Gran Turismo Sport 1.13 Update Now Available

Not to mention we have the FIA in this game. Every real-life race track they would license to PD would have to be spot-on 100% accurate. Exact width of the track, radius of each corner, how bumpy or smooth the road surface is, how many rumbles there are in a rumble strip, and so on.

Exactly, right? Scummy AAA publishers these days purposely railroad you into their predatory microtransactions, while PD over here just pushes out extra content with no extra charge. I'm telling you right now, some of these people who complain on the lack of race tracks and insist on "willing to pay for race tracks right now" will turn back on their word and crucify PD if PD does decide to charge extra for new race tracks.

How on earth does paid DLC not split the community? Please, do tell. Because paid DLC back in GT5 prevented some players from accessing Twin Motegi.
It depends on the offer. Six circuits and six cars Gr. 3, for example, in MY OPINION, if the price is symbolic, do not divide.

If the game is of GOOD QUALITY, it does not divide. It's no charging ten dollars for just one circuit. Charging five dollars for a car. This is failure. But charging fifteen dollars for ten circuits and ten cars, people would pay.

We have examples in other genres of games. I'd rather pay five dollars to eat tasty steak than eat liver for free.

Last edited:
In my opinion, instead of paid DLC and charging people with real currency, how about Mileage points as alternative solutions? So, you are unlocking tracks with certain amount of Mileage point it has. It is also give some effort and motivation to achieve what you want (or probably quickly get exhausted because constant grinding lol).Of course it will not solve the problem completelty, but at least it can reduce cancerous rant against lootboxes/paid DLC if it is being implemented in game instead. I'm aware some people is fine with paid content, but majority players seems still relying on easiness to grab those content in their hands.

Or you can enjoy my predictions that I already posted earlier but do not hope too much for it :

Just speculations but you guys remember when 1.10 patch added alternative layout for Kyoto? And then 1.11 we had Monza and new Maggiore layout, 1.12 is small fix patches and then 1.13 we have alternative layout for BMB. If my thought is correct, then somewhere between 1.14 or 1.15 we going to have real life track added in game. Looks like it is possible cycle for track updates, if there is no small fixes like 1.12 patch.

Once again, this is just pure speculations. PD could do the twist and surprise us with their decision. Also, keep your expectations (and mine also) not too high. Well... after years on knowing how PD worked... guess this is how you can handle your own optimism against PD mind boggling decisions and slow progresses.

Just speculations but you guys remember when 1.10 patch added alternative layout for Kyoto? And then 1.11 we had Monza and new Maggiore layout, 1.12 is small fix patches and then 1.13 we have alternative layout for BMB. If my thought is correct, then somewhere between 1.14 or 1.15 we going to have real life track added in game. Looks like it is possible cycle for track updates, if there is no small fixes like 1.12 patch.

Once again, this is just pure speculations. PD could do the twist and surprise us with their decision. Also, keep your expectations (and mine also) not too high. Sorry to give you an advice like this, but after years on knowing how PD worked... guess this is how you can handle your own optimism against PD mind boggling decisions and slow progresses.
I think after the closure of GT6 servers, PD can bring a circuit pack to the GTS in March or April. Closing the GT6 servers is a move that forces the community to migrate to GTS.

Lol seriously what a weird question. I can’t appreciate the basics of a sports car without it needing to have the most powerful upgrades on the market?

For the record I drive a Ford Focus Titanium TDCi of 115 BHP with a handful of additional options over what is already the highest trim available here on the Belgian market.

It was a joke question. As I said, your tastes are your tastes, feel free to enjoy a basic sports car if you wish. I just have a difficulty translating that taste to a game setting because, to me, it's obvious: I want to drive the best this car can be because I likely won't be able to IRL. That's what video-games are for.

