Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.34 Now Available: Buyable Engine Swaps & Special Parts, Three New Cars

• Thread starter Famine
  • 645 comments
If it's indeed the 1990 R32 Nismo, it will be the first car retuning straight from the entire PS1 era (GT1+GT2) all the way to GT7. I thought this honor would go to the Pulsar GTi-R, but here we are.
The R30 Silhouette was the first one.

Last edited:
Honestly I'd rather have one of the base model Skylines like my starter car in GT4. In fact, the vast majority of GT4's starter car list isn't in GT7 and that's upsetting to me. Even more than adding brand new cars, I'd rather them bring back the older cars that I grew up with, the cars that really made GT popular in the US especially with the F&F crowd.

Mitsubishi FTO
Honda Civic EG6
Honda CR-X
Mitsubishi Eclipse

Yeah, these ones are surely missing and all 4 I'd wager have a huge fanbase, and they are all japanese and easy to get... ... Ok, maybe finding a fully stock Honda Civic EG isn't really the easiest thing to find :lol:

Last edited:
I read your post; it does not explain why you're surprised that a car that was always going to come to the game eventually - because it won the GT Award at SEMA, and being in the game is the prize for that, and all but one previous winner has been in a GT game - is coming to the game instead of some random other car, only that you are.

Thus my question "Why the surprise?". It's like being surprised when the Genesis Vision GT comes to the game instead of the Hyundai N Vision 74 Concept.
SEMA winners get scanned and put into Gran Turismo, so he's not sure why it's surprising that they chose the one that won SEMA over another one. It would be far more surprising if they chose another one over the SEMA winner.
my bad, im surprised they chose a car that while it won a gt prize isnt owned by a renowed car guy that happens to appear in the biggest movie franchise ever, in other words: exposure

Last edited:
I'm highly curious about that R32. I bet it's some sort of Nismo model, like we've seen in previous games. But I'm especially happy we're getting more Alfa Romeo models, as they have a history that goes back over a century. We probably wouldn't have Ferrari (and by extension, Lamborghini nor Pagani) if we didn't have Alfa Romeo.

Personally, I still think we need a lot more Alfa Romeo models, like the Tipo 33 Stradale, the original TZ, the return of the TZ3 among others, and the SE 048 SP for a potential Gr.1 car. But I digress - I'll take almost any model at this point. Even the Stelvio Quadrifoglio.

EDIT: The SEMA winner is also neat, but if we can't see the return of the older SEMA winners, then I'd really like to see more tuners in general, such as SARD, Mine's, HKS, and/or Tommykaira.
ferrari-alfa-romeo-tipo-b-p-race-car-exposed-festival-concept-exposition-paris-france-86497577.jpg

Ferrari and Alfa Romeo are interwined.

Ferrari began as a racing team that was racing Alfa Romeos before Enzo went his separate ways.

Honestly I really do appreciate Alfa Romeos a lot. Such beautiful cars and they sound awesome.

Alfa Romeo Guilia QV is the car I would love to buy while at the same I want GT7 to feature the Alfa Romeo GT.

Last edited:
Mitsubishi FTO
Honda Civic EG6
Honda CR-X
Mitsubishi Eclipse

Yeah, these ones are surely missing and all 4 I'd wager have a huge fanbase, and they are all japanese and easy to get... ... Ok, maybe finding a fully stock Honda Civic EG isn't really the easiest thing to find :lol:
The Eclipse wasn't made in Japan and even if there was some that were imported I imagine it would be hard to track down there.

View attachment 1258073

Ferrari and Alfa Romeo are interwined.

Ferrari began as a racing team that was racing Alfa Romeos before Enzo went his separate ways.

Honestly I really do appreciate Alfa Romeos a lot. Such beautiful cars and they sound awesome.

