Gran Turismo Sport Update 1.65

GR.4 are production cars with slicks and roll cages. I used the GR.4 GT-R in a Custom Race at Tsukuba. Selected the N600 class and put SH tyres on the GR.4 car.
Having 200bhp less than the Nismo R35 road car, the difference in power, kills the Gr.4 on straights.
The GR.4 M4, Mustang, Vantage, F-Type, RC F, Cayman are pretty close in power to their road car brethren. Fun stuff.
The FFs are totally above their road car variants. Just compare the tyre width alone.
That's the appeal of GR.4(GT4). Less weight and stickier tyres, in a production car package, purpose built for the track.

I get all that, what I don’t get is why GT, a mainly my road car game has all of a sudden swapped to race cars 95% of the time. That the not understandable part. They were in older titles, but the main chunk of those games were road cars. Why did we switch for this one, and they just go basically flat out race cars?

Like, for example, racing anything above Gr.3 just sucks royally, the dirty air ruins it completely, it’s just group TT, not a race. Road cars don’t have to worry about that, and are a lot more fun to actually race because of it.

Last edited:
I get all that, what I do t get is why GT, a mainly my road car game has all of a sudden swapped to race cars 95% of the time. That the not understandable part. They were in older titles, but the main chunk of those games were road cars. Why did we switch for this one, and they just go basically flat out race cars?

Like, for example, racing anything above Gr.3 just sucks royally, the dirty air ruins it completely, it’s just group TT, not a race. Road cars don’t have to worry about that, and are a lot more fun to actually race because of it.
Honestly, we've had racing modifications in GT since the start. I think even more race car variants in past GT games of certain models. As we progress through the games, the race cars have a big roll.
It's in an interview here, in gtp. Famine could probably find it quicker.

In GTS, I think the car count is split 50/50 with road cars and race cars.
Anyway, this is one of the interviews about joining the FIA and why we have race cars.
https://www.gtplanet.net/kazunori-y...-gran-turismo-sport-fia-championship-evolved/

Edit: Just remembered. You may have read an interview where some members brought their PS2 games to an FIA EVENT. I think Kaz joined in and actually said he forgot how much fun those games were and how much fans still played the classic GT games. Hence why GT7 will revisit the past.

Last edited:
I get all that, what I do t get is why GT, a mainly my road car game has all of a sudden swapped to race cars 95% of the time. That the not understandable part. They were in older titles, but the main chunk of those games were road cars. Why did we switch for this one, and they just go basically flat out race cars?

I guess that's why GT Sport wasn't called GT7?... For a more online-race-oriented title, such a decision seems to make more sense.

Plus penalty system.
Take Tsukuba for example. Road cars there are fantastic, except the pen system sucks so bad it goes Mariokart.
It’s one of my favorite tracks, but I don’t bother anymore. Getting punted is guaranteed.
Also what about Brands Indy Suzuka East RBR short and some road car races?
Great tracks but never seems to happen.
@sturk0167 said the other day sport mode is mismanaged and it seems others agree.
For me street cars are fun, but the pen system ruins it almost always.
Either it nails you for a little nothing rub, or it lets others punt you right off and gives nothing.
Imo the success of the next game is going to depend on the pen system.
I do like the GT cars though, approachable and easy, but challenging to get the most out.
The group 1 races are pretty arcade in my view.

Last edited:

I think this is the reason people are turned off of Sports Mode more than the penalties. Alienating fans from the original spirt of the game, the love of carS.

FIA partnership is great. But it's called GT Sport. Not FIA Sport.

I guess that's why GT Sport wasn't called GT7?... For a more online-race-oriented title, such a decision seems to make more sense.

Does it though? I’d argue that using cars that can actually be raced easier/better, would suit an online racing title better than online group TT in high downforce race cars?

Last edited:
FIA partnership is great. But it's called GT Sport. Not FIA Sport.

How many players of this game practice FIA practice lobby FIA talk FIA then race FIA and nothing else?
It’s such a good point. The carrot dangle to nowhere of going to a live event has really made things super super serious like FIA death match or something.
I mentioned this before to @sturk0167 like what if they had like a daily street race type thing but added a mini game also after the race where you could call a guy out and fight like street style GTA?
So DR would be invisible but if you were high ranked your guy would be all yoked and newcomers would be small lol.
But they could totally do like open garage race for pinks and stuff like that with the street cars.
Maybe have street circuits with ai traffic too or something.
There’s just so much they could add if they wanted to break from repetition.
I just think it would be so funny, post race a button “call out” player x lol
Then a screen pops up and you fight lol
It’s be so funny like if I’m 30k or something then call out like an alien at 90k and maybe my guy looks kinda tough but they are like an Incredible Hulk lol I dunno.
FIA is too serious and it casts this weird shadow of cutthroat competition and why?
I mean 99.9999 percent of us live event is irrelevant. Why so serious?

How many players of this game practice FIA practice lobby FIA talk FIA then race FIA and nothing else?
It’s such a good point. The carrot dangle to nowhere of going to a live event has really made things super super serious like FIA death match or something.
I mentioned this before to @sturk0167 like what if they had like a daily street race type thing but added a mini game also after the race where you could call a guy out and fight like street style GTA?
So DR would be invisible but if you were high ranked your guy would be all yoked and newcomers would be small lol.
But they could totally do like open garage race for pinks and stuff like that with the street cars.
It’s be so funny like if I’m 30k or something then call out like an alien at 90k and maybe my guy looks kinda tough but they are like an Incredible Hulk lol I dunno.
FIA is too serious and it casts this weird shadow of cutthroat competition and why?
Oh, yeah. This game definitely needs post-race fights. :mad: :ouch:
Not interested in the opinions of anyone who thinks it's actual racing, rather than a game. Just want to have fun! :lol:

Last edited:

For me anyways, the cut throat competition is the single biggest draw to this game. That’s what makes it great! 👍

It’s also why I am willing to put up with driving the cars that I don’t like driving, like HDF cars.