But see, in real life, because you had the money, you went for the best you could get. I don't understand why, in a video-game, without such monetary concerns, you wouldn't want to drive the Focus RS! However, that's just me. I appreciate the evolution of car models and, more often then not, I will find a newer model better in a both an objective and subjective manner.

I think after the closure of GT6 servers, PD can bring a circuit pack to the GTS in March or April. Closing the GT6 servers is a move that forces the community to migrate to GTS.

Could be. However, it is better to wait and see the proof that PD can get more focus towards GTS while also bring more content and support for the game after GT6 service is ended.

The ability to maintain preset liveries for race cars while in the livery editor is huge. I wish we could also change the paint (not just the rims), but that seems plausible for a future update.

No company gets a free pass on content just because the content is free. People paid full price for the game and are going to be critical of the direction it's heading, that's how the world works. I find a lot more entitlement in the mentality that people should, in effect, shut the hell up because it's "FREE". Who are you to be critical of other people and pass judgement on how they contribute to these forums and how they feel about the new content? That's entitlement.
Amen to this. I will continue to voice my disappointment in the lack of tracks until it is addressed. People can think I and others are entitled, lmao, I really don't give a damn. I paid full price for this game like everyone else and apparently hold PD and their games to a higher standard than most people do. I think the problem in this thread isn't entitlement, it's accepting whatever content is given to you just because it's free, regardless of how good or not it may be, and ridiculing others who think differently claiming they're spoiled entitled brats 👎

An update for Gran Turismo Sport has been released. The following is a list of the main features introduced:

7. Discover
 - You can now preview the liveries of cars within the car livery.
Finally. A welcome addition.

In my opinion, instead of paid DLC and charging people with real currency, how about Mileage points as alternative solutions? So, you are unlocking tracks with certain amount of Mileage point it has. It is also give some effort and motivation to achieve what you want (or probably quickly get exhausted because constant grinding lol).Of course it will not solve the problem completelty, but at least it can reduce cancerous rant against lootboxes/paid DLC if it is being implemented in game instead. I'm aware some people is fine with paid content, but majority players seems still relying on easiness to grab those content in their hands.

I'm sure I'm not alone in saying I'd much rather throw a few dollars PD's way via paid DLC to actually use new content than to have it locked behind things like a 20,000,000 Cr. in-game price tag. As is, most players either have to dedicate themselves to a considerable amount of grinding for certain cars, or rely on luck for them via prize spins.

Contrast that to something like FM7. The last car pack averages $1 per car, and they're all new-to-franchise models. Spend the money, and not only are they available to drive stock in most game modes via the "Rental Car" option, but players are given one copy of each in their garage for zero credits.

Note: I'm not saying either is objectively better than the other. I just find those that refer to any paid DLC as cancerous (not saying you — I believe you were using that term because those that rant would) are just as out to lunch as those that are quick to shout "entitled" whenever someone has any level of criticism about free content. Paid DLC is optional extras — the sort of thing that typically costs money in just about any other aspect of life. My favourite example is buying cars: I can't walk into a BMW dealership, ask for a 340i, but demand I pay 320i prices.

I appreciate PD adding to the game for free. Given that the majority of the cars have been from past games, I think that was a wise move: FM5 got (deservedly, IMO) trashed for largely relying on updated FM4 assets for its paid DLC program, and I think that would've happened here too had PD done the same. But after March, if the team refocuses on largely new metal, and starts charging somewhere around $1 or $2 per car, I'll very likely buy it all. I like to support the teams behind these games — and that's still a hell of a deal compared to things like fighting games charging over $5 per character! :eek:

Lootboxes are a whole other issue. Locking exclusive cars behind those sorts of game mechanics, and making the boxes an integral part of the game's economy and progression, is a player-unfriendly move. Luckily, no racing game has done it (yet). I'm a firm believer that if you're paying actual money for something, it should be for that thing, not the chance of actually receiving it.

Here is my long awaited and in depth review of the GTS generic F1 car for all my fans and followers. It is utter **** .