Alfa Romeo Guilia QV is the car I would love to buy while at the same I want GT7 to feature the Alfa Romeo GT.
I knew that. The racing team was founded in 1929, before the actual automaker was founded in 1947. You may or may not know already that the Ferrari SF90 was made in 2019 to celebrate the 90th anniversary of the racing team.

my bad, im surprised they chose a car that while it won a gt prize isnt owned by a renowed car guy that happens to appear in the biggest movie franchise ever, in other words: exposure
You know that Sung Kang's 240Z is only in GT because it also won a GT Award at SEMA, right?

Again, not seeing why it's surprising that a car that would always be coming to the game because it won that award has come to the game, and that some other random car didn't.

Last edited:
PD has released too many GT7 updates with only three cars but only one of them feeling worthwhile (old Giulia this time). I wonder what they’re playing at not bringing the cars most people anticipate. Drip feeding taken to the extreme.
But to play devils advocate, had PD given us even 75% of the game at launch, think of how dead the forum would be, and how many people would have probably shelved the game by now. Or at least relegated it to only occasional screen-time. I’m not saying the drip feed can’t be a bit steadier, because it can. But a certain amount of drip feed IS necessary and good for most aspects of this game.

…this website being one of them

Last edited:
Honestly I'd rather have one of the base model Skylines like my starter car in GT4. In fact, the vast majority of GT4's starter car list isn't in GT7 and that's upsetting to me. Even more than adding brand new cars, I'd rather them bring back the older cars that I grew up with, the cars that really made GT popular in the US especially with the F&F crowd.
Personally, having lived through the creation of the "F&F Crowd," and seeing first hand the damage they did to car culture as a whole (and especially Japanese-car enthusiasts in the US), they can stay far, far away from Gran Turismo.

But to play devils advocate, had PD given us even 75% of the game at launch, think of how dead the forum would be, and how many people would have probably shelved the game by now. Or at least relegated it to only occasional screen-time. I’m not saying the drip feed can’t be a bit steadier, because it can. But a certain amount of drip feed IS necessary and good for most aspects of this game.

Having to dripfeed and hold back existing content or creating an unfinished game and then adding tiny bits into every now and then to make it complete is still not good game design. A competent game studio would create a full, complete experience and then build on it with new content via updates. Grid did this for example, the game launched with a full campaign and varied car list, the season pass then added brand new championships and car classes and the occasional car for the existing classes. There is a difference between supporting an existing game with brand new content that offers new ways to play the game and updates that slowly inch toward making the game they are for closer to being an actually complete game.

Personally I don't find hardly any value with the current updates, I completed the campaign and missions by the end of the second week after release. Now I come back to buy the three new cars in the update, drive them all for maybe a race or two and don't touch the game again until the next update arrives because the game never adds anything truly different content to experience, it's all still the same catch-the-rabbit races against braindead AI for 5-10 laps around the same tired tracks. The Sophy update was the closest thing to add something interesting and different to the game

If they fixed the rubber banding issues in custom races it wouldn't be so bad.
wtf! you don't get it (nothing personal), we have licenses but no licenses races to make the licenses valid for even being in the game.. where is the IA championship, wher are the S championships? wher are the muscle car cups?, the the endurance championships? an 8 race F1 champ? etc, where are all the cool championships that we are used to? A 5 round stars and stripes champ, a nismo cup, a 5 round muscle car meltdown, a 5 round awd turbo championship, etc... easy to setup fun championships that PAY well so you can have run racing your cars AND win lots of credits to allow you to upgrade ll cars in your garage, which for 95% of people, will never happen, because everything in the game is so goddamn dear!!!! This has the bones of great game, beautiful modelling, great sounds and decent handling but the economy and gameplay are absolute TRASH!!!! This is what Dave A was talking about! Turning a trash game with potential into the greatest game of all time! It could be done easy but SONY/PD is greedy and clearly DGAF about us loyal supporters who have bought every edition since GT came out and their consoles to play it on! There will be no magic fix in GT8... Kaz/PD/Sony do not care... they would rather model lunar rovers on the moon than listen to what the community wants (i.ee fixed economy and fun structured race championships)..... I wouldn't care if the whole game was rubbish but I hate to see such a waste of potentail!! And get rid of those damn insulting roulette wheels... and let everyone buy the engine mods.. geezus!!!! what is the point....

