Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.68 Arrives March 12: Three New Cars and Four New Events

  • Thread starter Thread starter mastretta_mx
  • 511 comments
  • 86,748 views
so that Renault captur was right , those other Plymouth Barracuda, Mazda RX7 ?

shame no new GT3 , well maybe next time
 
Last edited:
Obviously Captur and RX7, but no idea what the third one is

Actually, the third one looks like a Camaro
 
Last edited:

Called it…
(well, a week earlier than what I was expecting but I did predict a mid March update…)

It does look like the Renault captur in the back and the 1991 rx7 R that was said to be coming in the next update….
The other car I have no clue.
 
Last edited:
At the left, the bonnet bulge speaks 80’s cookie cutter designed Chevrolet SS to me. but the rest? Silvia 240RS ?
 
Last edited:
The left one looks like a Dodge Challenger.

Edit: It's a Chevy Camaro.
 
Last edited:
The silhouette of the left car is unmistakably a 1969 Camaro. It has the same fender lines, the same hood bulge and center spine running across the hood. Since the Camaro Z28 ‘69 is already in the game, my guess it’s the Camaro SS 350 ‘69 from GT6 or the Camaro Red Devil SEMA car from GT6.
You_Doodle_2026-03-07T12_09_42Z.webp

IMG_7889.webp
 
Last edited:
You know, PD have the biggest opportunity to do the craziest thing:

1772886762031.webp


One only has to look at the S15 Silvia to see the Vision.
 
A mid-month content update?
That's new, is this coincide with the improved PSSR system update?
Not like I needed one since I'm still on launch model PS5.
Have no clue about any of these three new cars so I'd just wait for the resident geeks to do all the guesses and spoil them all for me lol.
 
Last edited:
You know, PD have the biggest opportunity to do the craziest thing:

View attachment 1518531

One only has to look at the S15 Silvia to see the Vision.
As much as I’d love to see the RM the fenders don’t match the silhouette. Of course, PD could change it.
 
I really hope it's not a standard variant of the '69 Camaro (like the SS), because that would be a slap in the face of all the actual missing Camaro generations.

Camaro might be the new Miata. You know, thousands of NAs and NDs being added while the NB and NC are collecting dust.

Now, if we're talking '69 Camaro RM or Stielow Engineering Red Devil, then I'm okay with it, even though I'd prefer another generation, like the fourth one, which is a certified GT classic.
 
Last edited:
Finally, we're back in business with a classic GT-style update! The Captur as an excellent rival to the 2008, the '91 RX-7 as a symbolic addition (the first of the FDs) that will likely have some gorgeous customisation options, and a Camaro that, should it be the RM, will conjure up livery ideas and league concepts for months to come.

No surprise that the usual suspects are already up in arms about this, because some people in this fanbase fundamentally lack the creativity to achieve a greater vision. Trust me, once you experience the full potential of this game you will uncover worlds you didn't know existed.
 
As much as I’d love to see the RM the fenders don’t match the silhouette. Of course, PD could change it.
Doesn't have to be exact. Could be a remake like the Silvia Touring car is.
 
I have a question, could the car on the left be a Pontiac Firebird from 1967-1969?
 
Nothing so much exiting, but i quite like the FD Efini, so at least there's one car I wanna drive :-D
 
No way! I literally saw the 1991 FD this past January. It is as heart throbbing in photos as it is in person. A masterclass in proportions, stunning from any angle.

20260110_145427.webp

20260110_143523.webp

20260110_143603.webp

​
PD has been doing an astounding job lately with the visual customisation options for newly–added cars. I know it's hoping for a lot, but if the customisation options in the game gave allows us to give the FD the A-Spec or GT-C look, I'd... well, I'd post a gif, but I doubt the mods would like it :lol:

Hopefully the sound of the '91 FD is much improved too. The Spirit R sounds oddly muted, and the rotary whine is completely inaudible when driving. The Spirit R is already a handful in the game, so I expect the '91 to be a LOT spicier on narrower and square tyres setup.
 
I have a question, could the car on the left be a Pontiac Firebird from 1967-1969?
I thought the same thing too but the hood and front fenders don’t seem to match as closely. The Camaro matches it more although I’d much prefer them to add a 1st gen ‘69 Firebird before another ‘69 Camaro.
IMG_7890.webp
 
Last edited:
Back