Mostly, but not only, due to that unique GTS exponential throttle thing making it impossible, with an engine that already has a "challenging" power delivery, to modulate it in any way, shape or form. Think of the throttle response as having the progressiveness of a light switch at anywhere past half throttle and you have it in a nutshell.

If ever a car showed up the differences between one games implementation of physics and another, this is it. (thanks AC;))

Sorry to diss an otherwise good game but I think your expensive steering wheel and pedal sets are going to waste here.

Amen to this. I will continue to voice my disappointment in the lack of tracks until it is addressed. People can think I and others are entitled, lmao, I really don't give a damn.

Okay then, I'll give it a shot. I don't think the negative opinions in this thread come from people who are entitled.

I think they come from people that fail badly at setting reasonable expectations based on information and experience, rather than what they want. And then, I think they lack the ability to deliver a reasoned opinion on it and instead resort to exaggeration, hyperbole, or vitriolic rants.

I call this phenomenon, #TheInternet.

I paid full price for this game like everyone else and apparently hold PD and their games to a higher standard than most people do.

Maybe it's just a generational thing, I don't know - but to me, when I buy a game, I'm investing in something that has been created. PD made it, I give them money for it... simple as that. I'm not speculating on game-futures... I don't give them money for what I think they might do, I give them money for what was done...

... maybe this model is changing, and so be it, but if that's the case - people must learn how to manage their expectations... basing expectations on hope, not information, is likely to end in forum tantrums.

If I may bring up a point, with the new grief system, I can see people abusing it. Say if you’re in a race defending your position, and you run a little wide in a turn, you lose control of your car, and crash into the person trying to pass you, they might submit a report. Or perhaps they submit a report because of other things like being trolls or otherwise harmless situations. I’m half expecting some innocent drivers will be unfairly penalized because of this, but I also half expect the guilty drivers to get fairly penalized.

If I may bring up a point, with the new grief system, I can see people abusing it. Say if you’re in a race defending your position, and you run a little wide in a turn, you lose control of your car, and crash into the person trying to pass you, they might submit a report. Or perhaps they submit a report because of other things like being trolls or otherwise harmless situations. I’m half expecting some innocent drivers will be unfairly penalized because of this, but I also half expect the guilty drivers to get fairly penalized.

It all depends on how the reports are read and acted upon. Any report system is 'abused', it just matters if the automated system (if applicable) is good enough to spot the right ones or the tools that a manual review has to judge the incident. Either way, unwarranted reports will always be a thing.

I think they come from people that fail badly at setting reasonable expectations based on information and experience, rather than what they want.
I don't believe anticipating tracks that have been in every GT dating back to GT3 or older to be in the game or added along is the way "failing badly at reasonable expectations." PD hinted at tracks being added months ago so I would say tracks that we have seen previously in GT's are the definition of reasonable expectations.

Maybe it's just a generational thing, I don't know - but to me, when I buy a game, I'm investing in something that has been created. PD made it, I give them money for it... simple as that. I'm not speculating on game-futures... I don't give them money for what I think they might do, I give them money for what was done...
Maybe I'm wrong, but didn't Kaz say after the game was released that we should expect updates on a monthly basis that will include cars and/or tracks? Thats what we have seen thus far, it's just the content of the updates that is in question.

de-tomaso-pantera-S2877574-1.jpg

Can we do this ?

It all depends on how the reports are read and acted upon. Any report system is 'abused', it just matters if the automated system (if applicable) is good enough to spot the right ones or the tools that a manual review has to judge the incident. Either way, unwarranted reports will always be a thing.

my guess is that it's gonna flag your account whenever a report was sent about you. and more then likely nothing will be done unless X amount of people report you in a given time frame. I don't think we have anything to worry about for now unless it's made note of that the report system is able to be weaponized easily. with that being said, I suggest you save replays of all questionable races.

