- 3,435

- Allentown, Pennsylvania
- TheColdWarriors
I sent out invites to a few friends over PSN. I also a link this forum on my old forum Super Car series forum and Rinsky's and My own MSN forums as well.
Chances are I won’t be sticking around for the 2nd race (1:45am for me) but I should be there for race 1.@fastone371 Want to trade? That is my kind of job! Anyway, good work. If you want to send me a message on here, I don't mind postponing race start but if you miss race one, there will be a second race starting around 8:45P.M.
@El_Beardo Thank you for the point revision. The only issue I have is the points gap between 1st and 16th.
My idea was to keep all skill levels competitive. In the last series hosted by @Cold Warrior, the series came down to a 1-2 point split at the front but the later half of the field seemed to be hit and miss on attendance and points were all over the place. This would keep the front tight and the later half in the running for a top 10 series finish. Say you are 14-16th every race. That is one point; with a higher placed finish in one race, it could allow that person to be 11th-13th in the rankings.
The idea is to encourage improvement and increased participation. As for the first place incentives, Pole Position and Fastest Lap each award one point. There are "incentive"points to be had by the fastest players and positions to be gained by more casual players. It also makes Blue Flag Rules more of a factor. Say you are in the lead and catch two back-markers racing each other for points. This would make it more respectable, in my opinion, but also more cautious because if one loses pace behind a pack of back-markers, the position behind you may gain quite a bit. No one likes being slow but, I find this more favorable than the fastest drivers dive bombing players while they are lapping peacefully at the back.
I only did my points system at the end of series' run because of are low attendance. The larger points gap was because I based the system off the FIA's points system for F1 and WEC and modified a little bit.@fastone371 Want to trade? That is my kind of job! Anyway, good work. If you want to send me a message on here, I don't mind postponing race start but if you miss race one, there will be a second race starting around 8:45P.M.
@El_Beardo Thank you for the point revision. The only issue I have is the points gap between 1st and 16th.
My idea was to keep all skill levels competitive. In the last series hosted by @Cold Warrior, the series came down to a 1-2 point split at the front but the later half of the field seemed to be hit and miss on attendance and points were all over the place. This would keep the front tight and the later half in the running for a top 10 series finish. Say you are 14-16th every race. That is one point; with a higher placed finish in one race, it could allow that person to be 11th-13th in the rankings.
The idea is to encourage improvement and increased participation. As for the first place incentives, Pole Position and Fastest Lap each award one point. There are "incentive"points to be had by the fastest players and positions to be gained by more casual players. It also makes Blue Flag Rules more of a factor. Say you are in the lead and catch two back-markers racing each other for points. This would make it more respectable, in my opinion, but also more cautious because if one loses pace behind a pack of back-markers, the position behind you may gain quite a bit. No one likes being slow but, I find this more favorable than the fastest drivers dive bombing players while they are lapping peacefully at the back.
Guess this is why you like your drag racing so much. You have a steak in it.Hey Mr. Qtip, I apologize but my attendance will be hit or miss for your first Radical race tonight. It's a very busy time of year for me with the racing season about to start. I will be trying to finish up this set of headers I started over 70 hours ago, still have to make hangers, finish weld, and install 8ea. O2 and 8ea. EGT bungs. View attachment 1141458View attachment 1141459
Hey another Pennsylvanian. By the way you didn't mixup you PSN and GT Planet Names did you? Because your Drex124 on here.Chances are good I'll have to miss the first race, but put me down as a reserve.
PSN - Drex124
GTP - Drex125
Number - #5
Livery -
View media item 125566
Mayyybe... There fixed it.Hey another Pennsylvanian. By the way you didn't mixup you PSN and GT Planet Names did you? Because your Drex124 on here.
I appreciate it but don’t move the schedule for me as I probably won’t make it every week anyway. I did say I’d see you all next week but I’m actually unavailable to race this weekend coming.Hi everyone. I think we had a really good first round and everyone exceeded expectations. Tight racing in both race one and two with little to no contact between players.
@Pigems and @The359 really dominated the field although @Endless-Wilso was glued to them for half the race. Racing with @Drex124 for the first time was also really good, couldn't catch him in race two. @Redneckchef @Kermit_2142 and @Cold Warrior also had some battles early in each race.
Thank you for being patient with the last minute qualifying arrangements with the help of @Pigems and the lobby settings that I missed, pointed out by @Cold Warrior.
We will stick with the format for the next round:
[LOBBY OPEN: 7:30P.M.] [QUALIFYING ONE: 8:00P.M.] [RACE ONE: 8:10P.M.] [SHORT BREAK: 8:40P.M.] [QUALIFYING TWO: 8:50P.M.] [RACE TWO: 9:00P.M.]
@Kermit_2142 mentioned that Race Two for U.K. players is around 1-2:00A.M. Is anyone opposed to starting time changes? Moving the schedule ahead 30 minutes is similar to the, "2022 RINSKY's FINAL TOUR SERIES" ran on G.T. Sport before G.T. 7's release. However, my concern is giving @fastone371 time to join after work and moving the schedule up may lessen his chances of making Race Two in the event he misses Race One. Thoughts?
