Gran Turismo Sport 1.13 Update Now Available

I'm taking my sweet time to play GTS to collect all cars "eventually". Since it is at least 6~7 years to a next GT Game perhaps on cloud served PS5 via Fiber internet direct to IP connected display, (I think Console Hardware is end of an era), I'm in no rush to have them all in the garage.

Though I might still splurge once in a while for a 19.99 DLC if I really want to drive that car that weekend.

taking a different approach as I did with GT5 / 6. Let this one mature organically.

Im wondering why we didnt get the g-limited mr2 and v10 r8. They are the same car from the outside. Wouldn't have been hardly any work to throw them in this patch.

The biggest issue with all the "dissatisfied customers" is not that they cry for more content. The issue is that these types are so dissatisfied with the current content. Nothing will make them happy, because they are unhappy. Give them all the classic GT tracks, all the cars and features, everything they cry for... they will still find some way to be dissatisfied. This is not an issue with the game -- the issue is about instant gratification .
So now people who want more tracks are unhappy people who are dissatisfied with their lives and take it out on this forum and PD? Interesting.

This thread is just ridiculous. I don't even even know why we open these threads up for discussion if this is the attitudes that people have towards others who want more/different content.

Last edited:
Here is my long awaited and in depth review of the GTS generic F1 car for all my fans and followers. It is utter **** .

Mostly, but not only, due to that unique GTS exponential throttle thing making it impossible, with an engine that already has a "challenging" power delivery, to modulate it in any way, shape or form. Think of the throttle response as having the progressiveness of a light switch at anywhere past half throttle and you have it in a nutshell.

If ever a car showed up the differences between one games implementation of physics and another, this is it. (thanks AC;))

Sorry to diss an otherwise good game but I think your expensive steering wheel and pedal sets are going to waste here.

I did a handful of time trial laps at Brands Hatch with the F1500T-A and loved it! I think it was with Racing Medium tires and only ABS on. It's got character! I thought the power delivery was the best part, turbo lag and then massive power. Being in the right gear is important. Since speed builds so quickly, I had to make sure to brake enough to avoid understeer.

I had a huge smile on my face the whole time! @Traks1 It almost seems like we drove completely different cars. Did you change the tires or settings?

Im wondering why we didnt get the g-limited mr2 and v10 r8. They are the same car from the outside. Wouldn't have been hardly any work to throw them in this patch.
I liked the 4.2 over the 5.2 imo it was better handling. Anyway there is tuning to bring the hp of the car to the level of the 5.2.

Really love to know what else you've been recording recently track wise !

No reply expected - I know you can't tell us (even if its nothing) from a contractual perspective.

Keep up the good work anyway :cheers:

I've not recorded anything recently aside from Monza. I'll be a bit busier over the next few months though...

Thanks so much - really glad you enjoy it!

Great car pack but the one's that that I care for most are the MR2 and de tomaso. As for Toyota, all we need is the corolla GT apex to complete the road car line up. Glad to see the classic A110 back, WRX time attack gets love as well. The let down is tracks, please PD give us real world circuits please! We want and need ASP! Le mans, Spa, Fuji, Taskuba.

Dont worry everyone, I have already patted myself on the accurate guess that they would add Circuit Experience for Monza in this update.

Also, to the people who keep saying "I would pay for tracks/cars/etc" please keep your mouth shut. I am enjoying free updates and if PD sees that a bunch of people are willing to pay then it may change their game plan haha

Very surprised no new track/location and no weather effects, impressed with the new cars

We are in for a big, potentially huge March update hopefully then. Depends how ambitious the team is :banghead:

Maybe PD have some sort of plan to land a bunch of tracks together at some point in the future,
because not having the tracks that we have had from the very first Gran Turismo makes GT Sport
feel a little barren in my opinion.
I dread to think that the PD plan is to trickle feed tracks at this rate for the next 8 years :boggled:

So PD Want to be serious but but not with the best gear out there that sucks big time so many updates and stil no Fanatec support

Did thrustmaster and Logitech buy PD for not supporting more than those two

I hope Sony blocks PD I the future for not implanted support for all Sony approved hardware

PD, I will not buy anymore off your games anymore you will be blocked from me in future

So PD Want to be serious but but not with the best gear out there that sucks big time so many updates and stil no Fanatec support

Did thrustmaster and Logitech buy PD for not supporting more than those two

I hope Sony blocks PD I the future for not implanted support for all Sony approved hardware

PD, I will not buy anymore off your games anymore you will be blocked from me in future

Ok then

das-ist-die-premiere-edition.jpg

Sorry to steer this thread into juvenilism, but is there anybody who can look at this and not think that this 991 Porsche had way too much cake?

Last edited:
I don't believe anticipating tracks that have been in every GT dating back to GT3 or older to be in the game or added along is the way "failing badly at reasonable expectations." PD hinted at tracks being added months ago so I would say tracks that we have seen previously in GT's are the definition of reasonable expectations.