Last edited:
For me anyways, the cut throat competition is the single biggest draw to this game. That’s what makes it great! 👍

I like it too, but it needs a fun side as well.
Like you call out the wrong dude,

And he gets all your garage!

I mean I like FIA races, but really gotta have time/be in a competitive mood.
Turismo could do with some more creative gameplay options, for those interested.
How nice would it be if you got punted to call a guy out and pummel him?
Lol
I think it would be fun, maybe it’s not everyone’s cup of tea.

Last edited:
Maybe make it realistic?
You get out of the car, run over to his pit and go after them lmao.
I’d like to do a helmet throw :) lol

I’d map a button on my wheel for helmet throw!
8E5B4587-BC3B-47C5-B079-AAA63426C179.gif

Last edited:
Ughh, I hate racing road cars on sport tires in this game. I want more GT3, GT4, and Super GT. Proper high speed racing on slicks. I hope GT7 brings way more race cars and leave the road cars for Beginner's Cup.

*points to Assetto Corsa Competizione*
Yeah, I'm waiting for the ps5 update. But even then, it won't hold a candle to GT Sport's ease of use and ease of entering a race with decent matchmaking. I love the Gran Turismo franchise. Been with it since the beginning. I want it to improve and change rather than devolve by citing DNA.

Ps. Doesnt make sense to compare physics by under/oversteer as one can make massive difference by tuning your car.. GTS bop is just mostly messed-up.
Well I make my judgement based on the standard settings of the car. Of course tuning makes a difference but I want to make a fair comparison between the two games.

That’s an awfully long winded way of saying “they are very similar”. :lol:
Sure is but I wanted to point out the intricate differences that make Assetto Corsa a more realistic game compared to GT Sport. I find that GT games are good at capturing the overall "feel" of a car, but not so good at the little things that really sell the experience IMO.

*can’t tell what track he points to*

The graphics are too blurry!

ACC looks amazing on a high-end PC, they have just had to cut it down too much to make it playable on the previous gen consoles. Personally, I still think it looks decent on my base PS4, not terribly concerned about graphics.

GTS looks incredible for a PS4 game (and probably has the best replay cameras of any racing game on any platform) but they have had to pre-render all the lighting and get rid of features such as dynamic time of day and weather to achieve that in 60fps.

Looks vs features, it's a compromise. :)

EDIT: Realised I had a typo, wrote lightning when I actually meant lighting... an appropriate error for a GT forum! :lol:

Last edited:
ACC looks amazing on a high-end PC, they have just had to cut it down too much to make it playable on the previous gen consoles. Personally, I still think it looks decent on my base PS4, not terribly concerned about graphics.

On my ps4 pro, ACC is unplayable. It’s blurry.
On my pc it looks nice. I mean I couldn’t ever agree to anyone saying graphics don’t matter in a video game.
ACC just doesn’t run in a way I find playable on console.
On pc it’s pretty nice. I like it there.
There were many of us that really looked forward to it’s release and fell for Kunos’ ploy hook line and sinker.
What a letdown! Imo they just let that other company do the incomplete crummy buggy botched console port to make money to invest in pc version/future.
Honestly the graphics are sad on my pro, the frame rates awful.
Sure on pc it’s good. Never ever questioned that, but there’s a reason no one plays the console version.
on console imo GTS for circuit racing and Dirt Rally 2 for rally.
They are by FAR the best two racing titles.
GTS could learn a lot from DR2.
I love DR2. It runs flawless the driving’s fabulous, just a great great title.
The cars in that game are amazing! The sounds performance...
The stages are incredible.
I highly reccomend DR2.
I could never reccomend ACC on console

Last edited:
I love DR2. I haven't used my wheel with it yet but it's great with a controller.

ACC on ps5, even with the 60fps, is horrid looking. It's a far cry from how it looks on PC.

I really do look forward to the true ps5 update but if they make me have to change my wheel settings every time I want to switch cars, I'll be pissed.

Well, there are often road cars in daily race A, and Gr.2 in Race C sometimes. The FIA races, at least the National ones, have formula cars, Gr.B cars, road cars, even Gr.X... The Manufacturer series is as it is due to...well, the manufacturers, as there are no Gr.2 or Gr.B Mercedes' in the game, for example.

I really don't know what you're talking about.

There you go, answered your own question.

More sim than arcade, means it's still simcade.

Driving simulator? Never was.

Racing simulator? That, it is.

Drive a car in for example PC2 (on PC) and see what throwing a car around really feels like.

60fps kills FFB accuracy. 120fps is a manageable minimum for me. The difference in input delay is massive. GT Sport's FFB is pretty rubbish to begin with. It does have really good pad motion controls though. Very plug&play, which is why it's so popular.

ANY racing game on any platform is in some form an arcade racer, including Project Cars 2. And the driving simulator part must be more than ok since GTS E-Racers are able to take their skills to and from other racing games and still be dominating there.

I love DR2. I haven't used my wheel with it yet but it's great with a controller.

ACC on ps5, even with the 60fps, is horrid looking. It's a far cry from how it looks on PC.

I really do look forward to the true ps5 update but if they make me have to change my wheel settings every time I want to switch cars, I'll be pissed.
One thing to note if you haven’t already, on ps5 you need to set output to 1080 BEFORE launching acc, otherwise the graphics will be the muddy version.
1080 setting you get upgraded textures, improved lod and smooth 60fps, massive difference.

Back