Also, just curious, did anyone else get the trophy, "Going The Distance Together: The Autobahn" or the Clean Race Bonus?
@fastone371 has been a reliable member for me. So If he missed it's not without good reason. When we were starting Rinsky's MSN at 7:30 pm. On a normal work schedule he barely made. This is way I moved the starting time 7:45 pm for our final season.Hi everyone. I think we had a really good first round and everyone exceeded expectations. Tight racing in both race one and two with little to no contact between players.
@Pigems and @The359 really dominated the field although @Endless-Wilso was glued to them for half the race. Racing with @Drex124 for the first time was also really good, couldn't catch him in race two. @Redneckchef @Kermit_2142 and @Cold Warrior also had some battles early in each race.
Thank you for being patient with the last minute qualifying arrangements with the help of @Pigems and the lobby settings that I missed, pointed out by @Cold Warrior.
We will stick with the format for the next round:
[LOBBY OPEN: 7:30P.M.] [QUALIFYING ONE: 8:00P.M.] [RACE ONE: 8:10P.M.] [SHORT BREAK: 8:40P.M.] [QUALIFYING TWO: 8:50P.M.] [RACE TWO: 9:00P.M.]
@Kermit_2142 mentioned that Race Two for U.K. players is around 1-2:00A.M. Is anyone opposed to starting time changes? Moving the schedule ahead 30 minutes is similar to the, "2022 RINSKY's FINAL TOUR SERIES" ran on G.T. Sport before G.T. 7's release. However, my concern is giving @fastone371 time to join after work and moving the schedule up may lessen his chances of making Race Two in the event he misses Race One. Thoughts?
Also, just curious, did anyone else get the trophy, "Going The Distance Together: The Autobahn" or the Clean Race Bonus?
Hey Mr. Qtip, I appreciate the offer but it is not necessary to alter the start time for me, I can stop working for the day at my choice of time, it just happens that I am extremely busy at the moment and should be able to come up for air in the next week or 2. I always joined CW's lobbies at the last minute because that's just how I am, kind of on my own time, but be rest assured, I always had plenty of practice before I raced. I hope I can be competitive in the Radical league, I have been friends with Pigems for some time and I already know he is lightening fast, I frequently turn to him when I am not getting the best out of a car/track combination.Hi everyone. I think we had a really good first round and everyone exceeded expectations. Tight racing in both race one and two with little to no contact between players.
@Pigems and @The359 really dominated the field although @Endless-Wilso was glued to them for half the race. Racing with @Drex124 for the first time was also really good, couldn't catch him in race two. @Redneckchef @Kermit_2142 and @Cold Warrior also had some battles early in each race.
Thank you for being patient with the last minute qualifying arrangements with the help of @Pigems and the lobby settings that I missed, pointed out by @Cold Warrior.
We will stick with the format for the next round:
[LOBBY OPEN: 7:30P.M.] [QUALIFYING ONE: 8:00P.M.] [RACE ONE: 8:10P.M.] [SHORT BREAK: 8:40P.M.] [QUALIFYING TWO: 8:50P.M.] [RACE TWO: 9:00P.M.]
@Kermit_2142 mentioned that Race Two for U.K. players is around 1-2:00A.M. Is anyone opposed to starting time changes? Moving the schedule ahead 30 minutes is similar to the, "2022 RINSKY's FINAL TOUR SERIES" ran on G.T. Sport before G.T. 7's release. However, my concern is giving @fastone371 time to join after work and moving the schedule up may lessen his chances of making Race Two in the event he misses Race One. Thoughts?
Also, just curious, did anyone else get the trophy, "Going The Distance Together: The Autobahn" or the Clean Race Bonus?
So this weeks Race A is basically our series
The times on the leader bored are crazy fast.
Definitely got some learning to do to match those alien's.
I am using 3rd gear a lot and managed a 1,37.049. Gonna try to do as the aliens do on the replay and use 4th and 3rd instead of 3rd and 2nd. TC 0 and ABS default.
@Endless-Wilso I know! When I saw it, it was like the universe was speaking to me. Makes me feel like I've created something special and P.D. is giving me signs.
Right? That is why I was staying in 3rd but it's a Daily Race with no tire wear to my knowledge. Some of them "rev bomb" by downshifting into the corner at high revs then quickly shift up to 3rd or 4th and accelerate. Others hold 3rd or 4th all the way to the apex and then accelerate in the same gear to exit the corner. Saw your 1,36.2XX and I feel I have to try to catch you.Nice lap!! 🍻 I just watched the top lap, a 33.9 I think. He’s doing some funky downshift/upshift stuff, I’m trying to replicate it now, but I’m not sure how usable it will be outside of Qually. Shifting more wears our tires more, or it did in GTS anyways, I’ll be curious to see how it affects tire wear while driving this way. 🤔
Your user looks really familiar. Welcome to the group! Don't worry about attendance. Once the sign-up gets close to 16 people, then people listed as reserves will be moved to the reserve list to prioritize members who attend regularly. Until then, just have fun and maybe share a tip or two on occasion to help others.PSN - bloodyboyblue
GTP - bloodyboyblue
Number - 25
Can’t really commit to weekly series anymore but I should be able to make a fair amount of the remaining races.