Yeah, that's reasonable as a basis for an assumption, but you're missing the other key factor in all of this, timescale. People losing their **** now because so far we've only had one re-creation of a previous circuit added, implies that on top of the reasonable assumption PD will add older tracks, is that they should have done it twice in 4 months - which is much harder to justify.

Maybe I'm wrong, but didn't Kaz say after the game was released that we should expect updates on a monthly basis that will include cars and/or tracks? Thats what we have seen thus far, it's just the content of the updates that is in question.

I'm not sure about what Kaz said. As far as I recall, there was an amount of cars specified by March, and there was an indication of total amount of cars by the end of the games life. Only mention of tracks is that they would add some, and that they were working on Deep Forest.

.. based on that, I would say, expecting a number of cars, and for Deep Forest to return, during the life of the game, are reasonable assumptions, and anything beyond that is a real bonus (if unpaid).

Seems strange to me that they dumped the F1500T-A into Gr.X instead of creating a separate grouping.

I couldn't agree more. Personally, I HATE Gr. X. It is a dumping ground for all of the cars PD is too lazy to put in other, more proper, categories. Some of the VGTs with experimental (hence Gr. X, for experimental) technologies, such as the Tomahawk line-up and the Chaparral 2X, deserve to be in there, but not so much for some of the others. The Fittipaldi, for example, would be great in N600, and the BMW i3 would fit well in N200. PD needs to create new categories, such as, for example, Group F (for formula cars, and even have a range from kart to Formula A, B, and C). For the new BRZ, it should be in Group D, as someone mentioned previously in this thread. The 330 P4 and XJ13 should both be in N500.

I am aware that my opinions are not directly related to the 1.13 patch, but I just felt I needed to say what I did in response to tofuhero's comment.

You are failing to understand that real life fictional tracks take far longer to make. So instead of having a 3 month gap with no new tracks, part of the team makes variations till said new tracks release.

One can only fail to understand that if it is actually a fact. Do you have a legitimate source to prove this? ( I don't consider Kaz a legit source either :-) ).

I think the reason why a lot of the cars in Gr. X haven't been moved to separate/new categories is because in many cases there's only one car in that "class". As far as I recall the explanation for Gr. X was to be a spillover designation for concept/experimental cars and cars that didn't yet fit into any existing class. Although I think it'd be accurate to make a Gr. D, Gr. 1C, Gr. F, Gr. TT, Gr. K, and/or Gr. E/H out of some of the cars in the game, I don't think there's enough to make any of the listed groupings yet. I think the most in any category would be Gr. 1C (classic Le Mans racers), but even thats just two cars.

I think it'd be better for PD to wait to make new official groupings either until they've already filled out the class, or when they're ready to display focuses in the update content.

Lack of content isn't the real problem of this game. The problem is PD not giving what the players want. Just look at the Suggestions Forum:

Custom parts from real manufacturers
Engine/Drivetrain swaps
Practice/Qualifying options
Better AI
Damage
Multiclass endurance races

And what do we get instead? A "new direction" that nobody asked for in the first place.

Besides the engine swaps and manufacturer parts, you'll find all that stuff on pcars2 plus more.

What's the deal with the Brz? It's got loads of power but the gearbox is quite tight.
It's an Drift Car! Real life D1 Drift Cars are like this. You need monster Torque, combined with a 4-speed with short gear ratios. All this along with specialized tire compounds makes these cars able to Drift.

Seems strange to me that they dumped the F1500T-A into Gr.X instead of creating a separate grouping.
There's only one F1 car, so it makes sense.

I couldn't agree more. Personally, I HATE Gr. X. It is a dumping ground for all of the cars PD is too lazy to put in other, more proper, categories. Some of the VGTs with experimental (hence Gr. X, for experimental) technologies, such as the Tomahawk line-up and the Chaparral 2X, deserve to be in there, but not so much for some of the others. The Fittipaldi, for example, would be great in N600, and the BMW i3 would fit well in N200. PD needs to create new categories, such as, for example, Group F (for formula cars, and even have a range from kart to Formula A, B, and C). For the new BRZ, it should be in Group D, as someone mentioned previously in this thread. The 330 P4 and XJ13 should both be in N500.

I am aware that my opinions are not directly related to the 1.13 patch, but I just felt I needed to say what I did in response to tofuhero's comment.

Same line with the BRZ, there's only one drift car.

i3 wouldn't really work out in N200 namely because it's electric, and can't keep up well with other cars.

330 P4 and XJ13 in N500? Wouldn't work out well.

Remember when they did that in previous GT's with Skylines and Miatas? That's why :scared:
Never understood the complaining about that topic but yeah, humans are weird :lol:

Tom
I've not recorded anything recently aside from Monza. I'll be a bit busier over the next few months though...

Thanks so much - really glad you enjoy it!

Thanks! The circuit experiences have been helpful to me. Is it possible to give any insight on why the Monza circuit experience was not released at the same time as the track was? Is this something we should expect for any future tracks?

Back