wtf! you don't get it (nothing personal), we have licenses but no licenses races to make the licenses valid for even being in the game.. where is the IA championship, wher are the S championships? wher are the muscle car cups?, the the endurance championships? an 8 race F1 champ? etc, where are all the cool championships that we are used to? A 5 round stars and stripes champ, a nismo cup, a 5 round muscle car meltdown, a 5 round awd turbo championship, etc... easy to setup fun championships that PAY well so you can have run racing your cars AND win lots of credits to allow you to upgrade ll cars in your garage, which for 95% of people, will never happen, because everything in the game is so goddamn dear!!!! This has the bones of great game, beautiful modelling, great sounds and decent handling but the economy and gameplay are absolute TRASH!!!! This is what Dave A was talking about! Turning a trash game with potential into the greatest game of all time! It could be done easy but SONY/PD is greedy and clearly DGAF about us loyal supporters who have bought every edition since GT came out and their consoles to play it on! There will be no magic fix in GT8... Kaz/PD/Sony do not care... they would rather model lunar rovers on the moon than listen to what the community wants (i.ee fixed economy and fun structured race championships)..... I wouldn't care if the whole game was rubbish but I hate to see such a waste of potentail!! And get rid of those damn insulting roulette wheels... and let everyone buy the engine mods.. geezus!!!! what is the point....
It's nothing to do with greed.

If it were greed, we'd get large amounts of easy to generate content (basic events) to address the bottom of the barrel criticisms and make the game appealing to buy and to keep playing.

It's purely incompetent game design, not greed.

Having to dripfeed and hold back existing content or creating an unfinished game and then adding tiny bits into every now and then to make it complete is still not good game design. A competent game studio would create a full, complete experience and then build on it with new content via updates. Grid did this for example, the game launched with a full campaign and varied car list, the season pass then added brand new championships and car classes and the occasional car for the existing classes. There is a difference between supporting an existing game with brand new content that offers new ways to play the game and updates that slowly inch toward making the game they are for closer to being an actually complete game.

Personally I don't find hardly any value with the current updates, I completed the campaign and missions by the end of the second week after release. Now I come back to buy the three new cars in the update, drive them all for maybe a race or two and don't touch the game again until the next update arrives because the game never adds anything truly different content to experience, it's all still the same catch-the-rabbit races against braindead AI for 5-10 laps around the same tired tracks. The Sophy update was the closest thing to add something interesting and different to the game
Don’t get me wrong, I agree with most of what you’re saying.

But the value in these monthly updates, is that it creates discussion which is good for clicks, good for outlandish speculation, and good for keeping Gran Turismo relevant in this current sub-genera of games. Especially as this space is going to eventually get more crowded with the new Forza.

Had they released 100% of the game at launch would have been irrelevant. The people who were going to fade away from the game after a month would have done so anyways. The drip-feeding of content keeps the franchise fans, and the franchise-curious engaged. Sure, you’re going to piss some people off that will take their ball and go home out of frustration. But they’re in the minority.

Having said that, I hope this update is content heavy in the way of events.

And selfishly, I also hope that they change the PP algorithm again so I can enjoy the free entertainment of all the tuners acting as if the sky is falling…. again 😂

I’m not against post-release content. My point was that GT7 is taking too long to grow with content the majority of players want. GT Sport did not have this issue to a comparable extent.

Bringing up activity on GTP as an excuse doesn’t even make sense. PD does not run GTP.

