Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.17)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 131 comments

RACECAR

Owner/Promoter/Organizer/Driver/ETC
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
Gran Turismo 7 Thread Logo.png

Based on the original thread format by @Johnnypenso

For every update released, there is the potential for changes not listed in the initial patch notes. Please report any undocumented changes you find in the current update and I'll update the OP as much as possible to reflect those changes found.

1. It is encouraged that you make an effort in verifying these changes as much as possible, either through videos or images.
2. If you need help from the community to verify something, don't be afraid to ask.
3. It is strongly advised that you be as specific and detailed as possible with the information including a brief description of the bug or improvement before it was fixed/changed (if applicable) and how. If English is not your first language that's ok, just do it to the best of your ability.

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE OFFICIAL CHANGES Only any changes not listed on the official site are discussed here
THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE PROS AND CONS OF THE UPDATE or anything else other than undocumented changes in the update. Keep those strictly to the appropriate threads:

Thread Icons (Discussion).png
Thread Icons (Bugs & Glitches).png
Thread Icons (News Section).png
Thread Icons (Physics).png

Update (1.17)​

Documented Changes

1. Cars
 - The following three new cars have been added:
  ・1932 Ford Roadster ‘63 (Purchasable at 'Legend Cars' from 24 June);
  ・Suzuki V6 ESCUDO Pikes Peak Special '98 (Purchasable at 'Legend Cars' from 24 June);
  ・Suzuki Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.3 Version)

2. Tracks
 - The 'Watkins Glen International' race track has been added in two different layouts:
  ・Watkins Glen Long Course
  ・Watkins Glen Short Course

3. World Circuits
 - 'Circuit Experience' has been added to the 'Watkins Glen International' track in the 'Americas' section.
 - The following new events have been added to 'World Circuits':
  ・Watkins Glen International
   - American FR Challenge 550
   - American Clubman Cup 700
   - World Touring Car 800

These new events will become available at Collector Level 17.

4. Scapes
 - The 'Watkins Glen International' location has been added as a featured Curation in Scapes;
 - A new spot has been added to the Scapes demo roll.

5. Café
 - Added 41 sets of new conversations with the Characters appearing in the Café. These new conversations can be accessed by changing cars in 'Garage' and speaking with the Character that is in the Café;
 - New 'Extra Menus' have been introduced: these menus provide opportunities to complete new car collections and are accessible after a certain Collector Level has been reached. In Update 1.17, the following three Extra Menus have been added:
  ・Extra Menu No. 1: 'Collection: Toyota 86'
  ・Extra Menu No. 2: 'Collection: Honda Type R'
  ・Extra Menu No. 3: 'Collection: Rotary Engine'

The new Extra Menus will appear after clearing Menu Book No. 39 ('Championship: World GT Series') and having watched the ending, with a player’s Collector Level of at least 20 for Extra Menu No. 1 and 2, and a Collector Level of at least 32 for Extra Menu No. 3.

6. GT Auto
 - The following four new paint colours have been added:
  ・Ford Roadster Black
  ・Suzuki Escudo Pikespeak Red
  ・Suzuki VGT Gr3 Blue
  ・Suzuki VGT Gr3 Black

7. Options
 - The 'Horn' command can now be assigned to a button in the controller configuration menu. 'Horn' is not available for race cars and certain other cars;
 - 'In-game Notifications' settings for 'Now Playing' are now stored in the Save Data;
 - A 'Steering Controller Settings' option has been added to the Controllers menu. This menu can be used to check connected steering wheel controllers and adjust related input values. Pedal sensitivity can also be adjusted from 'Pedal Calibration.'

Other Improvements and Adjustments​

1. Multiplayer
 - Event Settings can now be changed after a room has been created in 'Lobby;'
 - The 'Variable Time Speed Rate' value in 'Time / Water Settings' can now be changed from 10x to 30x.

2. Race
 - Added a ‘Refuelling Speed’ option to 'Race Settings' in 'Lobby' and 'Custom Races;'
 - Added a 'Load Ghost' option to the 'Ghost Settings' menu from [Quick Menu] > [Settings];
 - The correct road wetness will now be automatically applied if 'Custom Weather' is selected from 'Time / Weather' options in 'Lobby';
 - Fixed an issue wherein the rewards at the end of a race would not match the adjusted values following a change in the Event Settings in 'Race Settings' from the Quick Menu;
 - Changed the number of laps set for each course in [Arcade] > [Single Race] when in Offline Mode.

3. Sport
 - Added Gold, Silver, and Bronze target times rewards to ‘Online Time Trial’. It is now possible to obtain those rewards by re-entering 'Sport' after an Online Time Trial ranking registration period has ended;
 - The following game stats are now displayed at the top of the screen in ‘Sport’:
  ・Races
  ・Victories
  ・No. of Top 5 Finishes
  ・No. of Gold Record Finishes (Online Time Trial)
  ・No. of Silver Record Finishes (Online Time Trial)
  ・No. of Bronze Record Finishes (Online Time Trial)

4. My Page
 - The following items have been added to 'Profile' in 'My Page':
  ・No. of Top 5 Finishes
  ・No. of Gold Record Finishes (Online Time Trial)
  ・No. of Silver Record Finishes (Online Time Trial)
  ・No. of Bronze Record Finishes (Online Time Trial

