Gran Turismo Sport 1.11 Update Now Available

• Thread starter wicken
  • 946 comments
In my opinion, Gr. X is a good place for the retro cars. Namely because:

1. They're ancient race cars
  2. Almost all of the modern race cars can outperform them
But, with how Gr. X is, it's kind of a mess, as it's placed in a category where cars like the Tomahawk are. What PD needs to do around this point is make an option where in lobbies you can filter out specific cars in that category.

This has been a great update, with these cars being a nice addition to the car list. My main gripe is just the FT-1 being a Gr. X car when there's a Gr. 3 version of the car.

...could've been a nice N500 fighter!

IMHO it's brilliant that the pricing of these ultra rare cars is in the stratosphere.

Challenge is a good thing for me.
Long term goals are good for me.
I don't want a game to be "over" in 125 days.

Finally, rather than use the unhappy word "grind", I always think of it as "earn". For me, if a game becomes a "grind", then I really should move on.
I mean it's all a matter of personal opinion. I race online quite often, I do several sport mode races a week, I've completed the campaign 100%, I've spent 119 hours driving. I'm currently under 12 mil cr and my total value of cars purchased is 11,3xx,xxx cr. So even if I never purchased any cars, in 119 hours of actual driving (not even counting time going through menus, setting up cars, etc) I would barely have enough money to purchase 1 of these cars, and that's including completing the entire game. And it's worth noting that it isn't even possible to complete the game without purchasing vehicles because many of the missions require garage vehicles.

The value of these cars don't correlate to the value you earn from race earnings. I play this game a ton and right now if I wanted to purchase these cars I would have to set up an arcade race that maximizes my earnings and do it over and over and over and over again. That is as grindy as it gets and is the complete opposite of what I consider fun, personally. I should not have to dedicate my life more so than it already is to this video game. IMO these cars should be valued between 6-8 million Cr.

Last edited:
I tuned it just enough to keep it a N300 class car, maximum weight reduction and racing super soft tires. It’s a handful to drive with a pad though so I actually had to switch stability control on for the first time, and I kept TCS at 3.

EDIT: It’s way slower than the opponents on the straights, yes, but you fly by them in the corners/corner exits.

I got 230 with a n400, if it's only an extra 20k i think i prefer to leave it at 400 in case teh tail decides to just slide out! yea i know what you mean but i didn't touch the stability setting just the stabilizers. had the rear set to 1 and front to 8 and it still chucks the tail if you steer "too much"

20 million credit cars in GT Sport are just cars I won't ever drive. The game does not have a tangible, legitimate way of earning enough cash to justify having these in the game.

Like many have said, identifying a credits mule doesn't count as good game design. If PD doesn't intend for us to drive some of these cars then that's fine but personally, I won't be busting my back to earn the cash. I've played for 55 hours and earned 8 million in total. :lol:

It's probably because of the:

"The specifications for this car are fictitious set created specially for Gran Turismo"

In-game description of the Toyota FT-1 2014, i don't know why they couldn't use the real cars specs and make it a N car in GT S.

Well they can't use that as an excuse; the gr.b and gr.3 road cars are made up but sit in the n500 class. It's a shame as I was looking forward to the ft1, but the fact it's in gr.x basically makes it pointless given how much less credits you get for using one in league.

It's a shame they didn't add some new events that make it possible to use the Dodge Hellcat and Nissan R35 too; right now both are in my garage gathering digital dust (I know I can just do a custom race, but the payouts are poor compared to league races)

Not sure if intention.. but on the interior view of the diablo the cigarette lighter next to the steering wheel isn't horizontal.

Will try and get a picture when next time I'm on

Yes, i disagreed with he saying "there just no way to make enough cash in the game", there is many ways to earn credits in this game, but you have to grind for it, no question about that, but GT have always been about grinding for credits.

Edit.

We can even grind over night, Custom Race - Mercedes AMG GT3 against a Gr.1 car on Northern Isle Speedway, 12 hours, 2 cars, boost off, professional, that will give you 933.000 and 7.400 xp for second place, use a controller and tape the R1 and leave the controller on charging, i usally do this if i'm watching someting on the TV, sleeping or if i'm not home and can't grind myself.

But i do most of the grinding myself:

View attachment 709319

+ some second and third places as well, i have to start grinding again, because i'm broke after i bought the Ferrari 330 P4, the credits i have now is from second place custom race 2 laps on Monza with the ferrari 330 P4.

This is what I do... a tuned F40 can easily lap everyone and bring in $160,000 with the handicap.
Anyone know what the max HP of the Supra is?!

Instead of buying the 20 mil credit cars, why not just win them? :P
AfIBwsP.jpg

Man!! I need some of that luck. All I get is the same cars literally all the time. Will pressing any buttons while the cursor is highlighting the cars help with which car is selected?