Mitsubishi FTO
Honda Civic EG6
Honda CR-X
Mitsubishi Eclipse

100% this. It's kind of sad they're prioritizing variations of an already existing 90s Japanese car in the game instead of bringing back extremely important and relevant ones like those you mentioned. Particularly, the FTO, an absolute classic to old Gran Turismo players, is the one that hurts me the most.

Last edited:
It's nothing to do with greed.

If it were greed, we'd get large amounts of easy to generate content (basic events) to address the bottom of the barrel criticisms and make the game appealing to buy and to keep playing.

It's purely incompetent game design, not greed.
the community has consistently asked for 3 things since day one, selling cars, a proper economy and a game race design that creates fun... we got the car sell feature (unrealistically implemented... those smarmy bigwigs justify ridiculous hagerty prices in the name of "we are making it real" but then give you just a third on resale - unrealistic = GREED!!!), the lack of gaming content = incompetent game design, we agree, and the lack of a decent economy, i.e substantial race payouts to enable you to fitout your garage is pure GREED - the push for microtransaction (has nothing to do with poor game design) - it is a deliberate act to "encourage" you to microtransact! We saw how quickly they were able to adjust payments down to stop people from making a few bucks, they even did it out of monthly schedule - they could just as easily pump up all payments, double triple, quadruple, overnight, if they weren't GREEDY! and if they cared about us fans who have given them so much.... imagine how different Kaz's life would've been if we had never bought his game and then kept buying his games over 25 years on the hope that one day he would get it right.. and return us to the GT1 roots

I’m not against post-release content. My point was that GT7 is taking too long to grow with content the majority of players want. GT Sport did not have this issue to a comparable extent.

Bringing up activity on GTP as an excuse doesn’t even make sense. PD does not run GTP.
Wasn’t limiting GT-related internet traffic to just GT Planet. GTP is just one spoke in that wheel.

But the ongoing exposure of Gran Turismo through a variety of outlets is a good thing. Watching the NBG 24 right now? Most those cars have “Gran Turismo” as a window banner. Now yore a viewer who just decides to Google Gran Turismo, and you’re going to see a fair number of very recent YouTube videos featuring game play. You’ll probably see the recent vids from the content creators giving praise to the recent FIA rounds, or the NBG TT event. This is all part of the machine.

And guess what. Next weeks daily C is the NBG 24 layout 😂

And the “lack of content” is only an issue amongst the very small minority of us who are mega fans. The rest of the player-base, doesn’t care. And there’s even a large amount of us mega fans who aren’t bothered by it, because we make our own fun.

But yes, it does seem fairly easy for PD to give us more events if they wanted to. For whatever reason they’re choosing not to. And IMO, I don’t think said reason is laziness

Last edited:
Don’t get me wrong, I agree with most of what you’re saying.

But the value in these monthly updates, is that it creates discussion which is good for clicks, good for outlandish speculation, and good for keeping Gran Turismo relevant in this current sub-genera of games. Especially as this space is going to eventually get more crowded with the new Forza.

Had they released 100% of the game at launch would have been irrelevant. The people who were going to fade away from the game after a month would have done so anyways. The drip-feeding of content keeps the franchise fans, and the franchise-curious engaged. Sure, you’re going to piss some people off that will take their ball and go home out of frustration. But they’re in the minority.

Having said that, I hope this update is content heavy in the way of events.

And selfishly, I also hope that they change the PP algorithm again so I can enjoy the free entertainment of all the tuners acting as if the sky is falling…. again 😂
it doesn't! I haven't race for fun in over a year. I fire up the game once a month to download new content.. I will race what i have to to clear the menu and get the ticket which then slaps me in the face with a waste of time prize.. then i turn my machime off until the next month. IF the economy was fixed and paid great money, like the old GT2 red rocks... 5 laps = win a Speed 12 which you can sell for 500000, then I would play GT7 every day BUT I will never grind because games are supposed to be fun, and I won't race in a game that rewards you so poorly and charges such huge fees for car upgrades...so I will never race in GT7 again, until they fix the economy , which probably means never........ fortunately, I have R3E, AC, Automobilista, Automobilista2, RF2, ACC and Beam NG and 2 wheel setups, Thrustmaster for the PS and different Thrustmaster for the PC (all the other games) so I don't miss out on racing but GT just frustrates me so much - it is the ultimate tease and decieve product.. Kaz should be ashamed... I have forked out thousands of dollars on his dream over 25 years... and still he serves up this soggy SAO in 2022