Is this a recollection or a case of PTSD? I would have thought our heavy wet race at Spa-Francorchamps would have been more scaring.Right? That is why I was staying in 3rd but it's a Daily Race with no tire wear to my knowledge. Some of them "rev bomb" by downshifting into the corner at high revs then quickly shift up to 3rd or 4th and accelerate. Others hold 3rd or 4th all the way to the apex and then accelerate in the same gear to exit the corner. Say your 1,36.2XX and I feel I have to try to catch you.
Your user looks really familiar. Welcome to the group! Don't worry about attendance. Once the sign-up gets close to 16 people, then people listed as reserves will be moved to the reserve list to prioritize members who attend regularly. Until then, just have fun and maybe share a tip or two on occasion to help others.
I'm pretty open about practice times and race strategies...unless it's the end of the series and I'm battling for the championship with @fastone371 and we are separated by a point. Got pretty serious then.
eyes glaze over in recollection
"It was Laguna Seca and the last race of the season. Every stint we (fastone371 and I) crossed paths going in and out of the pit lane, chasing one another to the point that seconds seemed like minutes. Then it happened...I pulled out to the right of the tow while we headed up the hill toward the Cork-Screw. I had been setting the move up for a few laps now and had enough of a run to get to his door before we slammed on the brakes. The grip was there, we were side by side turning left into the downhill section. Faster than I could realize, the position was mine. We didn't have Traction Control and only one of us made it through the right-hand turn that followed. There was no contact, but it was probably the toughest pass I have ever attempted. After gaining quite a hefty lead, my steering wheel overheated and then shut off with maybe 5 laps left. Frantic, there was barely enough time to get the DS4 plugged in quick enough to maintain the lead and finish the race. Almost lost the race...the championship, due to equipment failure."
eyes return to normal
That was a fun race, I wish you would have told me that you were having "control" issues, by that point in the race I had accepted that I wasn't going to get the win and had slowed down. I think I also used up my tires trying to gain time on you by that point too. I also had problems with my wheel throughout the season, If you ever watch replays you might have noticed sometimes I downshift too the wrong gear or upshift way too early. My wheel downshift and upshifts on its own frequently, I have sent it back to Fanatec for under warranty to have it fixed but they said there was nothing wrong. My guess is that they didn't test it long enough, it will typically shift on its own probably once every 2 laps. I'm getting ready to order an F1 Podium (wish they had something other than an F1 wheel) against my own advice due to customer service issues but there are not a lot of choices out there that I am aware of. It was great fun racing with you, I'm going to need to find quite a bit of speed if I want to mix it up at the front. CW said that it was the wet Spa race that should have scarred us, I dont think I put a wheel wrong that entire race though. I struggled at Tokyo, I just couldn't find the lap time to stay on your bumper no matter what I did.Right? That is why I was staying in 3rd but it's a Daily Race with no tire wear to my knowledge. Some of them "rev bomb" by downshifting into the corner at high revs then quickly shift up to 3rd or 4th and accelerate. Others hold 3rd or 4th all the way to the apex and then accelerate in the same gear to exit the corner. Saw your 1,36.2XX and I feel I have to try to catch you.
Your user looks really familiar. Welcome to the group! Don't worry about attendance. Once the sign-up gets close to 16 people, then people listed as reserves will be moved to the reserve list to prioritize members who attend regularly. Until then, just have fun and maybe share a tip or two on occasion to help others.
I'm pretty open about practice times and race strategies...unless it's the end of the series and I'm battling for the championship with @fastone371 and we are separated by a point. Got pretty serious then.
eyes glaze over in recollection
"It was Laguna Seca and the last race of the season. Every stint we (fastone371 and I) crossed paths going in and out of the pit lane, chasing one another to the point that seconds seemed like minutes. Then it happened...I pulled out to the right of the tow while we headed up the hill toward the Cork-Screw. I had been setting the move up for a few laps now and had enough of a run to get to his door before we slammed on the brakes. The grip was there, we were side by side turning left into the downhill section. Faster than I could realize, the position was mine. We didn't have Traction Control and only one of us made it through the right-hand turn that followed. There was no contact, but it was probably the toughest pass I have ever attempted. After gaining quite a hefty lead, my steering wheel overheated and then shut off with maybe 5 laps left. Frantic, there was barely enough time to get the DS4 plugged in quick enough to maintain the lead and finish the race. Almost lost the race...the championship, due to equipment failure."
eyes return to normal