Gran Turismo - Open World Freeroam? (Read OP)

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by johnny dazed, Dec 1, 2010.

?

Would you like an added free-roam mode in the Gran Turismo series?

1. Yes

1,107 vote(s)
    80.5%
  2. No

268 vote(s)
    19.5%
  1. QuikSlvr223

QuikSlvr223

You'd think we'd be able to drive around in Andalucia, right?

2. Griffith500

Griffith500

Kaz said we'll be able to make our own courses there, so I'd expect so.

Stuff about the course creator starts at 13 minutes, 50 seconds.
    At 14:50: "You can lay out your track in this [Andalucian] scenery"

3. Shirrako

Shirrako

It's probably like in GT5, Eiffel Circuit was a grass layout, in GT6 you will have a City layout in the Course creator.

4. Sadly too limited (for me), but truly awesome (in comparison to GT5).

5. Griffith500

Griffith500

Maybe. I think the screenshot that was up on the projector when Translator-san said "this scenery" might suggest not, as it was clearly Ronda. I don't think the other style of course creator is going anywhere, either, since Kaz said the algorithm has been improved. A "City" theme might be fun, though.

I guess we'll have to wait for them to demo it.

6. z71L28

z71L28

Not a bad idea, pertty cool for cruzeing around. Will give me something different to do besides time triel lap. But it's not a major priority game content like getting reid of standerds is.

7. Angelo GT_D

Angelo GT_D

:idea:It would be awesome if we can use the freeroam as a menu. For instance, we could drive from Home to GT AUTO, to the dealership or to any event spot.

8. gt4viper

gt4viper

Looks to me like the new course maker is the answer to our prayers, or at least close!

9. ImmalovemaGTR

ImmalovemaGTR

Yes!!! +13567!!!
    Think of the menu map in GT1!!! It looked like a city with several car dealers and so on... In GT4, it was a world map, but that'd be too huge, I think :lol:, but a little GT-Town would be awesome...:)

10. ZZ-II

ZZ-II

yes! i also thought about something like that, would be pretty cool!

11. You have no idea how many people have said that they hate this idea. I wouldn't mind it. I think one excuse was that "this isn't grand theft auto!!!" just like the idea of free roam itself.

I think it would be too risky having it like this even though it's something I'm interested in seeing.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  12. Youngun

Youngun

Well 3 things that i know "some" people ask for. 1) freerom 2) more customization 3) livery editor ...........so pretty much n4s Underground style. This isnt a racing game, its a driving sim, and whats the best way to sim racing? To show every aspect of it, driving to the garage, shops, tracks, home etc a good simulation of real racing. Ok so no cross country driving like crew or drive club but you cod still drive through monaco or london or paris to get to tracks ATFER getting off a ferry etc.

Its also why i feel sponsorship and team hiring should also be added.

13. gt4_eddy

gt4_eddy

I think that they should have a garage then roads connecting tracks together

14. Ranman20

Ranman20

Well since were supposedly getting 2500 square kilometers track editor. I think our prayers have been answered.

15. White & Nerdy

White & Nerdy

I won't be calling it 'till I actually see a free roam environment, preferably with online capabiliy. Hopefully there'll be a freeway loop somewhere as well, or at least a fairly straight, secluded road that could be looped with other such roads and used as a substitute-freeway.

16. GTV0819

GTV0819 (Banned)

It may be hard to free roam in this game if there will be since the roaming area won't be that big.

17. ildd

ildd

2500-10000 sq km isn't big?

18. GTV0819

GTV0819 (Banned)

Yes, it's big. But is that the free roam or the track editor that they we're saying?

19. JacksonSilva

JacksonSilva

The only way I'd like a "free roam" mode would be in some events like the special event Grand Tour in GT5, instead of showing that presentation you'd drive to the place of the next event.

20. Free roaming was never confirmed or even suggested at by Kaz. Until there's confirmation, temper your expectations. It seems to only be a possibility from our perspective.

21. GTV0819

GTV0819 (Banned)

I'd rather have tracks that are connected together than having free roam mode in the next game.

22. pooioo

pooioo

Do you mean this thread should never have been existed ?:drool:

23. haha No. I want free roam. People are making it sound it's been confirmed is all. Kaz said they thought about a free roam where traffic laws are obeyed and such, but that was for GT5. Nothing has been said about free roam in GT6. It only seems like a probability/possibility (we can't be sure) that GT6 will have free roam.

24. OriginalCheezIt

OriginalCheezIt

Free roam would be absolutely perfect for me. I could ignore all the little faults of GT if it meant having free roam. Keep in mind that there is not a game on the market that has both realistic physics AND free roam. I feel like that would really boost sales too.

25. Master Weasel

Master Weasel Premium

Forza Horizon sure does.

26. Nurburgthing.

Nurburgthing.

In previous news...

27. pooioo

pooioo

Hardcore mode of Test Drive Unlimited 1 was really tought too.

28. Nothing for GT6 though, and I already mentioned and referenced that

29. Youngun

Youngun

Hopefully someone in the next interview could bring this up? JORDAN.............. Maybe at the tokyo game show?

30. Parker

Parker

I disagree with that. While Horizon doesn't feel like Ridge Racer or something like that it is nowhere near the level of Gran Turismo or Forza Motorsport, in fact Shift 2: Unleashed felt better to me. There is a few realistic parts in Horizon but I personally don't think the game is realistic.

As for the OP, yeah, I'd love to see a free roam option for Gran Turismo but only after the rest of the games faults were fixed.