Mitsubishi FTO
Honda Civic EG6
Honda CR-X
Mitsubishi Eclipse

With all the manufacturer museums and auction websites these days it's easier than ever to find owners and cars.

What I’m waiting for in one of these updates is a way to class cars together competitively. I know we can match up cars, but it takes time. My friends and I did up some trans am camaro’s. They’re fun to drive. I tried tuning the 69 vette the same way, it blows the Camaro away. So I’m slowly de-tuning it so they’re competitive. But it’s tricky. The best racing is from just all driving the same car with exact tunes. I know there’s BoP and tuning prohibited but that doesn’t work.

I would like to see some kind of equalizer or even if they did some tuning for us, we could apply the tunes to the cars and race em. Like the challenger, Camaro, mustang, corvette and GTO would be cool to be able to load those up, apply the “PD-muscle car tunes” to each car, get out on the track and have close racing with different cars.

With all that being said, I hope we get a new track or two with this update and some different layouts and better payouts for those of us that hardly play single player at all.

With all the manufacturer museums and auction websites these days it's easier than ever to find owners and cars.
I was just joking with the EG Civic, but really, every time I see one, it's not stock. :lol:

Last edited:
Wasn’t limiting GT-related internet traffic to just GT Planet. GTP is just one spoke in that wheel.

But the ongoing exposure of Gran Turismo through a variety of outlets is a good thing. Watching the NBG 24 right now? Most those cars have “Gran Turismo” as a window banner. Now yore a viewer who just decides to Google Gran Turismo, and you’re going to see a fair number of very recent YouTube videos featuring game play. You’ll probably see the recent vids from the content creators giving praise to the recent FIA rounds, or the NBG TT event. This is all part of the machine.

And guess what. Next weeks daily C is the NBG 24 layout 😂

And the “lack of content” is only an issue amongst the very small minority of us who are mega fans. The rest of the player-base, doesn’t care. And there’s even a large amount of us mega fans who aren’t bothered by it, because we make our own fun.

But yes, it does seem fairly easy for PD to give us more events if they wanted to. For whatever reason they’re choosing not to. And IMO, I don’t think said reason is laziness
I don’t know why you feel the need to downplay a fair point. I’m tired of this constant urge to defend game developers making questionable decisions, and people going to great lenghts in their defense of them. Again, GT Sport has proven it doesn’t have to be this way, but here we are. Finally, I haven’t said nor implied PD is lazy.

Last edited:
I fully agree but this is PD we're talking about.

You see meticulous detail and attention paid to many areas of the game and GT7 is a superb creation overall. But there's always something shockingly bad and the lack of races and championships as you say is not in the right place.

A fix to custom races would presumably take a few hours to change so just hoping for the least action, most reward style change from PD.

I think with this frankly poor update that it's time to take a break from the game soon.

i wish next one is GR1 cars, like new Porsche peugout and ferrari
Gran Turismo must focus on lemans GR1 cars
Crap update for me
I thought we might see one of the following Toyota GT-One (TS020), Porsche 963, Nissan R390 etc considering it's the hundredth Le Mans 24 Hours in a few weeks time.

I reckon even Grand Theft Auto might do something for Le Mans.

It's not just the tuners, but those who like to keep their garages organized. Once you use a car, an update that changes the car's PP is not reflected until you get into the car again.

While most of the cars that you never use will have the PP changed automatically, there was already at least one car that instead received the caution symbol instead - the 25th Anniversary version of the Toyota GR Yaris.

Back