Errrm... not sure if this has been mentioned of if it is the appropriate place to mention it, but the brake/hub assembly isn't actually connected to the rim on the F1... :confused:

39011868945_721db9ec07_h.jpg

39200146304_d14f512f14_h.jpg

39200146134_85e01a0b28_h.jpg

I don’t know if it is related, but in the last patch i was spectating a lobby race and one of the cars had his brake calipers spinning together with the wheels. Bug ?

(Also my first post here:cheers: )

It's a shame they didn't add some new events that make it possible to use the Dodge Hellcat and Nissan R35 too; right now both are in my garage gathering digital dust (I know I can just do a custom race, but the payouts are poor compared to league races)

True, but i don't think PD is finished with GT League events just yet and i hope there will also be a Historic Racing Car event in the future, so i can race the Ferrari 330 P4 against the Jaguar XJ13, one-make race in custom race was not that fun to be honest.

Edit.

We can use the Ferrari 330 P4 in the La Festa Cavallino, but that is a N600 race and the Ferrari 330 P4 is a Gr. X, so first place gave me just ca 48.000 :embarrassed:.

Last edited:
'Sort of' available. If you dont care about saving your game or getting anything new with PSN down. GREAT JOB, PD, REALLY GREAT. Project Cars lokkimg better and better.

You have to tune its power so that it is one tick below the N400 category. I also have it at its lightest weight and use racing super soft tires.
The opponent cars go super slow in turns 1 and 3. As long as you go faster than them in the turns, you'll be able to catch up to 1st place by lap 10 the latest.
If the car in first place is the Veyron, it'll be super easy to catch up. Same applies for the Veneno and Enzo.
If the car in first place is the LaFerrari, it'll be a bit harder, but still very doable.

wow i tried the n300 cat and it seemed hopeless but yea i get what you're saying. might try it again. Is the payout 375 with clean race or without?

With the N300 KTM XBow you can get the time down to 12 minutes per run for 375k / 8250 xp with the clean race bonus and 150% car handicap.

I just did a clean run on Lago Magiorre with the N200 Toyota 2000GT for 405k / 8910 xp clean race + 170% car handicap, yet that takes 22 minutes and is a lot harder. Fun race though. Against the Veyron it took until the last 2 corners to stay ahead and win by 0.910 seconds.

that's cutting it very tight lol

Has anyone done the new Gr. 3 Endurance race in GT League? I'm curious how the AI behave and if they have more liveries than just the default ones in the dealership. Also if it's a one or two stopper. I plan on running flat out on FM1 with no diversion from that plan.

wow i tried the n300 cat and it seemed hopeless but yea i get what you're saying. might try it again. Is the payout 375 with clean race or without?

that's cutting it very tight lol

The X-BOW in Blue Moon isn't all too tricky. Make sure to go to car settings and select the customizable transmission and have it set to 280kmh max speed. For me also helped greatly to use medium racing tires on the front with super soft on the rear, less twitchy.

Also reduce weight to the lowest possible and increase power to one click under N400.

If you wanna make it even easier activating the stability manager helps too, but it's more fun without it :D.

The LaFerrari ir by far the hardest opponent in this scenario but it's very beatable using those setting :)

The X-BOW in Blue Moon isn't all too tricky. Make sure to go to car settings and select the customizable transmission and have it set to 280kmh max speed. For me also helped greatly to use medium racing tires on the front with super soft on the rear, less twitchy.

Also reduce weight to the lowest possible and increase power to one click under N400.

If you wanna make it even easier activating the stability manager helps too, but it's more fun without it :D.

The LaFerrari ir by far the hardest opponent in this scenario but it's very beatable using those setting :)
Hm, going to try this now, i usally use the F40, because i know i will win, but now i need some credits, so i will try it right now :lol:.

Edit.

It worked like a charm:

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180126192559.jpg

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180126192641.jpg

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180126192654.jpg

:D 👍 :gtpflag:

Hahaha, that's right, not bad payout for 12 min drive :).

Last edited:
Just downloaded the update earlier, and I immediately bought and tested the Supra. I can feel the ludicrous amount of love that has gone into the car, so much that it's about to burst from the screen. It looks and sounds fantastic, that signature straight-6 feels meaty, and the attention to detail on the model is crazy. I'd like to specifically mention the brake lights (the polygon count on which I am sure of is absurd :crazy:) and the woefully inadequate speedometer (I laugh every time the speedo climbs rapidly then just stops at 180 :lol:)

Just downloaded the update earlier, and I immediately bought and tested the Supra. I can feel the ludicrous amount of love that has gone into the car, so much that it's about to burst from the screen. It looks and sounds fantastic, that signature straight-6 feels meaty, and the attention to detail on the model is crazy. I'd like to specifically mention the brake lights (the polygon count on which I am sure of is absurd :crazy:) and the woefully inadequate speedometer (I laugh every time the speedo climbs rapidly then just stops at 180 :lol:)
Yeah, just discovered that i'm offline as well in GT S :boggled:.

Yup, I can confirm this. I switched to another game after playing GT Sport and the "PlayStation Network is currently undergoing maintenance" pop-up flashed on my screen.

Back