Really enjoying the new cars and the track variations, but the penalty system is now waaaaay too strict, got a 4 second penalty for being rearended and a 2 second penalty for somebody else trying to turn me around 🤬

In other news, this guy just commented „UGLY“ on one of my liveries :lol:

Attachments

• C19E86CE-CEF3-4FEA-A91B-83C75E1DE38A.jpeg
    C19E86CE-CEF3-4FEA-A91B-83C75E1DE38A.jpeg
    83.5 KB · Views: 152
I am happy with the update, solid. It is good content, plus more content is on the way soon. The power of those Subarus... GAH! And I'm excited about the F1 series racing in campaign.

The biggest issue with all the "dissatisfied customers" is not that they cry for more content. The issue is that these types are so dissatisfied with the current content. Nothing will make them happy, because they are unhappy. Give them all the classic GT tracks, all the cars and features, everything they cry for... they will still find some way to be dissatisfied. This is not an issue with the game -- the issue is about attitude, expectations and instant gratification. We all want more content, and some of us are able to enjoy the current content while giving PD a bit of patience while they CONTINUE to create what we all want. As said before, it takes time to develop quality software. Yes I am unhappy about some of the content in GT Sport and I have posted such complaints in these forums. But it is not an ongoing attitude and I don't complain on a regular basis. But yes, I will complain about all the complainers :D
Anticipation can be fun. "Patience is the art of waiting while you are busy doing something else." Still not satisfied with this game? Turn off the PS4... take a nap... go for a walk... do some laundry... call a friend... have lunch... or a thousand other activities in life besides "I want, I want I want." Or just sell the game and move on. There is already an "epic whining and crying thread," and the adults tired of all the bitching an moaning children.

Grief systems don't usually do anything unless there are a significant number of reports, then they go back and look at each incident to see if there is a pattern of bad behavior, or if people are abusing the report system.

I wouldn't worry about people being unfairly punished at all.

There was a popular video game streamer who would occasionally get punished for being reported too many times (even though you could only be reported by people in your game), and people speculated it was people watching him stream who were trolling him - he was generally streaming to about 13,000 + people though, so I doubt anything like that will happen in GTS.

I am happy with the update, solid. It is good content, plus more content is on the way soon. The power of those Subarus... GAH! And I'm excited about the F1 series racing in campaign.

The biggest issue with all the "dissatisfied customers" is not that they cry for more content. The issue is that these types are so dissatisfied with the current content. Nothing will make them happy, because they are unhappy. Give them all the classic GT tracks, all the cars and features, everything they cry for... they will still find some way to be dissatisfied. This is not an issue with the game -- the issue is about attitude, expectations and instant gratification. We all want more content, and some of us are able to enjoy the current content while giving PD a bit of patience while they CONTINUE to create what we all want. As said before, it takes time to develop quality software. Yes I am unhappy about some of the content in GT Sport and I have posted such complaints in these forums. But it is not an ongoing attitude and I don't complain on a regular basis. But yes, I will complain about all the complainers :D
Anticipation can be fun. "Patience is the art of waiting while you are busy doing something else." Still not satisfied with this game? Turn off the PS4... take a nap... go for a walk... do some laundry... call a friend... have lunch... or a thousand other activities in life besides "I want, I want I want." Or just sell the game and move on. There is already an "epic whining and crying thread," and the adults tired of all the bitching an moaning children.
I'm happy with the monthly updates but GTSport is not a PS4 launch title and that is why you can read all the "dissatisfied customers".
My biggest criticism about patches today: they make the game like a patchwork and everything looks like an afterthought (GT League).

Lack of content isn't the real problem of this game. The problem is PD not giving what the players want. Just look at the Suggestions Forum:

Custom parts from real manufacturers
Engine/Drivetrain swaps
Practice/Qualifying options
Better AI
Damage
Multiclass endurance races

And what do we get instead? A "new direction" that nobody asked for in the first place.

Back