- Fixed the calculation method for the following stats under the 'Sport' category in 'Profile' in 'My Page':
  ・Pole Positions
  ・Races
  ・Victories

5. Physics Simulation Model
 - Adjusted the speed of certain hybrid cars when they ran out of fuel.

6. Sound
 - Fixed an issue with the Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II engine sound.

7. GT Auto
 - Fixed an issue wherein a livery data error would occur when transferring liveries from 'Gran Turismo Sport' with the following cars:
  ・Toyota 86 GT '15
  ・Toyota 86 GRMN '16
  ・Honda Civic Type R (EK) '98

Undocumented Changes
  • Chase Cam can now be rotated.
  • Ticket notifications have been changed from red to blue.
  • Variable time has been increased from 10x to 30x in Custom Race Mode.
  • Brand Logos have been added to the Car Index in the Garage.
  • An issue in where sorted cars would be reset upon each visit has been fixed.
  • A 6 Star Roulette Parts Ticket has been added as a reward for completing the Daily Workout.
  • An error with the left rear tires during the pit stop animation at Tokyo Expressway has been fixed.
  • An issue where it was not possible to scroll in the Car Collection with the D-pad has been fixed.
  • An exploit found in the Daytona Circuit experience has been fixed.
  • Colors can now be added to text in the chat.
  • Shared content can no longer be viewed from "My Menu" in pre-race screens.

Last edited:
As usual, stick to posting what hasn't been posted in the official patch notes and only post the relavent information in the specific threads.. And before someone asks that question once again, NO you still can't sell cars. If you miss this part, you clearly aren't paying attention. Please read before posting.

And now you may post.

Could you look at a lap backwards on replay mode before this update? If not, then that's new.
EDIT: Ray tracing artifacts on metallic car body surfaces are nearly not longer appearing.
EDIT 2: Not too relevant, but tickets notifications changed from red to blue.
EDIT 3: Variable time speed rate increased from 10x to 30x in Custom Race Mode.
EDIT 4: Car Index in Garage now have brand logos.

Last edited:
In the swap engine list thread, there are possibly two new engines (3UZ-FE-SC430, C7/LT5, i have asked both for confirmation (with screenshots)

C7/LT5 fits in the C3 '69 convertible version.

FV7GC9GVUAAFj8U

FV7C_eaUYAAOmpo

FV7H9zmUsAAaVsB

so that's three engine swaps confirmed

LT5 Corvette C7 - goes into the Corvette C3 Convertible (confirmed that it does not go into the Stingray).
3UZ-FE-SC430 - goes ito the Crown Athlete G '13and the Tundra too (confirmed, not in the Crown Athlete G Safety Car 2013).

@RACECAR

Last edited:
Roulette ticket notifications on the Garage icon are now blue instead of red.

Also, I have no idea if this is a change cuz I’d never tried to look for this before. When a car is in 1st gear at low revs a small amount of throttle is applied automatically, and the drive wheels are powered. Found this out while testing horns while the server was down, I took the Alpine A110 on Daytona and parked it perpendicular on the banking with the E-brake applied, when I disengaged it the car rolled backwards down the bank but spun the rear tires and made a small smoke show without any button input. I didn’t see any throttle apply in any other gears in any circumstance.

Last edited:
p78
In the swap engine list thread, there are possibly two new engines (3UZ-FE-SC430, C7/LT5, i have asked both for confirmation (with screenshots)

C7/LT5 fits in the C3 '69 convertible version.

FV7GC9GVUAAFj8U

FV7C_eaUYAAOmpo

FV7H9zmUsAAaVsB

so that's three engine swaps confirmed

LT5 Corvette C7 - goes into the Corvette C3 Convertible (confirmed that it does not go into the Stingray).
3UZ-FE-SC430 - goes ito the Crown Athlete G '13and the Tundra too (possibly the Crown Athlete G Safety Car 2013).

@RACECAR
So there is an engine from SC430 now but no actual car?

Offtopic
View attachment 1164100
You can rotate the chase cam now!!! Although it's a bit wonky when looking back...
Just a remember that this feature used to actually exist in the closed beta of GT Sport before being removed in an update for reasons that i still don't understand. It was on the wonky side but still better than nothing.

Sorry for going offtopic.

Last edited:
I don’t know if this should be posted here, but I have a Charger Hellcat with racing brakes that were red, and now they’re green and cannot paint them any other color. Tried purchasing both racing brakes sets to no avail, even reverting back to stock and back to racing and they won’t change color, stuck on green calipers. Can anyone confirm?

Edit: checked other cars, they change back to green!! WTH???

Last edited:
Roulette ticket notifications on the Garage icon are now blue instead of red.

Also, I have no idea if this is a change cuz I’d never tried to look for this before. When a car is in 1st gear at low revs a small amount of throttle is applied automatically, and the drive wheels are powered. Found this out while testing horns while the server was down, I took the Alpine A110 on Daytona and parked it perpendicular on the banking with the E-brake applied, when i disengaged it the car rolled backwards down the bank but spun the rear tires and made a small smoke show without any button input. I didn’t see any throttle apply in any other gears in any circumstance.
This is just the creeping from the automatic gearbox. Happens since at least GT5, maybe even 4.

Back