, JUST UNDER BoP Settings.
If you drive the Gr3 MR Cars without BoP you‘ll notice how incredibly planted and stable they feel.
And due to their Natural Engine Layout, they absolutely destroy ANY FR Car in the Corners cause of their Superior Rotation Abilities.
Try it…you’ll see what I’m talking about.
I just hope that PD finally adresses this issue and makes Gr3 MR Cars worth picking under BoP Regulations.
Otherwise imo, they are completely obsolete for BoP Racing, not competitive at all and chewing tires faster than you can say Biscuit 😅

Last edited:
snc
All top splits drivers play with abs deafult so probably thats the fastest way to play.
And most probably that’s the Reason why none of them dares to use them anymore.
Like I said I was strictly referring to Gr3 Machinery which helps enormously with MR Cars.
And yes driving Gr3 FR Cars with ABS set to default is slightly faster, but that was not my point nor was it @danardif1 topic or question I guess.
I highly suggest all Top Split Drivers who like to use Gr3 MR Cars to use ABS Set to weak, but yeah, you know how Elitist handle Casual Plebs advices 😂
I‘m just the average Joe 60K Pleb so what do I know 🙄🙃

And I don’t see PD rolling back as they cater to satisfy a wide Audience.
They've also prohibited brake balance in sport mode, which probably means they are aware that the fast, experienced drivers can go a lot quicker with it suitably adjusted since the cars rotate a lot better in GT7 when compared to GTS.

I really wish they'd realise that there is actually a band of sim racers out there who don't want to race with neutered handling.

If you see some of the videos upon release from the regular youtubers, you'll see that GT7 wasn't as bad as what the rest of the normie GT community would have you believe.

G
I’m sorry Best motoring lol… Yea I’m usually 2/3 seconds off of them also… I am eager to see your CM times as well… With your time on the CS I’m thinking I’m going to run with my updated tire system.. The Supra would Get CS for street/light track events and CM for track events. IF one was to own a Supra in my league the tires would be CM. I hope you don’t mind me asking you for more help down the line. 😂
why use a lesser tyre on track?

G

why use a lesser tyre on track?
Your normal street tire would not perform on a track as well as it does on the street. This is why people run semi slicks tires because they will perform well on the track and you can use them on the streets. New tire technology allow these street tires perform better on the track.. let’s take the Supra Rz vs the new BRZ, The Supra comes with Re020 tires 90’s tire tech while the BRZ comes with Michelin Pilot Sport4s tires. Going of my league play both cars would come with Comfort Softs… however with track events the Re020 tires the Supra has would not hold up their performance would drop significantly (Comfort mediums) vs the BRZ Michelin Pilot sport 4s while not a dedicated track tire it would still be considered a Comforts Soft tire, because it’s a outstanding tire and way better than the Re020 which are out dated.

Again this has nothing to do with GT7 actual gameplay.. just the way me and some of my nerd buddies play the game. It makes tire choice a lot more interesting because you have to make sure if your tire can perform on both street and track events… Some people just like the street events some just do the track events, and for me I have both covered lol.

Last edited:
Your normal street tire would not perform on a track as well as it does on the street. This is why people run semi slicks tires because they will perform well on the track and you can use them on the streets. New tire technology allow these street tires perform better on the track.. let’s take the Supra Rz vs the new BRZ, The Supra comes with Re020 tires 90’s tire tech while the BRZ comes with Michelin Pilot Sport4s tires. Going of my league play both cars would come with Comfort Softs… however with track events the Re020 tires the Supra has would not hold up their performance would drop significantly (Comfort mediums) vs the BRZ Michelin Pilot sport 4s while not a dedicated track tire it would still be considered a Comforts Soft tire, because it’s a outstanding tire and way better than the Re020 which are out dated.

Again this has nothing to do with GT7 actual gameplay.. just the way me and some of my nerd buddies play the game. It makes tire choice a lot more interesting because you have to make sure if your tire can perform on both street and track events… Some people just like the street events some just do the track events, and for me I have both covered lol.
Maybe I’m being a bit thick here, wouldn’t the sports soft tyre in gt be closest to a semi slick “cup” type tyre that one would aim to run on a track day?

So why not use sports tyres for track instead of comfort is my question.
I mean, if I was doing a real track day I wouldn’t run Michelin premacys, I’d be putting on cup 2 or similar.

Maybe I’m being a bit thick here, wouldn’t the sports soft tyre in gt be closest to a semi slick “cup” type tyre that one would aim to run on a track day?

So why not use sports tyres for track instead of comfort is my question.
I mean, if I was doing a real track day I wouldn’t run Michelin premacys, I’d be putting on cup 2 or similar.
My friend we are talking about cars in their stock form.. obviously we all would run sport soft tires on a track day or as you said a cup 2 tire, The kind people who were helping me are testing a stock Supra.

I have a event coming up with my friends, family, and new people I met on GTP. They will be giving a car something like shuffle race and compete on Tokyo (One lane Time Attack… and Tsukuba circuit. All cars will be in stock form with no tuning allowed. This is why I was just trying to get some of the guys feedback and lap times to make sure things are right.

Last edited:
My honest opion: They are totally messed up GT7 1.13 acceleration physics with invisible TC, fr & mr cars feel so terrible arcade. You can mash throtle down even 500hp cars and nothing really happens because tc correct it. Now it is understeering Simulator.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back